/* */

PDA

View Full Version : TRIVIA: How Clever r YOU??

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

The Ruler
04-18-2005, 06:27 PM
:sl:

I think someone else has to answer that question......its tooooo hard..........but was it a companion that died on the Prophet's lap?:confused:

:w:
:sister:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslimah
04-19-2005, 05:15 PM

Hint: That happened after Tabuuk battle....

if you still cant get the right answer, i'll tell you next time insha Allah

Muslimah
04-21-2005, 09:50 AM
This is your last chance to try...

His name was Abd Al-Uzaa , but after he became a muslim, the rasuul (pbuh) named him Abdu-Allah

Ra`eesah
04-21-2005, 10:18 AM
???? did u just give the answer away? his name was abdullaah ??? are we suppose to find out his full name now?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslimah
04-21-2005, 10:26 AM
yes 3washey...the full name...and if you can the nick name as well , coz he well known as his nick name more than real name..

Ra`eesah
04-21-2005, 10:31 AM
ummm was he the son of Khadija's uncle?

Ra`eesah
04-21-2005, 10:37 AM
what? where did u come from? :D are u telling me to get it or are u asking her about it

Muslimah
04-21-2005, 10:40 AM
3washey as far as i know No...

Zak yes....you have to get both if you can....

read the question again...and try to remember.....

or just give up so i'll tell you hehehe

Ra`eesah
04-21-2005, 10:43 AM
man i am this close to giving up..... :(

Ra`eesah
04-21-2005, 10:46 AM
Abdullah ibn Umm Maktum

Ra`eesah
04-21-2005, 10:51 AM
wot? :omg: u were telling me to get it? as if u know your self? hahaha ok ok inshallah i will try my best to get it

Muslimah
04-21-2005, 10:54 AM
okay its "Duu Al-Bijaadayn" Abdullahi Al-Muzani

come on Zak....the question was posted for pretty long time...no more chances.....

Ra`eesah
04-21-2005, 10:57 AM
noooooooooooooooooooooo..... that was my next abdullah name :( thanks alot brother zAK! :mad: u better not come out for recess otherwise its punch punch kich for u on the playground!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

austugfurllah... ;D j/k

:)

Ra`eesah
04-21-2005, 11:04 AM
yea i know u would u B.B!

Far7an
04-21-2005, 11:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 3washey
u better not come out for recess otherwise its punch punch kich for u on the playground!
We call it "break time" *sighs* Americans

next question :)

Ra`eesah
04-21-2005, 11:12 AM
Assalam'Alaykum

WHAT!? what did u call me?! well i have NEVER been so insulted in all my LIFE an american you say! .....

ok so shhhhhhh not so loud.... :zip:

ok so i am by passport....so what u dont have to tell the whole world. :-[ not that i am proud of it.

well doesnt matter anyway recess sounds way more sophisticated than "break time"
you know they use in sentances such as "Court is in Recess" ;)

Recess defined

re·cess ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rss, r-ss)
n.

A temporary cessation of the customary activities of an engagement, occupation, or pursuit.
The period of such cessation.

Far7an
04-21-2005, 11:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
oh ur dictionary again !:mad:
lol, dont worry zAk they are just trying to improve there english ;)

Ra`eesah
04-21-2005, 11:22 AM
:omg: :-[ :'( :-\

so what about it .....

dic·tion·ar·y
A reference book containing an alphabetical list of words, with information given for each word, usually including meaning, pronunciation, and etymology.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Ra`eesah
04-21-2005, 11:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan247
lol, dont worry zAk they are just trying to improve there english ;)

hmmm and someone need to improve his grammar :)

Far7an
04-21-2005, 11:29 AM
:(

Ok, next question

Who was the King of Iraq at the time of Prophet Ibrahim (alayhis salam)?

Far7an
04-21-2005, 11:33 AM
Im sure our wise brother khaldun knows the answer :)

Ra`eesah
04-21-2005, 11:38 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

ok sorry... just dont give me that sad face, i dont want it to hunt me on the Day of Judgement...

was it King Nemrud?

Far7an
04-21-2005, 11:40 AM
was it King Nemrud?
tayeb

Next question.

Ra`eesah
04-21-2005, 11:52 AM
People are questioned in the grave by two Angels... name those 2 angels

1st set for the nonmuslims and/or the evil doers
2nd set for the believers

Ra`eesah
04-21-2005, 07:41 PM
no they r not but u got one set right.

Mou'minah
04-22-2005, 12:05 AM

I think it's Hazrat Izraeel...

Mou'minah
04-22-2005, 12:07 AM

but thats not a set...

Ibn Syed
04-22-2005, 12:12 AM
:sl: I am pretty sure that br. zAK is right. Munkir and nakir question both muslims and nonmuslims if I'm not mistaken

Ra`eesah
04-22-2005, 12:53 AM
Assalamu'ALaykum

Ok the answer i was looking for was basher and Mubasher.. ( the angles that will come to the believers and give them glad tidings)

Ra`eesah
04-22-2005, 06:53 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Yes also when i heard this it was amusing to me, see what happens is that once someone dies with the shadah (inshallah we will die with the shadah) The angles Munkir and Nakir will come and ask us Who is your lord : sometimes from the fear and shock that we will get we will not be able to answer and they will hit you till u go down 7 hells. then u will say Laillah illaah.... they will do this 3 times and if u fail to give the right answer which is Allah. you will be punished. But if you get it then they will leave and Basheer and Mubasher will coome and show you ur final abode.

this hadith is in Muslim and Bukhari.... (inshallah i will try to look for it.)

I ask Allah to forgive me if i have mistranslated.
And if anyone knowsabout this plz correct me

Danish
04-30-2005, 11:22 AM
Next Question plz?

Shall i post? In what war did the People made a ditch, so the kaffir cant enter the city?

Protected_Diamond
04-30-2005, 09:34 PM
oooh these questions are too hard for me :zip:

Danish
04-30-2005, 10:08 PM
Ghazwah Khandaq
yep, zAk, or as its translated in englsh: "Battle of ditch". Who r the Asharul-Mubassherat (sp?)?

Mr. Baldy
05-02-2005, 10:49 AM
aslaam alykum,

ok........... where did the prophet (SAWS) go on his 'night journey' and how did he gat there?

wa alykum aslaam

Far7an
05-02-2005, 11:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr. Baldy
where did the prophet (SAWS) go on his 'night journey'
Makkah to Jerusalem and then his ascension to heavens

and how did he gat there?
Animal known as Buraq.

Junna
05-03-2005, 08:13 PM
was it 80?

Junna
05-03-2005, 08:14 PM
oops. didn't mean to reply to that one

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-03-2005, 08:30 PM
Assalamoalaikum-wa-rahamtullah-hey-wabrakatu

I got a good question - what is the name of the very FIRST idol to be put in the Kaaba?

Ra`eesah
05-03-2005, 09:03 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

was it Hubal?

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-03-2005, 09:06 PM

Mashallah thats correct - do you know who the person was that put it there - and there is a hadith that the Prophet of Allah (Sallallah-ho-alahi-wassalam) saw this person dragging his feet into jahannum becuz he was first person to do shirk?

Ra`eesah
05-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

i think it was a descendant of Qahtan and king of Hijaz?

was it "Amr bin Lahyo"

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-04-2005, 06:31 AM

Yes thats correct again mashallah!

Ok what was the name of the biggest elephant that Abraha had in his army - and for bonus points what was the name of the "driver" of the elephant?

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-04-2005, 08:11 AM

1) Correct

2) I thought it was UNAIS (MAYBE WRONG)?

Ok here's a couple more -

1) What was the name of the slave of Kahdija who went with the Prophet of Allah (Sallallah-hoalahi-wassalam) for business trips?

2) What is the name of the lady who arranged (and Khadija asked her to) for marriage between Prophet and Khadija?

3) Who were the 2 witnesses for the Prophet and which 2 were the witnesses for Khadija at the wedding and out of the 4 which 2 read the nikah of the Prophet?

Should keep you busy!!!

MetSudaisTwice
05-04-2005, 08:15 AM
wow mashallah bro, unfortunately i don't know the answer but i'll try and find out

MetSudaisTwice
05-04-2005, 10:24 AM
still haven't got the answer, have u bro zak?

Far7an
05-04-2005, 10:39 AM
1. Maysara

2. I think same answer, Maysara ???.. not sure...I think Im wrong

3. The witnesses? hmmmm, Abu talib, Waraqa and Khadija's uncle ???

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-04-2005, 11:05 AM
Assalamoalaikum-wa-rahmatullah-hey-wabrkatu

Good attempt br Farhan; Answers are

1) Maysara

2) Nafisa

3) Prophet (Sallallah-ho-alahi-wassalam) side - Abu Talib & Hamza (Abu Talib read Nikah)
Khadija (radiallahanha) - Warqa Bin Nawfal and Amr Asad Ibn Uzza (WBN read naat)

Ok another question (I hope you guyz dont mind - but this way inshallah we will all learn something)

1. What is the real name of the Prophets Grandfather Abdul Muttalib?

2. The Prophet said I am the son of 2 zabihullahs - who are they?

3. How many times did the Prophet see Jibreel in his real form - bonus points for exactly where etc?

4. How many wings does Jibreel Have?

Again should keep you busy!!!

