/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Hadith?

Hemoo
01-31-2006, 08:06 PM
:sl:

this is a new thread in which i will try to post a new hadeeth of the prophet (peace and prays be upon him) every couple of days and i ask you all to write your favourite hadeeth(s) and it will be better to restrict our posts to the rightfull hadeeth such as the ahadeeth of sahih emam bukhary and sahih emam muslim and to mention the source of the hadeeth.

wa jazakum allah khayran

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
01-31-2006, 08:11 PM
Salaam

Anas Ibn Malik: Narrated that the Prophet(PBUH) said, "None of you will have true faith until he likes for his (muslim) brother what he likes for himself."
[Collected by Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Hemoo
01-31-2006, 08:18 PM
this is my first hadeeth to post :-

in the sahih of bukhary in the Book of Prophetic Commentary On The Qur'an (Tafseer Of The Prophet (pbuh)

Narated By Abu Huraira : Allah's Apostle said, "When the Imam says: 'Ghair-il-Maghdubi 'Alaihim Walad-Dallin (i.e. not the path of those who earn Your Anger, nor the path of those who went astray (1.7)), then you must say, 'Ameen', for if one's utterance of 'Ameen' coincides with that of the angels, then his past sins will be forgiven."

and i have checked the translation with the arabic version of bukhary that i have and salam all

sapphire
01-31-2006, 09:33 PM
do we not have a thread like this or similar :-\??

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghazi
01-31-2006, 09:42 PM
Salaam

I've been speaking to a brother who is in the marines is this of any help.

khurm
01-31-2006, 09:42 PM
asslamualikum brothers and sisiters the prophet (s.a.w.) said youyshould treat one another as you want yourself to be treated. and also every person man or women in islam are brothres and sisters. when people go to do Hajj over 2 million people they all perform Hajj as one body. this shows that if one of us is hurt we feel it too inside us like if a very close freind or relative passes away we know how it feels like (it breaks our hearts.)

Ghazi
01-31-2006, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

I've been speaking to a brother who is in the marines is this of any help.
Salaam

Posted in the wrong topic sorry!!!!!!

Hemoo
02-02-2006, 08:38 PM
this is my second hadeeth to post :-

in the sahih of muslim in the book of Purification.

Book 002, Hadith Number 0502.
------------------------------
Chapter : Characteristics of Fitra.

'Aisha reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Ten are the acts according to Fitra: clipping the moustache, letting the beard grow, using the tooth-stick, snuffing water in the nose, cutting the nails, washing the finger joints, plucking the hair under the armpits, shaving the pubes and cleaning one's private parts with water. The narrator said: I have forgotten the tenth, but it may have been rinsing the mouth.

and also

Book 002, Hadith Number 0497.

Anas reported: A time limit has been prescribed for us for clipping the moustache, cutting the nails, plucking hair under the armpits, shaving the pubes, that it should not be neglected far more than forty nights.

Book 002, Hadith Number 0498.

Ibn Umar said: The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Trim closely the moustache, and let the beard grow.

Book 002, Hadith Number 0499.

Ibn Umar said: The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) ordered us to trim the moustache closely and spare the beard.

Book 002, Hadith Number 0500.

Ibn Umar said: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Act against the polytheists, trim closely the moustache and grow beard.

Book 002, Hadith Number 0501.

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Trim closely the moustache, and grow beard, and thus act against the fire-worshippers.

and i also have checked the translation with the arabic version of muslim that i have and salam all

Hemoo
02-05-2006, 08:59 PM
sorry brothers and sisters for bieng late but i will -in shaa allah- come soon with another hadeeths

wa salam

shanu
02-05-2006, 11:40 PM
Allah's Messenger (May peace be upon him) said :: Let Allah's curse be upon the theif; he gets his hand cut off for stealing an egg as well as for stealing a rope.

nurul3eyn
02-05-2006, 11:53 PM
Prophet’s (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) statement about the coming of the Day of Judgement: "A time will come when people will greet their friends warmly, and approach their parents with cold attitude" (Sahih al-Bukhari).

nurul3eyn
02-05-2006, 11:59 PM
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "The example of a believer is that of a fresh tender plant; from whatever direction the wind comes, it bends it, but when the wind becomes quiet, it becomes straight again. Similarly, a believer is afflicted with calamities (but he remains patient till Allah removes his difficulties.) And an impious wicked person is like a pine tree which keeps hard and straight till Allah cuts (breaks) it down when He wishes." (See Hadith No. 558, Vol. 9.)
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamen...i/070.sbt.html

Hemoo
02-10-2006, 10:14 PM
in sahih bukhary in the book of Good Manners And Form (Al-Adab).

