/* */

PDA

View Full Version : French Section

aljawaad
02-10-2006, 06:34 AM
:sl: I'm jus wondering if we can have a french section. Thus we can post french articles and many among us can also learn french.
So what do you say?:brother:
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Silver Pearl
02-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Wa Alaykum salam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

For me i think i would truly benefit from a French section, really need to improve on my french and it would be great to get people who are fluent sort of helping out so i'm up for it.

However, we have to make sure that it is only beneficial stuff and not idle chit chat nonsense.

So for me it is Oui oui Sans Abris (that rhymes! i'm not directing that comment at anyone by the way)

ishkabab
02-10-2006, 09:12 PM
its like sayin I want a Bangali section..;)

afriend2
02-14-2006, 01:47 PM
salaam,

hmmm, i would like to have a french and a bengali section! lol

wassalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Imam786
02-14-2006, 03:33 PM
lets all have a multi section...and then there will be NO MORE POLLS....lol

Takumi
02-14-2006, 03:49 PM
I think French section is going to be so cool! French is widely spoken and it has been the language of the UN for a long time.

Arabic section is not that significant either since not many members speak Arabic and only a handful of threads actually relate Arabic to Quran.

Kittygyal
02-14-2006, 05:57 PM
nah a french section is not gud cuz we dnt undastand da lingo so jus keep it wiv english 4 nw plz cuz a aint undastand any uder lingo apart 4m english cuz av converted so that's so not fair if i dn't undastnd!!!!!!!!!!! :(

czgibson
02-14-2006, 06:01 PM
Salut!

Mais oui - une section Francais, c'est un tres bon idee!

Pais

Kittygyal
02-14-2006, 06:02 PM
wot waz dat lingo>>>>>>
wot did u cy can u cy it in english plz :(

czgibson
02-14-2006, 06:47 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
wot waz dat lingo>>>>>>
wot did u cy can u cy it in english plz :(
Here's a rough translation of what I said:

Greetings!

But of course - a French section is a very good idea!

Peace
Of course, since my French is very rusty it's more than likely that I made some mistakes...

Peace

PS Don't worry about not being able to understand - there are already sections on the forum for other languages. If you don't understand them you could either drop in to try and learn or just steer clear like I do (cause I'm lazy).

Muezzin
02-14-2006, 10:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ishkabab
its like sayin I want a Bangali section..;)
My Bangali friends tell me that language has many dialects. I bet one of them sounds like French. :p

Takumi
02-15-2006, 02:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Salut!

Mais oui - une section Francais, c'est un tres bon idee!

Pais
wow..we have something in common! we speak French, salut!

aljawaad
02-15-2006, 04:13 AM
Alors qu'en pensez vous les amis?
Moi je pense que cette section pourra nous aider a ameliorer notre francais et pourra par la meme occasion les aider a apprendre cette langue.

** Sorry im not too good at the verbs. Hehe

aljawaad
02-15-2006, 04:16 AM
Ok then you can learn bengali in the french sec itself. :p
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
My Bangali friends tell me that language has many dialects. I bet one of them sounds like French. :p

Takumi
02-15-2006, 01:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aljawaad
Alors qu'en pensez vous les amis?
Moi je pense que cette section pourra nous aider a ameliorer notre francais et pourra par la meme occasion les aider a apprendre cette langue.

** Sorry im not too good at the verbs. Hehe

Je crois, c'est une bonne idee, mon frere! J'ai apris cette langue quand j'ai ete 18 ans. J'ai oblie beaucoup des mots et les vocabulaires!! Et maintenant, je parle avec mes amis qui viennent de Senegal ou Maroc. Quel que fois, je ne comprend pas ce qu'ills dites! parce qu'ils parlent rapidement.

D'accord, peut etre vous pouve n'apprendre? Je pense, les moderateurs trouvent cette section agreable!