Wassalam
Br ABDULLAH

MetSudaisTwice
05-04-2005, 11:09 AM
jazakallah bro i don;t know the answers but am learning

Far7an
05-04-2005, 11:25 AM
1. What is the real name of the Prophets Grandfather Abdul Muttalib?
1. Shaybah

2. The Prophet said I am the son of 2 zabihullahs - who are they?
2. Dont know this one :( Ill let someone else try this one inshaAllah.

3. How many times did the Prophet see Jibreel in his real form - bonus points for exactly where etc?
3. I only know of one, In mount hira when the quran was first revealed.

4. How many wings does Jibreel Have?
4. 600 wings

Far7an
05-04-2005, 11:27 AM
2) Ismaail [a.s] & His father Hazrat Abdullah :)
MashaAllah, barakallah feek akhee

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-04-2005, 11:36 AM
Assalamoalaikum-wa-rahmtullah-hey-wabrkatu

All correct and 3 - partly correct - you guyz are good man!

3) The Prophet saw Jibreel 2x - once in Hira (as mentioned) and 2nd time in Al Jiyad - that was when the Prophet saw him and fainted and asked him about his wings (answer 4).

Ok last set of questions by me - cuz I wanna answer some!!!!!!

1. What is Zugagal Hajar and its relevance? (Anyone who gets this can have Shaykh Shuraims bisht - IM JOKIN OF COURSE)!!!!

2. When Hazrat Isa Ibn Maryam descends onto earth from where will he decsend, what is the first thing he will do when he descends and what is the name of the Gate where he will kill Dajjal?

3. When the kaaba was being re-built the people of Mecca were worried that by breaking a stone allahs wrath would come on them who was the man that removed the first stone?

4. Which of the Prophets Wives had a mark on her face and when the Prophet enquired what had happened she said that I saw a dream that a moon had fallen on my bed and I told my husband and he hit me on the face and said "You want to marry the Prophet of Allah"?

5. When Hazarat Umar converted to Islam what surah of the quran was being read by his sister and brother in law?

Wassalam

MetSudaisTwice
05-04-2005, 11:54 AM
2) i think it is in syria

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-04-2005, 11:56 AM
5) Correct - well done Bro Zak

2) Yes well done bro - which city in Syria? also rest of the question to answer

Any takers for question 1?

MetSudaisTwice
05-04-2005, 12:05 PM
2) he will descend in Syria and Imam Mehdi will usher Isa (as) to lead fajr prayer but isa AS will tell him to lead the prayer

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-04-2005, 12:13 PM
Excellent - it will be in Damascus over the Jameah Masjid on the shoulder of 2 angels and he will go straight to Masjid Al Aqsa and it will be Fajr time and Imam Mehdi will ask Sayidina Isa AS to lead but he will say no and Imam Mehdi will lead! It is narrated that when Syadiina Isa AS will descend the water will be falling from his hair like drops of pearls - SUBHANALLAH

Then he will go on his mission to kill Dajjal, Dajjal will run and try and get away until they reash Israel where he will be killed at Babul *****?

MetSudaisTwice
05-04-2005, 12:14 PM
i don't know, is it babul salam?

Ra`eesah
05-04-2005, 02:02 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

bab Lud

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-04-2005, 02:52 PM
Correct Babul Ludh is right - well done

Come on how about we answer some of the other questions inshallah!

S_87
05-04-2005, 02:55 PM
i missed the questions so you can continue AS :D

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Assalamo-alaikum-wa-rahmatullah-hey-wabrakatu

Sis amani here are the questions (1,3 & 4 need answers):

1. What is Zugagal Hajar and its relevance? (Anyone who gets this can have Shaykh Shuraims bisht - IM JOKIN OF COURSE)!!!!

2. When Hazrat Isa Ibn Maryam descends onto earth from where will he decsend, what is the first thing he will do when he descends and what is the name of the Gate where he will kill Dajjal?

3. When the kaaba was being re-built the people of Mecca were worried that by breaking a stone allahs wrath would come on them who was the man that removed the first stone?

4. Which of the Prophets Wives had a mark on her face and when the Prophet enquired what had happened she said that I saw a dream that a moon had fallen on my bed and I told my husband and he hit me on the face and said "You want to marry the Prophet of Allah"?

5. When Hazarat Umar converted to Islam what surah of the quran was being read by his sister and brother in law?

Wassalam

Arwa
05-04-2005, 06:33 PM
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Surah Ta-ha ayah 14?

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-04-2005, 06:38 PM
Assalamoalaykum-wa-rahmatullah-hey-wabarakatu

Surah Ta-ha ayah 14?
Yeh thats correct - not sure about the ayah 14 as far as I am aware it was Surah Taha from beginning

Okay everybody - what about the others (1,3 & 4)? I will wait till tomorrow Magrib time (UK) and then will give the answers inshallah.

In the meantime anyone got any questions (I really want to answer some questions!!!!)

Wassalam
Br ABDULLAH

Arwa
05-04-2005, 06:44 PM

Well... I read it was 14 but it could be wrong Allah alam :)

Ok... here's a question then :D

What did the children of Israel want to have after many years of having manna and salwa?

I hope it's not tooooooooooo easy :'(

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-05-2005, 06:39 AM
Assalamoalaikum-wa-rahmtullah-hey-wabrakatu

I know!

Ayat 61 Surah Baqara - Yukhrij lana mima tumbitul ardu mim bhakliha wa kissai ha wa fuumay ha wadasay ha wabasalay ha

so beseech thy Lord for us to produce for us of what the earth groweth, -its pot-herbs, and cucumbers, Its garlic, lentils, and onions."

Wassalam
Br ABDULLAH

BlissfullyJaded
05-05-2005, 07:37 AM

Not sure abt the 1st one either.. But here's 2nd and 4th..

2. Sayyidina Isa (Alayhis Salaam) will perform Fajr salaah behind Imaam Mahdi... He will kill Dajjal at the the gate of Ludd.

4. Sayyida Saffiya bint Huyayy (Radiallahu anha)

*unsure*

MetSudaisTwice
05-05-2005, 07:57 AM
bro Abdullah can u expand or explain more about question 1?

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-05-2005, 07:57 AM
4) Correct - Prophet married her after Khyber was taken over

Just 1 and 3 now!!

Heres a clue for no 1 - its a street but famous for a particular reason and there is a hadith narrated about this street the Prophet of Allah (upon whom be peace) recognised this street for a particular reason

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-05-2005, 08:02 AM
Heres one more to keep you going along with the others?

What is the name of the VERY FIRST mountain put on earth?

MetSudaisTwice
05-05-2005, 08:05 AM
bro Abdullah give us another clue on question1 and the first mountain? :confused: i have no idea, is it Hira or Everest? :-[

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-05-2005, 11:36 AM
Sorry no more clues for 1 otherwise I will be giveing away the answer.

What about 3 - the name of the person who removed the first brick for reconstruction?

Bro mst - sorry not the right answer - lets see if someone else gets it?

Sis Arwa - was the answer for your question correct?

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-05-2005, 04:21 PM
Answers

Question 1 - Ill leave this open a little longer

Question 3 - The first man to removethe stone from the kaaba for reconstruction was WALEED IBN MUGHEERA (father of Khalid bin Waleed)

First ever mountain - JABALAY ABI QUBAIS in Mecca

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-05-2005, 04:31 PM
OK some more questions:

1. What was the real name of Abu Bakr Siddiq (before and after Islam)

2. Who is Abu Rigal?

3. Who is the sahabi that said "I have a lot of knowledge" - so Allah swt sent an angel and the angel asked the sahabi an Ant has a ruh (soul) is it at the front or the back - at which this sahabi was ashemed he said this

4. There are 3 times when shaytaan never fails to leave a man and is always there - what are they (he told these things to Musa AS when they had a conversation)?

5. The Prophet of Allah (Sallallah-ho-alahi-wassalam) used to use what type of collyrium (surma) in his eyes?

Good luck inshallah you will get all these?

Arwa
05-05-2005, 04:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ABDULLAH SAOOD

I know!

Ayat 61 Surah Baqara - Yukhrij lana mima tumbitul ardu mim bhakliha wa kissai ha wa fuumay ha wadasay ha wabasalay ha

so beseech thy Lord for us to produce for us of what the earth groweth, -its pot-herbs, and cucumbers, Its garlic, lentils, and onions."

