/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help: Divorce for a woman

Roora
08-23-2023, 04:17 AM
Hello, I have a question that's very important to me. In 2021, I committed Zina with a very bad man who took advantage of my naivety. I had just turned 19 in 2021 and had no contact with men, no experiences, and never intended to enter a relationship because I wasn't ready for marriage. Unfortunately, I met a man who was 7 years older than me. He identified as Muslim but didn't practice at all, lied, cheated, and committed many serious sins without ever repenting. I should mention that I wasn't very religious at that time. Religion was there, but faith wasn't. My father found out, and I was pressured to marry him due to my father's cultural beliefs. For the man, it wasn't a problem; he probably thought he had hit the jackpot by marrying me. To "make up" for my Zina, I married him (although I know that marriage doesn't undo my sin). As expected, these have been the worst 2 years of my life as he makes me extremely unhappy. Through this tough time, I've become religious and realized that I'm doing something wrong by staying with him, as he's a truly bad person with narcissistic traits. The marriage with him isn't Islamic at all, quite the opposite. I left him 6 weeks ago, and the divorce will be finalized in 3 weeks. I've initiated the legal divorce process before seeking an Islamic divorce. The problem now is that I don't know how to seek Allah's blessings for the divorce. I no longer love him despite my efforts. He has pushed me into a corner emotionally and psychologically. He won't initiate talaq, and I don't know if I'm allowed to marry again in this way. I was never informed, and I have no one to turn to. Can you tell me how I can obtain an Islamic divorce? Best regards.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
08-23-2023, 07:16 PM
Assalamu Alaykum,

I believe there is a process known as Khula where a married woman can request divorce in exchange for money, e.g. perhaps the mahr amount. I think it might be good for you to visit a mosque or Islamic institution near where you live and ask for specific guidance on this matter.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.