Halima
02-15-2006, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Takumi
Je crois, c'est une bonne idee, mon frere! J'ai apris cette langue quand j'ai ete 18 ans. J'ai oblie beaucoup des mots et les vocabulaires!! Et maintenant, je parle avec mes amis qui viennent de Senegal ou Maroc. Quel que fois, je ne comprend pas ce qu'ills dites! parce qu'ils parlent rapidement.

D'accord, peut etre vous pouve n'apprendre? Je pense, les moderateurs trouvent cette section agreable!

Translation is requested.

BarakAllahu Feekum.

Takumi
02-15-2006, 02:12 PM

I think it's a good idea my brother! I learnt this language when I was 18. I forgot many words and the vocabulary!! And now, I speak with my friends from Senegal or Morocco. Sometimes, I don't understand what they're saying! because they speak too fast.

Alright, can you teach us? I hope, the moderators will find this section aggreeable.

:)

Halima
02-15-2006, 03:39 PM
I many words

I many words? I think you forgot a word..lol

Also, can you please translate in arabic, spanish, somalian, and italian please.

aljawaad
02-16-2006, 03:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima

Also, can you please translate in arabic, spanish, somalian, and italian please.
Don't you want me to translate it in Chinese? :p

Ok lets not joke. I know that you can help us in getting that sec Sis. After all you are a mod ,alors aide nous a avoir cette section s'il te plait. (then plz help us get that sec.)

May Allah reward you for your effort to help us. Hehe.;D

Takumi
02-16-2006, 03:45 AM
Oh my god, I was just about to quickly refresh my other languages..

How about Sanskrit? Now, that's hard!!

Hieroglyphics maybe? I did take some Egyptology....(the sun means Ra) :p

aljawaad
02-16-2006, 03:48 AM
T'as un PC dans la tete ou quoi?:p Comment fais tu pour apprendre tou sa?

Takumi
02-16-2006, 04:03 AM
T'as un PC dans la tete ou quoi?:p Comment fais tu pour apprendre tou sa?

Monsieur, je n'ai pas dix huit ans. :-) J'ai vingt ans plus..

I don't think we should be writing in french yet. as multilingual as I am, I don't want to be translating stuff....

or we might get warned... or banned....

Neki ka zamana nehi rahaa.. :p

aljawaad
02-16-2006, 04:24 AM
How do you know that i'm 18? You checked my profile or what?
Any lets continue talking in English until we get our French section.

abdul Majid
02-16-2006, 04:27 AM
If You Wanna Learn A New Language Learn Arabic So You Can Read And Recite The Quran.......

Takumi
02-16-2006, 04:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdul Majid
If You Wanna Learn A New Language Learn Arabic So You Can Read And Recite The Quran.......
I dig this!

aljawaad
02-16-2006, 04:32 AM
Yeha insha Allah we'll get that sec. I would be reeeally beneficial.

aljawaad
02-16-2006, 05:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdul Majid
Yeah you are right bro but i already know how to read Arabic.:brother:

abdul Majid
02-16-2006, 05:53 AM
Alhamdulillah

Duhaa
02-16-2006, 11:27 AM
Looks to me like we've started our own French section here.
Luckily I studied French at A Level and I could understand what you were saying Brothers Aljawad and Takumi.
I already knew that Bro Takumi likes French (as well as himself :) ). Every time I look at the words under his name I have to laugh :giggling: .
I agree that a French Section would be a good idea but what is the point?
OK OK you're telling me it helps you to learn your otherwise rusty french but cant you do that in the Education Section.
For the people who talk French, 99% probably speak English aswell so you get what I'm saying? Oh well everybody's entitled to their own opinion.
If you ask me its more work for the overworked mods, non?
No hard feelings. :thankyou:

aljawaad
02-16-2006, 11:41 AM
You see with a french sec, we can also post islamic articles in French; so no need of translating them.

