/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do I do Salah?

Canadian23
02-29-2024, 05:56 AM
I want to practice Salah before becoming a Muslim. Can someone let me know what prayers to say for the first prayer in the morning. then the prayers I say later in the day. I will do the minimum prayers to start. Is it ok for me to hold a piece of paper while saying the prayer? Because I won't be able to memorize them right away. I already know which direction the Ka'bah is located from me and have a clean towel to use as a carpet till I can get one. I know about Wudu already so that's not a problem.

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
03-01-2024, 12:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Canadian23
I want to practice Salah before becoming a Muslim. Can someone let me know what prayers to say for the first prayer in the morning. then the prayers I say later in the day. I will do the minimum prayers to start. Is it ok for me to hold a piece of paper while saying the prayer? Because I won't be able to memorize them right away. I already know which direction the Ka'bah is located from me and have a clean towel to use as a carpet till I can get one. I know about Wudu already so that's not a problem.

Thanks.
That is not possible. Short before ending your salaat, you must say the "profession of faith" (shahada)...so technically, you will become a muslim before the ending of your first salaat.
Piece of paper is no problem. you can do that.
How to pray, you can find here:
https://www.mymasjid.ca/beginners-gu...lah/chapter-4/

Good luck.

Tawheed
03-03-2024, 05:48 PM
Have you learned al Fatihah?...

Canadian23
03-06-2024, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the link I will start reading it. I'm going to take my Shahada soon if I can get into the Mosque when it is quiet. I have a serious anxiety problem which makes it hard to be around people. So I will mostly pray at home and go to the Mosque when its quiet or just pray at home. I want to do it before Ramadan so I can take part in that. Theres a small Mosque up the street from me so that's very handy. Not a lot of Muslims in my city, Vancouver Canada. Oct 7th got me interested in Islam and thats what drove me to revert. I watched a lot of videos on Youtube talking about the difference between Judaism and Christianity and Islam seems like the best way to worship God. I will look into al Fatihah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad
03-09-2024, 04:27 PM
Hello Canadian23,

format_quote Originally Posted by Canadian23
Thanks for the link I will start reading it. I'm going to take my Shahada soon if I can get into the Mosque when it is quiet. I have a serious anxiety problem which makes it hard to be around people. So I will mostly pray at home and go to the Mosque when its quiet or just pray at home. I want to do it before Ramadan so I can take part in that. Theres a small Mosque up the street from me so that's very handy. Not a lot of Muslims in my city, Vancouver Canada. Oct 7th got me interested in Islam and thats what drove me to revert. I watched a lot of videos on Youtube talking about the difference between Judaism and Christianity and Islam seems like the best way to worship God. I will look into al Fatihah.
Try to take your Shahadah as soon as you can - if going to the Mosque is too difficult, it can be done anywhere and doesn't require a lot of people to be present. Having a Mosque close by is very useful because as a new Muslim you will need support and people to guide you. Let us know how things go.

Canadian23
03-13-2024, 04:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
Hello Canadian23,

Try to take your Shahadah as soon as you can - if going to the Mosque is too difficult, it can be done anywhere and doesn't require a lot of people to be present. Having a Mosque close by is very useful because as a new Muslim you will need support and people to guide you. Let us know how things go.
Thank you. I am fasting since the start of Ramadan. I am going to take the Shahadah on March 17th since I'm Irish and this is a big holiday for us. I want it to be a date I don't forget so I can always remember the exact date when people ask. I've been watching how to pray on youtube which is easier than reading for me. Once I'm there I will ask the Iman to show me how to pray as well and get his email for any future questions I may have in case my anxiety problem keeps me from going to the Mosque. Thanks for all the help.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.