/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What do they believe?

Umm Yoosuf
03-01-2006, 01:55 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum

The day this guy asked me and another sister for help (study related) anyways I didn’t know how the conversion starting but all of a sudden we started to talk about Sikh religion. Now I must admit I am totally ignorant of that religion and this guy was taking advantage of it. He said one of their prophet was related to Muhammad etc And that Sikh’s are part of Islam… he went on to say how they burn their dead, they don’t believe in sinning etc…he just said a lot, I can’t even recall half of the things he said. Someone please provide me with a link or give me an over view of that Sikh’s believe

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Halima
03-01-2006, 02:00 PM
Assalaam Alaykum sister.

This is what I have found from islamtoday.com

I hope it helps insha'Allah. Allahu Alm'(and only Allah knows best).

• Sikhism, which developed during the early 16th century in the state of Punjab in North India, is a mixture of Islamic and Hindu elements in addition to other teachings devised by their leaders. Certainly they are not Muslims. From the onset of their religion, they have openly declared their disavowal of Islam.

• In their prayers, they recite: “I do not follow the religious ways preached by various religions believing in Ram, Mohammed, Puran or Qur'an
.”

• The founder of this sect, Guru Nanak, proclaimed that he had seen Allah and that Allah had commanded him to call people to this new religion.

• This man has permitted his followers to drink liquor and eat pork. However, he forbade them beef in deference to the Hindus.

• When this sect ruled Punjab in the eighteenth century, they severely oppressed and persecuted the Muslims. During the English occupation of India, they were loyal to the British and many of their menfolk were part of the largest British army ever assembled. This army had as one of its primary purposes the suppression of Muslim liberation movements.

• Regarding their claim that they believe in one God, we would say that will not be of any help to them until they actually worship Allah alone in accordance with the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace be upon him).

Umm Yoosuf
03-01-2006, 02:04 PM
Jazakallah sis

Guru Nanak
Thats the man he was going on about.

Mainul_Islam
03-02-2006, 12:38 AM
but Guru Nanak was a Muslim, wasnt he?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
jello
03-02-2006, 02:52 AM
:sl:

How can anyone say Sikhism was Islam. May I know more about that?

i_m_tipu
03-02-2006, 04:25 AM
Sikhism beleive a part of Islam?!
hmmmmmmm...intersting

Halima
03-02-2006, 12:34 PM

If you need more info plz refer here

http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...html#post93442

:w:

Umm Yoosuf
03-02-2006, 06:49 PM
[PIE]This thread might as well be closed[/PIE]

Mohsin
03-02-2006, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
Assalaam Alaykum sister.

This is what I have found from islamtoday.com

I hope it helps insha'Allah. Allahu Alm'(and only Allah knows best).

• Sikhism, which developed during the early 16th century in the state of Punjab in North India, is a mixture of Islamic and Hindu elements in addition to other teachings devised by their leaders. Certainly they are not Muslims. From the onset of their religion, they have openly declared their disavowal of Islam.

• In their prayers, they recite: “I do not follow the religious ways preached by various religions believing in Ram, Mohammed, Puran or Qur'an
.”

• The founder of this sect, Guru Nanak, proclaimed that he had seen Allah and that Allah had commanded him to call people to this new religion.

• This man has permitted his followers to drink liquor and eat pork. However, he forbade them beef in deference to the Hindus.

• When this sect ruled Punjab in the eighteenth century, they severely oppressed and persecuted the Muslims. During the English occupation of India, they were loyal to the British and many of their menfolk were part of the largest British army ever assembled. This army had as one of its primary purposes the suppression of Muslim liberation movements.

• Regarding their claim that they believe in one God, we would say that will not be of any help to them until they actually worship Allah alone in accordance with the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace be upon him).

I've read the article on islamtoday. I don't think it's entirely correct, and its quite disappointing for it to say this especially without giving references. Sikhs aren't allowed to drink

Zakir naik has an article about sikhism's beliefs here
http://www.irf.net/irf/comparativereligion/index.htm

Umm Yoosuf
03-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Jazakallah for the Link

One of the famous couplets of Sant Kabir is:

"Dukh mein sumirana sabh karein
Sukh mein karein na koya
Jo sukh mein sumirana karein
To dukh kaye hoye?"

"In times of trouble, God is remembered by all
But none remembers Him during peace and happiness.
If God is remembered in good times of happiness
Why should trouble occur?"

Compare this with the following verse of the Qur’an:

"When some trouble toucheth man,
He crieth unto his Lord,
Turning to Him in repentance:
But when He bestoweth
A favour upon him
As from Himself,
(Man) doth forget what he cried
And prayed for before,
And he doth set up
Rivals unto Allah."
[Al-Qur’an 39:8]
Subhnallah.

I always thought Sikh's worshipped idols..

Do they not believe life after death? Hell and Heaven?

Mohsin
03-06-2006, 07:35 PM
They believe in reincarnation

HeiGou
03-06-2006, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Moss
They believe in reincarnation
History of Sikhism

Guru Nanak Dev (1469–1538), considered to be the founder of Sikhism, was born in the village of Talwandi, now called Nankana Sahib, near Lahore (in what is present-day Pakistan). His father, Mehta Kalu was a Patwari—an accountant of land revenue in the government. Nanak's mother was Mata Tripta and he had one older sister, Bibi Nanki. His parents, Kalu Mehta and Matta Tripat, were Hindus of the Khatri caste. From early childhood, Bibi Nanki saw in her son the Light of God but she did not reveal this secret to anyone. She is known as the first disciple of Guru Nanak. Even as a boy, Nanak was fascinated by religion, and his desire to explore the mysteries of life eventually led him to leave home. It was during this period that Nanak was said to have met Kabir (1440—1518), a saint revered by those of different faiths. He made four distinct major journeys, which are called Udasis, spanning many thousands of miles.

In 1538, Guru Nanak chose Lehna, his disciple as a successor to the Guruship rather than his son. Bhai Lehna was named Guru Angad and became the second guru of the Sikhs. He continued the work started by the Founder. Guru Amar Das became the third Sikh guru in 1552 at the age of 73. Goindwal became an important centre for Sikhism during the Guruship of Guru Amar Das. He continued to preach the principle of equality for women, the prohibition of Sati and the practise of Langar. In 1567, Emperor Akbar sat with the ordinary and poor people of Punjab to have Langar. Guru Amar Das also trained 140 apostles of which 52 were women, to manage the rapid expansion of the religion. Before he died in 1574 aged 95, he appointed his son-in-law Jetha as the fourth Sikh Guru.

Jetha became Guru Ram Das and vigorously undertook his duties as the new guru. He is responsible for the establishment of the city of Ramdaspur later to be named Amritsar. In 1581, Guru Arjan — youngest son of the fourth guru — became the Fifth Guru of the Sikhs. In addition to being responsible for building the Golden Temple, he prepared the Sikh Sacred text and his personal addition of some 2,000 plus hymns in the Guru Granth Sahib. In 1604 he installed the Adi Granth for the first time as the Holy Book of the Sikhs. In 1606, for refusing to make changes to the Guru Granth Sahib, he was tortured and killed by the Mughal rulers of the time.

Guru Har Gobind, became the sixth guru of the Sikhs. He carried two swords — one for Spiritual reasons and one for temporal (worldly) reasons. From this point onward, the Sikhs became a military force and always had a trained fighting force to defend their independence. In 1644, Guru Har Rai became Guru followed by Guru Har Krishan, the boy Guru in 1661. Guru Tegh Bahadur became Guru in 1665 and led the Sikhs until 1675, when he sacrificed his life to save the Kashmiri Hindus who had come to him for help.

In 1675, Aurangzeb publicly executed the ninth Sikh Guru, Guru Tegh Bahadur. Guru Tegh Bahadur sacrificed himself to protect Hindus, after Kashmiri pandits came to him for help when the Emperor condemned them to death for failing to convert to Islam. This marked a turning point for Sikhism. His successor, Guru Gobind Singh further militarised his followers (see Khalsa). After Aurangzeb killed four of Gobind Singh's sons, Gobind Singh sent Aurangzeb the Zafarnama (Notification of Victory).

Shortly before passing away Guru Gobind ordered that the Guru Granth Sahib (the Sikh Holy Scripture), would be the ultimate spiritual authority for the Sikhs and temporal authority would be vested in the Khalsa Panth – The Sikh Nation. The first Sikh Holy Scripture was compiled and edited by the Fifth Guru, Guru Arjan in AD 1604, although some of the earlier gurus are also known to have documented their revelations. This is one of the few scriptures in the world that has been compiled by the founders of a faith during their own life time. The Guru Granth Sahib is particularly unique among sacred texts in that it is written in Gurmukhi script but contains many languages including Punjabi, Hindi-Urdu, Sanskrit, Bhojpuri and Persian. Sikhs consider the Guru Granth Sahib the last, perpetual living guru.

Sikhism advocates the belief in one God who is omnipresent and has infinite qualities. This aspect has been repeated on numerous occasions in the Guru Granth Sahib and the term Ek Onkar signifies this.

Sikhs do not have a gender for God nor do they believe God takes a human form. All human beings are considered equal regardless of their religion, sex or race. All are sons and daughters of Waheguru, the Almighty. Sikhs should defend, safeguard, and fight for the rights of all creatures, and in particular fellow human beings. They are encouraged to have a "Chardi Kala" or positive, optimistic and buoyant view of life.

Sikhs believe in the concept of reincarnation. All creatures are believed to have a spirit that can pass to other bodies upon death until liberation is achieved. The Sikh religion is not considered the only way to salvation — people of other religions may also achieve salvation. This concept is shared with other Dharmic religions.

It is every Sikh's duty to defeat these five vices: ego, anger, greed, attachment, and lust. Sikhs are encouraged to 'attack' these vices with contentment, charity, kindness, positive attitude, and humility.

Followers of Sikhism are encouraged to wake in the early morning hours, before the sun has risen, and meditate on God's name. They must work hard and honestly and never live off others, but give to others from the fruits of one's own labour. A Sikh's home should always be open to all.

Upon baptism, Sikhs must wear the Five Ks, and recite the five prayers. Sikhs do not believe that any particular day is holier than any other and tend to adopt the religious day of the country within which they reside.

Mohsin
03-06-2006, 09:42 PM
Salam, nice article

Is it ok if i ask for the source?

Khattab
03-06-2006, 11:54 PM
http://www.answers.com/topic/sikhism

HeiGou
03-07-2006, 04:08 PM
Salam, nice article

Is it ok if i ask for the source?
If that refers to me. Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikh

Khoza
05-16-2006, 05:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mainul_Islam
but Guru Nanak was a Muslim, wasnt he?
No Guru Nanak was not Hindu or a Muslim, he was above the confines of any worldly religion. He came to this world to spread sat and not the gospel of any other faith. He didnt go through sunat nor did he preach about The prophet: Mohammed (peace be upon him).
But Guru Nanak was very respected by Hindus and Muslims overall who both claimed him as theirs.

'Baba Nanak Sa Fakir Hindu ka Guru Musalmaan Ka Pir'

Mohsin
05-16-2006, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khoza
No Guru Nanak was not Hindu or a Muslim, he was above the confines of any worldly religion. He came to this world to spread sat and not the gospel of any other faith. He didnt go through sunat nor did he preach about The prophet: Mohammed (peace be upon him).

Khoza, i like the way you dialogue, you've very respectful, you even say peace be upon him. Nice to see some manners!

But Guru Nanak was very respected by Hindus and Muslims overall who both claimed him as theirs.
Yeah this is what confuses me. I mean if Guru nanek clearly stated all other religions were wrong and only Sikhism was right, and that he was neither Hindu or Muslim, then why did the muslims and hindus try and claim Guru Nanek was a muslim/hindu?

ISDhillon
05-16-2006, 06:27 PM
Khoza, i like the way you dialogue, you've very respectful, you even say peace be upon him. Nice to see some manners!

only if you use that name, if you say "your prophet" then thats different you dont have to use any of the religious compulories.

Yeah this is what confuses me. I mean if Guru nanek clearly stated all other religions were wrong and only Sikhism was right, and that he was neither Hindu or Muslim, then why did the muslims and hindus try and claim Guru Nanek was a muslim/hindu?
cos everybody wants the diamond but no-ones willing to give their head for it, all religions have tried to assimilate us only they know the reason why they feel the need to do this we have never affiliated ourselves with any religion. Its just we can co-exist in harmony, perhaps integration gets miscontrued as assimilation.

