/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Drawing or painting animate beings in islam: Haram or halal?

Siththy hajara
05-25-2023, 08:34 PM
According to islam painting and drawing anything that is living is haram because it means imitating Allah. As a person who used to draw and paint animate beings in the past and still I have those paintings and sketchs, I am afraid that I would make myself displeased to Allah and get severe punishment for that as in a hadith prophet Muhammad (pbuh) says. My question is what do I do for the art I've drewen already?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ARandomTree
05-26-2023, 01:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Siththy hajara
According to islam painting and drawing anything that is living is haram because it means imitating Allah. As a person who used to draw and paint animate beings in the past and still I have those paintings and sketchs, I am afraid that I would make myself displeased to Allah and get severe punishment for that as in a hadith prophet Muhammad (pbuh) says. My question is what do I do for the art I've drewen already?
Images of animate beings are haram in islam. With regard to your situation, i think its best you erase and remove them and repent to Allah (S.W.T.)

Images of inanimate beings are halal, so you can draw trees, planes, cars etc.

MaherMamdouh
05-29-2023, 07:39 AM

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
sister painting animated being is haram due to it’s not permissible to photograph the souls, even if it was on paper wood etc, it is in the Hadith in Sahih Muslim 2107.

(( قَدِمَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ مِنْ سَفَرٍ وَقَدْ سَتَّرْتُ عَلَى بَابِي دُرْنُوكًا فِيهِ الْخَيْلُ ذَوَاتُ الأَجْنِحَةِ ، فَأَمَرَنِي فَنَزَعْتُهُ . ))

((Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) came back from the journey and I had screened my door with a curtain having portraits of winged horses upon it. He commanded me and I pulled it away.))

ان شاء الله that you understood that it’s haram and may الله forgive our sins, and I you are worried that you may sinned repent to الله.

MaherMamdouh
05-29-2023, 10:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Siththy hajara
And the other question that you have asked that what do you do if you already drew it, it’s best to throw it away or any way of removing the drawing.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.