with dynamite tied to their chests
killing civilians by the hundreds
-but am I a terrorist?

True, some of my people
of names similar to mine
do act violently in despair
when their human rights are stolen
when their suffering and plights are ignored
in the refugee camps of Sabra and Chatala.
- but am I a terrorist?

They are not living their faith
just acting on emotions and hate
full with the revenge for the oppressor
with little regard for innocent lives
they are just Muslim in name
-but am I a terrorist?

Islam, the religion of peace
teaches Muslims to respect life
"If anyone had killed one man
except in lieu of murder and mischief
it is as if he killed the whole mankind"
Same verse in Torah and Quran too
by the same God
-how could I be a terrorist?

Prophet Mohammad, Peace be upon him
was a mercy to mankind
he cared for the poor, elderly and sick
even if not from his faith
he stood in respect for a funeral procession of a Jew
he let a cat take a nap on his robe
not to disturb her, he cut his robe
He told Muslim armies not to hurt women and kids
sick and old, cut trees or kill animals just for fun
I love him so much
-how could I be a terrorist?

But why do they call us terrorists?
why not call the IRA, Red Army, Tamil Tigers
Militant Hindus or Serbians terrorists.
Why not call the militia
blowing up government buildings
and killing innocent civilians a terrorist
No, the term is reserved for Muslims
- and I am a Muslim.

We are the victims of terrorism
in Palestine, Kashmir, Bosnia and Kosova
by individuals and states
with knives, guns, tanks and rape
-who is a terrorist?

I remember Serb soldiers came to my house
they killed my father and my big brother too
I miss them so much.
They raped my mom and my sister too.
I loved them so much.
Then they burned my house, my books and toys too
- and they call us terrorists.

I got scared, and fled into the woods
joined a caravan going to the border
migrating from oppression to a land of peace and freedom

I have walked two days and climbed a mountain
I am hungry and thirsty, tired and sick
My legs are weak and my feet are bleeding
unable to walk anymore
- do I look like a terrorist?

I am not a terrorist
I am a Muslim
seeking love, peace and justice
My name is Mehmet Poturvic
I am a 6 year old from Kosova
Dear God, please help me and my people.
"You alone I worship, from you alone I seek help"

Shahid Athar

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Brother_Mujahid
11-21-2005, 10:47 PM
interesting

i just thought i'd share with everyone something i heard in a talk recently..........

If i tell you not to think of an elephant, and then ask the question what are you thinking you will all be thinking of an elephant.

likewise when we say we muslims are not terrorists, by saying this you merely accept the notion that you are.

...... you don't have to think of that elephant any longer ya know

wasalam

Rabi'ya
11-21-2005, 10:49 PM
:sl: brother Mujahid

Well said...this is so true...we're all swept up in the idea of being labelled as terrorists that we assume every other person thinks that of us....the majority of the time it is not true.

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

isk
02-13-2006, 07:45 PM
Are We A Terrorist?

They call us
blood thirsty terrorists blowing up buildings and planes
with dynamite tied to their chestskilling civilians by the hundreds
-but are we a terrorist?

True, some of usof names similar to mine
do act violently in despairwhen their human rights are stolen
when their suffering and plights are ignoredin the refugee camps of Sabra and Chatala.
- but are we a terrorist?

They are not living their faithjust acting on emotions and hate
full with the revenge for the oppressorwith little regard for innocent lives
they are just Muslim in name-but are we a terrorist?

Islam, the religion of peaceteaches Muslims to respect life
"If anyone had killed one manit is as if he killed the whole mankind"
Even the Quran tells us it is not good to kill-how could we be a terrorist?

Prophet Mohammad, Peace be upon him
was a mercy to mankind he cared for the poor, elderly and sick even if not from his faith
he stood in respect for a funeral procession of a Jew he let a cat take a nap on his robe
not to disturb her, he cut his robe He told Muslim armies not to hurt women and kids
sick and old, cut trees or kill animals just for fun I love him so much
-how could we be a terrorist?

But why do they call us terrorists?
Militant Hindus or Serbians terrorists. Why not call the militia
blowing up government buildings and killing innocent civilians a terrorist
No, the term is reserved for Muslims
- and I am a Muslim.

We are the victims of terrorism in Palestine, Kashmir, Bosnia and Kosova
by individuals and states with knives, guns, tanks and rape
-who is a terrorist?

