/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am an ex salafi and ex anthropomorphizer (Need advice, big time

exion
09-25-2023, 09:11 PM
Salamu 'alaykum bros and sisters

This is not a criticism thread, I am not trying to critique anyone here, but I need to talk to some brothers about this and it would be really kind of you if you would let me do it here because I was very confused for a very long time and alhamdulillah Allah has guided me to understand a few things recently, but I need some advice and help!

I was a "Salafi" or "wahabi" for many many years, even studied under a shaykh from Madinah, and alhamdulillah Allah has made me realize that Ahl-us-Sunnah wal-Jama'ah always have been about madhahib and doing taqleed. I am not joking, Allah has shown me their true colors and I am also repenting for having anthropomorphised Allah when I was with them. But I need advice and help, what modern Da'ees should I listen to? Preferably western ones... and what modern scholars should I turn to (regardless of ethnicity) and what is a good website to start following a madhab (I was a hanafi waaaay back, I'm from Bosnia so we're hanafis).

Another question, I am still very certain of the fact that grave worshiping is completely shirk, and that making du'a to anyone other than Allah is also shirk... why are salafis saying that the Ummah is doing this nowadays?!

Help an akh out, jazak allah khair :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nabsad
09-26-2023, 03:13 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

https://www.sacredlearning.org/talks/
Perhaps you can listen to a few of these. They tend to focus more on self-improvement. I've found them to be extremely beneficial. May Allah guide us all.

JazakAllah,
Nabeel

abuahmed
09-27-2023, 07:08 AM
Assalam Alaykum Bro!
As you said it you search for help to guide you in your new approach to DEEN, but do you mind if we discuss few points you have mentioned in your thread?
I await your replt!

anatolian
09-28-2023, 06:47 PM
Aleikum Salam. If you turn back to Hanafi you can find lots of material in net since the majority of Muslims are Hanafi.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
exion
10-14-2023, 09:42 PM
Wa 'alaykumu salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh dear akhi

Yes, we can discuss anything of what I wrote, just ask and I'll respond as soon as I see it :)

Barak Allah Feek akhi, take care.

--------------------------------------------

exion
10-14-2023, 09:46 PM
yes I was hanafi before I fell for their group... I didn't plan on doing it but they always emphasized how a madhab isn't really that important and that you can just have one as a base and then they blindly follow the Sa'ud scholars.. which is quite hillarious because they are kind of criticising the Sunnis for sticking to a madhab by doing taqlid. What happened there? Upon asking them about this they always replied "Allah commanded to ask the Ahl-udh-dhikr in the Qur'an". Yeah but aren't Sunnis doing this by sticking to a Madhab?! It never added up to me.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.