Wassalam
Br ABDULLAH
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatulllahi wa barakatuh

Spot on! :thumbs_up :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-05-2005, 05:06 PM

Spot on!
Jazakallah Khair

Ok let me put you all out of your misery

ZUGAGAL HAJR - this is the street (which is still there to this day - if you got to Mecca head towards Jannatul Mualla and ask any arab they will tell you) which the Prophet of Allah (Sallallaah-ho-alaihey-wassalam) said I still recognise even today because even before I became a Nabi there was a stone in this street that used to say salaam to me when I used to pass it and I still recognise that stone today - SUBHANALLAH!

What a shame it looks like I am gonna have to keep Shaykh Shuraims bisht!!!!!!!!!

Wassalam

Far7an
05-05-2005, 05:11 PM
Answer: before : Abdul Ka'aba after : Abdullah

Thats the only one I know of the 5 :(

I will do some research InshaAllah, Barakallah feek akhee this is surely a learning process.

Arwa
05-05-2005, 05:12 PM

Jazakallah Khair

Ok let me put you all out of your misery

ZUGAGAL HAJR - this is the street (which is still there to this day - if you got to Mecca head towards Jannatul Mualla and ask any arab they will tell you) which the Prophet of Allah (Sallallaah-ho-alaihey-wassalam) said I still recognise even today because even before I became a Nabi there was a stone in this street that used to say salaam to me when I used to pass it and I still recognise that stone today - SUBHANALLAH!

What a shame it looks like I am gonna have to keep Shaykh Shuraims bisht!!!!!!!!!

Wassalam

Heeey I was abouts to say that! (not!)
So gimme Sheikh Shuraim's bisht! ;D ;D ;D

wow subhanAllah...
I get the feeling that I've heard this before... *raises eyebrow and thinks*

hmmm

BlissfullyJaded
05-05-2005, 05:15 PM

Heard about the story, but never the street name. :'(

Jazakallah khair bro. :thumbs_up

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Bro Farhan thats correct mashallah!

Inshallah you will all be able to answer the other questions - may allah swt increase our knowledge of Islam!

So gimme Sheikh Shuraim's bisht!
I would have if you had given the correct answer!!!

Wassalam

Arwa
05-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Bro Farhan thats correct mashallah!

Inshallah you will all be able to answer the other questions - may allah swt increase our knowledge of Islam!

I would have if you had given the correct answer!!!

Wassalam

Seriously?

I was going to ask my Qur'an teacher today but I forgot! oh why oh why! :'(

Well, when there is another question with that exclusive offer.. then do not hesitate to notify me in advance! ;D

Insha'Allah Ima have a shot at the questions you have now posted. :D

Arwa
05-05-2005, 05:29 PM
-edit-

funn things going on :confused: sorry :confused:

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Seriously?
No I was JOKING - I dont know anyone who would give it away its priceless?!! It was just for motivational purposes!

Anyway, allah swt will inshallah reward you all in Jannah!

Insha'Allah Ima have a shot at the questions you have now posted.
Inshallah - good luck

Wassalam

Arwa
05-05-2005, 05:39 PM

hahaha

I know I know!
I was messing too :p

Maaan your questions are tough *thumbsup*

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-06-2005, 11:41 AM
:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :'( :'( :'(

Still NO ANSWERS!!

Inshallah I am sure you are all trying hard :confused:

Wassalam

MetSudaisTwice
05-06-2005, 11:47 AM
bro abdullah canyou tell me the full story or give me alink to net the internet where i can read about that special street? i really want to know more about this story
jazakallah

MetSudaisTwice
05-06-2005, 11:55 AM
is the surma that the Prophet (saw) used to use still available today?

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-06-2005, 01:30 PM
is the surma that the Prophet (saw) used to use still available today?
Yes I have some and if you want some (as I have lots of it) I will post it to you with the aqeeq ring inshallah.

I got it from a Shaykh in Medina!

S_87
05-06-2005, 02:06 PM
yh i tried seaching for number 1 :-[
couldnt find only transaltion :'(

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-06-2005, 02:19 PM
Walaykumasslam-wa-rahamtullah-hey-wabrkatu

yh i tried seaching for number 1
couldnt find only transaltion
Do you mean the Zugagl Hajr question? I have given the answer there are some new questions on page 38 I think - have a go at them!

(SORRY TO GO OFF TOPIC) Bro mst can you please clear your PM Box im trying to send you a message but you have exceeded your storage limit - jzakallah khair!

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-06-2005, 02:20 PM
Bro Zak

Its from Yemen and it begins with the letter I.

MetSudaisTwice
05-06-2005, 02:25 PM
*off topic* bro abdullah i have cleared it now

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-06-2005, 07:29 PM
Assalamoalaikum-wa-rahmatullah-hey-wabrakatu

2. Who is Abu Rigal?

3. Who is the sahabi that said "I have a lot of knowledge" - so Allah swt sent an angel and the angel asked the sahabi an Ant has a ruh (soul) is it at the front or the back - at which this sahabi was ashemed he said this

4. There are 3 times when shaytaan never fails to leave a man and is always there - what are they (he told these things to Musa AS when they had a conversation)?

5. The Prophet of Allah (Sallallah-ho-alahi-wassalam) used to use what type of collyrium (surma) in his eyes?
OK Answers

1. Abdul Kaaba (before) / Abdullah (after)

2. When Abraha made plans to attack Kaaba, he reached Taif where the TRibe of Banu Saqeef used to live and they sent Abu Rigal with Abraha (cuz they were scared that Abraha would defeat them if they stood in his way) to show them the way to Mecca. He died and when the arabs used to walk past his grave they used to stone as he was traitor.

3. Abdullah Ibn Abbas

4. 1. When a person goes for Jihad (he reminds them of family)
2. When there is a non married man and woman alone
3. When one gets angry (he eggs the person on)

5. Ithmid - it is a reddish colour from Yemen. The Prophet regularly used Ithmid before going to sleep and during the day.

I think I better shut up now too many questions and answers from me!

Wassalam Br ABDULLAH

Arwa
05-06-2005, 08:52 PM
wa alaikum assalam

Man I tried searching them but failed to find answers :'(

noo don't stop AS!

Your questions are good masha'Allah.. they increase your knowledge *nods*

Ra`eesah
05-07-2005, 03:41 AM
Assalamu'ALaykum

ithmid

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan..... i would have told u that if i wasnt 8 hours late!!!!!!

i am a shame to yemen...... :-[

wallahi wallahi wallahi.....:'(

btw u all know Shiek Sudais is in my family ;)

Far7an
05-07-2005, 11:30 AM
Assalamu alaikum warahmtullahi wabarakatuah

Ok my turn InshaAllah

1) What was the name of the pledge made by the Prophet Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) in his youth; ensuring that the rights of the weak were increased, and that injustices and violence supressed?

2) What was the name of the wet nurse that suckled Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) for only a few days before Halima as-Sadiyah took the position?

3) The incident of when Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) turned away from the blind man is recorded in which surah?

4) Abu Bakr (radiAllahu anhu) was appointed by Prophet Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) himself as the leader of the Hajj in which year of Hijrah?

Arwa
05-07-2005, 11:48 AM
wa alaikum assalm wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

3) The incident of when Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) turned away from the blind man is recorded in which surah?
Surah Abasa! :sister:

Far7an
05-07-2005, 11:51 AM
Assalamu alaikum warahmtullahi wabarakatuah <<full salaams...Abduallahs and arwa's influence

Yes MashaAllah Arwa, try answer the rest too InshAllah

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-07-2005, 12:09 PM
1. I think I know - will get back to you

2. I think I know - but will get back to you

3. Abasa (as already answered)

4. 9 Hijri - 8 al Hijri was when Hajj became Farz

Far7an
05-07-2005, 12:10 PM
3. Abasa (as already answered)

4. 9 Hijri - 8 al Hijri was when Hajj became Farz
Both correct MashaAllah

Arwa
05-07-2005, 12:12 PM
Assalamu alaikum warahmtullahi wabarakatuah <<full salaams...Abduallahs and arwa's influence

Yes MashaAllah Arwa, try answer the rest too InshAllah

lol and I got my influence from AS masha'Allah :thumbs_up

I will.. they are hard :-[ simply cos I don't know them! :'(
hmm

*goes on to search*

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-07-2005, 12:16 PM

Answers (just checked so that my memory wasn't failing me - happens in old age!!!!)

1. Thuyebah (concubine of Abu Lahab)

2. Al Fudoul Confederacy in the house of Abdullah bin Jadaan

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-07-2005, 12:17 PM
And why not when you can get 30 good deeds for such a simple task!

Far7an
05-07-2005, 12:27 PM

Answers (just checked so that my memory wasn't failing me - happens in old age!!!!)

