/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Revert in Tunisia

Tunis13
12-04-2023, 08:23 PM
Hi,I am a political writer and organizer from the US, now recently in Tunis, in an especially trying moment in life. One of the reasons I chose to come here, when I decided to leave the US for a while, was my strong internal desire to revert to Islam, despite knowing how to really go through with that, and more so, to practice. I had a few options but wanted to go to a Muslim country.It has echoed in my mind for years; my background is Russian orthodox, but the wave of reversion in recent weeks made me wake up and realize I needed to not feel shame about this.I speak French, but not Arabic/tunisien, and I’m a little lost on how I would make contact with an imam, or learn how to practice/pray. I’m wondering if someone might have any connections or any advice.SalaamJim

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
12-04-2023, 08:56 PM
Hello,Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your story with us. Don’t delay your decision to revert to Islam. If you go to a Mosque it should be easy to make contact with an Imam there; perhaps ask someone there to help you.As for learning about prayer, the Imam would be able to guide you with this but there are also many resources on the internet. We have some threads about advice and useful topics for new Muslims here: https://www.islamicboard.com/new-muslims/Take things step by step and Allah will make things easy for you.

Muhammad
12-04-2023, 09:00 PM
Apologies about the formatting. Link is:https://www.islamicboard.com/new-muslims/

New Muslims
New Muslims - Support for new Muslims...

Tunis13
12-10-2023, 08:36 PM
Assalamu AlaikumI just stayed persistent, and actually via a center in London I found a Sheik and his family who speak very well. They had me over for the entire day Friday, fed me, showed me proper Ablution, and I said Shahada at the Mosque during Friday Salat! Alhamdulillah!!!Everything is changing. Thank you brother for your support and to anyone who read my post and said prayers for me. So much to learn.SalaamJim

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MuslimSpace
12-10-2023, 09:17 PM
Allahu'Akbar! Welcome to Islam! May Allah bless you and help you throughout your journey!

Muhammad
12-11-2023, 08:28 PM
Wa Alaykum Assalam,Ma sha Allah, that is so amazing. May Allah continue to guide you and increase you in knowledge and understanding, Ameen!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.