/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What are the places A muslim women should work ?

absurd_mind
02-09-2006, 11:55 PM
:sl:
Dear Brothers and Sisters ....:sister: i am new to this form and this is my 1st post ...
i wanted to know tht since it is not allowed to work aur study in the mixed environment for both men and women ,.,..
therefore what are the best suited places for a women to work without getting mixed up with men , i Want to work but could not find suitable options in my knowldge , I knw about teaching but presently im studing therefore need sum other option if any one have any idea so post it , it will really be help full ..
Zazak Allah :thankyou:
thankyou all for giving ur valuable time and reading ....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tasneem
02-09-2006, 11:59 PM
Welcome to the forum

Woman should work seperatley from men

This way it is less confusion

Now if a woman wants to work OR has to

Then she must cover her face and hands

And make sure she is not alone with men.

I would highly reccomend that a woman who does not

Live in a muslim country not to work at all...

But thats just how i feel
SaLaMz

Eric H
02-10-2006, 04:30 PM
Greetings and peace absurd_mind;

I hope it is ok for a woman to be a dentist as my dentist is a very kind Muslim lady, she does a very good job, and I talk to her about Islam, I am a Catholic.

Kind regards

Eric

absurd_mind
02-11-2006, 10:04 PM
Thnx Eric ... but im not into medical at all .... i just wanted a general idea of what are the fields where women can be adjusted without much risk ,

taking women into account ,coz women is women weather she is muslim or from sum other mazhab problems faced by them would be the same !!! rite
so any fields which are approprate for them ??

Salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rabbiyah
02-11-2006, 10:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tasneem
Welcome to the forum

Woman should work seperatley from men

This way it is less confusion

Now if a woman wants to work OR has to

Then she must cover her face and hands

And make sure she is not alone with men.

I would highly reccomend that a woman who does not

Live in a muslim country not to work at all...

But thats just how i feel
SaLaMz
first I want to say :sl:
this is a good question I must work but where i work at I can not put on nikab cause of the type of work i do which is give care to people also i've been there for nearly 6 years if i just start wearing it during work i might risk losing my job for i get health and dental benefits and need to invest in my retirement.
so to say all that is that being too independent?
:sl: :w: love and peace

Kittygyal
02-11-2006, 10:23 PM
my opinion is that gyals shud work were ever they want...
i don't undastand y they can't!!!

Muezzin
02-11-2006, 10:53 PM
My opinion is that gyals shud work at HOME!!!11One

i dnt understand y they wnt 2 wrk!!!!111

;) :p

Issa
02-12-2006, 12:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
My opinion is that gyals shud work at HOME!!!11One

i dnt understand y they wnt 2 wrk!!!!111

;) :p
Salaamz to all!

Some women WANT to work others HAVE TO. In a perfect situation we wouldn't have to or we would be able to work in an ALL woman environment, of course that isn't how life works for all Muslimahs.

As for the reason why some might want to work I think it is the same as why some men might choose a certain profession. It may spark their interest or maybe they feel they have something to contribute to the world along with the children they bear.

Issa
02-12-2006, 12:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
my opinion is that gyals shud work were ever they want...
i don't undastand y they can't!!!
Salaam Sister,

I agree. If they conduct themselves as a good Muslimah should then there shouldn't be a problem, right?

abdul Majid
02-12-2006, 01:50 AM
salam alakum

i think they should stay home and cook and do the dishes.....lol no im just kidding

absurd_mind
02-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Bro's and Sis's its not abt women want to work so she shud work .... Allah has made Women basically to take care of the house her family and the relatives ... and remeber Allah ... but she is permitted to work "When Needed" the question here is when it is needed to work for the good of household and family then which places cud be secure for her .

As Rabbiyah said he is working for 6 years Masha Allah ,, there is nothing wronge she is working becuz she need it and her intentions are rite ...

Al-Quran, Chapter 33 Al-Ahzab, Verse 32-34
O Consorts of the Prophet! Ye are not like any of the (other) women. If ye do fear (Allah) be not too complaisant of speech, lest one in whose heart is a disease should be moved with desire, but speak ye a speech (that is) just.

And stay quietly in your houses, and make not a dazzling display, like those of the former times of ignorance, and establish regular prayer, and give zakat (welfare due) and obey Allah and His Messenger. And Allah only wishes to remove all abomination from you, ye members of the family, and to make you pure and spotless.

And recite what is rehearsed to you in your houses of the Signs of Allah and His Wisdom, for Allah is All-Subtle, All-Aware.

But ..... No matter how sure a person can be of himself – he cannot trust the Shaytaan.

Brothers its not neccessary that women only work when she wishes ,,, Many of them work for living .. isnt it ?

Salaam

Issa
02-13-2006, 04:31 AM
Salaam,
Absurd Mind, I think that it would depend on where you live. Is it even possible to find a place to work that doesn't have men around in some way? Allah knows best, but I will have to work with men in some way or another when I get out of college because I live in the U.S. Even the nurses (mostly women) have to tend to male patients here. Maybe you can find a brother or sister with a privately owned business... or a shop that only requires one person each shift so you aren't around anyone, but then that will not stop male customers...

absurd_mind
02-13-2006, 10:19 AM
Thts rite Issa , if we r working out then we'll interact somehow or the other , newaays
Allah Knws Best

Jazzak Allah
Salaam

Hemoo
02-13-2006, 11:32 AM

actually i recommend that you sister go to this site and try to seek what you want its www.islamqa.com and you can even ask for a fatwa and the site is administrated by shiekh Mohammed Saleh Al-Munajid.

and i would like to tell you some thing i am from egypt and i was working as a computer teacher for a while and the students were all females (in the ages of 16) so i asked a shiekh here in egypt and i also posted in the previous site and the result was to leave this work and to try to teach males only or find another job and that is all to get away from the fetna and to get away from the way of the devil.

and i hope this post is usefull for you.

:w:

absurd_mind
02-13-2006, 12:48 PM
Salaam Brother ,
thnx for the site , im a regular visitor of this site and yes Insha ALlah i'll post question there , Submit of question is allowed only once a month i think 14th feb is the date when we can post question thr so just waiting for 14th ...

i've read the answers related to this topic in islam-qa.com , and from tht i came to conclusion that minimum interaction shud be thr only when needed , so juat wanted some number of fields tht cud allowe women to have lesses interactions with men as possible .. i'll be greatful i wuld be told about some fields i can select
if bro's and sis's can tell me from thr experiences ... but thnx for the help brother
Jazzak Allah
Salaam

Hemoo
02-17-2006, 05:28 PM
well i think you can work at home in the fields of graphics designing using programs such as Photoshop and flash and 3d studio max or in the web designing field and you can try to find a company to take your work and pay you through the internet.
and thats what came in my mind i hope this suits you.

wa assalam alykom.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.