/* */

PDA

View Full Version : History Project: Interviews about Islam

so0x0xsweet
02-16-2006, 12:43 AM
Hey everyone! I have a project for history and I have to interview people about Islam. Everyone I know are ignorant on the subject. Can you help me out?

Here are the questions that need to be answered. It's ok to say you don't know. My teacher just wants to see how ordinary people feel on the topic.

1) What is your age?*

2)What is your political party affiliation?*

3) Are you a practicing Muslim?*

4)Do you practice a religion? If so what religion?*

5) How familiar are you with Islam on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 is an expert)?

6)What is the first word that comes to your mind when you hear the word "Islam"?

7)Do you feel that Islam preaches violence?

8)What do you feel are the core differences between Islam and Christianity?

9)Why do you think there has been hatred of the West along with Christianity and Judaism in much of the Islamic world?

10)What do you feel is the casue for this hatred?

11)Do you feel that Islam's core beliefs were responsible for the terrorist attacks?

12)Why do you feel that many terrorist activities are carried out by Islamic groups?

13)Do you feel as if more Muslims were to move into your community it would be less safe?

14)Do you feel as if more Muslims were to move into your community they would be accepted in the community?

Thanks alot for your help in this project!

The questions with the * at the end means that they don't have to be answered if you don't feel comfortable.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Saifadin_Qutuz
02-16-2006, 01:06 AM
I would gladly help :)

here goes!

Questions:
1) What is your age?*

2)What is your political party affiliation?*

3) Are you a practicing Muslim?*

4)Do you practice a religion? If so what religion?*

5) How familiar are you with Islam on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 is an expert)?

6)What is the first word that comes to your mind when you hear the word "Islam"?

7)Do you feel that Islam preaches violence?

8)What do you feel are the core differences between Islam and Christianity?

9)Why do you think there has been hatred of the West along with Christianity and Judaism in much of the Islamic world?

10)What do you feel is the casue for this hatred?

11)Do you feel that Islam's core beliefs were responsible for the terrorist attacks?

12)Why do you feel that many terrorist activities are carried out by Islamic groups?

13)Do you feel as if more Muslims were to move into your community it would be less safe?

14)Do you feel as if more Muslims were to move into your community they would be accepted in the community?

Answers:

1. 18

2. I am sorry , but I didnt exactly get the question.. mind to explain? :)

3. well I am alright

4. Islam

5. maybe 6

6. hmm toughie heh.. God? and the past peoples

7. abolutely not, but some incorrectly led minds damage the image.

8. about the Crucifixion(sp??) of Jesus, but I do believe that they Christians think that he went to heaven.

9. As I have mentioned, its because of these incorrectly led minds that damage the image.

10. omg do I have to repeat myslef?lol :giggling: well its those people mentioned earlier..

11. Not exactly. Misunderstandings and wrong interpritations as well as they(the terrorist) are using the religion as a cover.

12. Wrong interpritations and understandings of the truth.

13. My community is filled with good muslims such as I :)

14. yea sure

and ur welcome miss :thankyou:

Shadow
02-16-2006, 01:08 AM
i find it highly unsual that 2 ppl hold the exact same survey
i dunno if its by the same teacher but this seems weird...

Saifadin_Qutuz
02-16-2006, 01:16 AM
lol, yeah well.. I intended good, I intended to help, and may God judge me from my intentions.

"Inama al a3malu bil niyat"

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansar Al-'Adl
02-16-2006, 03:53 AM
Hi so0x0xsweet,
It seems like you have the same questions as Jeness18; I've answered them here:
http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...tml#post176542

Jeness18
02-16-2006, 11:32 PM
That is my friend...it is not a coincidence...she needed help and so I told her about this site and we do have the same teacher... lol just so you know...
so0x0xsweet, hope you enjoy this site!!! cya

so0x0xsweet
02-17-2006, 09:48 PM
hey sorry for the confusion jeness18 is my friend and we have the same teacher. i needed help on my project so she told me about this site. i would greatly appriciate it if you could help me out here. Thanks!:happy:

Saifadin_Qutuz
02-19-2006, 01:14 AM
think I already did miss :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.