/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Image Of Aggression.

wesleyjfreeman
02-08-2006, 01:18 PM
As a non Muslim with a burgeoning interest in the Qur'an and its word i am literally spilling over with questions, some of which i have been lucky enough to have answered by the kind folks on this site. However i am now here to pose a question that relates more to the populist perception of Islam rather than my own musings.

Why, despite the message of forgiveness and understanding inherent in Islam do we so often witness furious, aggressive and often violent outbursts from so-called enlightened Muslims?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
02-08-2006, 01:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wesleyjfreeman
As a non Muslim with a burgeoning interest in the Qur'an and its word i am literally spilling over with questions, some of which i have been lucky enough to have answered by the kind folks on this site. However i am now here to pose a question that relates more to the populist perception of Islam rather than my own musings.

Why, despite the message of forgiveness and understanding inherent in Islam do we so often witness furious, aggressive and often violent outbursts from so-called enlightened Muslims?
Salaam

I'd suggust you vist your local mosque and talk to people their they'll answer any questions you have and plus you'll see how muslims live. Just ten mintues ago a brother converted to islam in my local mosque, ALLAHU AKABR

MetSudaisTwice
02-08-2006, 01:55 PM
salam
alhamdulillah, may allah continue to increase the number of muslims worlwide inshallah
wasalam

Ghazi
02-08-2006, 01:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
alhamdulillah, may allah continue to increase the number of muslims worlwide inshallah
wasalam
Salaam

AMEEN

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
02-08-2006, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wesleyjfreeman

Hey wesleyjfreeman..

I think its due to the fact that most muslims in todays society are more attracted to this life than the reality of the afterlife. The majority dont practice islam whole heartedly which is a big problem.

O ye who believe! Enter into Islam whole-heartedly; and follow not the footsteps of the evil one; for he is to you an avowed enemy. (Qur'an 2:28)

We need to wake up, and realise that if we dont follow islam whole heartedly, then we're not obeying the commands of Allaah Almighty, hence the humiliation of the muslims. If we abandon our faith, and put that as a last resort - then we're shunning faith aside, and because islam is a whole way of life, if we don't practice it, then we're actually following the footsteps of satan.

Allaah Almighty has perfected this religion for us (mankind.) So it is our duty to practice it.

"This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favour unto you, and have chosen for you as your religion Islam." (Quran, [5:3])

If we all did follow islam with the correct rulings, then this humiliation wouldn't be upon us, and we would have the strength to defend the muslims in the correct way.

This is a wake up call for the muslims, to show that we need to get back to our religion; our way of life, from the two sources; the holy Qur'an (the word of Allaah Almighty), and the Sunnah (ways and life of our beloved Prophet Muhammad peace and blessings be upon him and his beloved family.) If we don't return back to this, we will keep getting humiliated till we do. This is because the only faith that will be accepted from Allaah Almighty is the religion if islam, which Allaah Almighty has prescribed upon mankind since the first human - Adam (peace be upon him.)

If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah), never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter He will be in the ranks of those who have lost (All spiritual good). (Qur'an 3:85)

So our only solution is to return to islam, if we don't (and leave the qur'an and sunnah behind our backs) - it is only through our own faults that we are being humiliated.

Whatever of good befalleth thee (O man) it is from Allah, and whatever of ill befalleth thee it is from thyself. We have sent thee (Muhammad) as a messenger unto mankind and Allah is sufficient as Witness. (4:79)

wa Allaahu a'lam. (and Allaah Almighty knows best.) :)

Peace.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.