/* */

PDA

View Full Version : y do u guys like to go aroung the kaaba

iwanttoknow
02-09-2006, 07:13 AM
as i know ,u muslims says that praying or going around the material objek is haram...but y do u all pray a stone in a room(kaaba)..this is very funny ..

p/lz explain it to me

one more thing is that u guys pray in kiblat....well as i know it is a kind of objet praying ...

is there any one here will being explaining this to me...
or u guys just gone ban me

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
02-09-2006, 07:24 AM
you wont be banned for asking a question. you will be banned if you do any thing offensive. i this case there is nothing offensive, you simply wish to understand something. :) but whats kiblat?

your answer, by dr zakir naik:

Question:
When Islam is against idol worship why do the Muslims worship, and bow down
to the Kaaba in their prayer?
Answer:
Kaaba is the Qibla i.e. the direction Muslims face during their prayers. It is
important to note that though Muslims face the Kaaba during prayers, they do
not worship the Kaaba. Muslims worship and bow to none but Allah.
It is mentioned in Surah Baqarah:
“We see the turning of thy face (for guidance) to the heavens: now shall
We turn thee to a Qiblah that shall please thee. Turn then thy face in the
direction of the Sacred Mosque: wherever ye are, turn your faces in that
direction.” [Al-Qur’an 2:144]
1. Islam believes in fostering unity
For instance, if Muslims want to offer Salaah (Prayer), it is possible that some
may wish to face north, while some may wish to face south. In order to unite
Muslims in their worship of the One True God, Muslims, wherever they may be,
are asked to face in only one direction i.e. towards the Kaaba. If some Muslims
live towards the west of the Kaaba they face the east. Similarly if they live
towards the east of the Kaaba they face the west.
2. Kaaba is at the Centre of the World Map
The Muslims were the first people to draw the map of the world. They drew the
map with the south facing upwards and north downwards. The Kaaba was at
the centre. Later, western cartographers drew the map upside down with the
north facing upwards and south downwards. Yet, Alhamdullilah the Kaaba is at
the centre of the world map.
3. Tawaf around Kaaba for indicating one God
When the Muslims go to Masjid-e-Haram in Makkah, they perform tawaf or
circumambulation round the Kaaba. This act symbolizes the belief and worship
of One God, since, just as every circle has one centre, so also there is only one
Allah (swt) worthy of worship.
4. Hadith of Umar (may Allah be pleased with him)
Regarding the black stone, hajr-e-aswad, there is a hadith (tradition), attributed
to the illustrious companion of the Prophet Muhammed (pbuh), Umar (may Allah
be pleased with him).
According to Sahih Bukhari, Volume 2, book of Hajj, chapter 56, H.No. 675.
Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) said, “I know that you are a stone and
can neither benefit nor harm. Had I not seen the Prophet (pbuh) touching (and
kissing) you, I would never have touched (and kissed) you”.
5. People stood on Kaaba and gave the adhaan
At the time of the Prophet, people even stood on the Kaaba and gave the
‘adhaan’ or the call to prayer. One may ask those who allege that Muslims
worship the Kaaba; which idol worshipper stands on the idol he worships?

iwanttoknow
02-09-2006, 07:47 AM
come on dude
i have seen video clips that show u guys pray the kaaba....is u guys believes that there aonly one god ,well as u say that u guys face the Kaaba during prayers .....are u trying to make joke....facing and praying ..hmmmmmmmm i think it is the same thing dude. u are facing a stone and it is idol . if u are trying to make ajoke ..u are doing a bad thing.

no hard feeling my brothers.......i just want to clear what i was think ...
i am so soory ......but u did not give me a right anwser.

Malaikah
02-09-2006, 08:24 AM
hmm im a girl... and no that wasnt a joke!

Well how about this for an answer- by having Muslims face on direct it enhances the unity of the muslim community. well this point was already raised in the above article i posted, and you still dont understand.

I think the kabbah is refered to as the House of Allah swt (God). It was built by prophet Abraham on God's order and God himself ordered us to pray facing it. When we pray, we have no intention of praying to the kabbah, we pray to Allah swt and, by his order, we face the kabbah. He is the Wisest, im sure He has a great reason as to why He wants us all to face the same direction when we pray.

well sorry if my answer still doesnt make sense to you, maybe some one else with more knowlegde than myself and a greater ability to speak clearly will reply.

