/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Sunnah

Protected_Diamond
02-21-2006, 12:18 PM
:sl:

The Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to sleep on his right side, putting his right hand on his right cheek, and this is what the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) recommended others to do.

According to a saheeh hadeeth narrated from al-Baraa’ ibn ‘Aazib, the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“When you go to bed, dowudoo’ as if for prayer, then lie down on your right side…”
(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, al-Wudoo’, 239). The Sunnah is to put one’s right hand under one’s cheek. It was narrated that Hudhayfah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said, “When the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) went to bed at night,he would put his hand under his cheek, then say, ‘Allaahumma bismika amootu wa ahyaa (O Allaah, in Your name I die and I live).’ Then when he woke up he would say, ‘Al-hamdu Lillaah alladhi ahyaanaa ba’da ma amaatanaa wa ilayhi al-nushoor (Praise be to Allaah who has brought us back to life aftercausing us to die,and to Him is the resurrection).’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6314).

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MetSudaisTwice
02-21-2006, 12:23 PM
salam
jazakallah for posting, i am sure it will benefit others too inshallah
wasalam

Laaibah
02-21-2006, 12:58 PM
JazakAllah :)

I'm trying to sleep on my right side too! :)

Peace :rose:

Amz
02-21-2006, 01:50 PM
i didnt knw u had 2 place ure right hand on ure right cheek, thanks for sharin this :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
shariq_0189
02-28-2006, 03:58 AM
yeh alhumdulilah i got into the abit

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.