Volumn 008, Book 073, Hadith Number 095.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By Abu Huraira : I heard Allah's Apostle saying. "All the sins of my followers will be forgiven except those of the Mujahirin (those who commit a sin openly or disclose their sins to the people). An example of such disclosure is that a person commits a sin at night and though Allah screens it from the public, then he comes in the morning, and says, 'O so-and-so, I did such-and-such (evil) deed yesterday,' though he spent his night screened by his Lord (none knowing about his sin) and in the morning he removes Allah's screen from himself."

and this hadith is also mentioned in sahih muslim

shanu
02-13-2006, 05:46 AM
[Holding Grudges]

The gates of Paradise will be opened on Mondays and on Thursdays, and every servant [of Allah] who associates nothing with Allah will be forgiven, except for the man who has a grudge against his brother. [About them] it will be said: Delay these two until they are reconciled; delay these two until they are reconciled.

It was related by Muslim (also by Malik and Abu Dawud).

Text copied from Al-Nasir's Hadith Qudsi Software v1.0, www.DivineIslam.com

Hemoo
02-17-2006, 05:44 PM
this is a beautiful hadith

in sahih muslim in the BOOK of Drinks :-

Aflah, the freed slave of Abu Ayyub Ansiri, reported: Allah's Messenger(may peace be upon him) had alighted in his house (viz. of Abu Ayyub Ansari at the time of his emigration to Medina) and he occupied the lower storey, whereas Abu Ayyub Ansari lived in the upper storey. One night, Abu Ayyub Ansari got up and said (to himself): (How unfortunate it is) that we walk above the head of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), so they went aside and spent the night in a nook and then told Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) about it whereupon Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: The lower storey is more comfortable (for me), but he (Abu Ayyub Ansari) said: We (would not live) over the roof under which you live. So Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) shifted to the upper storey, whereas Abu Ayyub Ansari shifted to the lower storey; and he (Abu Ayyub Ansari) used to prepare food for Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him); and when it was brought (back) to him he asked (to locate) the part, where his fingers had touched (the food), and he followed his fingers on that part where his fingers (those of the Holy Prophet) had touched it. (One day) he prepared food which contained garlic, and when it was returned to him he asked (to locate) the part which the fingers of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) had touched. It was said to him that he had not eaten (the food). He (Abd Ayyub Ansari) was distressed and went up to him (to the Holy Prophet) and said: Is it forbidden? But Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: No, (it is not forbidden), but I do not like it, and he (Abu Ayyub Ansari) said: I also do not like what you do not like or which you did not like. He (Abu Ayyub Ansari) said: (The Holy Prophet did not eat garlic) as Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) was visited (by angels) and brought him the message of Allah.

Hemoo
02-20-2006, 03:08 PM
in sahih muslim in the book of Clothes And Decoration.

Book 024, Hadith Number 5310.
Chapter : The women who are naked even in their dresses and who deviate from the right path and lead their husbands astray.

AbU Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) having said this: Two are the types of the denizens of Hell whom I did not see: people having flogs like the tails of the ox with them and they would be beating people, and the women who would be dressed but appear to be naked, who would be inclined (to evil) and make their husbands incline towards it. Their heads would be like the humps of the camel inclined to one side. They will not enter Paradise and they would not smell its odour whereas its odour would be smelt from such and such distance.

Cheb
02-24-2006, 12:45 PM
I would like to ask everyone to write what their favorite hadith is. This is a good way to get to learn about the various Ahadith our prophet (pbuh) gave us. Write about the Hadith that affected you the most.