1. Thuyebah (concubine of Abu Lahab)

2. Al Fudoul Confederacy in the house of Abdullah bin Jadaan
Wa alaikumusalaam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Na'am MashaAllah both correct :)

And why not when you can get 30 good deeds for such a simple task!
Barakallah feek, may Allah reward you :)

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-07-2005, 12:29 PM
Jazakallah Khair

Greaat questions bro!

Barakallah feek, may Allah reward you
Ameen bro - may allah reward us all.

Arwa
05-07-2005, 01:54 PM
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi barakatuh :sister:

Ok.. here are some questions from me..

They aren't hard I don't think :thumbs_up

1) Who were Harut and Marut?

2) Who was Zayd Ibn Harith?

3) What was prescribed by Allah for believers today which was prescribed for earlier people also?

4) Who is called Hanif in the Qur'an?

5) Which people carved houses out of rock of mountain with great skill?

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-07-2005, 02:00 PM
Walaykumasslam-wa-rahmatullah-hey-wabrakatu

Great questions mashallah.

I know most of the answers but will let the others have a go inshallah.

Wassalam

Arwa
05-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Walaykumasslam-wa-rahmatullah-hey-wabrakatu

Great questions mashallah.

I know most of the answers but will let the others have a go inshallah.

Wassalam
masha'Allah you have so much knowlede!! :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up

Arwa
05-07-2005, 02:15 PM
1)Angels who showed evils of Black magic, n warned against using it.
Yeah ..

The angels were sent to the people of Babylon

2:102 They followed what the evil ones gave out (falsely) against the power of Solomon: the blasphemers Were, not Solomon, but the evil ones, teaching men Magic, and such things as came down at babylon to the angels Harut and Marut. But neither of these taught anyone (Such things) without saying: "We are only for trial; so do not blaspheme." They learned from them the means to sow discord between man and wife. But they could not thus harm anyone except by Allah's permission. And they learned what harmed them, not what profited them. And they knew that the buyers of (magic) would have no share in the happiness of the Hereafter. And vile was the price for which they did sell their souls, if they but knew!

(I remember SS reciting that ^ ;D )
2)Companion of Prophet :p
wrong?

3) Siyaam
wrong?

4) Ibraheem [a.s] ???
Yeah..

3:67 Abraham was not a Jew nor yet a Christian; but he was true in Faith, and bowed his will to Allah's (Which is Islam), and he joined not gods with Allah.

مَا كَانَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ يَهُودِيًّا وَلاَ نَصْرَانِيًّا وَلَكِن كَانَ حَنِيفًا مُّسْلِمًا وَمَا كَانَ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ

5) errrrrm qaum e Lut / Samood / Aaad :-[ don't remember exactly
Say one :p

Ibn Syed
05-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Assalamu alaikum warahmtullahi wabarakatuah

I think it is recorded in surah Anfaal. His name was Ibn Mukhtoom. He came to ask the prophet(pbuh) some questions but was turned away. The prophet(pbuh) was talking to the Quraishi leaders and the prophet(pbuh) wanted them to learn a bout Islam. Afterwards Allah revealed the verse to the prophet(pbuh).

Arwa
05-07-2005, 03:06 PM
2) ADOPTED SON :p ;)

5) Thamud

Yes yes.

5)

26:149 "And ye carve houses out of (rocky) mountains with great skill.

Arwa
05-07-2005, 03:36 PM
so all's correct.

innit ??

3) Fasting is right answer :p
yeah
my mistake.. I didn't read what you wrote first time properrly :sister: :thumbs_up

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Assalamoalaikum-wa--rahmatullah-hey-wabrkatu

Well done Bro Zak! Heres some more detailed information about question 2:

Zayd Ibn Harris - when he was a little boy he was mistakenly taken and sold as a slave. Hazratay Khadija bought him and put him in the service of the Prophet of Allah (Sallallah-ho-alahi-wassalm). He was infact the son of Harris and when his father found him he asked Zayd lets go son after a long time I have found him.

The Prophet said let the child decide - and Zayd said I want to stay - SUBHANALLAH. People used to call him Zayd ibn MUHAMMAD as they thought he was a son and the Prophet also treated him like a son.

He was married to Zaynab but later divroced her and by the command of Allah SWT - the Prophet (Sallallah-ho-alahi-wassalm) married Zaynab.

He was the first in the slaves to accept Islam!

masha'Allah you have so much knowlede!!
One can never have enough knowledge about Islam - our knowledge ends the day we die!

Wassalam
Br ABDULLAH

Arwa
05-07-2005, 05:03 PM
Assalamoalaikum-wa--rahmatullah-hey-wabrkatu

Well done Bro Zak! Heres some more detailed information about question 2:

Zayd Ibn Harris - when he was a little boy he was mistakenly taken and sold as a slave. Hazratay Khadija bought him and put him in the service of the Prophet of Allah (Sallallah-ho-alahi-wassalm). He was infact the son of Harris and when his father found him he asked Zayd lets go son after a long time I have found him.

The Prophet said let the child decide - and Zayd said I want to stay - SUBHANALLAH. People used to call him Zayd ibn MUHAMMAD as they thought he was a son and the Prophet also treated him like a son.

He was married to Zaynab but later divroced her and by the command of Allah SWT - the Prophet (Sallallah-ho-alahi-wassalm) married Zaynab.

He was the first in the slaves to accept Islam!

Wassalam
Br ABDULLAH

wow.. I didn't know that :omg:

Jazkaallah for telling :thumbs_up

One can never have enough knowledge about Islam - our knowledge ends the day we die!
No doubt :sister:

Ra`eesah
05-08-2005, 04:27 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

{edit}

we can carry on with other Questions inshallah.

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-08-2005, 01:18 PM
Assalamo-alaikum-wa-rahamtullah-hey-wabrkatu

Ok (seeing as no has tried yet) I will answer the first 2:

1. Abu Ayub Ansari

2. 8 Hijri

Ra`eesah
05-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Mashallah very good...
but the second qn is wrong

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-08-2005, 03:56 PM
but the second qn is wrong
U sure - Im positive it was 8 Hijri and then 9 Hijri Prophet (Sallallah-ho-walahi-wassalam) sent Abu Bakr and Ali to perform?????

If not when was it then?

Ra`eesah
05-09-2005, 02:04 AM
ASSLAMAU'aLAYKUM

THE ANSWER IS HIJRA 9.......

(thats what i got if wrong plz forgive me, i will double check)

Ibn Syed
05-09-2005, 02:09 AM
You better. JUST KIDDING!

Ra`eesah
05-12-2005, 08:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibn Syed
You better. JUST KIDDING!

Assalamu'Alaykum

it took me 3 days and 14 hours to try to understand ur post.... are u talking to me? :omg:

MetSudaisTwice
05-12-2005, 08:43 AM
does anyone know the answers to bro zak's questions?

Far7an
05-27-2005, 03:24 PM
Assalamu alaikum, Im dissapointed to see less activity in this thread :(

Let me have a go at the questions InshaAllah

-Whos home did nabi (sallahu 3alayhe wasalaam) stay in when he first came to Madinah.
Abu Ayoub Al-Ansari (may Allah be pleased with him)

- When did Hajj become fardh.
In the ninth year after Hijrah

- Who started the muslim Calender and when.

When the prophet made hijrah

The number of months in the sight of Allah is twelve (in a year)- so ordained by Him the day He created the heavens and the earth; of them four are sacred: that is the straight usage. So wrong not yourselves therein, and fight the Pagans all together as they fight you all together. But know that Allah is with those who restrain themselves.
Verily the transposing (of a prohibited month) is an addition to Unbelief: the Unbelievers are led to wrong thereby: for they make it lawful one year, and forbidden another year, in order to adjust the number of months forbidden by Allah and make such forbidden ones lawful. The evil of their course seems pleasing to them. But Allah guideth not those who reject Faith.

Surah tawba ayah 36 and 37

- What Lang. was the first translated Quran and who accomplished it?
Persian by Zaid ibn Thabit ???
- Who will be thrown in Jahanam (Hell Fire) first?
The Women

- Who will be the first to be Questioned on the Day of Qiyamah?
Jibraeel (alaihis salaam)

- Who was the first person that hair turned White/gray.
Adam or Nuh ???
- Who said the first Subhanallah and why?
Jibraeel (alaihis salaam) when he saw the thrown of Allah

Far7an
05-27-2005, 03:48 PM
Assalamu 'alaikum

someone verify answers please :)

Z
05-27-2005, 04:02 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Who will be thrown in Jahanam (Hell Fire) first?

The Women
lolz

I'm thinking it will be the prophets uncle?

Z
05-27-2005, 04:25 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Eeek, I've got something wrong haven't ? I mean the one who like umm you know.. I can't remember now. Was it his uncle? :-[

h1jabi_sista
05-27-2005, 04:28 PM
are you talking about abu jahl?