ISDhillon

jss
05-16-2006, 06:28 PM

Cuz they all had loads of respect for Guru Ji, plus as khoza ji stated Guru Ji was not apart of any religion and the message of Sikhi today, in the form of Guru Granth Sahib Ji is for the whole of humanity and not for certain groups of people.

For further info:
www.sikhnet.com

Back to my studies:thankyou:

Mohsin
05-16-2006, 06:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jss
Guru Granth Sahib Ji is for the whole of humanity and not for certain groups of people.
:
Thnx for reply. But it seems Sikhism is just limited to just Indians. I haven't seen any non-indians ever embrace Sikhism, i've heard of some rare conversions though. could you shed more light please

Khoza
05-16-2006, 06:38 PM
I mean if Guru nanek clearly stated all other religions were wrong and only Sikhism was right, and that he was neither Hindu or Muslim, then why did the muslims and hindus try and claim Guru Nanek was a muslim/hindu?
Guru Nanak did not say all religions were wrong, he said that in Gods court it doesnt matter if you were a Hindu or a Muslim since at the end you were going to be judged as an individual on your deeds. Guru Nanak was greatly admired by Hindu and Muslims since he was considered a true saint.

ISDhillon
05-16-2006, 06:41 PM
Thnx for reply. But it seems Sikhism is just limited to just Indians. I haven't seen any non-indians ever embrace Sikhism, i've heard of some rare conversions though. could you shed more light please
mrsikhnet.com

miripiriacademy.org

http://www.3ho.org/

is a religion only appealing if their members are non-indians?:?

Khoza
05-16-2006, 06:41 PM
Lol theres thousands of white Sikhs in the US, Mexico, Europe including many black converts but Sikhism is a young religion whose message is just being heard around the globe

jss
05-16-2006, 07:02 PM
Sikhi is not a missionary faith. When one follows the hukam (will) of the Guru then that Sikh (disciple) must focus primarily on themselves by meditating on the shabad (message-Gurbani) and naam (Repitition of word Vaheguru). The purpose of which is to battle the inner passions which are
kaam (lust)
Krodh (anger
lobh (greed)
moh (attachment)
ahankar (ego)

gur kY sbid pMc sMGwrY ]
gur kai sabadh pa(n)ch sa(n)ghaarai ||
Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, they conquer the five thieves.

Guru Amar Daas Ji
Raag Gauree

When the five thieves are controlled and the Sikh follows truthful living then he/she is in a state of anand (bliss) and becomes God realised. However this is gradual, dependant on ones karma and can take many lifetimes.

Apart from meditation, Guru Nanak Dev Ji also emphasised
Kirit karna (earn an honest living)
Vand Chakna (share with others)

A Sikh of the Guru must accept Gods will in dukh (pain) and sukh (happiness).
The Guru's taught humanity this and lived by example.
For instance when Guru Arjan Dev Ji was martyred by being placed on a hot plate and had burning sand and boiling water poured on him. The Muslim saint Mian Mir, a friend and admirer of the Guru offered to help Guru Sahib escape, to which Guru Arjan Dev Ji replied "Gods will is always sweet"

A Sikh of the Guru sees all humanity as one and does not differentiate between religions and does not seek to convert.
As everything is in Gods will, if someone wishes to come into Sikhi (by the Guru's grace) then that is up to them. It should not be forced upon them.
All is according to his command (hukam).

hukmu soeI quDu BwvsI horu AwKxu bhuqu Apwru ]
hukam soee thudhh bhaavasee hor aakhan bahuth apaar ||
The Hukam of Your Command is the pleasure of Your Will, Lord. To say anything else is far beyond anyone's reach.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji
Siree Raag

Sikhi throughout history has endured genocides, attempts of assimilation by intolerant rulars, and other groups which is why Sikhi has been affected in terms of numbers.
But again Sikhi emphasises quality not quantity.
If someone wishes to convert out of their OWN choice then good for them. People who wish to convert are welcomed but at the same time we don't go looking to convert people.

Hope that helps Moss ji
Maybe Dhillon veer ji can expand abit more:)

Mohsin
05-17-2006, 09:19 AM
Thnx for replies

I see what you are saying that you dont go around converting people
But;

Didn't guru nanek travel around trying to preach Sikhism

Also if you think Sikhism is the most righteous religion, then that way you must consider it better than the others, so shouldn't you want others to have the beauty you have?

I'm kinda suprised at reading that all religions are right according to Sikhism, since i heard it says the other religions are false

ISDhillon
05-17-2006, 12:33 PM
sikhism is not a religion, sikhism is a dharma, their is no such thing as a religion all messengers from god preached dharma man in his ego created the relgion. So that is what Guru Nanak Dev Ji did he preached dharma, most people preach dharma teachers tell their students to behave, police are practicing dharma, red cross practices dharma.

Also if you think Sikhism is the most righteous religion, then that way you must consider it better than the others, so shouldn't you want others to have the beauty you have?
its not about better once you say better then you will limit sikhism to what it once did and not what it must still do, Personally I do not believe there is any other religion which can offer the same equality and sacrifice and protection sikhism does, and continues to do. I have told you before about converts etc from the oxford islam msn site here it is again just in case you missed it:

We as sikhs have never engaged with interfaith dialogue, nor have we preached, because our religion is not about resting on our laurals, any religion which does not cause the seeker to have divine connection with the almighty eventually drives the faithfull into missionary activity , such a purpose is actively sought through bizarre interpretation of religious texts because the faith alone does not satisfy the conditions of man ,there is only so much praying and reading you can do before you hunger after more, and this is what sets sikhism a part from any other religion on this earth, the concept of naam which sadly none of the sikhs here have even mentioned.

Yes I can answer this because in Sikhism it is the roop which is an indicator of one who has achieved the status of enlightenment, in Sikhism we are taught that when non-sikhs see the radiant form of khalsa they will stop you and ask where you have gained such a great form and this is the only form of true practicing what you preach, because some preachers are absolutely revolting and they certainly do not expound the truths they preach, only when one is achieved can you then help others and impart the teachings. khalsa is like a diamond. when we have a group of gemstones a diamond is the best cos it sparkles, are we all sparkling? cos when we are sparkling the people will see us and say i want that roop and where did you get it? initially this sort of conversion seems very shallow cos some people can't see, however when reading the sggs only a minority of people will convert because the sggs asks members of different faiths to be true to the ideals enshrined in each of their respective faiths, i say minority because there are the few who say we want to be part of such a faith which purports such an ideal of equality. It has nothing to do with logic.

Another method is like this one now where you are asking questions this is good it is a sign that you are willing to listen. You see there are various muslim and hindu bhagats whose writings were included in the sri guru granth sahib and they did not become Sikhs then why would I want to tell non-sikhs to become Sikhs, it is a free choice. farid was muslim/sufi, namdev was hindu bhagat etc etc they all did namaz etc or aarti but it was only after they inculcated a love for the divine that they repeated the name and therefore entered naam marg which is what sikhi believes in therefore the sentiment behind all faiths being a path to god is all religions have specific customs and literature and teachings these teachings help inculcate a love in the seeker to fall in love with god, when a person from another faith falls in love with god they transcend the teachings of their faith by repeating the name of god night and day with devotion and the lord answers their call and they acheive union. However this truth is not taught in other faiths therefore those faiths can never claim to be true, this is why sri guru granth sahib says the hindu is blind and the muslim is half blind because the truth is not found in their books.

Finally the gurdwara preaches everyday in some temples but to those who love the gurus message we don’t want to preach the message of Sikhism which we hold so dearly so it can fall on deaf ears would you go around selling something you loved on the streets and have it open to insult and ridicule by those who are not ready for such a message, the simple answer is no, when the seeker is ready a disciple in his gurus roop will appear. So far the only converts to Sikhism has been through vidya or knowledge, for eg, a lot of American and European converts converted through kundalini vidya, a lot of teenagers convert through shaster(martial arts) or gatka vidya, I think what I am trying to say is involve people through learning but not the intention to convert, what other than islam does your faith impart by ways of knowledge to the lay person? I can only think of the arabic language.

I'm kinda suprised at reading that all religions are right according to Sikhism, since i heard it says the other religions are false
[/QUOTE]

this quote shows that you have not understood anything i ever said to you in the past. Then when we get annoyed you say were not respectful.:heated:

ISDhillon:)

Muezzin
05-17-2006, 01:29 PM
I saw this white Sikh dude in full Indian dress in a Post Office once.

It was... surreal.

(note: there's nothing wrong with being Sikh, or being white, or wearing Indian clothes. Just put yourself in my shoes and tell me that it's not surreal to see that combination in a Post Office queue of all places)

Mohsin
05-17-2006, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ISDhillon
this quote shows that you have not understood anything i ever said to you in the past. Then when we get annoyed you say were not respectful.:heated:

Lol maybe its because you dont explain well! ;D

Also its no excuse to start acting rudely and unrespectfully. Islam teaches us when you are under any due pressure, you need to be tolerant and fight the shaytaan and not let the anger get the better of you

Anyway, the reason i asked was because that is what it said on a website, and on OxfordIslam a sikh said it to me aswell.

And i still think its contradicting to believe Muhammed was a Prophet of Sikhism when he preached nothing like it, and i find it hard to believe how he would openly disobey God. Its illogical- Illogical not just in Islam but in general. But i cant argue with you here bro, you believe beyond the realm of logic

ISDhillon
05-17-2006, 04:02 PM
And i still think its contradicting to believe Muhammed was a Prophet of Sikhism when he preached nothing like it, and i find it hard to believe how he would openly disobey God.

he was not a prophet of sikhism he was a prophet of god, there is a big difference, we do not care about anything before sikhism why should we? we would only care if we did not have our guru now but we do anytime i want to speak to god i can take hukumnamma from SGGS, no other religion has this thats why you need proof.

Its illogical- Illogical not just in Islam but in general. But i cant argue with you here bro, you believe beyond the realm of logic
[/QUOTE]

True so why do you keep mentioning it then? yeah yeah i know i know i'm being rude but i am not under pressure maybe its you who sees assertiveness as being rude, i know many asian families think any answering back to their elders is rude but luckily our parents brought us up to give killer jawaaab!!!!:rant:

BTW i hope you understand how their is no necessity for a logical god, that is merely an assumption on your behalf as i clearly highlighted in my last post on the impossible god, in fact my last post made clear sense so I do not understand what it is that you find hard to follow. Its very simple my scripture is incredibly logical even the parts which are deemed a contradiction are logical, because your mind cannot fathom such a thing you call it false but god has in fact proved his point that he is beyond the limits of human reason, it is erronous of you to label it false.

Have a nice day,

Khoza
05-17-2006, 04:17 PM
Thnx for replies

I see what you are saying that you dont go around converting people
But;

Nope he told all Hindus and Muslims to live as good Hindus and Muslims to do good deeds and remember God. For example to the Muslims he said 'Let mercy be your mosque, faith your prayer-mat, and honest living your Koran. Make modesty your circumcision, and good conduct your fast. In this way, you shall be a true Muslim.'

HeiGou
05-17-2006, 04:35 PM
And i still think its contradicting to believe Muhammed was a Prophet of Sikhism when he preached nothing like it, and i find it hard to believe how he would openly disobey God. Its illogical- Illogical not just in Islam but in general. But i cant argue with you here bro, you believe beyond the realm of logic
Perhaps you can understand how Muslims must sound to Christians and Jews when they claim Jesus and Moses were prophets of Islam?

Mohsin
05-17-2006, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
Perhaps you can understand how Muslims must sound to Christians and Jews when they claim Jesus and Moses were prophets of Islam?

I think you're missing the point. We explain that they were Prophets of God,m in submission to him, and by definition were Muslim.

Here however, although it is preaching an entirely different and contradicting belief Sikhs maintain that they believe he is a prophet. It just confuses me.

Your example HeiGou isn't very good actually, because whenever i explain it to Christians or Jews they always understand our perspective and see what we are saying. You'll never see them confused. In fact its one of the main reasons Jews and Christians convert, they see how we believe in the Prophets of before and how we preserved their high and noble status

HeiGou
05-17-2006, 05:15 PM
I think you're missing the point. We explain that they were Prophets of God,m in submission to him, and by definition were Muslim.

Here however, although it is preaching an entirely different and contradicting belief Sikhs maintain that they believe he is a prophet. It just confuses me.

