/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Good Deed that will lead to Hell

*charisma*
02-11-2006, 03:03 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Good Deed that will lead to Hell
Ibn al-Qayyim (r.a.) - Al-Waabilus-Sayyib minal-Kalimit-Tayyib ( p. 15)

One of the Salaf (Pious Predecessors) said: "Indeed a servant commits a sin by which he enters Paradise; and another does a good deed by which he enters the Fire." It was asked: How is that? So he replied: "The one who committed the sin, constantly thinks about it; which causes him to fear it, regret it, weep over it and feel ashamed in front of his Lord - the Most High - due to it. He stands before Allaah, broken-hearted and with his head lowered in humility. So this sin is more beneficial to him than doing many acts of obedience, since it caused him to have humility and humbleness - which leads to the servant's happiness and success - to the extent that this sin becomes the cause for him entering Paradise. As for the doer of good, then he does not consider this good a favour from his Lord Upon him. Rather, he becomes arrogant and amazed with himself, saying: I have achieved such and such, and such and such . So this further increases him in self adulation, pride and arrogance - such that this becomes the cause for his destruction."

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pure
02-11-2006, 03:14 AM
wow, jazakallah!

Shadow
02-11-2006, 03:15 AM
^it sez pg 15
is there an online link to read the whole book?
jazak Allah khair

nurul3eyn
02-11-2006, 03:30 AM
:sl:
Masha'allah sis very nice article...May Allah reward u for that...
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
02-11-2006, 05:22 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

barak Allah feekum...

^it sez pg 15
is there an online link to read the whole book?
ekhi i believe its a hadith...

heres another nice hadith, this one about the quarrel between jannah and hellfire subhanallah:

Hadith - al-Bukhari 9.541, Narrated Abu Huraira, r.a.

The Prophet (SAAWS) said, "Paradise and Hell (Fire) quarrelled in the presence of their Lord. Paradise said, 'O Lord! What is wrong with me that only the poor and humble people enter me?' Hell (Fire) said, 'I have been favored with the arrogant people.' So Allah said to Paradise, 'You are My Mercy,' and said to Hell, 'You are My Punishment which I inflict upon whom I wish, and I shall fill both of you.

(The Prophet added, "As for Paradise, (it will be filled with good people) because Allah does not wrong any of His created things, and He creates for Hell (Fire) whomever He will, and they will be thrown into it, and it will say thrice, 'Is there any more,' till Allah (will put) His Foot over it and it will become full and its sides will come close to each other and it will say, 'Qat! Qat! Qat! (Enough! Enough! Enough!).

shudnt_have
02-11-2006, 06:17 AM

Bismillah

This great form of remainder reminds me of following:

1. Surah Qaf. Story of Musa (as)

2. Another Hadith, my Sister was mentioning today, where she recalled,

how three 'good man 'were shocked when they are ordained to go to hell.

a. For the first man being a Quran Teacher, where he shared what he knew and taught his followers the Tajweed and iklaam of Allah (swt) fully with all to respect- The Quran-ul Majid.
b.The second man, where he never missed his prayers, he was consistent with remember's & dkhir of Allah swt.
c. ? (cant remember :) )
Then the men said, they have done plenty of good deeds through out their lives, and still being permitted to hell fire...all of this couldnt make sense to them? So, they asked Allah swt.
Allah (swt) responded in their reply, whatever these men's were doing, they were doing it for fame/publicity of the fame of this duniya. while their intentions werent pure nor they were to sake of Allah swt's pleasure and mercy alone. so thats was the reason why they were admitted to fire.

May Allah swt protect us from such harsh punishments and so much arrogrance and pride ameen.

3. Bankruptcy by Sheikh Sulimann @ RIS Conference- A great speech mashaAllah.

Snowflake
02-11-2006, 12:15 PM
Nice post Charisma sis :)

afriend2
02-11-2006, 12:33 PM
salaam,

mashAllah some wicked and benefitial posts here. jazakAllah.:)

wassalam

Halima
02-11-2006, 01:09 PM

I thought being ashamed of your sin will cause mercry to Allah. Apparently not.