Z
05-27-2005, 04:45 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

No, Abu Lahab.

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-27-2005, 04:55 PM
Assalamo-alaikum-wa-rahmatullah-hey-wabarakatu

Mashallah good attempt Bro Farhan and I agree we should be posting more on here - I would urge other members to participate so that we can all increase our knowledge inshallah.

Can we have some comfirmation of the answers please????? As I would be interested to know some of the answers.

Wassalam
Br ABDULLAH

Arwa
05-27-2005, 05:27 PM
Yup, I'd like to know the answers too .. the person who gave the questions needs to confirm.. someone PM the person :lol:

Ra`eesah
05-27-2005, 06:36 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Subhanallah, 2 weeks since i posted those qn. and it has been 2 weeks since this thread was dead. i felt really bad that i was the one that killed the excitement so i took them off but brother zAk some how reposted them anyhow and then Subhanallah in one day a brother comes and tries all the questions just for the sake of Allah...and this thread is back and running. Alhamdulillaah may Allah reward you abundently. ok the answers to these questions are.

-Whos home did nabi (sallahu 3alayhe wasalaam) stay in when he first came to Madinah.

The home of Hazrat Abu Ayub Ansaari (radi Allahu anhu) was the first place

- When did Hajj become fardh.

The first Hajj became Fardh in the year 9 A.H.

- Who started the muslim Calender and when.

Sayyiduna Umar (radi Allahu anhu).

- What Lang. was the first translated Quran and who accomplished it?

The first translation of the Holy Quran was in Persian. Sayyiduna Sheikh Saadi Shiraazi (radi Allahu anhu) accomplished it.

- Who will be thrown in Jahanam (Hell Fire) first?

Br. Farhan you wish it was women.

The first person to be put into Hell will be Qaabil.

- Who will be the first to be Questioned on the Day of Qiyamah?

Sayyiduna Jibraeel (alaihis salaam) will be the first person to be questioned on the Day of Qiyamah

- Who was the first person that hair turned White/gray.

Ibrahim (alaihis salaam).

- Who said the first Subhanallah and why?

Jibraeel (alaihis salaam) when he saw the beauty of the Arsh.

note: since these dont have hadith refrences dont take my word for it but this is what i read.

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Assalamo-alaikum-wa-rahmatullahi-wabrakatu

Jazakallah khair Sis

Right come on who's next with the questions (I think I have asked too many already!!)

Arwa
05-27-2005, 06:40 PM
Jazakallah khair :D

I didn't know any of the answers :sister:

ummm.. I might post some later on insha'allah..

Danish
05-27-2005, 06:47 PM
how many ppl accompanied prophet as he left Madinah and and how many left behind?

Arwa
05-29-2005, 03:18 PM
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Danish? .. confirmation?

Arwa
05-30-2005, 05:53 PM

Why don't you PM him?

Danish
05-31-2005, 12:35 PM
From one biography book on Prophet:
Abu bakar, Prophet and one more sahaba was left. Abu bakar and Prophet left for madinah whilst the other sahaba stayed to return all the things of Mekkah ppl, which was in Prophet's keeping.
so tha answer is only abu bakar, the story further continues on to tell how Prophet and Abu bakar went in a cave, and a spider wove a web and dove laid eggs on it.

Danish
05-31-2005, 12:37 PM
I think he's busy consuming pastries
no wasnt eating patries, but i was wAking something...it was the biggest wAk, bAk, lAk zAk ever got, right?

Danish
05-31-2005, 02:03 PM
n wat i read was Prophet saws was accompanied by Hazrat Abu Bakr r.a, who also took his slave alongwid.
remember the story of Suraqa bin Malik,
that also tells there were 3 persons.
u sure? i heard when Prophet arrived at madinah, abu bakar got off his camel to show Prophet Muhammed was the Prophet of Allah not abu bakar?

Arwa
05-31-2005, 04:05 PM
Why don't you ask one zAK?

Arwa
05-31-2005, 04:10 PM
Practise makes perfect :p

Go on, have a shot :D

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-31-2005, 04:10 PM
Assalamo-alaikum-wa-rahmtuallahi-wabrakatu

Yeah Zak "SST - Wannabe" :p ask a question bro.....................

Arwa
05-31-2005, 04:21 PM
assalamu alaikum wa rahmatllahi wa barakatu

Insha'Allah.. you better :D

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-31-2005, 04:22 PM
waAlaykum Assalaam waRahamtullahi waBarakatuhu !! :) :) :)

yeah you better bro............I won't be able to sleep properly tonight in anticipation.............

Arwa
05-31-2005, 04:25 PM
:lol: ;D ;D

ABDULLAH SAOOD
06-03-2005, 07:03 AM
Assalamoalaikum-warhamatullahi-wabarakatu

3) Abu Bakr's slave
4) a Guide [to show the path]
Must admit a bit dissappointed that no one has had a try at this question :( :( :(
its not everyday we are HONOURED with a question from bro Zak

Here are the answers:

3) Amir bin Fuhairah

4) Abdullah Bin Uraiquit

Ok here is a question (its easy) which sahabi was told by the Prophet of Allah (sallallah-ho-alahi-wassalam) that this companion of mine has been given the speech of Dawood (alahi-salaam) due to his beautiful recitation of the quran al qareem?

ABDULLAH SAOOD
06-03-2005, 09:24 AM
Assalamo-alaikum-wa-rahmtuallahi-wabrakatu

Zak can you confirm my answers are correct??????

ABDULLAH SAOOD
06-03-2005, 09:37 AM

Jazkallah khair bro

Ok here is a question (its easy) which sahabi was told by the Prophet of Allah (sallallah-ho-alahi-wassalam) that this companion of mine has been given the speech of Dawood (alahi-salaam) due to his beautiful recitation of the quran al qareem?
Come on someone answer my question plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wassalam

ABDULLAH SAOOD
06-03-2005, 09:59 AM
Walaykum-assalam-warahmatuallahi-wabrakatu

Ubay bin Ka'ab [r.a]
Nope wrong answer - but yeah he was a gr8 Qari of the quran

ABDULLAH SAOOD
06-03-2005, 07:53 PM
Assalamo-alaikum-warahmatullahi-wabrakatu

Still no answer :( :( :( :(

Far7an
06-03-2005, 08:10 PM
wa alaikumusalaam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

I was going to say Ubay bin Ka'ab too

what about Abu Musa (ra)??

ABDULLAH SAOOD
06-03-2005, 08:12 PM

Mashallah correct :applaud: :applaud: :thumbs_up - ABU MUSA ASHARI (radiallahanho)

The Prophet of Allah (sallallah-hoalahi-wassalam) said that I can tell you when I hear the quran being recited whose house is the Ashari family houses - due to the way they recite the quran!

Ok eagerly awaiting next question.........

Wassalam

Far7an
06-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Assalamu 'alaikum

In the quran the story is mentioned of the muslims whom Allah saved from evil by sending them to sleep for several years in a protected cave with their dog. What are they called in Quran?

Brother AS, zAk and Arwa are not allowed to answer :brother:

ABDULLAH SAOOD
06-03-2005, 09:12 PM
Walaykumassalam-warahmtullahi-wabrakatu

Brother AS, zAk and Arwa are not allowed to answer
:'( :'( :'( :( :( :( :( :coolbro:

Arwa
06-03-2005, 09:14 PM
Assalamu 'alaikum

In the quran the story is mentioned of the muslims whom Allah saved from evil by sending them to sleep for several years in a protected cave with their dog. What are they called in Quran?

ooooh! I even know the answer!

Not fair.. :'(
Didn't you read the 'Justice' khutbah I posted?! :omg: ;D ;D

Nevermind! :sister: :p

أحمد
06-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Assalamu 'alaikum

;DYou've basicaaly answered your own question; the People of the Cave, who slept for 3 centuries. The story is in Surah al-Kahf (The Cave) . . .

~*islam4me*~
06-04-2005, 07:11 AM
as a complimet???hehe

Far7an
06-04-2005, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Waheed

;DYou've basicaaly answered your own question; the People of the Cave, who slept for 3 centuries. The sotry is in Surah al-Kahf (The Cave) . . .

Assalamu 'alaikum

:) ok smart boy....read the question again

What are they called in Quran?
Araby please

soulja-ess
06-04-2005, 05:36 PM

is it as7aab al-kahf? :-\

Far7an
06-04-2005, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by soulja-ess

is it as7aab al-kahf? :-\

Assalamu 'alaikum

MashaAllah :thumbs_up Correct answer :)

Next question please.

Arwa
06-04-2005, 06:20 PM

Well done soulja-ess :applaud: :sister:

Ok.. I'll ask a question. :zip:

Easy peasy so I'm going to ask 2. :p

1) How were the Prophets Yahya alayhi salam and Isa alayhi salam related?