Your example HeiGou isn't very good actually, because whenever i explain it to Christians or Jews they always understand our perspective and see what we are saying. You'll never see them confused. In fact its one of the main reasons Jews and Christians convert, they see how we believe in the Prophets of before and how we preserved their high and noble status
I don't think I am missing the point at all. You claim they were not Jews or Christians, but Muslims. It sounds exactly like what the Sikhs are saying to me. What is the difference?

Do you think that might have something to do with the fact that Christians and Jews are just very polite and don't care to argue over their religion? That Jews and Christians are taught to see other people's points of view and respect them? Very few Jews and Christians convert as it happens. And I am sure that any Sikh would tell you that they preserve Muhammed's high and noble status. I do not know though. Ask one.

Mohsin
05-17-2006, 05:21 PM
What is hard to believe about all the prophets of God being submitters to him. By definition then they are Muslims. Many of them would never have said "I am a muslim", but by definition they are.

And HeiGou you are misssing the point because i don't think you quite understand the 2 perspectives

Islam says all Prophets came with the same message, but the people and folloowers have changed it in some way. Now this point is what Christians and Jews find difficult to understand. But the actual concept in Islam, that all Prophets are submitters to God, no Jew or Christian i have ever met has found that hard to understand.

Now Sikhism doesn't say all Prophets are Prophets of God and the followers changed it. Instead they say nothing has been changed but the religions that exist today in this current form are all right, even though they contradict each other in many ways.

Do you see what i am saying now?

ISDhillon
05-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Now Sikhism doesn't say all Prophets are Prophets of God and the followers changed it. Instead they say nothing has been changed but the religions that exist today in this current form are all right, even though they contradict each other in many ways.

[/QUOTE]

no moss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never said that, I have said what you said earlier this is even more proof that you have paid no attention in this debate, the post about religion and dharma illustrated the idea behind all religions starting off similar but then the people went astray, I dont believe the way you live today is right nor does sikhism, the defintion of islam in our religion is the true islam not the one you perform today, if you practiced islam the way our gurus says god wants you too then indeed all paths would be equal and a path to god!!!!!! sikhism teaches you what real islam was, I cant believe your responses to Heigou you have not taken in anything that I have said and it is not cos my sentences are non-understandable I suggest you take a day off college and re-read everything I have ever written on this forum.

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the worst thing is i am labelled illogical.:grumbling

ISDhillon

jss
05-17-2006, 07:44 PM
What is hard to believe about all the prophets of God being submitters to him. By definition then they are Muslims. Many of them would never have said "I am a muslim", but by definition they are.

And HeiGou you are misssing the point because i don't think you quite understand the 2 perspectives

Islam says all Prophets came with the same message, but the people and folloowers have changed it in some way. Now this point is what Christians and Jews find difficult to understand. But the actual concept in Islam, that all Prophets are submitters to God, no Jew or Christian i have ever met has found that hard to understand.

Hi Moss ji

From my limited understanding I will try and explain this.
Correct me if I am wrong but does not Islam say that it's the only true religion and other religions are either contradictory or false?

Okay try and look at things from another perspective.
God is the creator of all and prophets such as Muhammed (pbuh) and Jesus Christ worship this one God and we are all the creation of him.

Religions are like routes leading to the centre, some take longer than others.

आसा महला ५ ॥
aasaa mehlaa 5.
Aasaa, Fifth Mehl:

ਏਕੁ ਬਗੀਚਾ ਪੇਡ ਘਨ ਕਰਿਆ ॥
एकु बगीचा पेड घन करिआ ॥
ayk bageechaa payd ghan kari-aa.
There is a garden, in which so many plants have grown.

ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਨਾਮੁ ਤਹਾ ਮਹਿ ਫਲਿਆ ॥੧॥
अम्रित नामु तहा महि फलिआ ॥१॥
amrit naam tahaa meh fali-aa. ||1||
They bear the Ambrosial Nectar of the Naam as their fruit. ||1||

ਐਸਾ ਕਰਹੁ ਬੀਚਾਰੁ ਗਿਆਨੀ ॥
ऐसा करहु बीचारु गिआनी ॥
aisaa karahu beechaar gi-aanee.
Consider this, O wise one,

ਜਾ ਤੇ ਪਾਈਐ ਪਦੁ ਨਿਰਬਾਨੀ ॥
जा ते पाईऐ पदु निरबानी ॥
jaa tay paa-ee-ai pad nirbaanee.
by which you may attain the state of Nirvaanaa.

ਆਸਿ ਪਾਸਿ ਬਿਖੂਆ ਕੇ ਕੁੰਟਾ ਬੀਚਿ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਹੈ ਭਾਈ ਰੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
आसि पासि बिखूआ के कुंटा बीचि अम्रितु है भाई रे ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
aas paas bikhoo-aa kay kuntaa beech amrit hai bhaa-ee ray. ||1|| rahaa-o.
All around this garden are pools of poison, but within it is the Ambrosial Nectar, O Siblings of Destiny. ||1||Pause||

ਸਿੰਚਨਹਾਰੇ ਏਕੈ ਮਾਲੀ ॥
सिंचनहारे एकै माली ॥
sinchanhaaray aikai maalee.
There is only one gardener who tends it.

ਖਬਰਿ ਕਰਤੁ ਹੈ ਪਾਤ ਪਤ ਡਾਲੀ ॥੨॥
खबरि करतु है पात पत डाली ॥२॥
khabar karat hai paat pat daalee. ||2||
He takes care of every leaf and branch. ||2||

ਸਗਲ ਬਨਸਪਤਿ ਆਣਿ ਜੜਾਈ ॥
सगल बनसपति आणि जड़ाई ॥
sagal banaspat aan jarhaa-ee.
He brings all sorts of plants and plants them there.

ਸਗਲੀ ਫੂਲੀ ਨਿਫਲ ਨ ਕਾਈ ॥੩॥
सगली फूली निफल न काई ॥३॥
saglee foolee nifal na kaa-ee. ||3||
They all bear fruit - none is without fruit. ||3||

ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਫਲੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਿਨਿ ਗੁਰ ਤੇ ਪਾਇਆ ॥
अम्रित फलु नामु जिनि गुर ते पाइआ ॥
amrit fal naam jin gur tay paa-i-aa.
One who receives the Ambrosial Fruit of the Naam from the Guru -

ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾਸ ਤਰੀ ਤਿਨਿ ਮਾਇਆ ॥੪॥੫॥੫੬॥
नानक दास तरी तिनि माइआ ॥४॥५॥५६॥
naanak daas taree tin maa-i-aa. ||4||5||56||
O Nanak, such a servant crosses over the ocean of Maya. ||4||5||56||

Ang, 385

Guru Nanak Dev Ji said "Truth is high but higher still is truthful living"

In this day and age the world is not following the attributes of religion which lead to truthful living. Rather than focusing focusing on slaying the inner demons of kaam,krodh,lobh,moh and ahankar which keep their minds restless and separate the soul from God:-

qRsnw lwgI ric rihAw AMqir haumY kUir ]
thrisanaa laagee rach rehiaa a(n)thar houmai koor ||
They are engrossed in clinging desires; within their hearts there is ego and falsehood.

Guru Arjan Dev Ji
Siree Raag

People from different denominations follow different things which they believe will take them closer to God. Some smother ashes over their bodies, some worship the dead, others idol worship etc but these rituals are of no avail.
They look for God on the outside but how many of them realise that God is within them.

ijn kY rwmu vsY mn mwih ]
jin kai raam vasai man maahi ||
within whose minds the Lord abides.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji
Jap

Only by followng the hukam of the Guru does the mortal become God realised and the dirt of the mind, from many lifetimes is washed away.

igAwn rqin mnu mwjIAY bhuiV n mYlw hoie ]
giaan rathan man maajeeai bahurr n mailaa hoe ||
When the mind is cleaned with the jewel of spiritual wisdom, it does not become dirty again.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji
Raag Maaroo

Guru means
Gu= from darkness
Ru= into light

The Guru has the power to grant mukhti (liberation) to the soul from the suffering of the cycle of reincarnation. By following the Guru's hukam and taking amrit can this be achieved. By taking amrit one becomes Khalsa.

http://www.sikhs.org/khalsa.htm

The Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the living Guru of the Sikhs. There were 10 mortal Guru's but the light of the Guru passed through the 10 mortal frames and now is in the Divine Guru Granth Sahib Ji. (SGGS)

SGGS tells us how to live a truthful life. For a Muslim:

सचु कमावै सोई काजी ॥
sach kamaavai so-ee kaajee.
He alone is a Qazi, who practices the Truth.

ਜੋ ਦਿਲੁ ਸੋਧੈ ਸੋਈ ਹਾਜੀ ॥
जो दिलु सोधै सोई हाजी ॥
jo dil soDhai so-ee haajee.
He alone is a Haji, a pilgrim to Mecca, who purifies his heart.

ਸੋ ਮੁਲਾ ਮਲਊਨ ਨਿਵਾਰੈ ਸੋ ਦਰਵੇਸੁ ਜਿਸੁ ਸਿਫਤਿ ਧਰਾ ॥੬॥
सो मुला मलऊन निवारै सो दरवेसु जिसु सिफति धरा ॥६॥
so mulaa mala-oon nivaarai so darvays jis sifat Dharaa. ||6||
He alone is a Mullah, who banishes evil; he alone is a saintly dervish, who takes the Support of the Lord's Praise. ||6||

ਸਭੇ ਵਖਤ ਸਭੇ ਕਰਿ ਵੇਲਾ ॥
सभे वखत सभे करि वेला ॥
sabhay vakhat sabhay kar vaylaa.
Always, at every moment,

ਖਾਲਕੁ ਯਾਦਿ ਦਿਲੈ ਮਹਿ ਮਉਲਾ ॥
खालकु यादि दिलै महि मउला ॥
khaalak yaad dilai meh ma-ulaa.
remember God, the Creator within your heart.

ਤਸਬੀ ਯਾਦਿ ਕਰਹੁ ਦਸ ਮਰਦਨੁ ਸੁੰਨਤਿ ਸੀਲੁ ਬੰਧਾਨਿ ਬਰਾ ॥੭॥
तसबी यादि करहु दस मरदनु सुंनति सीलु बंधानि बरा ॥७॥
tasbee yaad karahu das mardan sunat seel banDhaan baraa. ||7||
Let your meditation beads be the subjugation of the ten senses. Let good conduct and self-restraint be your circumcision. ||7||

ਦਿਲ ਮਹਿ ਜਾਨਹੁ ਸਭ ਫਿਲਹਾਲਾ ॥
दिल महि जानहु सभ फिलहाला ॥
dil meh jaanhu sabh filhaalaa.
You must know in your heart that everything is temporary.

ਖਿਲਖਾਨਾ ਬਿਰਾਦਰ ਹਮੂ ਜੰਜਾਲਾ ॥
खिलखाना बिरादर हमू जंजाला ॥
khilkhaanaa biraadar hamoo janjaalaa.
Family, household and siblings are all entanglements.

ਮੀਰ ਮਲਕ ਉਮਰੇ ਫਾਨਾਇਆ ਏਕ ਮੁਕਾਮ ਖੁਦਾਇ ਦਰਾ ॥੮॥
मीर मलक उमरे फानाइआ एक मुकाम खुदाइ दरा ॥८॥
meer malak umray faanaa-i-aa ayk mukaam khudaa-ay daraa. ||8||
Kings, rulers and nobles are mortal and transitory; only God's Gate is the permanent place. ||8||

ਅਵਲਿ ਸਿਫਤਿ ਦੂਜੀ ਸਾਬੂਰੀ ॥
अवलि सिफति दूजी साबूरी ॥
aval sifat doojee saabooree.
First, is the Lord's Praise; second, contentment;

ਤੀਜੈ ਹਲੇਮੀ ਚਉਥੈ ਖੈਰੀ ॥
तीजै हलेमी चउथै खैरी ॥
teejai halaymee cha-uthai khairee.
third, humility, and fourth, giving to charities.

ਪੰਜਵੈ ਪੰਜੇ ਇਕਤੁ ਮੁਕਾਮੈ ਏਹਿ ਪੰਜਿ ਵਖਤ ਤੇਰੇ ਅਪਰਪਰਾ ॥੯॥
पंजवै पंजे इकतु मुकामै एहि पंजि वखत तेरे अपरपरा ॥९॥
punjvai panjay ikat mukaamai ayhi panj vakhat tayray aparparaa. ||9||
Fifth is to hold one's desires in restraint. These are the five most sublime daily prayers. ||9||

ਸਗਲੀ ਜਾਨਿ ਕਰਹੁ ਮਉਦੀਫਾ ॥
सगली जानि करहु मउदीफा ॥
saglee jaan karahu ma-udeefaa.
Let your daily worship be the knowledge that God is everywhere.

