/* */

PDA

View Full Version : *SOB* my maths teacher left today....got SATs in May......help!!!

afriend
02-14-2006, 08:32 PM
Well, today my best teacher in the world left the school for family matters in south africa forever.

I just lost a the bestest teacher i've ever had in my school, in the middle of SATs year, as my mathematics levels start to unstabilize.

Can it get any worse, don't think i can adapt to a new teacher....too much hastle.

Need educational support and advice quick.

I'm kinda losin it cos i need him badly now.....and with SATs only a few months away......:heated: :grumbling :hiding: :offended: :rant:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
02-14-2006, 08:37 PM
:sl:
I feel your pain.

Not really. :p.

Nah, i've been in a similar situation except we didnt have sats until many moons after - like half a year. But all was not lost, we got a substitute. who was pretty crap. Man, that class had a cumulative IQ of 5 (minus mine, which by my estimate 90 ish - not bad for a 13 year old) lots of dumbo's in that maths set which is probably why they forced me to leave ;p.

P,s: they put me in set 4 for maths. I'm now studying accounts at A - level and frequently asked the answers to questions in and outside of class. Booyah!

Snowflake
02-14-2006, 08:48 PM
Awww Iqram bro. I don't know what to say. But maybe this free online maths tutor can help you.

http://www.fliegler.com/mathman.htm

Good luck with your SATs!

afriend
02-14-2006, 09:15 PM
Jazakallah 4 the link sis.

Funny and bizare story brother Aamir saab, but mashallah ur doin ur A-levels now.

Inshallah u'll get good results.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The Ruler
02-14-2006, 09:27 PM
ders a maths section in the forum u can get help der :)

:w:

afriend
02-14-2006, 09:47 PM
Yeah, jazakallah sister.......but it's not just the maths, but nobody can teach like him....the way he spoke, his thniking.....everything, i was really sad to see him go..........

The Ruler
02-14-2006, 10:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Yeah, jazakallah sister.......but it's not just the maths, but nobody can teach like him....the way he spoke, his thniking.....everything, i was really sad to see him go..........
it happens bro u jus gotta get over it. i mean iv cn ma fav science teacher leave but still....it cud v a big effect bcuz u mite feel dofferent learning in a different way but u gotta get used to it. n we r always der to help u as much as we can :)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-14-2006, 10:07 PM

Dont let him leaving hinder your study habits. See if your School provides tutoring, if so take that ASAP. If not, take courses such as Kaplan or Princeton Review. They are very helpful. Also make Dua all the time, it goes without saying :)

Ps- The math isnt too hard, but it is a challange to get it correct in the time limit. Therefore the best thing for you to do now is to work on your speed. You need to be able to recognize and solve problems with effiency, that is the key to passing. Also, look for previous tests, alot of the questions are the same or with slight variations. You;ll do fine Inshallah :)

afriend
02-14-2006, 10:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tagrid
n we r always der to help u as much as we can :)

U don't nkow how much better i felt afta u sed that.......cos as some probably know, i don't have an older brother or sister to ask for help or anything....although i have my parents, it doesn't feel...well nice getting taught by...well forget that.

But will ask 4 help when needed inshallah.

Don't know how long it's gonna take 2 get used to a new teacher...but after every hardship there is ease.

Nabal12
02-14-2006, 10:15 PM
Last year my favourite teacher of all time left the school too. She taught us history and she was just full of knowledge and she knew exactly how to explain the wars and all that to us. She made class fun, unlike all those other history classes people complain about.

Don't worry, just get help from the site and I'm sure lots more interesting and excellent teachers will come your way inshallah.

afriend
02-14-2006, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ã…hmed

Dont let him leaving hinder your study habits. See if your School provides tutoring, if so take that ASAP. If not, take courses such as Kaplan or Princeton Review. They are very helpful. Also make Dua all the time, it goes without saying :)

Ps- The math isnt too hard, but it is a challange to get it correct in the time limit. Therefore the best thing for you to do now is to work on your speed. You need to be able to recognize and solve problems with effiency, that is the key to passing. Also, look for previous tests, alot of the questions are the same or with slight variations. You;ll do fine Inshallah :)
Jazakallah, but studies wont b 2 much of a problem after i plan out a serious, deadly and back breaking work for Maths.....

afriend2
02-15-2006, 12:01 PM
salaam,

favourite teachers?? never had one, but i did my sats last year, and alhamdulillah i got a high level 7 in maths, and only a couple of marks off 8 :( so close and yet....:'(

but anyways bro, if you need help dont hesitate to ask. theres that bitesize site thats really helpful.. inshAllah youre in our du'as. :)

wassalam

*KB*
02-15-2006, 12:18 PM
salam

bro u gotta b strong and good luck 4 your sats!!!!!!!!!!!

wasalam

Batoota
02-15-2006, 03:32 PM

*I typed up an answer and everything got erased, so here i try again.*

I know it's hard: changing teachers in the middle of the year....I mean this year I had 3 different business teachers, 2 different English teachers and pretty much 2 different computer teachers. Like 2 weeks ago I was introducing myself to a new teacher, and I’m graduating in about 3 months! So yeah, it is hard. But you know what? You have to remember a couple of things.

1. Each teacher brings something different to the class. Yes, your teacher used to explain really well, but maybe this new teacher will challenge you more….and then you’ll do even better on the SATS!

