/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shia and Sunni Muslims?

Anette
02-12-2006, 03:58 PM
If I understand this right (?) the difference is mainly in historical reasons, spiritual and political leadership?

What influence does this have today among Muslims at general? E.g. does it influence how you choose friends today?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansar Al-'Adl
02-12-2006, 04:14 PM
Hi Anette,

One of the rules on this forum is that we don't have sectarian discussions, as we are promoting Muslim unity. We have articles on different sects which you can search through for more information.

As for how we interact with eachother, we call eachother to a common and simple formula in following Islam:

That we follow Islam as it was revealed by God in the Qur'an, explained by the Prophet Muhammad pbuh in the Sunnah, and as it was understood by the original recipients of the message, the first generations of Muslims.

Regards

Anette
02-12-2006, 04:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Hi Anette,

One of the rules on this forum is that we don't have sectarian discussions, as we are promoting Muslim unity. We have articles on different sects which you can search through for more information.

As for how we interact with eachother, we call eachother to a common and simple formula in following Islam:

That we follow Islam as it was revealed by God in the Qur'an, explained by the Prophet Muhammad pbuh in the Sunnah, and as it was understood by the original recipients of the message, the first generations of Muslims.

Regards
I'm so sorry I didn't realize that “sectarian discussion” was this it is my fault. Feel free to do what you want with this thread. I understand the issue.

Ansar Al-'Adl
02-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Everyone can refer to the followoing section for more info:
http://www.islamicboard.com/sects-divisions/

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.