Peace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
iwanttoknow
02-09-2006, 08:40 AM
ty for ur great reply
well i am a indian origin...born and staying in malaysia ,whice is a muslim country.

for ur information i believe there is only one god but i am not a muslim
.even my own reli. believe there is only one god.

i am not that bad ....i love all people ....but i hate just the one who kill other people .....

take care sister..............

may allah bless u

Malaikah
02-09-2006, 08:45 AM
You are welcome.

Killing people isnt what islam is about... it is only justified when it occurs as a result of someone commiting a crime in islam and the punishment for that crime is death, or during war (well, what is a war with our death, but yes even then it is regretable). here is a verse from the Holy Quran:

On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our messengers with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land.
(5:32)

iwanttoknow
02-09-2006, 11:42 AM
So Guys What Is The Point In Killing Ppl For The Of God...
Did God Said That We Can Kill Other Pll In The Name Of Him.
Other Thing Is Did God Ask To Kill Reports Too

I Am Just Confuse ....

I Am Not Trying To Hurt Anybodys Feeling Here...
I Just Want To Know Y

We All Going To Die One Day...so Y Can't We All Be Nice To Each Other

MetSudaisTwice
02-09-2006, 11:48 AM
salam
we have the right to protect our religion and Prophet SAW, if someone seriously offended someone close to you, would you just sit there and do nothing?
wasalam

Malaikah
02-09-2006, 11:48 AM
we dont just go around killing people for the sake of stuff you know, thats not allowed, only in war, which is always a last resort, or when the crime commited merits the penalty of death as determined by god.

reports? do youmean reporters? well they are NOT meant to be killed.
if the situation arrises that results with war occuring you are only allowed to battle against the army of the opposite, you cant harm women, children, old ppl and certian others.

hope that helps..

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-09-2006, 11:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by iwanttoknow
come on dude
i have seen video clips that show u guys pray the kaaba....is u guys believes that there aonly one god ,well as u say that u guys face the Kaaba during prayers .....are u trying to make joke....facing and praying ..hmmmmmmmm i think it is the same thing dude. u are facing a stone and it is idol . if u are trying to make ajoke ..u are doing a bad thing.

no hard feeling my brothers.......i just want to clear what i was think ...
i am so soory ......but u did not give me a right anwser.
so what you're saying is if we all faced the west to pray, we are worshipping the west? That doesn't make sense.

sumay28
02-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Okay are you asking a question to learn or are you asking in attempt to belittle this religion? That's the kind of stuff that will get you banned, dear. Dude, Ms. Cheese already posted a very coherant response to your question, and it seems as though you don't understand.

iwanttoknow
02-09-2006, 12:13 PM
reporters YES. I MEEN THAT.Y DO PLL KILL THEM I MEAN CHOP THEY HEAD OFF.
AND I AM NOT BELITTELING THIS religion. OK DUDE.

AND I HAVE CRYED FOR PLL IN IRAQ AND PALASTIN OK...DO NOT UNDER MIND ME P/LZ SIR

I HATE US GOV. BUT NOT POEPLE,COS THEY ARE MANY PLL THERE WHO CRYED FOR IRAQ
OK

IF U GUYS CAN'T ANSWER ME...SO BE IT U GUYS ARE MORE THAT WELCOME TO KICK ME

MetSudaisTwice
02-09-2006, 12:17 PM
salam
we do not approve of those people who kill other humans for no reason, there is no place in islam for such actions, we try to act upon the shariah law and this definetly does not include killing for no reason, there is always a few percentage that are too extreme
may allah guide our ummah
wasalam

iwanttoknow
02-09-2006, 12:19 PM
I AM HAPPY WITH UR ANWSER MY FRIEND...
metsudaistwice THANK YOU.

MetSudaisTwice
02-09-2006, 12:20 PM
salam
jazakallah you are welcome, we are glad to have helped yyou
wasalam

Khaldun
02-09-2006, 12:30 PM
:sl:

staying on the topic that you posted, please feel free to read http://www.load-islam.com/C/rebuttals/Worship

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-09-2006, 02:17 PM

We do not pray TO the Kaaba, but TOWARD it. Theres a huge difference. Imagine if we didnt pray toward it, everyone would be praying in any direction they felt was conveniant. By having one Qiblah, and by the every muslim praying toward the same Qiblah, it displays a sense of unity.

Also see the link brother Khaldun has provided.

:w:

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-09-2006, 04:46 PM
reporters YES. I MEEN THAT.Y DO PLL KILL THEM I MEAN CHOP THEY HEAD OFF.
AND I AM NOT BELITTELING THIS religion. OK DUDE.

