/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Praying in one's shoes

Nawal89
02-27-2006, 04:32 PM
Why is this sunnah dead nowdays? Most of the people i've asked have said to keep the carpet clean in the Masjid...But then if you think about it, the hadeeth says that before any one enters the masjid they should check their shoes for filth, and if there is filth, then he should knock it until it is clean..another hadeeth that is also so clear, "pray in your shoes, for verily the jews dont pray in their shoes." Thats an order. But still, nowdays whenever someoen tries to enter the masjid with thier shoes, even though they check it first for filth, people get so mad?

why?:?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
khadijah06
02-27-2006, 04:55 PM
Hmm i really dont know.

Volume 1, Book 8, Number 383:
Narrated Abu Maslama:

Said bin Yazid Al-Azdi: I asked Anas bin Malik whether the Prophet had ever, prayed with his shoes on. He replied "Yes." (Bukhari)

Lina
02-27-2006, 05:10 PM
:sl:

'The Prophet salah Allah alayhi wa sallam would stand barefoot in his prayer and sometimes with his shoes on' Abou Daawoud & Ibn Majah. (moetawwir Hadith)

Wa Allah ou A'lam

source:
Sifat Salaat an Nabi salah Allah alayhi wa salam min at takbeer ilaa tasliem ka'annaka taraahaa by Sheikh Al Albaanie

mizan_aliashraf
02-27-2006, 05:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lina

'The Prophet salah Allah alayhi wa sallam would stand barefoot in his prayer and sometimes with his shoes on' Abou Daawoud & Ibn Majah. (moetawwir Hadith)

Wa Allah ou A'lam

source:
Sifat Salaat an Nabi salah Allah alayhi wa salam min at takbeer ilaa tasliem ka'annaka taraahaa by Sheikh Al Albaanie

Salam
Exactly what i was going to quote
Jazakallah Khayr
Wassalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Lina
02-27-2006, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mizan_aliashraf
Salam
Exactly what i was going to quote
Jazakallah Khayr
Wassalam
Wa iyaak,

The same book? Because maybe you can also quote another hadith mentioned in the same chapter, I'm afraid of making mistakes while translating.

JazakAllah AlKhair.

:w:

mizan_aliashraf
02-27-2006, 05:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lina
Wa iyaak,

The same book? Because maybe you can also quote another hadith mentioned in the same chapter, I'm afraid of making mistakes while translating.

JazakAllah AlKhair.

No, it was the same book
Barakillah Feekum

Nawal89
02-27-2006, 06:31 PM
What about Anas ibn Maalik's hadeeth in the Mustadrak for ibnul Haakim..I dont know the exact words, That the Prophet peace be upon him used to pray in his shoes all of the time,except one time when Jibreel told Him peace be upon him to take it off, because there was some filth at the bottom.

Also the prophet ordered people to pray in their shoes. Not without.

I'm not saying it's wajib..i'm just saying that it's a sunnah that was very much practiced at the prophets time, and now it's totally dead. And people give such silly reasons for it too.

Lina
02-27-2006, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
What about Anas ibn Maalik's hadeeth in the Mustadrak for ibnul Haakim..I dont know the exact words, That the Prophet peace be upon him used to pray in his shoes all of the time,except one time when Jibreel told Him peace be upon him to take it off, because there was some filth at the bottom.

Also the prophet ordered people to pray in their shoes. Not without.

I'm not saying it's wajib..i'm just saying that it's a sunnah that was very much practiced at the prophets time, and now it's totally dead. And people give such silly reasons for it too.

He salah Allah alayhi wa salam said: When one of you prays, he should wear his shoes or take them off and put them between his feet, and not harm others with them. [Abu Dawood & Bazzaar (53, az-Zawa'id); Haakim declared it saheeh and Dhahabi agreed.]

Wa Allah ou A'lam

julie sarri
03-03-2006, 06:11 PM
:sl: i have also herd the story that the prophet (saw)was praying in his shoes and was told there was filth on his shoe so he looked and one of his shoes did have filth on it so he took the one shoe off but kept the other shoe on and i thinck taking your shoes off in the mosque is just a safety thing becouse if your in a mosque and there is so meny people there if your wearing shoes you may stand on some one by mastake:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!