2) What did Fir'own/Pharoah, want to build so as to ''see the Lord of the Prophet Musa alayhi salam'

:zip:

soulja-ess
06-04-2005, 07:09 PM

1) How were the Prophets Yahya alayhi salam and Isa alayhi salam related? was isa alayhi alsalam's mum yahya alayhi alsalam's cousin?

2) What did Fir'own/Pharoah, want to build so as to ''see the Lord of the Prophet Musa alayhi salam' he wanted to build a sara7 dont know the translation in english is it a large tower or something? neways some1 else can translate it :p

Arwa
06-04-2005, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by soulja-ess

1) How were the Prophets Yahya alayhi salam and Isa alayhi salam related? was isa alayhi alsalam's mum yahya alayhi alsalam's cousin?

2) What did Fir'own/Pharoah, want to build so as to ''see the Lord of the Prophet Musa alayhi salam' he wanted to build a sara7 dont know the translation in english is it a large tower or something? neways some1 else can translate it :p

Well done! :applaud: :applaud:

Yep yep! Both right. :D

Lofty tower. ;)

Neeeeext!

أحمد
06-04-2005, 07:46 PM

:zip: Fir'aun get together his magician against Musa (as):

:D Musa (as) drops:

1. A snake; which turns into a frog
  2. A stick; which turns into a giant snake
  3. A scarf; which turns into a goat
  4. A pair of specticles; that turns into a hat
  5. A paper airoplane; which turns into a boat
  6. A mouse; which turns into a cat
  7. A tomato; which turns into jelly fish
  8. A mobile phone; that turns into a car

soulja-ess
06-04-2005, 07:48 PM

A walking stick; which turns into a giant snake

next :)

Arwa
06-04-2005, 07:48 PM

A stick; which turns into a giant snake

Arwa
06-04-2005, 07:49 PM

hehe we both posted at the same time. :p

Why don't you ask this time?

Ibn Syed
number 2 easy peasy. :) Next question.

Arwa
-Edit-

أحمد
06-04-2005, 07:52 PM

:D A famous miracle:

:shade: The Prophet (saw) split . . .
  1. A cake
  2. The moon
  3. A bar of chocolate

Arwa
06-04-2005, 07:54 PM

The moon!

أحمد
06-04-2005, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Arwa

The moon!

:applaud: Very good; we've got some very well educated people in this forum . . . Alhamdulillah . . . :shade:

ABDULLAH SAOOD
06-04-2005, 08:05 PM
Assalamo-alaikum-warahmtullahi-wabrakatu

Ok here is my question - who is the unlucky kaafir who placed a the dirty foteus of a she camel on the back of the our Great Prophet Muhammad Arabi (Sallallah-hoalahi-wassalam) NAOZOBILLAH whilst he was in sujood praying in Kaabah. Fatima Zahara then removed in when she saw what was happening?

Arwa
06-04-2005, 08:13 PM

Abu Jahl?

ABDULLAH SAOOD
06-04-2005, 08:14 PM

Good attempt - but wrong answer sorry!

Abu Jahl did egg this person on though!

soulja-ess
06-04-2005, 08:16 PM

is it abu-lahb?

ABDULLAH SAOOD
06-04-2005, 08:18 PM

is it abu-lahb?
No sorry not him - good attempt though

soulja-ess
06-04-2005, 08:19 PM

abu-lahb's wife?

okay im outa ideas lol

Arwa
06-04-2005, 08:21 PM

Abu Jahl was the one who asked who would go and such a filthy act right?

Was it one of these? :p

'Utba bin Rabi'a, Shabia bin Rabi'a, Walid bin 'Uqba, Umayya bin Khalaf, 'Uqba bin Abu Mu'ait ?

ABDULLAH SAOOD
06-04-2005, 08:24 PM
Yes it is 'Uqba bin Abu Mu'ait - well done

Next question pls............

Arwa
06-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Ok.. I'll ask. :D

Narrated Hadrat Abu Is'haq (may Allah be pleased with him): Hadrat Al-Bara' was asked, "Was the face of the Prophet (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) (as bright) as a sword?" He said , "No, but (as bright) as the .............." (Bukhari)

As the what? :D

Easy. :zip:

soulja-ess
06-04-2005, 08:29 PM

Narrated Hadrat Abu Is'haq (may Allah be pleased with him): Hadrat Al-Bara' was asked, "Was the face of the Prophet (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) (as bright) as a sword?" He said , "No, but (as bright) as the moon" (Bukhari)

k'al-badr.....................as bright as the moon...

Arwa
06-04-2005, 08:31 PM

Well done! :applaud:

Neeeeext!

ABDULLAH SAOOD
06-04-2005, 08:53 PM
Asslamo-alaikum-warahmatullahi-wabrakatu

Ok - what are the FIVE things that allah swt has stated in the quran al qareem that only he and only he has knowledge about?

Arwa
06-04-2005, 09:07 PM

Narrated By Salim Bin Abdullah on authority of his father: Allah's Apostle said, "The key of the unseen are five: "Verily with Allah (alone) is the knowledge of the Hour. He sends down the rain and knows what is in the wombs. No soul knows what it will earn tomorrow, and no soul knows in what land it will die. Verily, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware." (31.34) [Bukhari: 4351]

ABDULLAH SAOOD
06-04-2005, 09:17 PM
Asslamo-alaikum-warahmatullahi-wabrakatu

Mashallah correct :applaud: :applaud:

Next question pls................

Arwa
06-04-2005, 09:24 PM

ummm...

For how many years did Uthman, Radillahu anhu, stay as Khalifah?

Ibn Syed
06-04-2005, 10:03 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I should know this one.

Far7an
06-05-2005, 01:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Arwa
For how many years did Uthman, Radillahu anhu, stay as Khalifah?
Wa alaikumusalaam warahmatullahi wababarakatuh

Is the answer 12 years?

Arwa
06-05-2005, 01:18 AM
Well done! :applaud:

Neeeeext!

ABDULLAH SAOOD
06-06-2005, 08:06 AM

Come on guyz don't be shy all you have to do is ask a question!!! Its easy........

Ok what is the name of the 2 orphans from whom the land of Masjid Nabvi (Sallallah-hoalahi-wassalam) was purchased????

ABDULLAH SAOOD
06-06-2005, 09:42 AM

Correct Mashallah :applaud: - The young Ansaari orphans, Sahil and Suhail bin Amr Najjari, were the owners of this piece of land

Next question pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez............

Arwa
06-06-2005, 04:58 PM
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Ok.. I'll ask :p

Who led the janazah of Umar radiallahu anhu?

:zip: :zip: :zip:

ABDULLAH SAOOD
06-06-2005, 05:15 PM

Good question mashallah - gotta go and do some research I dont know the answer :omg:

Arwa
06-06-2005, 05:29 PM
heard tht first time from u Br AS :omg:

Innit masha'Allah. :sister:

Hehe..I caught him! :shade: :applaud: :applaud: :p

ABDULLAH SAOOD
06-06-2005, 08:01 PM

Was it ABDULLAH IBN UMAR????

Arwa
06-06-2005, 08:03 PM

No .. :zip: Sorry .. :zip: ...

ABDULLAH SAOOD
06-06-2005, 08:05 PM
Saad Ibn Abbi Waqqas????

Arwa
06-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Nope.. :zip: ..

ABDULLAH SAOOD
06-06-2005, 08:14 PM
Uthman Ibn Affan??

Arwa
06-06-2005, 08:16 PM
Nooooo.... :zip:

ABDULLAH SAOOD
06-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Suhayb Ar Rumi???

If not right I need some help guyz.................I aint gonna b able to sleep tonight!!!!!!!

Arwa
06-06-2005, 08:20 PM
:lol: ;D

I think you've got it now.. :p

It's Suhayb may Allah be pleased with him, but I don't know the second name. :zip:

ABDULLAH SAOOD
06-06-2005, 08:22 PM
Allhumdoillah :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Got there in the end!!!

Yeah it is Suhayb Ar Rumi - when Amir Ul Momineen (radiallanho) was made shaheed he put Suhayb forward to lead the prayer (as it was whilst leading salaat Amir Ul Momineen was stabbed).

Phew................next question plz

Arwa
06-06-2005, 08:24 PM
Allhumdoillah :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Got there in the end!!!

Yeah it is Suhayb Ar Rumi - when Amir Ul Momineen (radiallanho) was made shaheed he put Suhayb forward to lead the prayer (as it was whilst leading salaat Amir Ul Momineen was stabbed).

Phew................next question plz

aah right okay.. I didn't know that.. jazakallah khair :sister: ..

hmm.. shall I post an easy one or hard? :p

Or why don't you post one??

