/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are You Allowed To Go Cinema

ahmed baker
02-06-2006, 11:07 AM
:sl:

I have a question:

i was wondering if we muslims are allowed to go to the cinema and watch a film.

Can some one please answer

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmad ibn Saleh
02-06-2006, 11:10 AM
Assalamu 'Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi

Whether or not it is Halal or Haram, it is uopto the Fuqaha. However, most of the content in movies promote Zina. And, that is clearly Haram. Furthermore, it is a complete waste of time.

mizan_aliashraf
02-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Salam
Just to add to what the brother said, it is also freemixing
Wassalam

- Qatada -
02-06-2006, 12:04 PM
:salamext:

I dont think its a good idea to go to the cinemas because theres alot of freemixing like the brothers have said, and at the same time - a person is constantly staring at people from the opposite gender - without lowering their gaze.

Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala says in the qur'an:

The Noble Qur'an - An-Nur 24:30

Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.). That is purer for them. Verily, Allâh is All-Aware of what they do.

And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like palms of hands or one eye or both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron, etc.), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms, etc.) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islâm), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allâh to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful.
So if a person keeps staring at people from the opposite gender on purpose, it is a sin. And anything that leads upto a sin (even though it may be permissible) is also a sin, therefore its better you stay away from it insha Allaah.

Allaah Almighty knows best.

:wasalamex

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.