MetSudaisTwice
02-24-2006, 12:48 PM
salam
i like many hadiths, but one sticks to my mind

wa qala rasulullah sallallahu alyhi wasallam qayyrut dua, dua i yawm ul arafat

i think it means the best dua is on the day of arafat
wasalam

Nawal89
02-24-2006, 01:41 PM
All the hadeeths in Arba'een annawawi are beautiful MashaAllah. Especially the ahaadeeth alqudsiyyah.

Snowflake
02-24-2006, 02:24 PM
Nice idea Cheb!

I read this hadith recently and it's still fresh in my mind, so I'll write this one.

Plz correct me if I've got the name wrong.

Abu Hunzala was newly married and didnt initially participate in the Battle of Uhd. When news reached him that muslims were being defeated, he was just about to perform ghusal after intercourse with his wife. But the news affected Abu Hunzala so much that he picked up his sword and immediately left to join the battle. He fought bravely until he was martyred. Abu hunzula was too be buried as a martyr.
However the Prophet (saw) told her sahaba that he had seen angels giving ghusal to Abu Hunzula. On hearing this Abu Sa'eed Saa'di went to see Abu Hunzala's body for himself. And sure enough he saw that drops of water were trickling out of Abu Hunzala's hair. SubhanAllah this hadeeth really gets to me. Allahu Akbar!

nishom
02-24-2006, 02:35 PM
Here are a COUPLE WE COULD PUT INTO PRACTISE.

"God loves kindness when you deal with any
matter" (narrated by Bukhari and Muslim)

"You will not enter Paradise until you have faith
and you will not have faith until you love one
another. Do you want me to tell you
something you can do to make you love one
another? Make it a habit to greet one another
with "Asalamu Alaykum" - peace upon you".
(narrated by Muslim)

nishom
02-24-2006, 02:44 PM
"God Almighty said: "My servant draws near to Me with nothing more loved by Me than the acts of worship that I have enjoined upon him. My servant continues to try to draw near to Me with more devotion, until I love him. When I love him, I will be his hearing with which he hears, his sight by which he sees, his hand with which he strikes, his feet on which he walks. When he asks Me for something, I will respond and when he takes refuge in Me, I will grant it to him. I do not hesitate in doing anything I intend to do as much as I hesitate in seizing the soul of My faithful servant; he hates death and I hate hurting him. But death is a must for him"."
(narrated by Bukhari)

IbnAbdulHakim
02-24-2006, 03:04 PM
i am not sure about the authenticity of the following hadith but i heard it from the much respected "Yahya Ibrahim" in one of his talks.

The story of abu mahjan truelly touches ones heart.

Abu Mahjan was a great muslim who loved Allah and his prophet, he was a great poet and one of the most courageous fighters. It was said only Umar bin Al-Khattab could put him in his place, but he was a terrible alcoholic. Due to his disregard for the prohibition of drinking alcohol Umar bin al-khattab (RA) used to beat him severely till one day his drinking of alcohol reached such an extent that Umar (RA) exiled him. Abu mahjan however escaped his exile and was free till one day he heard the the muslims have gone into a raging battle. Upon hearing this abu mahjans love for islam caused him to run to the battle field with his sword. Umar (RA) had given orders that if abu mahjan was ever found that he should be tied up and locked up! Therefore when Sa'ad read Umar (RA) letter as soon as he saw abu mahjan on the battle field he went up to him and tied him to a tree. Abu mahjan felt disgraced as he looked around and saw his brothers fighting bravely for martyrdom. He thought to himself the reason for not being able to help his brothers. It wasnt the alcohol... it was himself. He then turned in "SINCERE REPENTANCE" towards Allah and begged for mercy making the intention to never drink again. He also recited sweet poetry of his repentance which reached the ears of sa'ads wife who agreed to untie abu mahjans ropes as long as he agrees to tie himself back up again if he duz not achieve martyrdome (sa'ads wife (RA) had agreed to tie herself up and cover the face so no1 can tell). Abu mahjan agreed. Sa'ad (RA) had said that if he didnt tie abu mahjan to the tree himself he would have sworn that it was abu mahjan fighting so bravely in that field. After the battle abu mahjan went to the tree and tied himself back up before anyone noticed. When sa'ad (RA) came bak he noticed all the wounds on abu mahjans body for it is close to impossible to fight wivout being wounded. Sa'ad wiv tears flowing from his cheeks said, "did you really go and fight o abu mahjan", abu mahjan replied in the affirmitive. With tears still flowing sa'ad (RA) released abu mahjan and stated "If you ever drink i will beat you mercilessly" to which abu mahjan replied "BY ALLAH I WILL NEVER DRINK AGAIN"