ABDULLAH SAOOD
06-06-2005, 08:24 PM
Here is a short biography

SUHAYB AR-RUMI

About 20 years before the start of the Prophet's mission, that is about the middle of the sixth century CE, an Arab named Sinan Ibn Malik governed the city of al-Uballah on behalf of the Persian emperor. The city, which is now part of Basrah, lay on the banks of the Euphrates River.

Sinan lived in a luxurious palace. He had many children and was particularly fond of one of them who was then barely five years old, named Suhayb. He was active and alert and gave much pleasure to his father.

One day Suhayb's mother took him and some members of her household to a village called ath-Thani for a picnic. What was to be a relaxing and enjoyable day turned out to be a terrifying experience that was to change the course of young Suhayb's life forever.

That day, the village of ath-Thani was attacked by a raiding party of Byzantine soldiers. The guards accompanying the picnic party were overwhelmed and killed. All possessions were seized and a large number of persons were taken prisoners. Among these was Suhayb Ibn Sinan.

Suhayb was taken to one of the slave markets of the Byzantine Empire, the capital of which was Constantinople. Thereafter he passed from the hands of one slave master to another.

For about 20 years he stayed in Byzantine lands. This gave him the opportunity to get a rare knowledge and understanding of the Byzantine Empire and society. In the palaces of the aristocracy, he saw with his own eyes the injustices and the corruption of Byzantine life. He tested that society and later would say to himself: "A society like this can only be purified by a deluge."

Suhayb grew up speaking Greek. He practically forgot Arabic. He longed for the day when he would be free again to join his people. At the first opportunity, Suhayb escaped from bondage and headed straight for Makkah. There people called him Suhayb "Ar-Rumi" or "the Byzantine" because of his peculiarly heavy speech and his blond hair. Later, he engaged in trade and prospered and became quite rich.

One day he returned to Makkah from one of his trading journeys. He was told that Muhammad (SAWS) had begun calling people to believe in Allah alone, commanding them to be just and to do good deeds and prohibiting them from shameful and reprehensible deeds. He immediately enquired who Muhammad was and where he stayed. He was told:

"(He stays) in the house of al-Arqam Ibn Abi al-Arqam. Be careful however that no one of the tribe of Quraysh sees you. If they see you they would do (the most terrible things to you)"

Suhayb went cautiously to the house of al-Arqam. At the door he found 'Ammar Ibn Yasir and entered together and listened to what Muhammad was saying. They were both readily convinced of the truth of his message.

The light of faith entered their hearts. At this meeting, they pledged fealty to the Prophet (SAWS), declaring that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah. They spent the entire day in the company of the noble Prophet.

Then the familiar pattern of events followed. The idolatrous Quraysh learnt about Suhayb's acceptance of Islam and began harassing and persecuting him. Suhayb bore his share of the persecution in the same way as Bilal, 'Ammar and his mother Sumayyah. The punishment was inhuman and severe but Suhayb bore it all with a patient and courageous heart because he knew that the path to Jannah is paved with thorns and difficulties.

When the Prophet (SAWS) eventually gave permission for his followers to migrate to Madinah, Suhayb resolved to go in the company of the Prophet (SAWS) and Abu Bakr. But Quraysh, however, foiled his plans.

After the departure of the Prophet (SAWS) and Abu Bakr, Suhayb continued to bide his time, waiting for an opportunity to join them. The eyes of his guards were ever alert and watchful. The only way out was to resort to a stratagem.

One cold night, Suhayb pretended he had some stomach problems and went out repeatedly as if responding to calls of nature. His captors said one to another: "Don't worry. Al-Lat and al-'Uzza are keeping him busy with his stomach."

They became relaxed and sleep got the better of them. Suhayb quietly slipped out as if he was going to the toilet. He armed himself and headed to Madinah. When his captors awoke, they realised that Suhayb was gone. They got horses ready and set out in hot pursuit and eventually caught up with him. Seeing them approach. Suhayb clambered up a hill. Holding his bow and arrow at the ready, he shouted: "Men of Quraysh! You know, by God, by God, that I am one of the best archers and my aim is unerring. By God, if you come near me, with each arrow I have, I shall kill one of you. Then I shall strike with my sword."

One of them responded: "By God, we shall not let you escape from us with your life and money. You came to Makkah weak and poor and you have acquired what you have acquired."

"What would you say if I leave you my wealth?" interrupted Suhayb. "Would you get out of my way?" "Yes." they agreed. Suhayb described the place in his house in Makkah where he had left the money, and they allowed him to go.

He set off as quickly as he could for Madinah cherishing the prospect of being with the Prophet and of having the freedom to worship God in peace. When Suhayb reached Quba, just outside Madinah where the Prophet (SAWS) alighted after his Hijrah (emigration), the Prophet (SAWS) saw him approaching. He was overjoyed and greeted Suhayb with beaming smiles.
Allah Says, "And there is a type of man who gives his life to earn the pleasure of God. And God is full of kindness to His servants." (The Holy Quran, 2:207).

The Prophet (SAWS) loved Suhayb a great deal. He was commended by the Prophet (SAWS) and described as preceding the Byzantines to Islam. In addition to his piety and sobriety, Suhayb was also light-hearted at times and had a good sense of humour. Suhayb was also known for his generosity. He was a good example of the Quranic verse: "And they give food, for the love of God, to the needy, the orphan and the captive."(Holy Quran, 76:8)

He was selected by 'Umar Ibn al-Khattab to lead the Muslims in the period between his death and the choosing of his successor.

In the period when there was no Khalifah, Suhayb was given the responsibility and the honour of leading the Salat and of being, in other words, the head of the Muslim community.

Once during the time of the Prophet, a hypocrite named Qays Ibn Mutatiyah tried to pour scorn and disgrace on sections of the community. Qays had come upon a study circle (halqah) in which were Salman al-Farsi (the Persian), Suhayb Ar-Rumi (the Byzantine) and Bilal al-Habashi (the Abyssinian), may God be pleased with them, and remarked: "The Aws an the Khazraj have stood up in defence of this man (Muhammad). And what are these people doing with him?"

Mu'adh was furious and informed the Prophet (SAWS) of what Qays had said. The Prophet (SAWS) was very angry. He entered the Mosque and the Call to Prayer was given. He then stood up, praised and glorified God and said: "Your Lord is One. Your ancestor is one. Your religion is one. Take heed! Arabism is not conferred on you through your mother or father. It is through the tongue (i.e. the language of Arabic), so whoever speaks Arabic, he is an Arab."

ABDULLAH SAOOD
06-06-2005, 08:26 PM
You ask - I have asked loads...................(or maybe someone else can have a go inshallah!)

junna1
06-06-2005, 08:29 PM

:omg: Are you sure that is a short bio? that is waaaaaaay tooooooo long to read. ;D

Arwa
06-06-2005, 08:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by junna1

:omg: Are you sure that is a short bio? that is waaaaaaay tooooooo long to read. ;D

nooo read it! I just finished reading!

Masha'Allah, I didn't know any of that! :-[

Allah Says, "And there is a type of man who gives his life to earn the pleasure of God. And God is full of kindness to His servants." (The Holy Quran, 2:207).
Subhanallah, it's exactly what Suhayb may Allah be pleased with him did!!

Jazkallah khair for the bio AS. :D :D

Ok fine.. I'll ask.. :zip:

Question:

How old was Uthman ibn Affan radiallahu anhu, when he passed away?

:zip: :zip:

Arwa
06-07-2005, 03:58 PM

72 years ???

Very

Close! :zip:

Ra`eesah
06-07-2005, 04:41 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

ok next question

Arwa
06-07-2005, 04:43 PM
71/73 ??? :p

tht was my hijri years calculations tht led to 72 :brother:

I've got something else written with me.. :zip:

Ibn Syed
06-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Umm, How many mujahideen were in the battle of Badr and in Uhud????

Umm_Qaylah
06-08-2005, 01:17 AM
As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuh,
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibn Syed
Umm, How many mujahideen were in the battle of Badr and in Uhud????
If I remember correctly, there were only 313 sahabah at the battle of Badr and 700 at Uhud after 'Abdullaah bin Ubai's 300 munafiqeen were cleared from Prophet Muhammad (saw)'s army.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Wa'alaykum As-Salaam Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuh.

muslimaah
06-08-2005, 10:40 AM
70 muslim 65 ansaars 5 emigrants

Arwa
06-08-2005, 05:49 PM
It said 82 years old..

Neeeext..

