/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need help to quit drinking permanently

prayforthebest
11-13-2023, 08:58 PM
Assalam aleikum dear friends.I'm a long time visitor of this site and have been coming hear on and off (mostly off) for the last few years. I didn't have a real chance to register as I spent too much time homeless bit alhamdullilah I have a place to live that I can call home. I wanted to seek help towards trying to rid my self of this addiction once and for all. In the past I have tried to stop so many many times I can't recall. The times I have I have relapsed after 1-2 years sober and other times 6-12 months sober and the rest were like 3-6 months sober but I always relapse. My drinking has become so excessive as of the last few years that I drank almost everyday if my body can take it I would drink everyday until I get sick. Then I have to take a break for up to a week to let battered liver recover. Yes it ashamed of this addiction, I won't lie. I don't won't to die young either. Not that I love this dünya because I don't. I am trying to better my health all round by obtaining. I know it is haram and I do not want to carry on.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
11-14-2023, 07:49 PM
Peace be with you, and welcome to the forum,

When I was younger, I watched my dad die an alcoholic, there seemed nothing we could do for him at the time. Since then, I have seen a number of people fight back and take back control of their lives. You describe being homeless, and with that comes a lot of mental health issues. You understand how bad drinking is for you, and you describe drinking in a way that you are using it to self harm.

It is always so hard asking for help when you feel at rock bottom, but sharing your story, is a step towards healing.

mrfantastic23
11-20-2023, 10:48 PM
may Allah swt help you

Sunshineday
11-21-2023, 01:31 AM
Vague considering that you have already mentioned you stopped drinking and already sought help. So it's vague as nothing mentioned of why you drink, it is to compensate? Depression, not wanting to deal with life. Nothing wrong with seeking professional advice on behaviour -including "attachment theory". As long as you don't sit there thinking you need to receive emotional support. Also vague as what did you do when you stopped drinking -what did you substitute for your drinking, what was your activities that you did? Difficult when of course your homeless-but still vague.

In Islam, Allah is already treating you as if you are capable as you are being tested in this world already. So you need to be honest with yourself and stop treating it back to square one as you have done with your statement-as keeping yourself back. The devils and the humans have the same test but start at different levels-they previously could eavesdrop on Heaven and of course they know of Satan as he has been alive all this time. Do not fall in the trap of those seeking advice by sitting there to be treated like a child.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.