/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Personal Dilemma

muslimah002
03-29-2024, 07:44 PM
Assalamualaikum WaRahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu and Ramadan Kareem, Alhamdullilah I am graduating from uni this semester. Before the boycotts began, I was dead-set on going to Disney World to celebrate my graduation, but since we have been boycotting Disney, I have since changed my mind. My dad sadly has missed that memo and is now planning our trip to Orlando. I am so grateful that he remembered what I wanted to do to celebrate, but now I feel bad. I don't want to celebrate such a milestone by giving money that could be used to support the IDF. My mom told me not to argue over this with my dad -- or even mention the boycott to him -- since he's really happy that we're going. I'm not sure what to do. I want to be happy that we're going, but I also can't shake the mental image of all the atrocities that are happening in Palestine. JazakAllahu Khair to anyone who replies.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
04-01-2024, 04:13 PM
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

May Allah grant you success in your studies and in all of your endeavours, Ameen.

You could think of an alternative and then perhaps make a suggestion to your dad that you prefer going there instead. You don’t have to mention the boycott and it won’t be by way of argumentation, rather just to see what he says.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.