/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can recitation of the Quran be used as an excuse?

bingu
01-21-2024, 11:48 AM
Assalamualykm.I just wanted to know if it's ok for a lady to keep refusing her husband marital pleasure, and sometimes even uses recitation of the Quran as an excuse. For example, he comes to her and (at that time) she happens to be doing some house cleaning and in the background Quran is being recited, and she says to her husband, "the Quran is being recited just now, so we can't."Shukran.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
01-22-2024, 07:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by bingu
Assalamualykm.I just wanted to know if it's ok for a lady to keep refusing her husband marital pleasure, and sometimes even uses recitation of the Quran as an excuse. For example, he comes to her and (at that time) she happens to be doing some house cleaning and in the background Quran is being recited, and she says to her husband, "the Quran is being recited just now, so we can't."Shukran.
There was this hadeeth (I can find anymore which hadeeth it was) that Muhammed (sas) pointed to a holy place and said that praying here gives much rewards. I believe somewhere in the mountains. So, all the men started praying there and left their homes, forgot about their duties towards their wives, family, work...just to earn as much reward as possible.
When the Prophet heard that, he got angry of course. Praying there is very benificial, but should never be an excuse to not fullfill your duties towards others.!!

Too bad I cannot find the hadeeth anymore, I hope someone can help me with that.

bingu
01-29-2024, 07:24 PM
Shukran, JazaakAllah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.