/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Non-Halal chicken bought accidentally

intarian
06-22-2023, 02:48 PM
Salam Everyone!

This is my first post here, so not sure about all the rules of this forum.

I have ordered halal cooked frozen chicken online but they accidentally delivered the non-halal version. I have asked few of my friends but they seem not interested and the online store is not accepting returns, and giving away to food shelter or animals is not an option here. My only option is to discard it. Now the question coming to my head is food wastage permissible and is less serious concern then consuming non-halal food?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
06-23-2023, 10:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by intarian
Now the question coming to my head is food wastage permissible and is less serious concern then consuming non-halal food?

:sl:

Yes, discard it. A Muslim doesn't consider Non-halal as food so there's no question of wastage.

Karl
06-25-2023, 07:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by intarian
Salam Everyone!

This is my first post here, so not sure about all the rules of this forum.

I have ordered halal cooked frozen chicken online but they accidentally delivered the non-halal version. I have asked few of my friends but they seem not interested and the online store is not accepting returns, and giving away to food shelter or animals is not an option here. My only option is to discard it. Now the question coming to my head is food wastage permissible and is less serious concern then consuming non-halal food?
Why don't you just ask Allah to bless your chicken. Or you could give or trade the chicken to a non Muslim. Wastage of food is a sin and disrespect to life.

intarian
06-26-2023, 04:48 PM
I have asked my non-muslim friends they are not interested and turns out the chicken has a labeled date (not sure if its expiry or manufacturing) but its past the current date. So, in the best interest of everyone I have decided to discard it. I am trying to feed it to vultures but haven't seen here any. Hope they can find and eat it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.