Duhaa
02-16-2006, 11:46 AM
Yeah but I'm sure if you look there should be translation around somewhere on the internet of that same article but in English. Trust me I'm pretty sure of it.
We all know that there's eveything on the internet or if you'd rather,
Il y a tout de choses sur l'Internet.

aljawaad
02-16-2006, 11:50 AM
Je sais but it will be a lost of time searching for the same article twice in a diff language

Duhaa
02-16-2006, 11:53 AM
But admit it, it can be done.
Why a French article when we've got loads of English ones to suffice?!

aljawaad
02-16-2006, 11:55 AM
I agree but you too must agree that there are people who understands French better. So lets have some consideration for others

Duhaa
02-16-2006, 12:16 PM
Sure no disrespect to anyone.
Don't get me wrong, I love the language, I'd even go as far as saying that its better than English.
And if everyone wants one who am I to say no? :)

Halima
02-16-2006, 01:00 PM

Don't you want me to translate it in Chinese? :p

Ok lets not joke. I know that you can help us in getting that sec Sis. After all you are a mod ,alors aide nous a avoir cette section s'il te plait. (then plz help us get that sec.)

May Allah reward you for your effort to help us. Hehe.;D
It is not as easy as you might think. It is easier being said than being done, and that is th reality of this forum. However, there are some circumstances as to having a french section. If we have a french section, it wouldnt be fair to all the other people that are somalians, or chinese, or italian. I can assure you everyone here is atleast from some different ethnic group then someone else there for such cases like these really have to be considered and really have to apply some deep thinking to.

Takumi
02-16-2006, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Duhaa
Looks to me like we've started our own French section here.
Luckily I studied French at A Level and I could understand what you were saying Brothers Aljawad and Takumi.
I already knew that Bro Takumi likes French (as well as himself :) ). Every time I look at the words under his name I have to laugh :giggling: .
I agree that a French Section would be a good idea but what is the point?
OK OK you're telling me it helps you to learn your otherwise rusty french but cant you do that in the Education Section.
For the people who talk French, 99% probably speak English aswell so you get what I'm saying? Oh well everybody's entitled to their own opinion.
If you ask me its more work for the overworked mods, non?
No hard feelings. :thankyou:
French is not my native tounge. Just like the Urdu section, they have it so that people can learn Urdu.

Why can't we have the French section to polish up our French and English?

There are many phrases in French that are commonly used in English.

savoire faire, tete-a-tete, vis-a-vis, au fait, fin, abbattoir, avant garde, passe, coup d'etat, the list could go on.

I don't have time to review it. Since I'm in the forum anyway, I can just visit the French section from people who are actually speaking French (Canadians, French etc) daily.

Est-ce que vous comprenez, mes amis? :p

aljawaad
02-17-2006, 04:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
It is not as easy as you might think. It is easier being said than being done, and that is th reality of this forum. However, there are some circumstances as to having a french section. If we have a french section, it wouldnt be fair to all the other people that are somalians, or chinese, or italian. I can assure you everyone here is atleast from some different ethnic group then someone else there for such cases like these really have to be considered and really have to apply some deep thinking to.
Sis you said that it wouldn't be fair. I agree. But you see French is widely spoken around the world compared to Italian and Chinese, so we can use that language InshaAllah to make Daawah to those who understand french better than other languages. Articles in French can be posted without the translation (which sometimes take a lot of time to translate). Moreover, some of us can use that section to learn french, and this can help them in school. Besides, knowing french can enable them to read any french islamic book. There's plenty other advantages of a french section but i cant mention it all.
Hope that you are going to help Sis.
Remember, everyone who starts something which is good will be rewarded until it goes on (correct me if im wrong).
:brother: :w:

Halima
02-17-2006, 01:06 PM

Sis you said that it wouldn't be fair. I agree. But you see French is widely spoken around the world compared to Italian and Chinese, so we can use that language InshaAllah to make Daawah to those who understand french better than other languages. Articles in French can be posted without the translation (which sometimes take a lot of time to translate). Moreover, some of us can use that section to learn french, and this can help them in school. Besides, knowing french can enable them to read any french islamic book. There's plenty other advantages of a french section but i cant mention it all.
Hope that you are going to help Sis.
Remember, everyone who starts something which is good will be rewarded until it goes on (correct me if im wrong).
:brother: :w:

You are right, if we spread dawah we will all be rewarded, although this doesn't necessarily we have to do it through the internet. It can be at your home, at the moqsue in the park. One doesnt have to spread dawah necessarily through the internet.

• Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “Whoever among you sees something wrong should change it with his hands. If he is unable, then with his tongue. If he is unable, then in his heart, and that is the weakest of faith.”

This bit shows that one doesn't necessarily have to do dawah necessarily through their fingers. It can be done my mouth (verbally). The internet is not the only place where we see wrong or faults by other people. We see it anywhere and everywhere. So I'm sorry to say, the da'wah excuse is not exactly an enforced suggestion that will make us deeply think about. It is good, but not enforceable.

As for the articles and advantages of french, there are other of advantages that chinese can give just like french. I am defiently not being biased so don't think that, but what makes French so different from other languages? What is so spectacular about french that is not so spectacular about the other languages? (Apart from giving dawah that is..lol) Anyone else is most certainly welcome to help this frenchman try to influence me that a French section is well-worth it.

Takumi
02-17-2006, 01:16 PM
283 posts and 43 reps? Don't even think about it, aljawaad. [je plaisant, mon ami!]

:p

aljawaad
02-20-2006, 04:33 AM
Thanks Zak
lol

aljawaad
02-20-2006, 04:37 AM
[S]Come on lets convince the mods for our frenc section[/S]

Laaibah
02-20-2006, 10:40 AM
A French Section??.......that'll be interesting :D

Umm Safiya
02-20-2006, 11:31 AM
:sl:

I think it's stupid to keep adding new sections.. English and arabic are the only two sections we need.. Then, we might as well just add a section for every language, since there's lot of different languages spoken by the members here..
I really think it's useless.. Maybe for some it can be beneficial, but if you wanna learn french or wanna pratice because you're a little rusty, then learn it in a class, with evening lectures maybe.. It'll just use to much space here I think..

:rollseyes

aljawaad
02-20-2006, 12:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ms. Amira

I think it's stupid to keep adding new sections.. English and arabic are the only two sections we need.. Then, we might as well just add a section for every language, since there's lot of different languages spoken by the members here..
I really think it's useless.. Maybe for some it can be beneficial, but if you wanna learn french or wanna pratice because you're a little rusty, then learn it in a class, with evening lectures maybe.. It'll just use to much space here I think..

:rollseyes
Thanks for your thoughts.

Halima
02-20-2006, 03:18 PM
[S]Come on lets convince the mods for our frenc section[/S]

Brother Alajawaad, are you sure you're not gonna use that 'spreading daw'ah' excuse with your limited 287 posts and your 87 rep points? ;D

aljawaad
02-21-2006, 10:53 AM
:hiding: Nah that was not my intention and its still not my intention.:offended:

afriend
02-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Well, as soon as they have a multi language section, you can have the language they speak on Planet Mars......There's no point in asking for different sections until the Administrators have made a decision......

Until then, no more suggestions for languages.

hamzaa
02-22-2006, 12:22 AM
:sl: no probs

aljawaad
02-22-2006, 03:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Well, as soon as they have a multi language section, you can have the language they speak on Planet Mars......There's no point in asking for different sections until the Administrators have made a decision......

Until then, no more suggestions for languages.
I dunno the lang on Mars. Can u teach me? :p

afriend
02-23-2006, 09:34 PM

I dunno the lang on Mars. Can u teach me? :p
sorry, but i don't qualify to teach it

i think this tread needs to vanish now,

Kittygyal
02-23-2006, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
sorry, but i don't qualify to teach it

i think this tread needs to vanish now,
yea i think it should too ;D

kadafi
02-23-2006, 11:31 PM

http://www.islamicboard.com/multilanguage/

Closed

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.