/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Abortion and its permissibility in Islam

H.Ach
07-19-2023, 07:01 PM
Asalmualaykum,

I have a question regarding abortion and its permissibility in Islam. I have done some research on this, however there are diverse opinions on the subject matter and scenario specific. I am not able to get an answer relatable to a situation.

Say a married couple have tried and intended to not have a child using various contraceptive methods. However the wife got pregnant and its less then 40 days.

One of the parents is taking certain medication that can cause birth defects and the father is unwell with an unsolved illness. Due to this the father will not be able to support the child and wife if this illness does not heal over time. Having a child will cause both worsened condition of the father and a particularly hard situation both financially and mentally that could lead to other issues in the marriage. I understood that financial hardship is not enough to excuse abortion, however what about the other factors.

I would appreciate some input on this matter and whether abortion can be an option if its before 40 days. Thank you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.