/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Usernames

rubiesand
02-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

I was wondering if there are any guidelines as to whether certain usernames are acceptable or not on this forum? For example, if someone had a username of 'badislam' would that be allowed? What if they spelled it backwards i.e. 'malsidab'? Would that make it any better?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DaSangarTalib
02-22-2006, 03:45 PM
aint there some1 with that name already??

mahdisoldier19
02-22-2006, 05:24 PM
Yeah there is Actually Heh,

Malsidabym
02-22-2006, 05:42 PM
What's the problem? I have no islam, therefore I have bad islam. I considered other names like, noislam, malsion, islamdumb (meaning I am dumb in my knowledge of islam), bumdmalsi, newislam (meaning I am learning), malsiwen, to name a few. the process finally became arbitrary, I just picked something. Spelling it forward would lead to obvious negative response. You mean this is the first time anyone has noticed? If a moderator wants me to change it I will, but there is no disrespect in the name. I offer no apologies, it is just a name.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
akulion
02-22-2006, 05:48 PM
Wolf in Sheeps clothing....tsk tsk

Ironic that it is the Bible which says that verse "Beware of Wolves in Sheeps Clothing"

Malsidabym
02-22-2006, 05:50 PM
Wolf in Sheeps clothing....tsk tsk
your opinion, you are entitled to it.

Kittygyal
02-22-2006, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rubiesand
Assalamu alaikum,

I was wondering if there are any guidelines as to whether certain usernames are acceptable or not on this forum? For example, if someone had a username of 'badislam' would that be allowed? What if they spelled it backwards i.e. 'malsidab'? Would that make it any better?
:rollseyes no i don't think so there's no point for that :uhwhat

but that's my opinion

:sister: in izlam

take care

Liban
02-22-2006, 06:03 PM
:) :) :) :) weat do u ppl mean username:? :? :? :?

edil
02-22-2006, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by malsidab
What's the problem? I considered other names like, noislam, malsion, islamdumb (meaning I am dumb in my knowledge of islam), bumdmalsi, newislam (meaning I am learning), malsiwen, to name a few. the process finally became arbitrary, I just picked something. Spelling it forward would lead to obvious negative response. You mean this is the first time anyone has noticed? If a moderator wants me to change it I will, but there is no disrespect in the name. I offer no apologies, it is just a name.
I have no islam, therefore I have bad islam.
Yeah right!!!!!:rollseyes :?

Malsidabym
02-22-2006, 06:09 PM
I have no islam, therefore I have bad islam.
Yeah right!!!!!
I suppose you are calling me a liar. Once again, your opinion. I'm not all that concerned, after all, an opinion is just an opinion. Peace to you.

rubiesand
02-22-2006, 06:09 PM
:sl:

I'd like to hear what the moderators have to say about it.

akulion
02-22-2006, 06:13 PM
Well either ways he is our guest and we all can make mistakes

So let us chill and move on with life

Muezzin
02-22-2006, 06:14 PM
Heh, I didn't notice that. Mental note: read backwards more. :p

Malsidabym
02-22-2006, 06:20 PM
In the interest of keeping the peace I am willing to voluntarily change my name to Malsidabym, "My-bad islam", more closely relflecting my poor knowledge of islam. If someone could tell me how to do that without losing my identity and status, I will proceed.

Muezzin
02-22-2006, 06:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by malsidab
In the interest of keeping the peace I am willing to voluntarily change my name to Malsidabym, "My-bad islam", more closely relflecting my poor knowledge of islam. If someone could tell me how to do that without losing my identity and status, I will proceed.
Just send a private message to Kadafi or Khaldun stating the new name, and they'll be able to change it :)

Malsidabym
02-22-2006, 06:23 PM
Thank you.

edil
02-22-2006, 09:57 PM
Hey by the way islam is a religion and the person that practices islam is a muslim. Why do you say My bad islam when you have a cross sign on your avatar.

afriend
02-22-2006, 10:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by edil
Hey by the way islam is a religion and the person that practices islam is a muslim. Why do you say My bad islam when you have a cross sign on your avatar.
OK OK CHILL OUT!

He did apologise......it was an accident, he didn't know what it meant at first....

See that's why we have ppl sayin that we (muslims) are intollerant......

No offence intended sister.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.