/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Few Ahadith On The Mercy Of Allah

Ahmad ibn Saleh
02-09-2006, 01:07 PM
A FEW AHADITH ON THE MERCY OF ALLAH

We begin in the name of Allah, and we end by praising Him. To Him belong all praise and gratitude. He is the Creator of the Heavens and Earth. He is the First, without a beginning, and He is the Last, without an ending. We invoke the peace and blessings of Allah upon His final Messenger.

If there is any good in this, it is from Allah. And, if there any fault in this, it is from me. I ask Allah, Glorious and Exalted is He, to forgive me and those who abide by his way, and to utilize this for the propagation of His message.

Finally, I would like to further my appreciation to Islamasoft Solutions and Divine Islam; whom I have extracted many Ahadith from in order to complete this work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Hadith Al Qudsi]

When Allah decreed the Creation He pledged Himself by writing in His book which is laid down with Him:

"My mercy prevails over my wrath."

It was related by Muslim (also by Al Bukhari, An Nasa'i and Ibn Majah).

[Hadith Al Qudsi]

Allah has angels who rove about seeking out gatherings in which Allah's name is being invoked: they sit with them and fold their wings round each other, filling that which is between them and the lowest heavens. When (the people in the gathering) depart, (the angels) ascend and rise up to heaven.

He (the Prophet PBUH) said: Then Allah asks them – (though) He is most knowing about them: From where have you come? And they say: We have come from some servants of Yours on Earth: they were glorifying You, exalting you, witnessing that there is no god but You, praising You, and asking (favours) of You.

He says: And what do they ask of Me? They say: They ask of You, Your Paradise. He says: And have they seen My Paradise? They say: No, O Lord. He says: And how would it be were they to have seen My Paradise!

They say: And they ask protection of You. He says: From what do they ask protection of Me? They say: From Your Hell-fire, O Lord. He says: And have they seen My Hell-fire? They say: NO. He says: And how would it be were they to have seen My Hell-fire!

They say: And they ask for Your forgiveness. He (the Prophet PBUH) said: Then He says: I have forgiven them and I have bestowed upon them what they have asked for, and I have granted them sanctuary from that from which they asked protection. He (the Prophet PBUH) said: They (angels) say: O Lord, among them is So-and-so, a much sinning servant, who was merely passing by and sat down with them. He (the Prophet PBUH) said: And He (glorified and exalted be He) says: And to him (too) I have given forgiveness: he who sits with such people shall not suffer.

Note: Another narration of this Hadith includes the reply given by the angels when Allah asks, “And how would it be were they to have seen My… (Paradise, Hellfire)”.

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, at-Tirmidhi, and an-Nasa'i).

[Hadith Al Qudsi]

Allah has written down the good deeds and the bad ones. Then He explained it (by saying that) he who has intended a good deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as from ten good deeds to seven hundred times, or many times over. But if he has intended a bad deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down as one bad deed.

It was related by Al Bukhari and Muslim.

[Hadith Al Qudsi]

Our Lord (glorified and exalted be He) descends each night to the earth's sky when there remains the final third of the night, and He says: Who is saying a prayer to Me that I may answer it? Who is asking something of Me that I may give him it? Who is asking forgiveness of Me that I may forgive him?

It was related by Al Bukhari, Muslim, Malik, At Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud. In a version by Muslim the Hadith ends with the words: "And thus He continues till [the light of] dawn shines."

Narrated by Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri and Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with both of them).

The Prophet (PBUH) said, "No fatigue, nor disease, nor sorrow, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that Allah expiates some of his sins for that."

Related by Al Bukhari, Book 070 – Patients: Hadith Number 545.

“Race each other to forgiveness from your Lord…”
(Surah Al ‘Imran : 03 : 133)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.