I remember reading in a news paper a Serb soldiers came to a house
they killed the father and the older brother too They raped the mother and the sister too.
Then they burned the house, and they call us terrorists.

We are not a terrorist We are Muslim
seeking love, peace and justice Dear God, please help me and my people.
"You alone I worship, from you alone I seek help"

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afriend
02-13-2006, 07:47 PM
Very nice and heart felt mashallah.

Is it your work?

Cos it does hav a few.....well...lets say......'bugs' in it.

Please don't take that wrong sister, i'm really greatful for the article.

but just pointing out a few thnigs.

DaSangarTalib
02-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Nice one sis Jazka'Allah khair :)

Ru'ya
02-13-2006, 08:19 PM
jazaki allahu khaira sister

afriend2
02-13-2006, 08:51 PM
salaam,

very inspiring mashAllah, :) jazakAllah for sharing.

although i know what bro Iqram is kind of saying. Allah knows best.

wassalam

Kittygyal
02-13-2006, 08:56 PM
wow intresting thread :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) and finally :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Trumble
02-13-2006, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by isk
Militant Hindus or Serbians terrorists.

Sorry?! Most people did/do call them terrorists; unless there is some sympathy for their views, whereupon they become "freedom fighters" or similar.

The term "terrorist" is NOT "reserved for muslims", and was in use referring to such groups as the Red Army Faction, IRA, ETA and indeed secular Palestinian groups long before it was applied to muslims at all.

I understand the idea of "poetic license", but you can take it only so far!

Liban
02-13-2006, 09:05 PM
bush calls us muslims a terrorist

:happy: :happy: all muslims are all terrorist anyway:brother: :brother:

Hisbul_Aziz
02-13-2006, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Liban

huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh ;D

The Architect
02-14-2006, 01:01 AM
Well, I do not think that Muslims are terrorists. I believe that there are a few Muslims out there who take the religion to some very radical heights, and do cause riots, and cause what happened on September 11th, 2001. But you all are not bad people. I've read the Quran and I recognize that Islam is a peaceful religion, and I respect you guys. What is it you say? Salaam? If that means peace, then that's what I meant. XD

isk
02-14-2006, 03:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Architect
Well, I do not think that Muslims are terrorists. I believe that there are a few Muslims out there who take the religion to some very radical heights, and do cause riots, and cause what happened on September 11th, 2001. But you all are not bad people. I've read the Quran and I recognize that Islam is a peaceful religion, and I respect you guys. What is it you say? Salaam? If that means peace, then that's what I meant. XD
Thankyou for understanding and respecting our way of life,
you are correct in saying that their are a few people who in every nation, colour, religion go against what they belive, and sadly this brush is used to taint everyone with the same colour...

HeiGou
02-14-2006, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Liban

Actually, and I can't believe I am defending Bush, Bush goes to great trouble to make a distinction between Muslims and terrorists. So much so that I doubt you can find a single example of him doing so. A quick google search turns up this for me,

http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/nationalsecurity/

Muslims Are Playing A Vital Role In The War On Terror. Muslim leaders are denouncing terrorism, and the time has come for all responsible Islamic leaders to denounce an ideology that exploits Islam for political ends and defiles a noble faith. Many Muslims have joined the fight against extremism. The United States is proud to stand by those who stand up for the liberty, justice, and humanity of their own tradition.
The Terrorists Serve A Clear And Focused Ideology. The ideology known as Islamic radicalism, militant Jihadism, or Islamo-fascism - different from the religion of Islam - exploits Islam to serve a violent political vision that calls for the murder of all those who do not share it. The followers of Islamic radicalism are bound together by their shared ideology, not by any centralized command structure. Although they fight on scattered battlefields, these terrorists share a similar ideology and vision for the world openly stated in videos, audiotapes, letters, declarations, and websites.

Ghazi
02-14-2006, 03:57 PM
Salaam

cause what happened on September 11th
I'd advise you to watch 'loose change' american goverment were behind it.

The Architect
02-15-2006, 01:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

I'd advise you to watch 'loose change' american goverment were behind it.
Is that the thing by Alex Jones? If so, then I've seen it. Very interesting stuff.