ਬਦ ਅਮਲ ਛੋਡਿ ਕਰਹੁ ਹਥਿ ਕੂਜਾ ॥
बद अमल छोडि करहु हथि कूजा ॥
bad amal chhod karahu hath koojaa.
Let renunciation of evil actions be the water-jug you carry.

ਖੁਦਾਇ ਏਕੁ ਬੁਝਿ ਦੇਵਹੁ ਬਾਂਗਾਂ ਬੁਰਗੂ ਬਰਖੁਰਦਾਰ ਖਰਾ ॥੧੦॥
खुदाइ एकु बुझि देवहु बांगां बुरगू बरखुरदार खरा ॥१०॥
khudaa-ay ayk bujh dayvhu baaNgaaN burgoo barkhurdaar kharaa. ||10||
Let realization of the One Lord God be your call to prayer; be a good child of God - let this be your trumpet. ||10||

ਹਕੁ ਹਲਾਲੁ ਬਖੋਰਹੁ ਖਾਣਾ ॥
हकु हलालु बखोरहु खाणा ॥
hak halaal bakhorahu khaanaa.
Let what is earned righteously be your blessed food.

ਦਿਲ ਦਰੀਆਉ ਧੋਵਹੁ ਮੈਲਾਣਾ ॥
दिल दरीआउ धोवहु मैलाणा ॥
dil daree-aa-o Dhovahu mailaanaa.
Wash away pollution with the river of your heart.

ਪੀਰੁ ਪਛਾਣੈ ਭਿਸਤੀ ਸੋਈ ਅਜਰਾਈਲੁ ਨ ਦੋਜ ਠਰਾ ॥੧੧॥
पीरु पछाणै भिसती सोई अजराईलु न दोज ठरा ॥११॥
peer pachhaanai bhistee so-ee ajraa-eel na doj tharaa. ||11||
One who realizes the Prophet attains heaven. Azraa-eel, the Messenger of Death, does not cast him into hell. ||11||

ਕਾਇਆ ਕਿਰਦਾਰ ਅਉਰਤ ਯਕੀਨਾ ॥
काइआ किरदार अउरत यकीना ॥
kaa-i-aa kirdaar a-urat yakeenaa.
Let good deeds be your body, and faith your bride.

ਰੰਗ ਤਮਾਸੇ ਮਾਣਿ ਹਕੀਨਾ ॥
रंग तमासे माणि हकीना ॥
rang tamaasay maan hakeenaa.
Play and enjoy the Lord's love and delight.

ਨਾਪਾਕ ਪਾਕੁ ਕਰਿ ਹਦੂਰਿ ਹਦੀਸਾ ਸਾਬਤ ਸੂਰਤਿ ਦਸਤਾਰ ਸਿਰਾ ॥੧੨॥
नापाक पाकु करि हदूरि हदीसा साबत सूरति दसतार सिरा ॥१२॥
naapaak paak kar hadoor hadeesaa saabat soorat dastaar siraa. ||12||
Purify what is impure, and let the Lord's Presence be your religious tradition. Let your total awareness be the turban on your head. ||12||

ਮੁਸਲਮਾਣੁ ਮੋਮ ਦਿਲਿ ਹੋਵੈ ॥
मुसलमाणु मोम दिलि होवै ॥
musalmaan mom dil hovai.
To be Muslim is to be kind-hearted,

ਅੰਤਰ ਕੀ ਮਲੁ ਦਿਲ ਤੇ ਧੋਵੈ ॥
अंतर की मलु दिल ते धोवै ॥
antar kee mal dil tay Dhovai.
and wash away pollution from within the heart.

ਦੁਨੀਆ ਰੰਗ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਨੇੜੈ ਜਿਉ ਕੁਸਮ ਪਾਟੁ ਘਿਉ ਪਾਕੁ ਹਰਾ ॥੧੩॥
दुनीआ रंग न आवै नेड़ै जिउ कुसम पाटु घिउ पाकु हरा ॥१३॥
dunee-aa rang na aavai nayrhai ji-o kusam paat ghi-o paak haraa. ||13||
He does not even approach worldly pleasures; he is pure, like flowers, silk, ghee and the deer-skin. ||13||

ਜਾ ਕਉ ਮਿਹਰ ਮਿਹਰ ਮਿਹਰਵਾਨਾ ॥
जा कउ मिहर मिहर मिहरवाना ॥
jaa ka-o mihar mihar miharvaanaa.
One who is blessed with the mercy and compassion of the Merciful Lord,

ਸੋਈ ਮਰਦੁ ਮਰਦੁ ਮਰਦਾਨਾ ॥
सोई मरदु मरदु मरदाना ॥
so-ee marad marad mardaanaa.
is the manliest man among men.

ਸੋਈ ਸੇਖੁ ਮਸਾਇਕੁ ਹਾਜੀ ਸੋ ਬੰਦਾ ਜਿਸੁ ਨਜਰਿ ਨਰਾ ॥੧੪॥
सोई सेखु मसाइकु हाजी सो बंदा जिसु नजरि नरा ॥१४॥
so-ee saykh masaa-ik haajee so bandaa jis najar naraa. ||14||
He alone is a Shaykh, a preacher, a Haji, and he alone is God's slave, who is blessed with God's Grace. ||14||

ਕੁਦਰਤਿ ਕਾਦਰ ਕਰਣ ਕਰੀਮਾ ॥
कुदरति कादर करण करीमा ॥
kudrat kaadar karan kareemaa.
The Creator Lord has Creative Power; the Merciful Lord has Mercy.

ਸਿਫਤਿ ਮੁਹਬਤਿ ਅਥਾਹ ਰਹੀਮਾ ॥
सिफति मुहबति अथाह रहीमा ॥
sifat muhabat athaah raheemaa.
The Praises and the Love of the Merciful Lord are unfathomable.

ਹਕੁ ਹੁਕਮੁ ਸਚੁ ਖੁਦਾਇਆ ਬੁਝਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਬੰਦਿ ਖਲਾਸ ਤਰਾ ॥੧੫॥੩॥੧੨॥
हकु हुकमु सचु खुदाइआ बुझि नानक बंदि खलास तरा ॥१५॥३॥१२॥
hak hukam sach khudaa-i-aa bujh naanak band khalaas taraa. ||15||3||12||
Realize the True Hukam, the Command of the Lord, O Nanak; you shall be released from bondage, and carried across. ||15||3||12||

Ang, 1084

Taking reinarnation into consideration, by living truthfully and following Gods will the soul will move towards God, not away from him with the main aim of merging with God which is the ultimate bliss or paradise.

Following Gods will is regardless of any religion, there are no false religions as all paths lead to the same destination. Some may take longer than others but they are all going the same way and the Guru Granth Sahib ji emphasises the right way of living and of reaching God.

Thats how I see it :)

Alhu eyku msIiq bsqu hY Avru mulKu iksu kyrw ]
alahu eaek maseeth basath hai avar mulakh kis kaeraa ||
If the Lord Allah lives only in the mosque, then to whom does the rest of the world belong?

Bhagat Kabeer Ji
Raag Prabhaatee

Daffodil
05-17-2006, 08:03 PM
Sikhism came about to mix pelythesism and monethism together, however as we all know, that just does work, its like trying to mix oil and water. u cant one omnipitant god but then have loads of others as well. it just does not work.

Did u know that 10 percent of reverts to islam are infact sikh.

jss
05-17-2006, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
Sikhism came about to mix pelythesism and monethism together, however as we all know, that just does work, its like trying to mix oil and water. u cant one omnipitant god but then have loads of others as well. it just does not work.

Did u know that 10 percent of reverts to islam are infact sikh.

Worshipping more than one God,lol how does that fit in with Sikh thought?
Maybe you should actually try researching what Sikhi is.

Really 10%. Care to share the census info with everyone else

Daffodil
05-17-2006, 08:38 PM
Worshipping more than one God,lol how does that fit in with Sikh thought?
Maybe you should actually try researching what Sikhi is.

Really 10%. Care to share the census info with everyone else
as in they mixed hinduism (religion based on polythiesm) and islam (religion based on monethism) and called it sikhism

its like adding 1 and 1 and making 10 million it just dnt work.

and by the way i wud try researching what sikh is but all the sikhs i know or knew dont even have a clu themselves, as theyre so confused. My old best mate used to be sikh. she even took her shahada infact n started reading namaz n fasting with us subhanallah! she sed she always wanted to be muslim.

ISDhillon
05-17-2006, 08:56 PM
My old best mate used to be sikh. she even took her shahada infact n started reading namaz n fasting with us subhanallah! she sed she always wanted to be muslim.
[/QUOTE]

be honest there is no freind is there? its just what makes you feel good, dont be jealous daffodil you may be a rose in your next life ;D

jss
05-17-2006, 09:23 PM
as in they mixed hinduism (religion based on polythiesm) and islam (religion based on monethism) and called it sikhism

its like adding 1 and 1 and making 10 million it just dnt work.

and by the way i wud try researching what sikh is but all the sikhs i know or knew dont even have a clu themselves, as theyre so confused. My old best mate used to be sikh. she even took her shahada infact n started reading namaz n fasting with us subhanallah! she sed she always wanted to be muslim.
Sikhi isn't man made. It is from Akal Purakh (God) but if you think otherwise then I guess the sky is pink too.:)

Mohsin
05-17-2006, 09:32 PM

Daffodil, Sikhs only believe in one God, there is no polytheism in sikhism

But i know of several sikhs that have reverted to Islam, i wouldn't be suprised if it is more than 10% of reverts to Islam are sikhs.

Theres loads on the net

go to www.salaam.co.uk

on the forum search for sikh and you'll find some

ISDhillon
05-17-2006, 10:11 PM
[QUOTE]
But i know of several sikhs that have reverted to Islam, i wouldn't be suprised if it is more than 10% of reverts to Islam are sikhs.

I know of 1 person who became a muslim and then a couple of years later his family took him to india and got him married there to a proper sikh girl, I know of no others even the ones they parade on the internet are made up this has actually been proven when i get the link i will post it here. i remember one group of people did an article about a sikh girl and at the time it caused alot of contraversey and then they didnt realise and they posted it on another forum but this time their story didnt match the other one, and they were shamed on the forum cos they brought the evidence from the last forum they tried it on it was sooo funny and sad at the same time for them. secondly if you look back into history do you know the lenghts sikhs have gone to ,to resist becoming muslims, their is a book by Dr Gopal Singh Ji called "Partition 1947", in that book it has a detailed account of hundereds of villages in east punjab where the women and men jumped into the wells and killed themselves it was not against islam its jUst we believe in progress we dont believe in going back an evolutionary step so would rather be dead. In all 2 and half million perished this way. So really its all lies when you say this, I bet you think I am making it up.

BTW moss couldnt find any on that site do you wanna post a direct link?:thankyou:

firdaw
05-17-2006, 11:51 PM
Sikhism never heard intersting if they called themselves islam then why don't they act like muslims

ISDhillon
05-17-2006, 11:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by firdaw
Sikhism never heard intersting if they called themselves islam then why don't they act like muslims
I dont understand:?

Mohsin
05-18-2006, 08:02 AM
no moss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never said that, I have said what you said earlier this is even more proof that you have paid no attention in this debate, the post about religion and dharma illustrated the idea behind all religions starting off similar but then the people went astray, I dont believe the way you live today is right nor does sikhism, the defintion of islam in our religion is the true islam not the one you perform today, if you practiced islam the way our gurus says god wants you too then indeed all paths would be equal and a path to god!!!!!! sikhism teaches you what real islam was, I cant believe your responses to Heigou you have not taken in anything that I have said and it is not cos my sentences are non-understandable I suggest you take a day off college and re-read everything I have ever written on this forum.