The question is, can I regret and not worry about it?

Rabi'ya
02-11-2006, 01:11 PM
excellent article...jazakAllah for posting

Rabi'ya:rose:

Nasir_bhai
02-11-2006, 01:19 PM
nice post sister, jazakallah

DaSangarTalib
02-11-2006, 01:40 PM
Excellent reminder Jazka'Allah fo postin :)

*charisma*
02-11-2006, 06:33 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by shudnt_have

Bismillah

This great form of remainder reminds me of following:

1. Surah Qaf. Story of Musa (as)

2. Another Hadith, my Sister was mentioning today, where she recalled,

how three 'good man 'were shocked when they are ordained to go to hell.

a. For the first man being a Quran Teacher, where he shared what he knew and taught his followers the Tajweed and iklaam of Allah (swt) fully with all to respect- The Quran-ul Majid.
b.The second man, where he never missed his prayers, he was consistent with remember's & dkhir of Allah swt.
c. ? (cant remember :) )
Then the men said, they have done plenty of good deeds through out their lives, and still being permitted to hell fire...all of this couldnt make sense to them? So, they asked Allah swt.
Allah (swt) responded in their reply, whatever these men's were doing, they were doing it for fame/publicity of the fame of this duniya. while their intentions werent pure nor they were to sake of Allah swt's pleasure and mercy alone. so thats was the reason why they were admitted to fire.

May Allah swt protect us from such harsh punishments and so much arrogrance and pride ameen.

3. Bankruptcy by Sheikh Sulimann @ RIS Conference- A great speech mashaAllah.
ameen.

ah yes, just to comment on ur second point about that hadith, i believe its a martyr..heres the hadith:

One whose intention is not pure will deserve Hell in the Hereafter. Purity of intention is essential in all deeds

1) Narrated Abu Huraira: I heard Allah's Messenger (pbuh) saying: The first of the people whose case will be decided on the Day of Judgment will be a man who died as a martyr. He will be brought forth. Allah will make him know about His blessings (which He had bestowed on him in the World). The man will acknowledge them. Then Allah will ask him: What did you do with them? He will say: I fought in Your way until I died as a martyr. Allah will remark: You are lying. You fought so that you may be called a brave warrior. Then orders will be passed against him. So he will be dragged along on his face and cast into Hell.

Second will be a man who studied (religious) knowledge. Then he taught it to others and recited the Qur'an. He will be brought (for Judgment). Allah will remind him of His favors (showered on him in the world). He will admit them (having enjoyed them in his life). Then Allah will ask him: What did you do with them? He will reply: I acquired knowledge and imparted it and also recited the Qur'an for Your sake. Allah will observe: You have told a lie, for you got knowledge to be renowned as a scholar; and you recited the Qur'an to be marked as a Qari (one who recites the Qur'an according to the rules). Then orders will be passed against him. So he will be dragged along on his face and thrown into Hell.

Third will be a man to whom Allah had made abundantly rich and granted him every kind of wealth. He will be brought for judgment. Allah will let him know about His gifts conferred upon him in the world. He will recognize them. Then Allah will inquire: What did you with them? He will say: I left no way in which you like money to be spent without spending in it for your sake. Allah will say: You are lying. You did so to be described as generous (in the society); (It means you got your reward in the world according to your intention). Now you deserve nothing in the Hereafter except Hell). So orders will be passed against him and he will be dragged along on his face until he will be hurled into Hell.

(This Hadith is sound and related by Muslim and An-Nasa'i)

barak Allah feeki for bringing that up
arrogance is one of the biggest sins in islam, afterall it did make one of the best angels (iblees) be condemned to hell subhanallah

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

*charisma*
05-23-2016, 04:29 PM
Assalamu alaikum

A reminder to do our good deeds for the sake of Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.