Anette
02-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Very well written :)

Ummu Amatullah
02-16-2006, 08:57 PM
I remember reading in a news paper a Serb soldiers came to a house
they killed the father and the older brother too They raped the mother and the sister too.
Then they burned the house, and they call us terrorists.
Asallama Alaikum sister,
Isn't it very amusing how we're the one's portrayed as fanatics or terrorists while this type of oppression is being meeted out to us?I was reading this article and it disproves their misconception of Islam or Muslims being terrorists and proves that their religion incites or urges them to be violent to others.

Evil, Genocide and Wars
Spread by Judaism and Christianity
Numbers 25:4 And the LORD said unto Moses, Take all the HEADS of the people, and HANG them up before the LORD AGAINST THE SUN, that the fierce anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel.

Deuteronomy 20:16 But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee [for] an inheritance, THOU SHALT SAVE ALIVE NOTHING THAT BREATHETH:

Deuteronomy 20:17 But thou shalt UTTERLY DESTROY them; [namely], the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the LORD thy God hath COMMANDED THEE:

Judges 1:4 And Judah went up; and the LORD delivered the Canaanites and the Perizzites into their hand: and they SLEW of them in Bezek TEN THOUSAND MEN.

Judges 1:5 And they found Adonibezek in Bezek: and they fought against him, and they SLEW the Canaanites and the Perizzites.

Judges 1:6 But Adonibezek fled; and they pursued after him, and caught him, and CUT OFF HIS THUMBS AND HIS GREAT TOES.

Ezek. 9:5 And the Lord said, "Go through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have you pity. SLAY UTTERLY OLD AND YOUNG, BOTH MAIDS AND LITTLE CHILDREN, AND WOMEN.

[Num. 31:1] And the Lord said unto Moses, "Avenge the children of the Mid'-an'ites.. They warred against the Mid'-i-an'ites, as the Lord commanded Moses, and they slay all the males. And they took all women as captives, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle, and all their flocks, and all their goods. And they burnt all their cities wherein they dwelt, and all their goodly castles, with fire. Moses said, "HAVE YOU SAVED ALL THE WOMEN ALIVE? NOW KILL EVERY MALE AMONG THE LITTLE ONES, AND KILL EVERY WOMAN that has known a man by lying with him, but all the young girls who have not known a man by lying with him keep alive for yourselves.

[Josh 6:16] Joshua said to the people of Israel, "The Lord has given you the city (of the Canaanites).. all silver, and gold, and vessels of brass and iron, are c consecrated unto the Lord: They shall come into the treasury of the Lord. The people utterly DESTROYED ALL THAT WAS IN THE CITY, BOTH MAN AND WOMAN, YOUNG AND OLD, AND OX AND SHEEP, AND ASS, WITH THE EDGE OF THE SWORD.

KILLING, KIDNAPPING, SLAVERY
[Josh. 16:10] So the Canaanites have dwelt in the midst of E'phraim to this day, but become slaves to do forced labour. (see also Joshua 17:13 and Judg. 1:30)

[Judg. 21:10] The congregation of Benjamin sent twelve thousand of their bravest men, and commanded them, "Go and smite the inhabitants of Ja'-besh-gil'ead with the edge of the sword; also the women and the little ones. Every male and every woman that has lain with a male YOU SHALL UTTERLY DESTROY.

And they found among the inhabitants four hundred YOUNG VIRGINS who had not known a man by lying with him; and they brought them to the camp of Shiloh, which is the land of Canaan. And Benjamin returned at that time, and they gave them the women whom they had saved alive of the women of Ja'besh-gil'ead, but they did not suffice for them.

STEALING WOMEN !!
And they commanded the Benjaminites, saying:"Go and lie in wait in the vineyard, and watch, if the daughters of Shiloh go out to dance in the dances, then come out of the vineyard and seize each man his wife from the daughters of Shiloh. And the Benjaminites did so, and took their wives from
the dancers whom they caught.

KILL THEM AND TAKE THEIR PROPERTIES
[Deut. 20:10] When you draw near to a city to fight against it, offer terms of peace to it. And if its answer to you is peace and it opens to you, then all the people who are found in it SHALL BE FORCED LABOUR FOR YOU AND SHALL SERVE YOU.

