/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Autism and uneducated...

Ghost1987
10-09-2023, 04:38 PM
As Salam alaikum

I am uneducated I never went to school I dropped out in 7th grade
I don't understand much...I feel like I'm just a hippopotamus
That wished she was a zebra
I'm serious I have low intteclt like a retarded child...

I can use the bathroom and eat and clean little bit but that's it ..
I just didn't wanna go to school

I'm saying this because with this mind I can't understand Islam...
I can't read the search of the nabi
I can't read Quran in English ...

I don't know I just don't know...

- - - Updated - - -

Seerah*

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghost1987
10-09-2023, 04:50 PM
I don't understand written and spoken speech unless it's really simple....

I can recite Quran in Arabic but very slow it would take me 2 years to finish if I try...

English is very hard for me...

Ghost1987
10-09-2023, 06:12 PM
Early alhemzimers...

Sunshineday
10-09-2023, 09:51 PM
At the time of the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him a Man came up and said he will only recite a small surah and that is all, he did so and the Prophet said he is one of those successful. It today's time, with the internet especially, there is already talk of being overloaded and thinking you should do this, know this. As long as you accept Allah, the Prophets, Day of Judgement, Paradise and Hell, and recite what is easy for you, then it is OK, then you find that Allah helps you with this and build up. There is too much even in other areas of life, that people think they just need to be at a specific way, when they need to start somewhere and be content.

I do get concerned with those who go online and need to help themselves, but get distracted and thinking they need to do what others are doing. The last 2 surahs of Surah Baqarah is useful and mentions Allah not overburdening people. If you struggle to read, then there are recordings, youtube videos that you can follow along

This youtube link shows the transliteration too -the transliteration is showing in english how to pronounce the words and follow through- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTbvW7gHDok

Just keep it simple, do not get distracted by doing more, work at this comfortably and if you can build up, I would stay with this and the last 2 surahs of the

Surah Nas

Quran https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZU0oNDdZeg

2. Surah Falaq

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSurpq8s1HI

3. Ayat Kursi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En4u_nfLGSI

People that do well, started basically and building on what they could if they can -Allah is not asking you to be like someone else and their abilities -he is asking you to do what you can-so keep it simple.

If you do the above OK, the build and listen to Surah Mulk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XV_x5ByZms

Do not be one of those being distracted and asking questions that may not benefit them-remember they think they are doing well but it isn't. First just practise comfortably being OK with what you can do, no need to waste your time, mind on matters that other people problems, and issues when others can't sort it out. There are people who read the Quran but don't even think of the life of the hereafter, there are those that even learnt the Quran off by heart, but have committed crimes -so work at your level and be content-that is the way of the successful people.

I may not always be around, but do worry, may Allah strengthen you -remember too many people are just praying to Allah for things to be this way and that, but why would Allah help with that, when they can't even be content with being able to read one surah of the Quran-I have seen your other posts and seem to be doing well, by looking towards prayer-carry on with this (do not be distracted by learning this and this, when you need to work at what works for you and learn what you can if it is beneficial to you). Do not be troubled.

May Allah be with you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghost1987
10-09-2023, 10:14 PM
As Salam Alaikum

May Allah love you for teaching me

That was very generous help from you...

I wanted to know with this autism if I do shirk with this autism because of my ocd will it take me to hell?...

Jazakh Allah Khair.

sister herb
10-11-2023, 03:59 PM
Salam alaykum dear sister Ghost1987

You know, everyone donĀ“t need to have a degree from university, knowledge from many languages or higher education. What matters to Allah is that you have a good heart, pure mind and you try your best.

:hijab2:

Sunshineday
10-12-2023, 11:44 PM
OCD and other behavioural issues, the problems here, we don't have a complete picture except the glimpses-the real questions are not asked. And even the real questions as I see it, maybe glossed over as just boring like respect and respecting parents, being a servant. So, of course this is just with not a complete picture, and just what I have seen:

1. Let's say person A is doing a job packaging and putting correct labels on them, let's say they just about do this job. (no problems here islam wise as you need to be content-why would Allah give you something else, if you are not content with the basics and where you are). Here this person should be content working at their level. Allah is not asking them to work at other people's levels.

2. Let's no say that A is upset they been looking at a Manager and think that is a better position, now they are feeling unhappy about themselves. This is wrong as they need to look at what works best for them and not use other people's positions or live on a fantasy. Now, if they go down this path, they are no longer feeling good about themselves, they feel less self worth. I think actually the starting point is the basics of Islamic teachings of respecting your parents/others, being a servant.