2. Even if you had the best teacher ever (if such a person exists :P), but you never studied, you wouldn’t get a good mark. That is because it’s not the teacher that gives you the grade. It is your dedication, determination and work . You called adapting to the new teacher a hassle. Well guess what? You’re going to have to tackle that hassle! You have to put as much effort, if not more now!
Actually, I have a really interesting story. A new Iranian girl came to my school this year. She has never learned Arabic before. Unfortunately for her, Arabic is kinda required in my school…so she has to take 6th grade Arabic (since that that it the least they offer 12th graders). Keep in mind that she had never even heard of the Arabic alphabet until she came to my school. She put so much effort. She gave, not her 85%, but her 1,000% ! she studied, studied, studied…..she worked reallllllllllllllly hard. And guess what? She got like 97% as her final grade. She beat Arabs!!!!!!!!!!!! *ma sha Allah, ma sha Allah!*

i can't remember what else i wanted to say, but insha Allah, you'll pass the Sats will flying colors,

afriend
02-15-2006, 05:56 PM
Jazakallah sister, many things to think and reflect over...

But inshallah i'm taking a different step towards education....a bit like what my father did in BANGLADESH where there is 'back-breaking' work, just going to focus completely on my studies until the end of my SATs Exams....which is in May.....

And by the way.......My grandparents are comin back from Bangladesh inshallah, a week after my exams are over, after a loooooong time(to me, i cudn't live without them for more than a month) which is just over 6 months....so i got somethin to look forward to after my struggles......Alhamdulillah!

ishkabab
02-15-2006, 05:59 PM
hey are SAT's taken all over the world or America only?.....cause i always thought it was only here in america....

afriend
02-15-2006, 06:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ishkabab
hey are SAT's taken all over the wotld or America only?.....cause i always thought it was only here in america....
I would have loved it if that were the case......:giggling:

But there are many countries including the UK(England to some) who have SATs in the national curriculum....

Kittygyal
02-15-2006, 06:34 PM
yes sats r everywhere in every corner cuz me lil sis az gt er sats 2 it's jus stressin 4 er but am ere 2 help er :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
n da person ews teacher as gun abroad we r ere 4 u so dn't stress lyk me sis iz at mo :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

arehat
02-16-2006, 08:21 PM
when a real good teacher leaves it is so hard specialy when you are doing ur G.C.S.E. some of my students geography teacher left whilst doing their G.C.S.E they just cant adapt to new teachers teaching.

All da best with the sats

ishkabab
02-16-2006, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
yes sats r everywhere in every corner cuz me lil sis az gt er sats 2 it's jus stressin 4 er but am ere 2 help er :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
n da person ews teacher as gun abroad we r ere 4 u so dn't stress lyk me sis iz at mo :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
no offense sis its just hard sometimes to read ya english... even though i know what ur saying....i think some other people in this forum write like that too..:okay:

afriend
10-11-2006, 06:51 PM
LOL!

Can I slap myself in the past? :mad: ROFL!

Well, I made it through...Only by the help of Allah. You don't need any teachers, all you need is devotion, oh and fuel for the fire ;)

Ended up with a 7 in maths :p....7 in Science [CAME FIRST :coolious:] 6 In English (ANNOYING PPL MADE A MISTAKE WIV MY MARKS!!!! Got me happy for a few weeks :()..But still came first ;)

And to add, our GCSE teacher who moved us forward at light speed, left just a few weeks ago. But that's okay, I'm gonna put my own effort into it, and I advise everyone, do not rely wholly on your teachers. Success is made of 2 halves ;)

Riya90
10-11-2006, 07:01 PM
Ended up with a 7 in maths ....7 in Science [CAME FIRST ] 6 In English (ANNOYING PPL MADE A MISTAKE WIV MY MARKS!!!! Got me happy for a few weeks )..But still came first
mashallah

strider
10-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Assalamu alaikum

MashaAllah, bro Iqram.

Btw, SATs taken in the USA aren't the same as the ones taken in the UK.

unknown_JJ
10-11-2006, 08:53 PM
marshallah bro u smashed it!!

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-11-2006, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Well, today my best teacher in the world left the school for family matters in south africa forever.

I just lost a the bestest teacher i've ever had in my school, in the middle of SATs year, as my mathematics levels start to unstabilize.

Can it get any worse, don't think i can adapt to a new teacher....too much hastle.

Need educational support and advice quick.

I'm kinda losin it cos i need him badly now.....and with SATs only a few months away......:heated: :grumbling :hiding: :offended: :rant:

aawww bro...sad to hear...inshaAllah u will get2 knw ur new teacher n get along like u did with ur fav teacher...:D :D but i guess u could never replace some one sooo gud to some1 completely different!!!:(

my ICT teacher in college shes new dont really get along with her...cant adapt to her teachings at the moment!!!lol...so i decided to bunk off her lesson 2day *oopppZZ*:rollseyes :rollseyes

Arwa
10-11-2006, 09:49 PM
wa alaikum assalam

Congrats Iqram! Well done! :)

afriend
10-11-2006, 09:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
Assalamu alaikum

MashaAllah, bro Iqram.

Btw, SATs taken in the USA aren't the same as the ones taken in the UK.
yeah I know...Just got back from the states a month or two ago, their SATs are GCSE equivalent lol

Jazakallah khair for all ur comments :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.