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-08-2005, 05:50 PM
next what sis? :anger:

أحمد
06-08-2005, 05:54 PM

:D Laa ilaha illallah is mentioned in the Quran; how many times?
  • 30,000,000,000 times
  • 400,000 times
  • 700 times
  • 25 times
  • 24 times
  • 18 times
  • 12 times
  • Twice
  • Once
  • Never

أحمد
06-09-2005, 09:44 AM

• 30,000,000,000 times
  • 400,000 times
  • 700 times
  • 25 times
  • 24 times
  • 18 times
  • 12 times
  • Twice
  • Once
  • Never

:D Anyone other than zAK can answer . . . :p

أحمد
06-09-2005, 01:11 PM

• 30,000,000,000 times
  • 400,000 times
  • 700 times
  • 25 times
  • 24 times
  • 18 times
  • 12 times
  • Twice
  • Once
  • Never

:D A CLUE: Spot the more obvious options. The Quran Doesn't have millions of verses . . . ;D

junna1
06-10-2005, 12:00 AM

Just guessing. Is it 25 times?

Ra`eesah
06-10-2005, 12:12 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

24 times

junna1
06-10-2005, 12:35 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

24 times

Are you guessing or is that the right answer sis?

أحمد
06-10-2005, 11:41 AM

Are you guessing or is that the right answer sis?

:) No :sister: 3washey's guessing, because 24 is definately the wrong answer . . . :D Try again . . .; you also got it wrong . . .

junna1
06-10-2005, 12:23 PM

Is it 700?

أحمد
06-10-2005, 12:27 PM

Is it 700?

:D Sub-haan-Allah; keep trying, the options are limited, and its in the list; so you'll get it soon enough Insha-Allah . . . :p

junna1
06-10-2005, 12:28 PM

400,000 times?

MetSudaisTwice
06-10-2005, 12:31 PM
salam
i think it is 12 times

أحمد
06-10-2005, 12:32 PM

400,000 times?

;DSub-haan-Allah . . . :sister: There's not that many verses in the Quran; never mind the occurance of the first part of shahadah . . . ;D Please try again . . . :p You're not far from guessing it right . . . :D

أحمد
06-10-2005, 12:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
i think it is 12 times

:D You're not far from the correct answer yourself . . .:p please try again . . . :D

junna1
06-10-2005, 12:36 PM

;DSub-haan-Allah . . . :sister: There's not that many verses in the Quran; never mind the occurance of the first part of shahadah . . . ;D Please try again . . . :p You're not far from guessing it right . . . :D

Don't you dare laugh at me, you make me feel dumb. :mad: :D Well is it 18 times? btw pinkrose thinks your avatar and your quote and your colorful writing makes you look like a mad genius. ;D ;D ;D Don't get angry because she doesn't mean a bad way. :D

أحمد
06-10-2005, 12:42 PM

Don't you dare laugh at me, you make me feel dumb. :mad: :D Well is it 18 times? btw pinkrose thinks your avatar and your quote and your colorful writing makes you look like a mad genius. ;D ;D ;D Don't get angry because she doesn't mean a bad way. :D

;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D

;DSub-haan-Allah . . . :p I should ask more questions like this in the future Insha-Allah; no ones guessed the answer still . . . ;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D:D It's not 18 . . . ;D;D;D;D;D:p Please try again . . . :D ;D;D;D;D

أحمد
06-10-2005, 12:44 PM
why r u ppl guessing blindly :D
i mean try looking up the quran once ;)

read it n count those for urself :p

:mad: You MUST NOT give away the answer . . . :D It's good that you never posted the answer there . . . :thumbs_up

junna1

:omg: What could be the answer? Is it twice?

MetSudaisTwice
salam
is it twice?

أحمد
06-10-2005, 12:51 PM

:omg: What could be the answer? Is it twice?

:D It most certainly is . . . :sister:;D;D;D;D;DYou took really long guessing that; as I said; its very easy . . . ;D

format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
is it twice?
:D You're a bit late :brother:

:shade: Next Question: Abdul Muttalib visited a place called Hameer; in the year of the Prophet's :arabic5: birth, someone; who was the leader of Hameer; gave Abdul Muttalib some camels as a gift . . . Who was this leader of Hameer (what was his name)?

:D Also :brother: zAK; you can answer this question; everyone is welcome . . . :p

junna1
06-10-2005, 12:56 PM

Finally I get the answer and now you give one that I will never get the answer.

أحمد
06-10-2005, 01:11 PM
btw who wud list those ayahs where LA ILAAHA ILLALLAH is mentioned ? :D

:shade: Here are the references:

:D Surah as-Saaffaat 37: verse 35

:D Surah Muhammad 47: verse 19

أحمد
06-10-2005, 01:13 PM

Finally I get the answer and now you give one that I will never get the answer.

:) No; I'd say; after a few guesses; you'll get the answer Insha-Allah, or at least :brother: zAK will get the answer Insha-Allah . . . :p

madeenahsh
06-10-2005, 01:34 PM
Asallam alykum warahmatullahi wabarakhatuh.

SubhanAllah this is tough yet soo testy wallahi
I POSTED wrong answer inshallah ill do my best to find the most correct Answer

Wsalaam alykum

Arwa
06-11-2005, 12:52 PM

:shade: Next Question: Abdul Muttalib visited a place called Hameer; in the year of the Prophet's :arabic5: birth, someone; who was the leader of Hameer; gave Abdul Muttalib some camels as a gift . . . Who was this leader of Hameer (what was his name)?

:D Also :brother: zAK; you can answer this question; everyone is welcome . . . :p

I can't find the answer... :(

Does anyone else know?

soulja-ess
06-11-2005, 07:49 PM

was it abraha?

:wa:

أحمد
06-12-2005, 11:35 AM
ah, thnx :)
but why do u show this amt of confidence in me :brother:

i'm no gud at these :-[

btw Abraha, didn't G I F T the camels,
instead he took away those Hazrat Muttalib already had :-\

:) I think you are very good at these :brother: zAK :thumbs_up Maa-Shaa-Allah . . .

:D Well pointed out Abrahaa took away the camels; he never gave them as a gift, so its definately not Abrahaa . . .

:D A HUGE CLUE: His name begins with "S" (س in Arabic) . . . :p

khal_75
06-12-2005, 12:30 PM

:) I think you are very good at these :brother: zAK :thumbs_up Maa-Shaa-Allah . . .

:D Well pointed out Abrahaa took away the camels; he never gave them as a gift, so its definately not Abrahaa . . .

:D A HUGE CLUE: His name begins with "S" (س in Arabic) . . . :p

:sl: :brother: no need to giv clues to easy q's, u ask the q's and i'll ansa; tha's much easia, :zip: but axly tha'll be boring so carry on, can i ansa dis q? :w:

أحمد
06-12-2005, 12:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khal_75
:sl: :brother: no need to giv clues to easy q's, u ask the q's and i'll ansa; tha's much easia, :zip: but axly tha'll be boring so carry on, can i ansa dis q? :w:

:) Give others a chance for now :sister: Halima; you'll get your chance to answer questions very soon Insha-Allah; they'll be a little bit more challenging, even for yourself :D Laa tahzanee ya ukhti . . . :) Let's get the easy questions sorted first Insha-Allah . . . :p

khal_75
06-12-2005, 01:26 PM
I think i need to take out the seerat e Halebiyah books now :brother:

btw who's :sister: Halima ?
:sl: das me :w:

أحمد
06-13-2005, 09:36 AM

:D Now this is an easy question; I also provided a clue. Anyone care to answer? :p He was very very very very very very very very very well known . . . ;D

أحمد
06-13-2005, 10:05 AM
:'( the seerat e Haleybiyah books didn't help :'(

maybe another clue wud do :p

;)

:) Don't cry :brother:; I've got another clue for you:

:D His father's Initials were: ذ and ي . . . :p

أحمد
06-15-2005, 01:08 PM

:D Maybe the last clue; before the answer, :zip: I don't want to be posting the answer myself Insha-Allah . . .

:) His Father was known as "Thee Yazan"

أحمد
06-15-2005, 10:02 PM

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,
is it Sayf ibn Dhee Yazan :wub:

if Y E S then reps :p

I like scoring goals in the extra time ;)
:D Well :brother: zAK; that answers your question on why I have so much confidence in you answering the questions . . . Maa-Shaa-Allah . . . :brother: :applaud:
n i don't wan't u to do wat u don't want to ;)
:shade: Sub-haan-Allah . . . :thumbs_up I'll give you reps as soon as I can Insha-Allah; in the mean-time a few you should recieve reps from a few other members of the forum Insha-Allah . . . :p

أحمد
06-16-2005, 03:37 PM

:) Which of these was the older cousin of Khadijah?
  1. Mayyasrah bin Naufal
  2. Waraqa bin Naufal
  3. Ubaida bin Ka'b
  4. Bahirah an-Nasari
  5. Amr bin Hisham
  6. Haala bint Wahb
  7. Ummayah bin Abdu-sh-Shams
  8. She only had one cousin (Waraqa bin Naufal)

junna1
06-16-2005, 03:39 PM

I'm guessing again. Is it #8. She only had one cousin (Waraqa bin Naufal)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.