ISDhillon
Well problem is you write really long posts, and then have all thgese quotations from the SGGS, and people get put off, but i stil do try and read it.

the post about religion and dharma illustrated the idea behind all religions starting off similar but then the people went astray,
So your saying the sahaba sent people astray> That the companions of the Prophet made up a religion? If they had followed what Muhammed PBUH preached then there would be Sikhism? Please clarify

ISDhillon
05-18-2006, 08:43 AM
So your saying the sahaba sent people astray> That the companions of the Prophet made up a religion? If they had followed what Muhammed PBUH preached then there would be Sikhism? Please clarify
[/QUOTE]

Simple sentence: yours is a religion not a dharma, god sends revelation to make dharma man makes religion, and yeah you have strayed and sikhism is the dharma for this age it was made in away that it could not be turned into a religion by its followers, eg, it is a direct revelation so the guru never left, it gives authority of the guru in the baptised group of faith followers, it has no obscurant dogma so nothing can harden its liberal spirit, it has an obligation to fight against anyhting which is not in line with gurmat ie manmat. Again you must read all quotes carefully or do not talk about my religion like you did with heigou cos your misrepresenting a religion you couldnt be bothered to read up on, it is sad to know i have done all of this for nothing.:unhappy:

Have a nicey spicey day:thankyou:

ISDhillon

Mohsin
05-18-2006, 10:05 AM

Simple sentence: yours is a religion not a dharma, god sends revelation to make dharma man makes religion, and yeah you have strayed and sikhism is the dharma for this age it was made in away that it could not be turned into a religion by its followers, eg, it is a direct revelation so the guru never left, it gives authority of the guru in the baptised group of faith followers, it has no obscurant dogma so nothing can harden its liberal spirit, it has an obligation to fight against anyhting which is not in line with gurmat ie manmat. Again you must read all quotes carefully or do not talk about my religion like you did with heigou cos your misrepresenting a religion you couldnt be bothered to read up on, it is sad to know i have done all of this for nothing.:unhappy:

Have a nicey spicey day:thankyou:

ISDhillon
Can i ask where did Islam go wrong? Ok so you believe Muhammed PBUH as a messenger of God. Now where did it all go wrong, either Muhammed PBUH didn't deliver the message properly, or his companions didn't tell of his message properly to others, which is it?

Daffodil
05-18-2006, 11:29 AM
be honest there is no freind is there? its just what makes you feel good, dont be jealous daffodil you may be a rose in your next life
I dnt like and make things up as islam forbids me to lie.

Daffodil
05-18-2006, 11:40 AM
I dont even try to understand sikhism because it has too many different interpretations, every sikh will tell u something different to what the other sikh sed.

All ive gotta say is why wud any god leave his followers lost, and form a religion/darma wateva u wanna call it, that has contradictions in it, what kind of god is that.

And if u believe in the prophet muhammed, why dnt u follow his message. it just doesnt make sense. I find it really hard to get my head round this sikh/hindu thing however the hinduism thing is more easier to understand.

Why is it that when u ask sikhs about what they follow, who what why where when and how they get confused and say i dnt know. how can u live ur life following lost sheep? can you really bet ur whole after life on a faith which has so many contradictions and chaos.

The reason why sikhism and hinduism have some aspect of Islam in them is because when Allahs messangers came down with messages and books etc, alot of deviated ppl took those books/messages away and currupted it and formed their own little religion/faith/dharma wateva u wanna call it. so its a mish mash of everything.

Any ways the more i think about it the more confused i get and the more i apreciate islam for its clear and simple message for all of mankind, a message which can be understood by any one, n u dnt have to be an imam or holy person or saint or rocket scientist to be able to understand and practice. Its plain and simple "la ilaha Ilallah" there is no god but Allah "muhammadur rasoolallah" and mohammed saw is his messanger.

ISDhillon
05-18-2006, 12:13 PM
Can i ask where did Islam go wrong?
Do you remember the quotes i gave you from SGGS read them again and you will understand if you cant be bothered then i cant either.

Ok so you believe Muhammed PBUH as a messenger of God.
no, angel gabrielle is the messenger of god, your prophet is a prophet not a messenger, he was chosen to dictate the word he was not a messenger. Whereas my guru dwells in the lord at all times the difference is inredibly significant even if you fail to acknowledge that.

Now where did it all go wrong, either Muhammed PBUH didn't deliver the message properly,
the firmeness of naam was not given its due by both your prophet and the angel, angels are not dwelling in the lord unlike my guru.

or his companions didn't tell of his message properly to others, which is it?
the koran was not written by the angel or the prophet but composed in the hearts and minds of the companions who were also not dwelling in the lord at all times, simple they wrote it down wrong, again I have answered these questions many times its you who refuses to accept the truth.

So youve got a claim of indirect revelation which was compiled by ordinary mortals many years after it all happened mmmm I rather pass on that one thanks all the same. In comparison to my guru who gave SGGS a formal investiture of authority , you cant beat that no way!!

ISDhillon
05-18-2006, 12:25 PM
I dont even try to understand sikhism because it has too many different interpretations, every sikh will tell u something different to what the other sikh sed.
Thats a good thing not a bad one self-realisation is an individual path as dharma should be. If youre taliking about doctrine then take time out and read a book I certainly would not ask you about Islam judging by youre understanding of sikhism.:uhwhat

All ive gotta say is why wud any god leave his followers lost, and form a religion/darma wateva u wanna call it, that has contradictions in it, what kind of god is that.
Its funny isnt it one person makes a noise about contradictionand you all have a flight of fancy yipeee sikhism must be wrong the saddest thing is I dont think I have the energy to show you your error I guess I am also one of those people who are confused also lol.:giggling:

And if u believe in the prophet muhammed, why dnt u follow his message. it just doesnt make sense. I find it really hard to get my head round this sikh/hindu thing however the hinduism thing is more easier to understand.
I do not believe in youre prophet nor do I believe in any other prophet that ever came from your abrahamic lineage your faiths did not come from god they are all the angels words not gods. I believe only in the existence of such prophets cos my guru says so that they existed but my guru also advise the whole of manking that the koran is FALSE QED.

can you really bet ur whole after life on a faith which has so many contradictions and chaos.
Contradictions galore? you know nothing of sikhism outside of this forum I suggest you make a library card and go visit one. Our religion supports more science than any other religion even evolution, but I have noticed that certain members are a serious case against evolution on this site.

The reason why sikhism and hinduism have some aspect of Islam in them is because when Allahs messangers came down with messages and books etc, alot of deviated ppl took those books/messages away and currupted it and formed their own little religion/faith/dharma wateva u wanna call it. so its a mish mash of everything.
whatever!!!!!! and then some. You know when you pray you will know if what youre saying now is true cos you will have one-pointedness in youre concentration if you dont then youre faith is devided and you are a deviant.

"la ilaha Ilallah" there is no god but Allah "muhammadur rasoolallah" and mohammed saw is his messanger.
correction youre prophet was his prophet not messenger, thats a deviant interpretation and so too is the adage "last and final" but you never used that so you deserve some credit.

Go to the library and get educated atop asking joe bloggs about sikhism,

ISDhillon:statisfie

shahidiceprince
05-18-2006, 12:38 PM
It is also said that Guru Nanak was a muslim, infact, he went to Haj(pilgrimage to the holy places).
And moreover, there is no evidence that he started a new religion, he only tried to uphold the faith of Islam!
Then why is Sikhism called a faith, when its originator was originally a Muslim???
It deserves to be a sect of Islam if it is said to be 'pure' islam, as said by my brothers in this thread!!!

ISDhillon
05-18-2006, 12:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shahidiceprince
It is also said that Guru Nanak was a muslim, infact, he went to Haj(pilgrimage to the holy places).
And moreover, there is no evidence that he started a new religion, he only tried to uphold the faith of Islam!
Then why is Sikhism called a faith, when its originator was originally a Muslim???
It deserves to be a sect of Islam if it is said to be 'pure' islam, as said by my brothers in this thread!!!

Read the whole thread, then read http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...awah-sikh.html

then read:

http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...4-sikhism.html

a sect of islam?

you wish!!!

I request that the moderators merge the sikhism threads so that participants will read all comments before making the same comments. Remember folks this aint a chatroom. Just think if I wasnt here how many lies would their be on this forum.:rollseyes

Daffodil
05-18-2006, 12:52 PM
correction youre prophet was his prophet not messenger, thats a deviant interpretation and so too is the adage "last and final" but you never used that so you deserve some credit.

Go to the library and get educated atop asking joe bloggs about sikhism,

ISDhillon:statisfie
im from leicester which is FULL of hindus and sikhs, most of my friends were hindu n sikh, my best friend was sikh, so i think its fair to say i do know what theyre all about.

Are u practicing sikh. i.e dnt drink, fornicate, eat meat etc etc. as drinking fornication n meat are prohibited in sikhism.

ISDhillon
05-18-2006, 01:02 PM
im from leicester which is FULL of hindus and sikhs,
Not full of sikhs just there is some sikhs, mostly there is gujaratis, you only have to go down melton road on divali to see how gujjis outnumber the sikhs lol:giggling:

most of my friends were hindu n sikh, my best friend was sikh, so i think its fair to say i do know what theyre all about.
not true you cnt understand a religion just from people who were born into that religion its like me learning about islam from the scruffy rudeboy pakistani kids who sell drugs and play there music really loud from their badboy cars, do you get me?

Are u practicing sikh. i.e dnt drink, fornicate, eat meat etc etc. as drinking fornication n meat are prohibited in sikhism.
practicing? I try my best but fall way below the standard (dont take advantage of my honesty). Intoxication is forbidden not cos its sunful but cos it can make you do things which will affect youre sikhi alcohol is necessary in drugs. Eat meat? - this is not forbidden just advised to not consume, My family no longer eat meat but this was not out of compulsion. Fornication? - no, and its been a while since i have heard that word so was quite surprised you asked me.

shahidiceprince
05-18-2006, 01:04 PM
Read the whole thread, then read http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...awah-sikh.html

then read:

http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...4-sikhism.html

a sect of islam?

you wish!!!

I request that the moderators merge the sikhism threads so that participants will read all comments before making the same comments. Remember folks this aint a chatroom. Just think if I wasnt here how many lies would their be on this forum.:rollseyes

Tell me any one lie posted in this forum by the Muslim brothers.

I'LL DEFEND THEM!!!

Mohsin
05-18-2006, 01:43 PM
alcohol is necessary in drugs.
Bro thats a cop out. Even muslims can use medicine with alcohol in it if there is no alternative medicine. She obviously meant beer

shahidiceprince
05-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Yeah. And it is also mentioned in the Qur'an that we can have medicines mixed in alcohol which are absolutely necessary to cure us.

Mohsin
05-18-2006, 02:08 PM
Yeah. And it is also mentioned in the Qur'an that we can have medicines mixed in alcohol which are absolutely necessary to cure us.

Really, where?

jss
05-18-2006, 02:30 PM
[QUOTE=shahidiceprince;316032]Tell me any one lie posted in this forum by the Muslim brothers.

I'LL DEFEND THEM!!![/QUOTE

Muslim hey. When he said himself 'Na Koi Hindu Na Koi Musalmaan'

Also he didn't go to hajj, he went to spread sat (truth),as revealed by God and travelled the four corners of the known world. Unlike other religions some of the Guru's clothes, letters by them, weapons are still maintained in places all over India and the rest of the world. Muslims have personally said to me he dressed like a Muslim. Nonsence the chola he wore had common resemblence of the clothes that people wore of those times, I have seen it with my own eyes. So please do not make up fairy tales.

ISDhillon
05-18-2006, 02:30 PM

I'LL DEFEND THEM!!!
then defend yourself by proving Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji was a muslim, 24 million and growing disagree with a vengence.:rant:

About alcohol?, yes i dont drink beer i thought i made that clear in my last post, however rum for sore throats is also not wrong, you see you evidently forbid the substance known as alcohol, we advise not to drink alocohol cos of intoxiacation, therefore all intoxicants were forbidden simply because i know no man who can behave after consuming vast amounts of alcohol, and why should forbidding alcohol be something to be proud of?, say intoxication and alcohol seperately. :okay:

jss
05-18-2006, 02:31 PM
Bro thats a cop out. Even muslims can use medicine with alcohol in it if there is no alternative medicine. She obviously meant beer

Alcohol if drunk will intoxicate and hinders spiritual development.