3. In the western world, people are taught to do whatever makes them happy. This is wrong as it should have been respecting their parents, and when you start doing that as a child, listening, and respecting the home, and doing things for your parents, you are learning how to be helpful and here is your self-worth. You are beneficial to others as well as making your life work. It is not about putting yourself as the centre of attention.

4. The problem is the people who have OCD that I have seen, are not showing this behaviour first-respecting and being of service, they think they do, just because they do chores-but it isn't just about action -but about mental acceptance. So a muslim would be saying this is my place-I am here to being useful to my parents, and I am motivated and this is my life to help out. This position you would need to be content with. This is why we have stories of those that took their responsibility to their family members seriously (not just about crying when they pass away or ill), but by being around. Here, you are not placing yourself in the centre of attention.

5. If person A, let's use extreme examples to demonstrate this, was asked to do go to a place that they haven't been and give a speech of the natural environment that they do not understand, they would be uncomfortable, naturally you would accept, you are not competent to do this work. Of course if they went there they would feel anxious and upset and not good enough.

6. Also the comments that I have heard of OCD worrying about things and others, is again they are not questioned what they believe in. Everything belongs to Allah-we don't have to worry about people, as place your trust in Allah. We are not of what may happen -Allah did not give this, that is why when you pray and if something goes your way or doesn't, you accept it as the best path for you-but there are those that are fixated and think there thoughts are greater than what is best for them. This is what happened to Pharaoh.

7. The issue is also, which we don't always see, that there is actually rebellion-again this needs to be checked further. For example, they might not accept proper advice and are not interested-with issues of respect and parents etc.

8. There have been even Muslims asking questions so they know what to say to the non-believers-but they shouldn't feel uncomfortable-just direct them the mosque -people who have knowledge.

9. Even in the western world there is acceptance that there is too much information and shown ways of living but not saying be content in doing the basics as much. Then people are getting stressed.

10. A muslim lady was being buried and when they opened her grave it smelled of roses, it was asked what she did -and she just spent time fetching water for people.

11. Being content is a must. If you are not, going after something else isn't always the answer and there are those that spend time keep on going after other things instead of working with what they have.

12. This is where children need to be raised to respect their parents/others, accept their positions of what they do and build on that if they do. As we advise be around those who bring out the best in you-so you can be of benefit to yourself and others.

13. We do agree with the jinn playing a role in getting people being insecure, but I think part of that is built on not accepting their position in this world-accepting what Allah has given them. Allah didn't give you another position so you should be happy and content with what he has provided.

14. How many children movies are now teaching them to be the centre of attention? Typical stories of being bullied and then being accepted? It isn't our job to pray to Allah to get people to accept us-they should be accepting Allah. Allah is more important.

15. This is why the muslims are the best, we listened to the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him and so benefited from his teachings. The Christians didn't -as they were afraid of the authorities, even though the Prophet had the table spread and created a bird out of clay with Allah's permission. The jews of rejecting the last 2 prophets and not listening the rest until they worked for them.

16. Calipah Umar Ibn Al Khattab had even pushed people against the wall and confronted them-they didn't go away and say we are not going to be muslims as we don't think we are being treated the way we wish to be treated. When the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him said that he will give the flag to someone who Allah and he loves the most and everyone wanted it, but it was given to Ali -doesn't mean the rest of the muslims stopped being muslims and turned away-here they accepted their position.

17. Prophet Yusuf peace be upon him's brothers, should have also been content with their position, what more did they want-their lives were relatively the same of what they were capable of doing.18. Even Satan should have been content, when he used to live in Heaven and pray-his position did not change because Allah created Mankind. But he was upset about his position now that it was not better then Mankind, so now Satan said everything he did for years, was no longer good enough, even though he learnt, and it was said that even the angels went up to him for advice.Remember if you need to being in another position -then Allah would have put you there, so work with what you have and be content with what Allah has provided you. I have only put down issues so not saying we know it all-again the right questions are not being asked to confirm what it is all about. Remember Allah, Day of Judgement, Paradise and Hell. So you don't go to hell, as long as you believe in Allah. Remember even if you didn't have autism etc, you still would be working within your limits. Allah again, never asked you to be like someone else, when people converted to Islam, they didn't change their personalities, what Allah has already gave them of their abilities, they changed not being arrogant and submitting to Allah.

- - - Updated - - -

Placed paragraphs

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.