/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I`m not sure they treated Jesus badly

Frank1985
07-19-2023, 03:44 PM
I`ve come to some, realisation, about Jesus below:

1. the movie, The Passion of The Christ, were, way too violent to be true,

2. the tomb of Jesus, in Jerusalem, had no blood-stains, only, a carved cross, I find it a little difficult that there`s no blood-stains after him, when he was treated so badly on the cross, nails through limbs, and poking in chest with a spear, and so fourth, I`m talking about the tomb in the church, they opened it to maintenance on the building,

3. people were poor, and had no tools to pry off the nails in Jesus`s limbs, which also is difficult when limbs are in the way, the, nails would have been deep into the wood also to be able to hang up a person,

4. he was a little crazy, because he said he was son of a higher being, so I don`t think, people would treat a mildly, crazy person, that bad,

5. the Romans at the time, didn`t like singing or acting, so I think they were a little against violence also, there must have been some provocation from him Jesus himself, which I doubt, if, he really was that kind,

- what do you think, I`m onto something? I`m new here, by the way :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
07-20-2023, 08:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Frank1985
I`ve come to some, realisation, about Jesus below:

1. the movie, The Passion of The Christ, were, way too violent to be true,

2. the tomb of Jesus, in Jerusalem, had no blood-stains, only, a carved cross, I find it a little difficult that there`s no blood-stains after him, when he was treated so badly on the cross, nails through limbs, and poking in chest with a spear, and so fourth, I`m talking about the tomb in the church, they opened it to maintenance on the building,

3. people were poor, and had no tools to pry off the nails in Jesus`s limbs, which also is difficult when limbs are in the way, the, nails would have been deep into the wood also to be able to hang up a person,

4. he was a little crazy, because he said he was son of a higher being, so I don`t think, people would treat a mildly, crazy person, that bad,

5. the Romans at the time, didn`t like singing or acting, so I think they were a little against violence also, there must have been some provocation from him Jesus himself, which I doubt, if, he really was that kind,

- what do you think, I`m onto something? I`m new here, by the way :)
I am sorry to say this, but you are onto nothing.
You just listed a bunch of hunches and guesses based on a movie and a lot of gut feeling, which is not a solid basis to build on.

1. the movie is just a movie. It means nothing. Its just fiction. And way too violent to be true? If you ever went to a museum you would see horrible torturing devices. So the human kind is capable to do a lot worse.

2. I don't know. I thought the "schroud of Jesus" was missing. I have too little information to say anything about this.

3. so? it doesn't mean that EVERYBODY was poor. There were blacksmiths everywhere, so I do not think that finding a crowbar somewhere would be that much a problem.

4. saying that there is only one God to a bunch of people who believe in various idols is like the biggest attack one could unleash upon them...so i do not think they would treat such person as "mildly crazy"

-how do you know romans didn't like singing and acting?
-how does "don't like singing and acting" have anything to do with "being of not being violent"?
-Jesus as said their religion is false and they should abandon it...which could very well be seen as a big threat and provocation.
-It doesn't matter how kind someone is. Truth hurts, especially when you are in the wrong.

6. Welcome to Islamicboard Frank. I appreciate you shared your thoughts and ideas with us. I triead to give those ideas a little more based direction. I am not trying to be mean or anything, so I'm sorry if you felt that way, but statements based on pure speculation is just not enough as a good guidance.

greenhill
07-20-2023, 03:46 PM
Welcome to IB Frank1985.

Umit kept it in context of your reference to the movie.
For Muslims, Jesus never died at the cross. That is something the Christians believe. Because Jesus wasn't crucified, the cross also has no significance.

So, the film is just a story. We can't take it seriously.

: peace:

Eric H
07-20-2023, 06:48 PM
Peace be with you Frank, and welcome to the forum,

You might be better asking questions about Islam, as this is an Islamic forum.

As you are asking Christian questions on an Islamic forum, can I ask you a question on evolution. Mathematically, how could evolution happen without God?

Four billion years ago, there was no life. The human body has around thirty plus trillion cells. The cells are renewed at the rate of around 330 billion every day. This means our bodies are producing and organising cells at the rate of around one billion cells every five minutes. The human body is made up of around 500 muscles, 200 bones, 500 ligaments and 1000 tendons. Imagine doing a billion piece jigsaw puzzle of a human skeleton every five minutes for seventy years.

The blue whale is about 2000 times the size of a human. Their bodies could have around sixty thousand trillion cells, and they live up to about a hundred years. This would mean, their bodies will grow at the rate of around five hundred trillion cells, every year. Over a trillion cells every single day for a hundred years. Plus they would be renewing their cells at the rate of trillions plus per day.

How could blind nature produce and organise a trillion cells a day, or around forty billion per hour, or about a billion cells every couple of minutes. Imagine doing a billion-piece jigsaw puzzle of a three-dimensional whale skeleton, every couple of minutes for a hundred years. Random mutation plays a part in evolution, but how can you use the word random with rapid cell growth and astronomical numbers. Imagine the chaos that could ensue, when cells are growing and being organised at the rate of a billion cells every couple of minutes.

The maximum number of blue whales would likely be less than a million, a generation is about ten years. Evolution has very small numbers to work with. Five billion years ago, there was no life. Life on earth may have started around 3.8 billion years ago, at that point there was single cell life and no blueprint for a blue whale. The 3.8 billion year journey, seems mathematically impossible without God.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad
07-22-2023, 01:17 PM
Hello,

format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
You might be better asking questions about Islam, as this is an Islamic forum.

As you are asking Christian questions on an Islamic forum, can I ask you a question on evolution.
Asking questions about Jesus, even in the context of Christian portrayal, are not necessarily ‘Christian questions’. As I’m sure you know, Muslims believe in Jesus عليه السلام as a great Prophet of God and respect him alongside all the other Prophets sent by God. As such, asking about the Prophets of God on an Islamic forum is completely fine.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.