/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sunnah

Ghazi
02-12-2006, 09:56 PM
Salaam

Could anyone list the full sunnah of the prophet(pbuh)?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salaam
02-12-2006, 10:01 PM
By cup it is meant that from which water is drunk, as is stated in the narrations.

Hadith 1
Thaabit radiyallahu anhu relates that Anas radiyallahu anhu showed us a large wooden cup, which was lined with metal, and said, “O’ Thaabit, this is the cup of Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam.”

Commentary
It is said that this cup was sold from the estate of Sayyidina Nadr ibn Anas radiyallahu anhu for eight lakh Dirhams and Imaam Bukhari drank water from it in Basrah. Some say that, that was another cup.

Hadith 2
Anas radiyallahu anhu says, “I gave Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam to drink from this cup all those things which are drunk; Nabeedh, milk, etc.”

Commentary
Nabeedh is a drink made by soaking dates, raisins, etc. in water until these things (become soft and) give off its effect. It is a tonic and gives strength. Dates, etc. were soaked for Sayyidina Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam at night and he drank it in the morning. It was also sometimes used the next day, provided it did not ferment and become intoxicating.

M H Kahn
02-13-2006, 06:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

Could anyone list the full sunnah of the prophet(pbuh)?
Do you mean writing down all the deeds done and all the words said in connection with the Deen by the Prophet(pbuh)?

I think, in short, the full Sunnah of the Prophet(pbuh) is to refrain from associating any partnar directly or indirectly in the worship of Allah.

:hiding:

julie sarri
03-04-2006, 07:51 AM
:sl: i read the sunnah of the prophet (saw) on line www.fisabilillah.org its not to long about 64 pages just in case eney one wanted to read it:w: :sister:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M H Kahn
03-05-2006, 11:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by julie sarri
:sl: i read the sunnah of the prophet (saw) on line www.fisabilillah.org its not to long about 64 pages just in case eney one wanted to read it:w: :sister:
:sl:
I think taking time to read the long article in order to learn the sunnah will pay you back much more than any optional ibadah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.