AND I HAVE CRYED FOR PLL IN IRAQ AND PALASTIN OK...DO NOT UNDER MIND ME P/LZ SIR

I HATE US GOV. BUT NOT POEPLE,COS THEY ARE MANY PLL THERE WHO CRYED FOR IRAQ
OK

IF U GUYS CAN'T ANSWER ME...SO BE IT U GUYS ARE MORE THAT WELCOME TO KICK ME
i thought you wanted to know about the ka'bah... what does innocent people suffering have anything to do with that?
It seems like you just want an excuse to ridicule Islam, and you're jumping from insult to insult. And the capitals letters were uncalled for.

iwanttoknow
02-10-2006, 01:39 AM
how are u guys to day

are all of arab or other race too

Malaikah
02-10-2006, 01:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fenix-Angel
i thought you wanted to know about the ka'bah... what does innocent people suffering have anything to do with that?
It seems like you just want an excuse to ridicule Islam, and you're jumping from insult to insult. And the capitals letters were uncalled for.

sis i dont think that he is trying to be offensive, just trying to understand, ad to be fair people have attacked him unfairly just for asking a question.. i understand that too many people have been joining this forum just to insult us but please dont jump to conclusion that all new members have that aim"

"and let not hatred of a people incite you not to act justly; act with justice, that is nearer to piety" [Surah Maidah, verse 8]
and, iwanttoknow, please do not feel threatened, people are only banned for the website for posting insults and for not following the furom rules. for example, one person joined and his first post involved him putting hte cartoon of the prophet pbuh as his avatar and starting a poll saying 'how do i look'. of course some one like this will be banned. the have no interest in truely participating in this forum. So, if you wish, please continue to ask questions, if you do not recieve a good answer immediatly please be patient as not every one might now exaclty what kind of answer you are after.

Peace.

Malaikah
02-10-2006, 01:43 AM
how are u guys to day

are all of arab or other race too
Hello. of course we are not all arab, Muslims come from all kinds of different races. I think the majority of people on this forum are from the UK, but we have members in Australia, America, Europe, the sub continent.. etc.

Islam does not make distinction between races, we are all human:

"And mankind is naught but a single nation." (Holy Quran 2:213)

"O Mankind! Most certainly, it is We (God almighty) who have Created you all from a single (pair) of a male and a female, And it is We who have made you into nations and tribes, that ye may recognize each other. Verily, the noblest of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you." (Holy Quran 49:13)

Prophet Mohammed (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam) made clear that racism has no place in Islam:

"O people! Verily your Lord is one and your father is one. All of you belong to one ancestry of Adam and Adam was created out of clay. There is no superiority for an Arab over a non-Arab and for a non-Arab over an Arab; nor for white over the black nor for the black over the white except in piety. Verily the noblest among you is he who is the most pious."

Mainul_Islam
02-10-2006, 01:46 AM
hello, "iwanttoknow"

"Why do you guys like to go around the Kaaba?"

i'd like to share something that i know about Prophets Abraham and Ishmael (pbut).

in Quran Ch.2, V.127, it says "And (remember) when Ibrâhim (Abraham) and (his son) Ismâ'il (Ishmael) were raising the foundations of the House (the Ka'bah at Makkah), (saying), "Our Lord! Accept (this service) from us. Verily! You are the All-Hearer, the All-Knower.""

in a hadith, from Sahih Bukhari, it says "Then both of them went on building and going round the Kaba saying 'O our Lord! Accept this servcice from us, verily, You are the All-Hearer, the All-Knower.'"

iwanttoknow
02-10-2006, 02:12 AM
thank you much guys
i am happy to know more about islam.....
sorry if asked u guys about killing and praying thing,
but i lived about nice people and peaceful country...
so i did not know mush about islam

my real name is ravindran
i have my own firm in malaysia
i am 29

p/lz forgive me.....

take good care guys

abdul Majid
02-10-2006, 02:26 AM
Well I Wanted To Say That, You Have To Understand Something Before You Speak About It, Thats Firstly....

