/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My issue with my parents and the hijab

Kenzo!
12-19-2023, 04:54 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

My name is Aya, i'm born muslim and i'm 14 years but still have deep interest in islam and religion.

Two years ago, i have asked my parents to finally put hijab but they didn't agree and didn't let me wear it, saying i wasn't ready and that islam isn't just being hijabi but it's more about my prayer, my iman and my islam. I gave up at the end and stopped asking.

This year, i was ready and i asked them again but my mother told me that wearing it will only ruin my relationship with her and that if i wore it, she would or leave the house or i'll have to leave. I'm still ready to put the hijab on but i'm scared it will have consequences with my parents and all. Especially that islam talked about parents, but mine said i was just not ready and that i had to believe them and trust them.

Can i have some advices please ?

Thank you in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
12-20-2023, 03:33 PM
Maybe try finding a well spoken alim/alimah of similar age to the to explain with hikmah.

If they understand that it's very important to you, they will likely come around to acceptance.

Kenzo!
12-26-2023, 07:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Maybe try finding a well spoken alim/alimah of similar age to the to explain with hikmah.

If they understand that it's very important to you, they will likely come around to acceptance.
Thank you very much brother. I'll try and convince them today. Assalamu alaykum and may Allah bless you

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.