FOR ALL THE SINS WE DO LET US TURN IN SINCERE REPENTANCE AND ENGRAVE THE LOVE OF ALLAH IN OUR HEARTS!!!!!!! AMEEN!!!:sl:

ALLAHU AKBAR

Halima
02-24-2006, 03:56 PM

Anyone that has a favorite ayah or surah please refer to this thread aswell.

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...-surah-12.html

BarakAllahu Feekum.

Cheb
02-25-2006, 03:11 PM
Good posts guys.
My favorite is a simple one. I mentioned it in one of my posts but I will mention it again here.
"Prophet Mohammad's (pbuh) Jewish neighbor used to throw his garbage at the door step of the prophet's (pbuh) home every morning . The Prophet (pbuh) would then pick it up and throw it in the disposal area along with his personal trash, but the Prophet (pbuh) never got angry. One day, there was no garbage and the Prophet (pbuh) went to see if the man was ill. The man was so impressed that he became a friend. Our Prophet (pbuh) then started taking care of his neighbor and the Jewish neighbor very soon embraced Islam."

This truly teaches us a lot.

shaharoun
02-25-2006, 04:01 PM
Fistly,let me ask one question;
"When we talk about favorite Hadith or Ayat,what do we mean?"
Because Qur'an is the word of Allah,we have to love it and follow it without choosing what interest us,and Hadith is the word of Rasulullah

Cheb
02-25-2006, 05:06 PM
It means the one that has had the most affect on you. The one that applies to you most of the time.
Of course it does not mean that this Hadith is better than that, it just may relate to a person more than another.

mualimaah
02-25-2006, 05:56 PM
salaams everyone
my fav hadirh is " baligu anni walow ayattan" it means spread from amongst you (meaning knowledge) even if it is one ayah."

arehat
02-25-2006, 06:11 PM
INAMAL AMALU BINNIYAT

Actions depends on one intention

Hemoo
02-25-2006, 09:24 PM
the following hadeeth came in both bukhary and muslim and it indicates that when the judge or a schoolar make his diligence (Igtihaad) that is supported with the quraan and(or) sunnah when saying a fatwa then whether he is right or wrong allah will reward him.

in sahih bukhary the book of Holding Fast To The Qur'an and Sunnah.

Volumn 009, Book 092, Hadith Number 450.
Narated By 'Amr bin Al-'As : That he heard Allah's Apostle saying, "If a judge gives a verdict according to the best of his knowledge and his verdict is correct (i.e. agrees with Allah and His Apostle's verdict) he will receive a double reward, and if he gives a verdict according to the best of his knowledge and his verdict is wrong, (i.e. against that of Allah and His Apostle) even then he will get a reward."

Halima
02-25-2006, 10:41 PM

Threads merged.

MuslimahBlue
07-16-2006, 10:39 PM
The Prophet peace be upon him said: “The believers with respect to one another are like a building, each one lending support to the whole.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim]

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-16-2006, 11:07 PM

I have a nice selection in this article:
http://www.load-islam.com/artical_de...het%20Muhammad

See also my personal page for many more :)

hidaayah
08-01-2006, 03:12 AM
On the authority of Abu Hurairah (ra) who said that the Prophet said: “Allah
the Almighty says: ‘I am as My servant expects Me to be. I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assembly better than it. And if he draws near to Me a hand's span, I draw near to him arm’s length; and if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.’ ”
Muslim, Bukhari, Ibne Majaan and Tirmidhi

Hemoo
02-26-2007, 03:06 PM
in the book of Beginning Of Creation in (Sahih Bukhari)
Volume 004, Book 054, Hadith Number 537.
Narrated By Abu Huraira : The Prophet said "If a house fly falls in the drink of anyone of you, he should dip it (in the drink), for one of its wings has a disease and the other has the cure for the disease."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.