/* */

PDA

View Full Version : As Long As You Are Not Angry With Me Then I Do Not Care

nurul3eyn
02-16-2006, 05:37 PM
:sl:

A poem by British political prisoner, Babar Ahmad
(If you don't know who Babar Ahmad is, then please visit http://www.freebabarahmad.com/ and always remember him in your duas please)

As long as You are not angry with me then I do not care
For me is the model of Musab bin Umayr
The best dressed man in the city
But that was for him a state of pity
Until there came to him the Message
All did he leave of his privilege
For the sake of Allah and His Beloved

For I think of Bilal when his chest was bare
On the burning sand did they make him lie
Until he thought he was going to die
They crushed him with rocks in the blazing sun
And begged him to reject the Almighty One
But never did he give in to the wicked

I remember Khabbaab when they pulled his hair
In the blacksmiths of his evil mistress
With burning rods did she cause him distress
She twisted his neck and burnt his skin
Until his fat dripped into a tin
But he remained firm to his belief as long as he lived

For I picture Khubaib when he was there
Tied and bound to an immovable tree
With no chance of him being free
Their spears and arrows did they fling
Yet grapes to him did his Lord bring
Until his noble soul was lifted

I think of Yasir, Sumaiyah and their heir
Even when placed on sizzling ember
None but their Lord did they remember
Patience you all when paying this price
Indeed your abode is Paradise
As a reward for all that you did.

As long as You are not angry with me, then I do not care
My example is Your Beloved when struck from the rear
By the sticks and stones of Taif's crowd
Yet he did cry in a voice so loud:
"O Lord! Forgive my people for they do not know,"
And even thought I am feeling so low...
As long as You are not angry with me, then I do not care.

by British Political Prisoner Babar Ahmad MX5383

In a recent letter from Belmarsh prison Babar urges people to persevere in their supplications and reminds his family and friends to be strong and patient:

“If Allah can release Yunus from the whale with du’a (supplications), then for Him to release me with du’a is a small thing... Things could have been worse. Allah knows that I am innocent…

“But now I don’t need your tears – I need your du’as and I need you to be strong so we all pass this test with what Allah has planned for us all.”

There are three ways to leave your cell temporarily in a prison, and you can do this almost whenever you want

1) The first way is by reading the Qur’an, whereby Allah makes you leave your cell and embark on a journey away from the prison. Sometimes He takes you millions of years in the past, to before the Creation of the Heavens and the Earth. Sometimes, thousands of years ago, to the time of the Prophets that came before you. Sometimes he drops you into the life of Prophet Muhammad (salla Allahu alayhi was-salam) and you are living with the Sahabah (1). Sometimes He takes you to another prison, the prison of the Hellfire. Or He may take you into the future, thousands of years ahead. You might go to court on the Day of Judgement where He is the Judge and there are no barristers, solicitors, jury, nor media; there are NO human rights and the only prison guards are stern, harsh angels. Frequently He will take you to meet Him and tell you about Himself.

2) The second way is to go back into your own past, as much as your memory permits. Go back 5 years, 10 years, more or less. Go back to your wedding day, graduation, the day Allah guided you to Islam, the birth of your first child, happy moments, sad moments, difficult moments, but not moments where you say, "If only..." and question Allah's destiny.

3) The third way into your future, having taken assumptions.

What if you spend the rest of your life in prison - what will you do? What if you are released tomorrow? What if you spend three more years in prison

He concludes with a message for the British public:

“I am not a threat to the public and nor am I a terrorist… I am a political prisoner and not a murderer or armed robber or [like the] other criminals with whom I spend my breaks. My only crime was to ask for justice but because of that crime, they want to extradite me to America. The start of any nation’s end is when they replace justice with injustice

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
02-16-2006, 07:55 PM
wondaful masha allah :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.