ISDhillon
05-18-2006, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=jss;316284]

I'LL DEFEND THEM!!![/QUOTE

Muslim hey. When he said himself 'Na Koi Hindu Na Koi Musalmaan'

Also he didn't go to hajj, he went to spread sat (truth),as revealed by God and travelled the four corners of the known world. Unlike other religions some of the Guru's clothes, letters by them, weapons are still maintained in places all over India and the rest of the world. Muslims have personally said to me he dressed like a Muslim. Nonsence the chola he wore had common resemblence of the clothes that people wore of those times, I have seen it with my own eyes. So please do not make up fairy tales.
well said, I have seen the chola aswell its in very poor condition I do not feel the management have looked after it well over the centuries, the same can be said of the chola of bandi-chor that Sri Guru Hargobind Ji used it is also in a bad conditon, why didnt somebody invent mothballs earlier lol;D

jss
05-18-2006, 02:47 PM

Why is it that when u ask sikhs about what they follow, who what why where when and how they get confused and say i dnt know. how can u live ur life following lost sheep? can you really bet ur whole after life on a faith which has so many contradictions and chaos.

Any ways the more i think about it the more confused i get and the more i apreciate islam for its clear and simple message for all of mankind, a message which can be understood by any one, n u dnt have to be an imam or holy person or saint or rocket scientist to be able to understand and practice. Its plain and simple "la ilaha Ilallah" there is no god but Allah "muhammadur rasoolallah" and mohammed saw is his messanger.
Muslims tell me different things aswell. But I know too well that if someone who calls himself a Muslim gambles, it doesn't mean that Islamic thought agrees with gambling.
What contradictions?
We acknowledge the existence of the Prophet as we do the Hindu Dietes. But why follow any of them as they cannot grant mukhti. Only the True Guru can grant that. (for further info please refer to past posts)

Again asking people individually wholly depends on if they follow and practice the Guru's teachings. In every religion not everyone has the same knowledge.

Actually unlike any following, the scriptures SGGS was written and compiled by Guru Arjan Dev Ji HIMSELF.
And Sikhi is simple..

But fare play to you for following your faith. Your religion is beautiful to you and mine is to me.:)

jss
05-18-2006, 02:50 PM
[QUOTE=ISDhillon;316295]

well said, I have seen the chola aswell its in very poor condition I do not feel the management have looked after it well over the centuries, the same can be said of the chola of bandi-chor that Sri Guru Hargobind Ji used it is also in a bad conditon, why didnt somebody invent mothballs earlier lol;D
Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki FATEH!

Seriously bhaji, too many ppl care about their kursi nowadays than anything else. sgpc cough cough, lol.

I've got a pic of Guru Gobind Singhs dastaar aswell if you want me to email it to you:)

ISDhillon
05-18-2006, 02:58 PM
[QUOTE]

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki FATEH!

Seriously bhaji, too many ppl care about their kursi nowadays than anything else. sgpc cough cough, lol.

I've got a pic of Guru Gobind Singhs dastaar aswell if you want me to email it to you:)
i have seen the dastar its in sikhnet, panthic.org archives and tribuneindia archives, theres a sikh museam i think smithsoanian online i cant remember there is alot of stuff on that aswell, I have been to most gurdwaras in india just want to go pakistan one day hopefully never been.

tables/chairs and baba in chicago lol;D

ISDhillon

jss
05-18-2006, 03:07 PM
[QUOTE=ISDhillon;316336]

i have seen the dastar its in sikhnet, panthic.org archives and tribuneindia archives, theres a sikh museam i think smithsoanian online i cant remember there is alot of stuff on that aswell, I have been to most gurdwaras in india just want to go pakistan one day hopefully never been.

tables/chairs and baba in chicago lol;D

ISDhillon
lol, yeah i'd love to go pakistan aswell, think soho roadies are planning a yatra in november. Yeh chicagowala is still on the loose :giggling:

If you ask me too many badal rss chelay in key positions.:rollseyes

ISDhillon
05-18-2006, 03:09 PM
[QUOTE=jss;316358]

lol, yeah i'd love to go pakistan aswell, think soho roadies are planning a yatra in november. Yeh chicagowala is still on the loose :giggling:

If you ask me too many badal rss chelay in key positions.:rollseyes
I think suicide rate in farmers is the important issue in india anyways, we need ekta so got to learn to sit on one platform with all factions:)

jss
05-18-2006, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE=ISDhillon;316368]

I think suicide rate in farmers is the important issue in india anyways, we need ekta so got to learn to sit on one platform with all factions:)

Tru, Guru Gobind Singh ji gave us panj piyaare to also steer panth. But nowadays its more jathedarship and we both know how much they do.

Daffodil
05-18-2006, 03:28 PM
Muslims tell me different things aswell. But I know too well that if someone who calls himself a Muslim gambles, it doesn't mean that Islamic thought agrees with gambling.
What contradictions?
We acknowledge the existence of the Prophet as we do the Hindu Dietes. But why follow any of them as they cannot grant mukhti. Only the True Guru can grant that. (for further info please refer to past posts)

Again asking people individually wholly depends on if they follow and practice the Guru's teachings. In every religion not everyone has the same knowledge.

Actually unlike any following, the scriptures SGGS was written and compiled by Guru Arjan Dev Ji HIMSELF.
And Sikhi is simple..

But fare play to you for following your faith. Your religion is beautiful to you and mine is to me.:)
im not talking about issues like that, im talking about the fundamental beliefs (which sikh ppl in their religion dont even believe in the same thing) i.e there is not diety worthy of worship accept Allah and the prophet saw is his last and final messanger, and the five pillars and belief in the angels, books, prophets, day of judgment, after life, fate/destiny etc.

i

ISDhillon
05-18-2006, 03:32 PM
im not talking about issues like that, im talking about the fundamental beliefs (which sikh ppl in their religion dont even believe in the same thing) i.e there is not diety worthy of worship accept Allah and the prophet saw is his last and final messanger, and the five pillars and belief in the angels, books, prophets, day of judgment, after life, fate/destiny etc.

i

ours is even simpler its called mool mantar and most sikhs will know this of by heart:

Punjabi: ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਿਰਵੈਰੁ ਅਕਾਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਅਜੂਨੀ ਸੈਭੰ ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
ISO 15919 transliteration: Ika ōaṅkāra sati nāmu karatā purakhu nirabha'u niravairu akāla mūrati ajūnī saibhaṃ gura prasādi
Simplified transliteration: Ik ōaṅkār sat nām kartā purkh nirbha'u nirvair akāl mūrat ajūnī saibhaṃ gur prasād ||
English: One God. Truth is his name. Creative Being Personified. No Fear. No Malice. Image Of The Undying, Beyond Birth, Self-Existent. By Guru's Grace ~

Daffodil
05-18-2006, 03:36 PM
ok

why so dont u worship god how he wants to be worshiped, and

why do u worship him and pray to him through intercession by other priests,

why dnt u pray to him directly and

why dnt u follow the quran which is the word of god

jss
05-18-2006, 03:44 PM
Daffodil just wanna ask some genuine questions about Muslims that have always puzzled me.

Do Muslims believe in reincarnation?

In regard to heaven and hell, how does do the Islamic scriptures describe heaven, and hell?

Is it true that according to your religion non-Muslims cannot enter paradise/heaven?

Under sharia law, is it true that if a Muslim converts to another faith then
they should be killed?

jss
05-18-2006, 03:48 PM
ok

We do by following the Guru's teaching and japping naam.

By priests? Anyone who can is allowed to read Guru Granth Sahib Ji. It is not confined to a 'priesthood.'

Again we do pray to him directly.

As for the quran, if you believe in Islam then by all means follow it, be a good Muslim.
But to me my Guru is the Guru Granth Sahib which is the word of God. :)

Daffodil
05-18-2006, 04:05 PM
Daffodil just wanna ask some genuine questions about Muslims that have always puzzled me.

In regard to heaven and hell, how does do the Islamic scriptures describe heaven, and hell?

Is it true that according to your religion non-Muslims cannot enter paradise/heaven?

they should be killed?
we dnt believe in reincarnation, however there is life after death where we will reside in either hell or heaven for eternity after we have been judgeded by our creator.

heaven and hell is mentioned countless times in the quran and the hadith of the prophet saw, and is described in many ways. it describes different punishments in the hell fire etc and different rewards in paradise.

a non muslim will never be able to enter paradise. however a person who believes in Allah swt will.

and yes a person who aposticates from islam shud be killed under shariah law as there is no disbelief after belief. altho there are certain conditions i believe such as them being given a chance to repent and come back to the deen al haq, ill find out for u but yes they are killed if they aposticate.

jss
05-18-2006, 04:13 PM
we dnt believe in reincarnation, however there is life after death where we will reside in either hell or heaven for eternity after we have been judgeded by our creator.

heaven and hell is mentioned countless times in the quran and the hadith of the prophet saw, and is described in many ways. it describes different punishments in the hell fire etc and different rewards in paradise.

a non muslim will never be able to enter paradise. however a person who believes in Allah swt will.

and yes a person who aposticates from islam shud be killed under shariah law as there is no disbelief after belief. altho there are certain conditions i believe such as them being given a chance to repent and come back to the deen al haq, ill find out for u but yes they are killed if they aposticate.

:) Thanks for the insight

jss
05-18-2006, 04:14 PM
Also sorry forgot to also ask.

What is 'deen al haq'?

Daffodil
05-18-2006, 04:27 PM
deen means religion, haq means the truth, so religion of truth.

ive gotta go now as ive gotta giv my crappy fone back to the shop.

Khoza
05-18-2006, 04:35 PM
Hmmm so your telling me that God (Allah) would allow you to enter paradise because you've branded yourself a Muslim in another words all the non muslims who dedicate their life to charity and good deeds and who believe in the almighty would be sent to hell when they die since they are not Muslims.
Ok interesting especially since if thats true then im guessing that all the people before the creation of Islam must have been sent to hell.

Ghazi
05-18-2006, 04:47 PM
Hmmm so your telling me that God (Allah) would allow you to enter paradise because you've branded yourself a Muslim in another words all the non muslims who dedicate their life to charity and good deeds and who believe in the almighty would be sent to hell when they die since they are not Muslims.
Ok interesting especially since if thats true then im guessing that all the people before the creation of Islam must have been sent to hell.

The past prophets are considered muslim since they taught the laws of allah and their followers will inshallah be in janna, a good non-muslim is reward here on earth for his good deeds but when we get to the hearafter there will be nothing for them.

ISDhillon
05-18-2006, 05:03 PM
[QUOTE=Daffodil;316410]ok

worship is not enough self-realisation is mans purpose even yours without it you will be reborn.
a sikh has an unbroken lineage with the creator gurbani is not only the word of god the word is god.

we do more than just that our bani awakens our soul this is the greatness of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji no other scripture does that and those that say that their scripture does then must also believe in the concept of self-realisation

the koran is false I have told you this before our guru says all semitic and hindu scriptures are false, they are not the word of god they are the word of an angel, if you want the word of god you must read Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji it is the only direct revelation on earth.

ISDhillon:thankyou:

ISDhillon
05-18-2006, 05:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

The past prophets are considered muslim since they taught the laws of allah and their followers will inshallah be in janna, a good non-muslim is reward here on earth for his good deeds but when we get to the hearafter there will be nothing for them.

our religion which is the only direct revelation says this belief is false you are welcome to it but we know the truth and that is that there is no judgement of sorts at all, what comes after can judge the past but the past cannot judge the future, when islam was faced with the gurus they all bowed down in reverence as they knew they had been living a lie, but cos times gone on the ego has swelled and you think your religion is true but we know better.

ISDhillon
05-18-2006, 05:08 PM
[/QUOTE]

this would not be allowed in sikhism even for muslims this is a form of tyranny as god has never taught us such cruelty in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji no wonder my gurus reject these scriptures as false I pray that waheguru will rehabilitate you from such beliefs.:)

Ghazi
05-18-2006, 05:10 PM
our religion which is the only direct revelation says this belief is false you are welcome to it but we know the truth and that is that there is no judgement of sorts at all, what comes after can judge the past but the past cannot judge the future, when islam was faced with the gurus they all bowed down in reverence as they knew they had been living a lie, but cos times gone on the ego has swelled and you think your religion is true but we know better.

Muslims bow to a guru never, can you prove this.

