/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Qu'ran

Jeness18
02-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Is the Qur'an the same as the Koran......why is there so many different spellings for these words? Mecca and Makkah? I am just so confused :? :uhwhat

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
02-15-2006, 10:34 PM
Greetings, and welcome to the forum!

'Koran' is basically the western way of spelling 'Qur'an', which is how you would pronounce it in Arabic. So yes, the two are referring to exactly the same thing.

Since most people are accustomed to the arabic language on this forum, and pronounce all these words in their original language, they spell them according to how they are most correctly pronounced.

I hope that hasn't been confusing!

Peace.

arashid
02-15-2006, 11:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jeness18
Is the Qu'ran the same as the Koran......why is there so many different spellings for these words? Mecca and Makkah? I am just so confused :? ...and not feeling good...sickk ughhh :uhwhat
hi i would like to only mention this to you ,how would you spell or pronounce u.s.a in many ways(amerique,america,etats-unis,state-union etc...).
then this is the same in the case of regarding the confusion you have.and there is nothing to unfeel good,or be sick and say ughhh.yes to be confused you can say this to yourself.but do not forget that we are living in a world which is lived with peoples who talk many and different languages.thanks for your understanding.as many prophets came to each nation before.

Jeness18
02-16-2006, 02:06 AM
[QUOTE=arashid;185141] there is nothing to unfeel good,or be sick and say ughhh.yes to be confused you can say this to yourselfQUOTE]

Ok I am in a really crappy mood right now and to see you telling me what to say is getting me even more mad...because I am allowed to actually just say how I feel...at times...that is my first post I said about how I felt...I was trying to just not sound like a history book asking questions... I wanted to sound like a human being not just some robot speaking on the computer...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
arashid
02-16-2006, 10:01 PM
[QUOTE=Jeness18;185228]
format_quote Originally Posted by arashid
there is nothing to unfeel good,or be sick and say ughhh.yes to be confused you can say this to yourselfQUOTE]

Ok I am in a really crappy mood right now and to see you telling me what to say is getting me even more mad...because I am allowed to actually just say how I feel...at times...that is my first post I said about how I felt...I was trying to just not sound like a history book asking questions... I wanted to sound like a human being not just some robot speaking on the computer...
so next time think twice before posting,cause it is very important to know the value of the quran first before you establish any of your question.study and after ask.so you know what you are talking about.

Jeness18
02-16-2006, 10:33 PM
[/QUOTE]so next time think twice before posting,cause it is very important to know the value of the quran first before you establish any of your question.study and after ask.so you know what you are talking about.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I posted because I wanted to know about the value of the Qur'an from the people who actually hold Islam as a religion and not just referring to it just out of a history book or out of a website.... i didnt have a particular question about the study of the book... and I never said I knew what I was talking about...When did I say that? You just need to find something better to do with your time than comeback with lame comebacks...

Muhammad
02-16-2006, 10:52 PM
Greetings and :sl: ,

I think there has been some misunderstanding here. The way I understood the first post was a question being asked, followed by a comment that was not related to the question but about how the poster was feeling at the time of posting.
In other words, I think Jeness meant that she simply wasn't feeling well in general, not because of her confusion.

I think we should focus on the important issue at hand in threads and not allow misunderstandings to create ill-feelings on a forum that encourages interfaith relations :).

Peace.

Jeness18
02-16-2006, 11:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
Greetings and :sl: ,

I think there has been some misunderstanding here. The way I understood the first post was a question being asked, followed by a comment that was not related to the question but about how the poster was feeling at the time of posting.
In other words, I think Jeness meant that she simply wasn't feeling well in general, not because of her confusion.

I think we should focus on the important issue at hand in threads and not allow misunderstandings to create ill-feelings on a forum that encourages interfaith relations :).

Peace.
Thank you! and I agree!

arashid
02-17-2006, 03:55 PM
so next time think twice before posting,cause it is very important to know the value of the quran first before you establish any of your question.study and after ask.so you know what you are talking about.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I posted because I wanted to know about the value of the Qur'an from the people who actually hold Islam as a religion and not just referring to it just out of a history book or out of a website.... i didnt have a particular question about the study of the book... and I never said I knew what I was talking about...When did I say that? You just need to find something better to do with your time than comeback with lame comebacks...[/QUOTE]
o.k finally one thing good with you is that you ask more question and answering-back than give a right answer.anyway as long as you are asking question you will earn knowledge.but try to not have a habit of answering back because i do welcome that and others may not welcome it.

Ibrar
02-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Yes it's the same Qur'an and I also wonder why they spell it differently than Muslims do?? WHY??

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!