/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

sargon
02-02-2006, 03:20 AM
This may seem offensive but in my recent studies I've come to a few questions that have really put a dent in my iman:

- How could a verse have been replaced in the Quran? Abbrogation makes no sense God wouldn't do that... it's perfect, God can surely find a better way of revealing information.
- Why does it say that the sun sets in a well or muddy pool (in the Quran)?
- Why are there two different forms of adultery mention in the quran? Isn't this a contradiction? And furthermore in numerous hadith people are stoned for it, yet this isn't what the Quran says to do...
- Same with stealing, in the Quran it says to take what they have taken as a penalty for thievery, but the prophet(pbuh) and his companions cut off the hands of thieves.

Either the internet is full of tampered authentic hadiths that say they are bukhari or muslim but really aren't, or the hadiths contradict the quran.

I read the hadiths from other sources besides the MSC server because I heard that it was sketchy, but the hadiths on islamicity.com still have the same incidents that I've mention above.

What's going on?!?!?!?!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
akulion
02-02-2006, 04:00 AM
- How could a verse have been replaced in the Quran? Abbrogation makes no sense God wouldn't do that... it's perfect, God can surely find a better way of revealing information.
Abbrogation of verses refers to the fact that in the previous scriptures (Torah, Injeel, Zabur) there were some different commandments for those nations before. When the Quran came it replaced those commandments with new ones.
Examples:
- Solomon had 100 wives. Quran restricts the number to only 4
- The day of rest for the Childen of Isreal was set to Saturday, for the Christians to Sunday and for the Muslims it is Friday

----

Another School of thought also says that the abbrogation of verses simply refers to the fact that a certain verse may take prescedence over the other in terms of passing judgement or a ruling.

- Why does it say that the sun sets in a well or muddy pool (in the Quran)?
85 And he followed a road
86 Till, when he reached the setting place of the sun, he found it setting in a muddy spring, and found a people thereabout: We said: O Dhul-Qarneyn! Either punish or show them kindness.

The verse and its explanations are clear as daylight for anyone who wants to understand. ---> Zulkernain was walking along a road until he reached a place where the sun was setting. He saw it setting in a muddy body of water (either its reflection or this body of water encompassed the horizon so he saw the sun set upon it - just like you would see the sun set on the sea).

Hope that clarifies it for you :)

- Why are there two different forms of adultery mention in the quran? Isn't this a contradiction? And furthermore in numerous hadith people are stoned for it, yet this isn't what the Quran says to do...
24: 2 The woman and the man guilty of ZINA flog each of them with a hundred stripes: let not compassion move you in their case in a matter prescribed by Allah if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day: and let a party of the Believers witness their punishment.

According to the sunnah of the Prophet Mohammed(sa) the Zina mentioned in the above verse pertains to UNMARRIED couples in which case it is calssified as fornication.
When a married person commits ZINA it is called Adultery and according to Sunnah the punishment for that is Stoning.
So there is no contradiction, rather it is a clarification and a detailed explanation of the 2 different types.

- Same with stealing, in the Quran it says to take what they have taken as a penalty for thievery, but the prophet(pbuh) and his companions cut off the hands of thieves.
Chapter 5
Verse 38
As to the thief male or female cut off his or her hands: a punishment by way of example from Allah for their crime: and Allah is Exalted in Power.

Either the internet is full of tampered authentic hadiths that say they are bukhari or muslim but really aren't, or the hadiths contradict the quran.

I read the hadiths from other sources besides the MSC server because I heard that it was sketchy, but the hadiths on islamicity.com still have the same incidents that I've mention above.

What's going on?!?!?!?!
The hadith are not tampered with - atleast the ones you will find in books published by renouned publishers such as "Dar-us-Salam" and others.

Hadith require understanding and research. When you read hadith please dont jump to quick conclusions. Always take all the references and check up all the occurances by different narrators of the same hadith. Only that way will you be able to understand things properly because all the Ahadith together give a more complete picture.

Furthermore we also rely on Scholars for explanations because they are able to explain Ahadith in relation to historic events as well as in relation to a time frame of when certain verses were revealed and so on and so forth.

Insha'Allah I hope it clarified things for you ?

Tilmeez
02-02-2006, 05:19 AM
:sl:
:brother:akulin has answered it in detail .... Jazzakallah
Please note that every Prophet came with a miracle RELATED to his time i.e. Mossa (AS) came with a stick that would become a huge snake that magicians of that time could not do. Esa (as) would bring deads to life with divine decree that the doctors of that time could not do. Quran is also a miracle of its time that no arab (The use to call other AJAM-dumb)could make such word. So the style of speach is scholarly. and to understand it one shuld spend time. (Beleive u me it is an ocean... just ponder ANY verse of a long time u will see the increasing tenderness).
2nd thing is no hadith will rule over Quran(its simple...).
hope things will be clear in ur mind (Don't have much time otherwise i would say something more soft) anyway ...

:W:

aljawaad
02-02-2006, 06:13 AM
Ive learnd some new thing from ur ques bro; thanks.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.