/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shariah Law Questions

sargon
02-27-2006, 12:11 PM
:sl:
If I'm not mistaken under Islamic laws girls and boys can't be friends right? So then what about these forums? Isn't it haraam to talk in threads where other girls are posting?

If a country is under Islamic laws how are the schools run? Do boys and girls have seperate schools or rooms? Can only males teach males and females teach females?

It's so different from the world we live in today... I can barely imagine what an Islamic state would be like. On the one hand I have to give up parts of my upbringing and culture, and on the other hand I've never experienced any city based on God's laws.

Anyone live in an Islamic state now?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mizan_aliashraf
02-27-2006, 12:17 PM
[QUOTE=sargon;195483]:sl:
If I'm not mistaken under Islamic laws girls and boys can't be friends right? So then what about these forums? Isn't it haraam to talk in threads where other girls are posting?

The short answer is, there's a differene of opinion

If a country is under Islamic laws how are the schools run? Do boys and girls have seperate schools or rooms? Can only males teach males and females teach females?

Yes, that's right. In the middle east and other muslim countries, boys and girls are taught separately and by different teachers; males for boys and females for girls

It's so different from the world we live in today... I can barely imagine what an Islamic state would be like. On the one hand I have to give up parts of my upbringing and culture, and on the other hand I've never experienced any city based on God's laws.

Why should you have to give up your culture? Islam came to make things easy, its just sad to see it portrayed in such a bad light

Anyone live in an Islamic state now?

No, not according to the correct opinion. There are countries who call themselves an islamic state, but they have abandoned and disregarded parts of shari'ah law, so they are not islamic states

Muhammad
03-07-2006, 07:48 PM
Greetings,

Sorry for the late reply.

The purpose behind these forums are not to make friends with the opposite gender or to chat with them, but rather they are to spread the message of Islam and help people to understand it correctly.

You can see from our FAQ:

The mission of our e-Islamic community is to help foster a better understanding of Islam. To facilitate this, we have laid a set of guidelines that all members are required to read and adhere to.
And if we look at the rules:

8. Honourable and dignified behaviour must be observed at all times, especially when replying to a post by a member of the opposite gender.
As staff on this forum, we try to prevent any freeposting and freemixing between members of the opposite gender, and we have provided segregated rooms for them to speak privately amongst themselves. I think most often people address the issue being discussed rather than a specific person, and when they speak to a person of the opposite gender, it should be if necessary and in a serious tone.

For further information about internet advice for Muslim men and women, please see the following thread:

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...uidelines.html

Regards.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.