ISDhillon
05-18-2006, 05:18 PM

Muslims bow to a guru never, can you prove this.
what do you think we all came from?

pir buddhu shah, mian meer, ghani khan nabhi khan, mardana, 700 pathans converted to sikhism out of love for guru gobind singh ji, dara shikoh, when guru nanak left this earth hindus and muslim fought for his funeral ceremony, must i go on, in fact even today in pakistan many muslims believe in sikhism more than islam but obviously they dont make a song and dance about cos you people kill them. Let me know if you want more there is an abundance of persian poetry, literature, and even your prophets son-inlaw saif i think hazrat ali was given to the guru:http://www.tribuneindia.com/2006/20060210/punjab1.htm#7

happy reading amigos,

ISDhillon

Nicola
05-18-2006, 05:33 PM
what do you think we all came from?

pir buddhu shah, mian meer, ghani khan nabhi khan, mardana, 700 pathans converted to sikhism out of love for guru gobind singh ji, dara shikoh, when guru nanak left this earth hindus and muslim fought for his funeral ceremony, must i go on, in fact even today in pakistan many muslims believe in sikhism more than islam but obviously they dont make a song and dance about cos you people kill them. Let me know if you want more there is an abundance of persian poetry, literature, and even your prophets son-inlaw saif i think hazrat ali was given to the guru:http://www.tribuneindia.com/2006/20060210/punjab1.htm#7

happy reading amigos,

ISDhillon
This is really interesting...if you have time...would you tell me...basically is this artical true..the links below

Historically, local forms of Islam and Hinduism have borrowed from each other and we need to build on this to critique other forms of religion propagated by political elites and right-wing obscurantist religious groups that are exclusivist and that target people of other faiths'.

Sindh is known for its deeply-rooted Sufi traditions, which brought together Sindhi Hindus and Muslims in shared cultural world characterized by reverence of common saints. The situation in Punjab is similar. 'Numerous Punjabi Sufi saints, whose works are still immensely popular, are known for their breath of vision, seeing God's light in every particle of the universe, in the mosque as well as the temple', says Saeeda Diep, my host in Lahore. She takes me to the shrine of Madho Lal Husain in downtown Lahore, a unique Sufi dargah that houses the graves of two male lovers, Madho, a Hindu, and Husain, a Muslim, who were so close that they are today remembered by a single name. She waxes eloquent about the unconventional love relationship between the two that angered the pundits and mullahs but won the hearts of the masses.

http://www.countercurrents.org/ipk-sikand260106.htm

Peace

Kidman
05-18-2006, 05:44 PM

You are wrong. There are good Christians, and Jews, that are "people of the book" that will enter heaven also. Not just the ones from before Islam, but after as well. You cannot say that a good person, will not enter heaven... you cannot be one to judge that. They must though, believe in only ONE God. Allah is Most Gracious, Most Merciful, and Most forgiving.

If the person studied Islam and then rejects the teachings then yes, Islamically that person is sentenced to hell even though they might be a good person. If a person never really studied Islam but is still a good person... he will be tested during the day of Judgement and that will determine him/her entrance to heaven or hell.

Same as if there was a person that lives in a remote area, but they never heard the word Islam, Muslim, or anything related to that... then Allah is not going to punish them for that. If the person lives a good life, believes in God, and does good deeds and stuff then that in itself could be a good enough entrance to heaven.

Kavon

ISDhillon
05-18-2006, 06:04 PM
Hi Nicola,

Actually their many stories like that one I will post one here, its about a muslim saint called sarmad who was executed also by aurangzeb: http://www.crda-france.org/fr/6histo...de_sarmad1.htm

there many like him all of them were brutally tortured or executed by the regime of that time thats why khalsa was created to make sure that the sign of the shah would be for eternity wiped of the face of the earth. The article is by a popualr writer who has tried with all his might to reconnect india and pakistan, the problem with him is sometimes he, perhaps unknowingly, is deliberately contraversial so people are weary of what he writes. But yeah the article is good not fully accurate though but you see punjab, sindh and basically that whole of india have an incredibly rich cultural heritage, on ourside of pujab which is the eastern side we have preserved culture and reconstructed new genres aswell, but the western side is being fastly eroded by religious fanatics. The good thing is that mussharraf has wisened up to this bigotry early on and so is striking them hard and rooting out all the baddies. Basically its like freedom and democracy, in punjab the state of living was great even prior to the raj and people dont forget that, islamic theocracy just did not work for the people of pakistan cos they share a composite heritage with india and therefore you cannot function as a body with your legs chopped of. This prooves that societies can only evolve not devolve, like they say "once you go black you never go back" lol;D

Kind regards,

ISDhillon

Ghazi
05-18-2006, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kidman
You are wrong. There are good Christians, and Jews, that are "people of the book" that will enter heaven also. Not just the ones from before Islam, but after as well. You cannot say that a good person, will not enter heaven... you cannot be one to judge that. They must though, believe in only ONE God. Allah is Most Gracious, Most Merciful, and Most forgiving.

If the person studied Islam and then rejects the teachings then yes, Islamically that person is sentenced to hell even though they might be a good person. If a person never really studied Islam but is still a good person... he will be tested during the day of Judgement and that will determine him/her entrance to heaven or hell.

Same as if there was a person that lives in a remote area, but they never heard the word Islam, Muslim, or anything related to that... then Allah is not going to punish them for that. If the person lives a good life, believes in God, and does good deeds and stuff then that in itself could be a good enough entrance to heaven.

Kavon
Salaam

Your wrong brother, Islam has been sent down to this dunya, look around you most people know about islam through the media, without accepting the message our prophet(pbuh) told us about then your doomed, allah has prefected our deen so why would he accept something else, to your second point someone who can honestly say they havn't heard of islam then they'll have a speciel test for them on the day of judgment, remember we enter janna through the mercy of allah not our deeds a person could be a saint but if that person isn't a muslim then it won't matter on the hearafter.

ISDhillon
05-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Salaam

Your wrong brother, Islam has been sent down to this dunya, look around you most people know about islam through the media, without accepting the message our prophet(pbuh) told us about then your doomed, allah has prefected our deen so why would he accept something else, to your second point someone who can honestly say they havn't heard of islam then they'll have a speciel test for them on the day of judgment, remember we enter janna through the mercy of allah not our deeds a person could be a saint but if that person isn't a muslim then it won't matter on the hearafter.

No offence but this has nothing to do with sikhism so by all means raise it as a new thread in the basics of islam section ,because i remember the other sikhism thread ended up about a discussion on the Dr ZN lecture about the sexual activities of pigs, and i dont want that to happen on this one.

Thankx

Ghazi
05-18-2006, 06:14 PM
No offence but this has nothing to do with sikhism so by all means raise it as a new thread in the basics of islam section ,because i remember the other sikhism thread ended up about a discussion on the Dr ZN lecture about the sexual activities of pigs, and i dont want that to happen on this one.

Thankx

Fair enough sorry for posting off-topic.

- Qatada -
05-18-2006, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kidman

Kavon

:salamext:

Brother, that is not correct.

Surely those who disbelieve in Allah and His apostles and (those who) desire to make a distinction between Allah and His apostles and say: We believe in some and disbelieve in others, and desire to take a course between (this and) that.

These it is that are truly unbelievers
, and We have prepared for the unbelievers a disgraceful chastisement.

[Surah Nisaa Ayah 150-151]

Therefore, Allaah Almighty is telling us that if a person rejects one of the prophets, he has rejected them all.

And if a christian or jew has rejected our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) - then he has rejected all the previous prophets too [inc. Jesus, Moses & all the other prophets (peace be upon them all]

If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah), never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter He will be in the ranks of those who have lost (All spiritual good). (Qur'an 3:85)

Allaah Almighty knows best.

:wasalamex

Nicola
05-18-2006, 06:34 PM
Hi Nicola,

Actually their many stories like that one I will post one here, its about a muslim saint called sarmad who was executed also by aurangzeb: http://www.crda-france.org/fr/6histo...de_sarmad1.htm

there many like him all of them were brutally tortured or executed by the regime of that time thats why khalsa was created to make sure that the sign of the shah would be for eternity wiped of the face of the earth. The article is by a popualr writer who has tried with all his might to reconnect india and pakistan, the problem with him is sometimes he, perhaps unknowingly, is deliberately contraversial so people are weary of what he writes. But yeah the article is good not fully accurate though but you see punjab, sindh and basically that whole of india have an incredibly rich cultural heritage, on ourside of pujab which is the eastern side we have preserved culture and reconstructed new genres aswell, but the western side is being fastly eroded by religious fanatics. The good thing is that mussharraf has wisened up to this bigotry early on and so is striking them hard and rooting out all the baddies. Basically its like freedom and democracy, in punjab the state of living was great even prior to the raj and people dont forget that, islamic theocracy just did not work for the people of pakistan cos they share a composite heritage with india and therefore you cannot function as a body with your legs chopped of. This prooves that societies can only evolve not devolve, like they say "once you go black you never go back" lol;D

Kind regards,

ISDhillon
thank you for helping me understand more..
this is really good news...I'll have to ask my friends about it..

"once you go black you never go back
;D

ISDhillon
05-18-2006, 06:35 PM
Satsriakal!:thankyou:

When it comes to the evolution of life, Guru Arjun (fifth Nanak) couldn’t have spoken more clearly than these words about 250 years before Charles Darwin:

Homo sapiens evolved through countless forms of life like other species - ants, worms, moths, fish, elephants, dears, snakes and domestic animals like horses and bullocks- starting from inanimate matter, the basic elements. Moreover, he goes on to say that basic elements were recycled as inanimate matter like rock and mountains before the creation of “building blocks” for evolution of a living cell. Please see quote from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji:

gauVI guAwryrI mhlw 5 ]

gourree guaaraeree mehalaa 5 ||

Gauree Gwaarayree, Fifth Mehl:

10 NULL NULL

keI jnm Bey kIt pqMgw ]

kee janam bheae keett pathangaa ||

In so many incarnations, you were a worm and an insect;

10 Gaurhee Guaarayree Guru Arjan Dev

keI jnm gj mIn kurMgw ]

kee janam gaj meen kurangaa ||

in so many incarnations, you were an elephant, a fish and a deer.

11 Gaurhee Guaarayree Guru Arjan Dev

keI jnm pMKI srp hoieE ]

kee janam pankhee sarap hoeiou ||

In so many incarnations, you were a bird and a snake.

keI jnm hYvr ibRK joieE ]1]

kee janam haivar brikh joeiou ||1||

In so many incarnations, you were yoked as an ox and a horse. ||1||

imlu jgdIs imln kI brIAw ]

mil jagadhees milan kee bareeaa ||

Meet the Lord of the Universe - now is the time to meet Him.

12 Gaurhee Guaarayree Guru Arjan Dev

icrMkwl ieh dyh sMjrIAw ]1] rhwau ]

chirankaal eih dhaeh sanjareeaa ||1|| rehaao ||

After so very long, this human body was fashioned for you. ||1||Pause||

keI jnm sYl igir kirAw ]

kee janam sail gir kariaa ||

In so many incarnations, you were rocks and mountains;

keI jnm grB ihir KirAw ]

kee janam garabh hir khariaa ||

in so many incarnations, you were aborted in the womb;

13 Gaurhee Guaarayree Guru Arjan Dev

keI jnm swK kir aupwieAw ]

kee janam saakh kar oupaaeiaa ||

in so many incarnations, you developed branches and leaves;

lK caurwsIh join BRmwieAw ]2]

lakh chouraaseeh jon bhramaaeiaa ||2||

you wandered through 8.4 million incarnations. ||2||

swDsMig BieE jnmu prwpiq ]

saadhhasang bhaeiou janam paraapath ||

Through the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, you obtained this human life.

14 Gaurhee Guaarayree Guru Arjan Dev

Guru Nanak also postulated that in the cosmos there are other planets with life.

God’s worth (greatness) is beyond measure, nor it can be overestimated. You alone are the True Lord of mine and of other beings of countless worlds. AGGS, M 1, p 15.

There are living beings in water, on land and in the cosmos. O Creator, You know their needs as You take care of them. AGGS, M 1, p 466.

Do other religions talk about life on other planets on the cosmos?

ISDhillon
05-18-2006, 06:36 PM
Thats fine Nicola I am glad it helped:)

Khoza
05-18-2006, 07:20 PM
Guru Nanak also postulated that in the cosmos there are other planets with life.
Do other religions talk about life on other planets on the cosmos?

Yes i quote that Guru Nanak said:
"There are worlds upon worlds, solar systems upon solar systems, galaxies upon galaxies, universes upon universes, spheres upon spheres, They function according to Command of God. God gets joy by thinking of and beholding His Creation.

Beyond this Earth, there are many more and more earths. What power bears their load from underneath?''