This Place In Mecca The Kabba, Was A Place Of Pagons And Such Worshiping Many Many Gods, Like Statues And Stuff....(really Quick N Brief) Prophet Mohamed(pbh) And Muslims Broke All The Statues And Preached, That There Is Only One God Worthy Of Worship, With No Partners....abraham Built The Kabba By The Way,,, And The Kabba Today Symbolizes The Onnnnneeesss Of God...we Dont Beleive That Is God....you Need To Read A Real Book Or Sumthing Bro, Before You Speak Nonsense....

iwanttoknow
02-10-2006, 02:29 AM
if i know every i would not be asking u guys to help me understand .
ok

abdul Majid
02-10-2006, 02:31 AM
Ok...so Do U Understnd ??

iwanttoknow
02-10-2006, 02:57 AM
are u trying offensive me ?

abdul Majid
02-10-2006, 03:03 AM
Ummm I Think Ur English Is Pretty Bad If You Think That....i Asked You If U Understand....and P.s. Why The Hostility

Malaikah
02-10-2006, 03:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdul Majid
Well I Wanted To Say That, You Have To Understand Something Before You Speak About It, Thats Firstly....

you Need To Read A Real Book Or Sumthing Bro, Before You Speak Nonsense....

please give the guy a break, if he already understood why would he ask the question? instead of reading a book, he asked us- to acheive the same end. MANY ppl have a misconception about muslims praying towards the kabbah, so we should be patient when we explain things to non-muslims so that they may have a better understanding, and avoid jumping to conclusions.

abdul Majid
02-10-2006, 03:47 AM
Ya Sister I Guess I Came Off A Lil Harsh.... Thanks

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-10-2006, 10:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

sis i dont think that he is trying to be offensive, just trying to understand, ad to be fair people have attacked him unfairly just for asking a question.. i understand that too many people have been joining this forum just to insult us but please dont jump to conclusion that all new members have that aim"
I know all members don't have that aim, but he started a thread about why we cirumbulate the Ka'bah, and then ended up ranting about how innocent people shouldn't be killed.... obviously he has some biased opinions about Islam. First we're accused of idolatory, then murder:rollseyes .... what next?
:w::rose::peace:

iwanttoknow
02-10-2006, 11:58 AM
p/lz stop this
i just want to know ok
if guys talk like i will still going to have bad view over islam

kososhahab
02-10-2006, 12:18 PM
as i know ,u muslims says that praying or going around the material objek is haram...but y do u all pray a stone in a room(kaaba)..this is very funny ..
hi bro,

actually f.y.i, inside the kaaba, theres no stone! none! and f.y.i., inside the kaaba theres, a table where permues are placed(perfumes are used to make the room smell nice), some lamps hanging by the ceiling and some collumns supporting the building!!! i hope u r happy with ma answer....

mustafajadeed
02-11-2006, 01:39 AM
Salam Alay Koom:

Think of the Kaaba as a "Target"/ Direction to focus your Prayer(for a Muslim).

There has Always been a direction to focus prayer. Remember Daniel in the Bible? (Daniel 6:10) He faced Jerusalem three times a day in Prayer; that was why he was sent to the Lion's Den- he violated a King's Decree not to Pray.

In fact, Muslims used to face Jerusalem until the Order came to face The Kaaba in Mecca(Q:2:145-150). As far as making Pilgrimage(Hajj) to the House itself and going around it, they were doing that even before Muhammed(saw) was born, if you look in the Biblical Book of Psalms (84:5-6),David(saw) said blessed are those who go to the Valley of Baca (the Old Name for Mecca). Even Christians and Jews used to come to Mecca, until the Arab Tribes started putting Idols in the House. That was one of the main things Muhammed(saw) came to do; establish that only The God should be Worshipped, and destroy the Idols(even under the Law of Moses, there were supposed to be NO Idols in all of Israel.) Muslims are not supposed to "Worship" the Kaaba(The Qur'an, The Prophet Muhammed, The Black Stone, The Stoning Pillars, or any one or anything other than The God Him/Specie Unknown for Real Self.

Every Facet of the "Religion" (because it really is supposed to be one but Humans kept messing up) has it's Rites and Rituals- Muhammed(saw) only Perfected By Order of The God the ritual that was already in effect.

As far as Killing People, not everyone is perfect in religion. The Zionist(not the actual Isreal descended with hair like lamb's wool and feet of brass like Isa Ibn Maryam-The Man Called Jesus) kill the Palestianians, the Christians had the Crusades, every one messes up- and all you can do is tell them and let it go in one ear and out the other sometimes. No we are not supposed to kill Reporters. Only those who are fighting us(Muslims) in direct combat. Reporter can be your best friends if you treat them right- you could be a "Folk Hero" if you leave them alone. Ma Salam(with Peace)

abdul Majid
02-11-2006, 06:26 AM
good answers brothers...obviously its not just a black stone....there use to be idol worshipers there, till razul(pbh) went there and broke them all....and the kabba represents till this day oneness...we dont think thats god

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.