But if it makes no peace with you, then you shall besiege it, .. YOU SHALL PUT ALL ITS MALES TO THE SWORD, BUT THE WOMEN AND THE LITTLE ONES, the cattle and every thing else in the city all its spoil, YOU SHALL TAKE AS BOOTY FOR YOURSELVES; AND YOU SHALL ENJOY THE SPOIL OF YOUR ENEMIES.

REVENGE, SWORD, FIRE !!
[Heb. 12:29] OUR GOD IS DESTROYING FIRE.

[Psalm. 94:1] O LORD, YOU GOD OF VENGEANCE.

[Job 7:21] Why do not you pardon my transgression and take away my iniquity?

[Ezek. 11:8] God said, "You have feared the sword, the sword I will bring upon you."

[Amos 9:1] I will slay that left of them with the sword, not one of them shall flee away.. I WILL COMMAND THE SWORD, AND IT SHALL SLAY THEM.

[Jer.49:37] I will send the sword after them, until I have consumed them. (Let those who say Islam is the religion of the sword know that the word "sword" is never mentioned in the Quran while the Bible mentions it many times, in the way that you see here.) [Ezek. 12:14] I will unsheathe the sword after them. I will let a few of them escape from the sword, from famine and pestilence.

THE BIBLE MISREPRESENTS GOD'S MERCY
[Jer. 19:7] The Lord said, "T WILL MAKE THEM EAT THE FLESH OF THEIR SONS AND THEIR DAUGHTERS, and every one shall eat the flesh of his neighbour.

[Levi.26:14] If you will not hearken to me..21 I will bring a sword upon you.. 29 YOU SHALL EAT THE FLESH OF YOUR SONS, AND DAUGHTERS.

[Lam. 2:20] LOOK O LORD, AND SEE! WITH WHOM YOU HAVE DONE THAT: SHOULD WOMEN EAT THEIR FRUIT AND CHILDREN OF A SPAN LONG?

[Lam. 4:4] The hands of compassionate women have boiled their own childrenthey became their food.

SWORD AND FIRE IN NEW TESTAMENT
[Math. 10:34] "Do not think that I have come to make peace on earth? I HAVE NOT COME TO BRING PEACE, BUT A SWORD. "For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother." [said Jesus]!

[Luke. 12:49] 'I CAME TO CAST FIRE UPON THE EARTH, AND WOULD THAT IT WERE ALREADY KINDLED.. DO YOU THINK THAT I HAVE COME TO GIVE PEACE ON EARTH? NO, I TELL YOU, BUT RATHER DIVISION; for from henceforth in one house there will be five divided, three against two, and two against three. They will be divided, father against son, and son against father, mother against daughter, and daughter against her mother. [said Jesus]!

[Luke. 19:27] For these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, BRING THEM HERE AND SLAY THEM BEFORE ME.

[Luke. 14:26] If any one comes to me and does not HATE his own father and mother and wife, and children, and brothers and sisters yes and even his own life: he cannot be my disciple.

PAUL AND RACISM
[Gal. 2:15] Paul said, "We ourselves, who are Jews by birth and not Gentile sinners."

[Gal. 4:22] For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by a slave, and by a free women. BUT WHAT DOES THE SCRIPTURE SAY? "CAST OUT THE SLAVE AND HER SON, FOR THE SON OF SLAVE SHALL NOT INHERIT WITH THE SON OF THE FREE WOMAN" SO, BRETHREN WE ARE NOT CHILDREN OF THE SLAVE BUT OF THE FREE WOMAN."

GENTILES IN THE BIBLE !!!
[Isia. 49:22] Thus the Lord said, "Behold I will lift up my hand to the gentiles, and raise up my signal to the people, and they shall bring your sons in their bosom, and your daughters shall be carried on their shoulders. Kings shall be your foster fathers, and their queens your nursing mothers. WITH THEIR FACES TO THE GROUND THEY SHALL BOW DOWN TO YOU, AND LICK THE DUST OF YOUR FEET.

[Isia. 60:4] Lift up your eyes round about, and see, they all gather together, they come to you. THE WEALTH OF THE NATIONS(in K.J.version: gentiles) SHALL COME UNTO YOU and the sons of the foreigners shall build up your walls, and their kings shall minister unto you...MEN MAY BRING UNTO YOU THE WEALTH OF THE NATIONS (in K.J. version: Gentiles)

WITH THEIR KINGS LED IN YOUR POSSESSION. For the nation and kingdom that will not serve you shall perish; those nations shall be utterly laid waste. YOU SHALL SUCK THE MILK OF THE NATIONS(in K.J. version: Gentiles), YOU SHALL SUCK THE BREAST OF KINGS.

