/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ibn Umar the precursor to the Mahdi [with sources]

IbnUmar
07-23-2023, 02:48 AM
I had a dream where I was handed a black banner and in gold arabic caligraphy it was written on it Ibn Umar I then wondered to myself is that the caliph. I then proceeded along with other youths who had black banners but theirs said the shahada.
I had another dream where Umar(RA) said to me, "Come to Medina and be an advisor".
This led to me researching any textual evidence on a caliph that isn't the Mahdi. And for sure I did find evidence, it goes as the following:
Umar bin Khattab (may Allah be pleased with him) used to say: "There will be among my offspring a man with a scar on his face who will fill the earth with justice just as it was filled with injustice and oppression" [Al-Maarif p. 362] "Reportedly, al-Faruq once had a vision that also pointed to this, as did numerous other people to the extent that it became common knowledge..." [Fiqh Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz (1/20)]
Many would argue that this was talking about Umar ibn Abd-Aziz but he only ruled for two short years and all his reformist policies were limited to a geographic area and was reversed by
Yazid II the minute he took office.
I even found a hadith that could be talking about him as the caliph of war [meaning he will attain much spoils of war] during the global wars of Malhamah
Abu Sa‘īd al-Khudri (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (may Allah's peace and blessings be upon him) said: "From among your caliphs there will be a caliph, at the end of times, who will distribute money without counting it."
Sahih/Authentic. - [Muslim]
Separate from this hadith which describes the Mahdi by name:
Abu Sa’id al-Khudri reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The Mahdi will appear in the latter part of my nation. Allah will grant him rain to bring produce from the earth. He will give out wealth appropriately, cattle will be plentiful, and the nation will become great. He will live as ruler for seven or eight years.”
Source: al-Mustadrak ‘alá al-Ṣaḥīḥayn 8716
One gives wealth out appropriately the other gives without counting.
The final daleel that the Mahdi is one of the final caliphs and will come at end of succession after all 12 imams from Quraysh.
It was narrated that Jaabir ibn Samurah said: I entered upon the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) with my father, and I heard him say: “This matter will not end until there have been among them twelve caliphs.” Then he said something that I could not hear, and I said to my father: What did he say? He said: “All of them will be from Quraysh.”
Narrated by al-Bukhaari (no. 7222); Muslim (no. 1821).
Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said: If only one day of this world remained. Allah would lengthen that day (according to the version of Za'idah), till He raised up in it a man who belongs to me or to my family whose father's name is the same as my father's, who will fill the earth with equity and justice as it has been filled with oppression and tyranny (according to the version of Fitr). Sufyan's version says: The world will not pass away before the Arabs are ruled by a man of my family whose name will be the same as mine.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.