/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Career Questions as a Muslim Woman

islamsana
09-25-2023, 05:30 PM
I have two questions regarding careers as a young Muslim woman. First is I really want to work in a women's prison to assist in rehabilitation etc as a prison officer, and inshallah that work would be very meaningful and helpful to those women. However, the uniform required means I would have to tuck my hijab in for safety (grabbing etc) so I wouldn't be able to cover my chest/blouse area with the hijab. Would this be permissible in Islam, given I will be mostly working with Muslims?

I have also considered a career as a foster carer due to the immense goodness I could bring to the children in my care. However, if I were to care for a non-Muslim child, I would of course not be able to or want to impose or force Islam on the girl. Would it be permissible to raise this child as a non Muslim - as the greater good is in providing a home for her, and she will not be my offspring?

These are unusual unique questions so your consideration in response would be hugely appreciated. Jazakallah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.