[Isia. 61:5] And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedresses. BUT YOU SHALL BE NAMED THE PRIESTS OF THE LORD. Men shall call you the ministers of God. YOU SHALL EAT THE RICHES OF THE NATIONS(in K.J.version Gentiles) AND IN THEIR GLORY SHALL YOU BOAST YOURSELVES.

TAKE USURY FROM THE GENTILES ONLY !!
[Deut. 23:19] "Do not charge your brother interest, you may charge a foreigner interest, but not a brother Israelite." (The word Israelite according to the Good News Bible)

[Deut.15:1] Every creditor shall release what he has lent to his neighbour. He shall not exact it of his neighbour, his brother. Of a foreigner you may exact it. But whatever of yours is with your brother, your
hand shall release.

EX 21:23-25, LE 24:17-21, DT 19:21 An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, etc.

EX 22:20 Anyone who sacrifices to other gods must be destroyed.

LE 24:16 Whoever blasphemes the name of the Lord must be put to death.

NU 3:10 An unauthorized person who acts as a priest must be put to death.

DT 13:6-10 A man is required to slay his friends and members of his own family who are guilty of worshipping another god.

DT 17:12 A man who shows contempt for a judge or priest must be put to death.

DT 18:20-22, EZ 14:9 If a prophet's words do not come true, he is a false prophet and must be put to death. This is true even if he has been deceived by God himself.

DT 22:23-24 A betrothed virgin who is seduced in the city is to be put to death unless she cries for help.

PR 13:24, 22:15, 23:13 Children are to be disciplined with the rod-- if beaten with a rod, they will not die. (Note: Many Christian parents have inadvertently beaten a child to death following this precept.)

MT 5:29-30, 18:8-9, MK 9:43-47 If your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off.

MK 10:2-12, LK 16:18 Divorce is wrong, and to remarry is to commit adultery.

LE 20:10-12, DT 22:22 Adulterers (in some cases) must be put to death.

Genesis 34:25 Three days later, while all of them were still in pain, two of Jacob's sons, Simeon and Levi, Dinah's brothers, took their swords and attacked the unsuspecting city, killing every male.

Exodus 32:27 Then he said to them, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.'"

Leviticus 26:29 You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters.

Numbers 21:35 So they struck him down, together with his sons and his whole army, leaving them no survivors. And they took possession of his land.

Numbers 31:31 So Moses and Eleazar the priest did as the LORD commanded Moses.
32 The plunder remaining from the spoils that the soldiers took was 675,000 sheep,

33 72,000 cattle,

34 61,000 donkeys

35 and 32,000 women who had never slept with a man.

36 The half share of those who fought in the battle was: 337,500 sheep,

37 of which the tribute for the LORD was 675;

38 36,000 cattle, of which the tribute for the LORD was 72;

39 30,500 donkeys, of which the tribute for the LORD was 61;

40 16,000 people, of which the tribute for the LORD was 32.

Deuteronomy 2 :33 The LORD our God delivered him over to us and we struck him down, together with his sons and his whole army.

34 At that time we took all his towns and completely destroyed

[1] them--men, women and children. We left no survivors.

Deuteronomy 20:13 When the LORD your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. 14 As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the LORD your God gives you from your enemies.

Joshua 6:21 They devoted the city to the LORD and destroyed with the sword every living thing in it--men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys.

Joshua 10:34 Then Joshua and all Israel with him moved on from Lachish to Eglon; they took up positions against it and attacked it.

35 They captured it that same day and put it to the sword and totally destroyed everyone in it, just as they had done to Lachish.

Judges 1:6 Adoni-Bezek fled, but they chased him and caught him, and cut off his thumbs and big toes.

Judges 9:45 All that day Abimelech pressed his attack against the city until he had captured it and killed its people. Then he destroyed the city and scattered salt over it.

1 Samuel 15:3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy[1] everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.'"

Ezekiel 9:6 Slaughter old men, young men and maidens, women and children, but do not touch anyone who has the mark. Begin at my sanctuary." So they began with the elders who were in front of the temple.

source: http://allaahuakbar.net/jew/evil.htm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.