Over 540 years ago, Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji astonishingly stated that there were countless galaxies, planets and universies. While Galileo 'father of modern astronomy,' was not born until 100 years later. At a time when the world believe the earth to be flat, the sun, stars and heavens revolved around this one earthly planet. Onlyin recent years is science proving Guru Ji right. However his Muslim counterparts believed something about seven earths or something.

ISDhillon
05-18-2006, 07:43 PM
Yes i quote that Guru Nanak said:
"There are worlds upon worlds, solar systems upon solar systems, galaxies upon galaxies, universes upon universes, spheres upon spheres, They function according to Command of God. God gets joy by thinking of and beholding His Creation.

Beyond this Earth, there are many more and more earths. What power bears their load from underneath?''

Over 540 years ago, Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji astonishingly stated that there were countless galaxies, planets and universies. While Galileo 'father of modern astronomy,' was not born until 100 years later. At a time when the world believe the earth to be flat, the sun, stars and heavens revolved around this one earthly planet. Onlyin recent years is science proving Guru Ji right. However his Muslim counterparts believed something about seven earths or something.

Yeah this is true and it was proven in baghdad to a muslim, here read the article:

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php?t...nak_in_Baghdad

Mohsin
05-18-2006, 07:54 PM

they should be killed?

I don't think what sister Daffodil has said is entirely correct

If they never heard of Islam then there will be a separate judgement for them. For more information see posts here Mother Teresa- Heaven/Hell

they should be killed
No that is not entirely true. What happened in Afghanistan was wrong. In the Qur'an it says there is no compulsion in religion. If someone leaves islam to revolt against the state thats a differnt issue

This post by Ansar Al 'Adl explains it well http://www.islamicboard.com/20595-post1.html
For full thread go here Islam and Apostasy

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-18-2006, 08:04 PM
However his Muslim counterparts believed something about seven earths or something.
If you don't know, then you shouldn't comment on it. There are more than enough Muslims on this forum to provide the correct view of what Muslims believe. I don't mind if you want to use this thread for explaining Sikhism, but you are using it for attacking Islam and Muslims and attributing false views to them - Islam has not denied the vastness of space and the existence of other galaxies. And the Qur'an is God's revelation of guidance for the human being, not a human's astronomical observations.

If the thread is not going to be used for a discussion of Sikhism then it can be closed and the individual allegations against Islam examined in alternate threads.

Regards

jsc
05-18-2006, 08:39 PM
greetings with folded hands to all...

salaam and satsriakaal ji with folded hands to all.

im 20 m from london, just come across this site, couldnt be bothered to read 7 pages of this forum - kinda skimmed through them, im not really into forums and stuff... just fort id clear up afew things i came across in this topic...

as sikhs we do believe in re-incarnation.

Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji was born into a Hindu family but never accepted Hinduism or Islam as His religion. He believed religion devided people. There is only one religion, the religion of God. Any person take this beliee whatever your background (religion, country, cast, gender etc). Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji never did look for new comers for this faith as someone on this board stated. Sikhs do not seek converts. You will never find Sikhs with stalls looking for converts. The folowers of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji were from all walks of life from both Hindu and Islam religious backgrounds. Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji's followers became known as Nanak Panthi's (followers of Nanak's faith) or Sikhs (learners).

A user of this board said Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji forbid the eating of beef (in Hindu favor) but allowed the consumption of alchahole and pork. In Sikhism beef is in seen in the same light as any other meat. It is against Sikh believe to consume any meat or alchahole, tobacco and other intoxicants.

Sikhsism is not only exclusive to indians. There are many black (african and jamican) as well as white Sikhs across the globe. In Shepard's Bush Gurdwara (central London) there is a community of black and white baptised Sikhs who attended regularly. There is also a Sikh society in Euston, where around 90% of its members are non-indian. This society is lead by a european white Sikh woman. If any persons here are interested in morinfo on non-indian Sikhs i know many websites i can post.

Sikhs have a different idea of heaven. we believe that after reaching the highest point of eternal realisation one merges with the supreme. just as a drop of water goes into an ocean.

respect all religions.l i noticed some peeps here chatin bout Sikhi with sly and sometimes blatent intent to be disrespectfull. lets learn and respect all religions iven if they do contradict our own beliefs.

someone stated 'Baba Nanak Sa Fakir Hindu ka Guru Musalmaan Ka Pir' this is very true. After Guru Ji died many muslims wanted to bury Guru Ji, Hindus wanted cremate him according to there rights... i know of several pakistani muslims who hold reverence to Sri guru Nanak Dev Ji. There is a small group of Muslims (i forgot there name) who share similar ebliefs to Sikhs, and do not follow mainstreme Islam. They believe Mohammed Sahib only consumed meat 4 times in his life time (amoungst other thingss which i have forgotten, will post more if anyone wansto know).

lol im wotching big brother as im writing this post, you guys mite be interested to know that theres a homosexual pakistani who speaks fluent punjabi who has just entered the big brother house. he this he will be a contraversial figure.

i havnt proof read this post, there will probablybmany errors. im in a hurry to go eat my pasta. will chk this bord for any new posts tmrw.

peace

jsc

jss
05-18-2006, 09:03 PM
I don't think what sister Daffodil has said is entirely correct

If they never heard of Islam then there will be a separate judgement for them. For more information see posts here Mother Teresa- Heaven/Hell

No that is not entirely true. What happened in Afghanistan was wrong. In the Qur'an it says there is no compulsion in religion. If someone leaves islam to revolt against the state thats a differnt issue

This post by Ansar Al 'Adl explains it well http://www.islamicboard.com/20595-post1.html
For full thread go here Islam and Apostasy

Thank you for the feedback moss:)

jss
05-18-2006, 09:13 PM
Sorry to keep asking but I have two more questions.

Firstly what is Sufi Islam?

Secondly Why are terms like "Kafir" used to denote those who practice a faith different to Islam. Can a religion called "true religion" discriminate one human from another?

Ghazi
05-18-2006, 09:15 PM

Secondly Why are terms like "Kafir" used to denote those who practice a faith different to Islam. Can a religion called "true religion" discriminate one human from another?

Talk of sects is against fourm rules.

jss
05-18-2006, 09:19 PM

Talk of sects is against fourm rules.

apologies

Mohsin
05-18-2006, 09:21 PM

Kaafir means non-muslim, or a disbeliever. Its not discriminating at all. Its the context people use though.

Its like the word paki. It just means someone pakistani, but the context people use it in is wrong so it becomes an insult. same with the word Ghora, donating white person. Thats all it means but the context people use it and the tone they speak it in makes it offensive. hope that answers your question

jss
05-18-2006, 09:26 PM
Kaafir means non-muslim, or a disbeliever. Its not discriminating at all. Its the context people use though.

Its like the word paki. It just means someone pakistani, but the context people use it in is wrong so it becomes an insult. same with the word Ghora, donating white person. Thats all it means but the context people use it and the tone they speak it in makes it offensive. hope that answers your question
Yep it does thanks again moss

Mohsin
05-18-2006, 10:08 PM
lol, please re-readddddddddddd past posts because ignorance is not bliss

I'm afraid it is what a lot of people believe from when they are kids. i been fortubnate enough to know sikhs during school, so i know they are not meant to drink and stuff. But they tell me completely different stuff. Saying how God reveraled all these religions etc. My friends werent very knowledgable. one of em had a turban all his life and now wnats to shave his hair off

Mohsin
05-18-2006, 10:11 PM
^^^^

Also having said that, i'm sure its the same with Sikhs. Both my sikh friends, and others i have met always say Islam was pread by sword, and sikh converts to islam i've spoken to also have said they were taught by their parents that muslims were bad people who kill people who are non-muslims and killed loadsa gurus because thats what the Qur'an says.

I'm glad i've met you guys to give truer version of Sikhism

ISDhillon
05-18-2006, 10:16 PM
I'm afraid it is what a lot of people believe from when they are kids. i been fortubnate enough to know sikhs during school, so i know they are not meant to drink and stuff. But they tell me completely different stuff. Saying how God reveraled all these religions etc. My friends werent very knowledgable. one of em had a turban all his life and now wnats to shave his hair off

moss that person done this deliberately you know that too, secondly is it ok if i tell people that your all inbred terrorists? cos people think that too, in fact growing up in my school pakistanis were always bullied cos of peoples prejudices if anything i used to stick up for them I even got jumped once by a gang of racist goreh for doing this, but you dont extend this same level of understanding to other faiths you need to ask why this is, what is it that sets us apart in terms of righteousness, i think you will find the answer is the religion.

No offence,

jsc
05-18-2006, 10:42 PM
brother u have to realise, calling oneself Sikh does not make a person Sikh. I can go around calling my self a muslim, that wouldnt make me Muslim.

Drinking and Bhangra is a part of punjabi culture not sikh religion.
Sikhs do not hate muslims, indian gvt and bollywood movies are largly to blame for any tention btwn sikhs and muslims. there is a famous sikh saying
"if your a muslim be a gud muslim, if ur hindu be a gud muslim, if ur a sikh be a gud sikh".

we have muslim composers in our Holy Book, so how can we hate muslims? Muslims helped our 5th Holy Guru Sahib and our 10Th final Guru Sahib, so how can we hate Muslims? Some Muslims fought with Sikhs against the Mughals, so how can we hate people of the muslim faith?

Sikhs do not carry a kirpan (kir-pan justified weapon) for protection from muslims. thats another misconception you have.

Not specifically halal meat (mainly reffered to as religious meat) is banned in Sikhi. Any meat is banned in Sikhism... Examples of Halal meat was given by Muslim Saints such as Bhagat Kabeer Ji.... kata (non-religious meat) meat is also mentioned in a negetive light in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

please done believe everything you hear. perhaps you should tell ur friends the abovve points, there responces will be interesting.

Muhammad
05-19-2006, 01:29 PM
:sl: and Greetings,

Thread Re-opened.

Many off-topic and inappropriate posts were deleted. I hope that we can now continue the discussion on Sikhism with friendly and respectful dialogue.

The posts regarding conversion to Islam have been moved here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/refutati...d-sword-7.html

Peace.

jsc
05-19-2006, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
:sl: and Greetings,

Thread Re-opened.

Many off-topic and inappropriate posts were deleted. I hope that we can now continue the discussion on Sikhism with friendly and respectful dialogue.

The posts regarding conversion to Islam have been moved here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/refutati...d-sword-7.html

Peace.

brilliant

jsc
05-19-2006, 10:44 PM

the koran is false I have told you this before our guru says all semitic and hindu scriptures are false, they are not the word of god they are the word of an angel, if you want the word of god you must read Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji it is the only direct revelation on earth.

veerji, Guru Ji's sweet bani say's
Vedz (holy hindu scripture) ketebz (scriptures of muslims, christians and jews)... do not call these false. false are the ones who dont contemplate on them. (raag prbti kabeer)

Also God-realisation can be found in other ways other the Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj.

Bhul Chuk Maaf (quoted Guru's holy Bani)

jsc

jss
05-20-2006, 11:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jsc

veerji, Guru Ji's sweet bani say's
Vedz (holy hindu scripture) ketebz (scriptures of muslims, christians and jews)... do not call these false. false are the ones who dont contemplate on them. (raag prbti kabeer)

Also God-realisation can be found in other ways other the Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj.

Bhul Chuk Maaf (quoted Guru's holy Bani)

jsc

True it can other ways but the process is lengthy dependant on ones Karam

ISDhillon
05-20-2006, 12:57 PM
something dodgy is going on in this thread the quotes were not written by the people whose names have been added to them:?

Muhammad
05-20-2006, 03:06 PM
Greetings,

I've sorted it now, there was a mistake in the way someone was quoting other posts.

AvarAllahNoor
05-31-2006, 08:40 AM

The Gurbani wasn't delivered so it could praise other humans (prophets) it only concentrates on the praise of God! End off!

AvarAllahNoor
05-31-2006, 08:47 AM
LOL

Why is it that Muslims and Hindus want to bring Sikhism into their fold of their own religion? It makes me laugh.

It's not going to happen!

Daffodil
05-31-2006, 11:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
LOL

Why is it that Muslims and Hindus want to bring Sikhism into their fold of their own religion? It makes me laugh.

It's not going to happen!
its the other way round mate, its the sikh ppl who i know that told me how the guru was a muslim n all this other stuff n that aparantly in ur holy book something something sahib Allah swt is mentioned.

ISDhillon
05-31-2006, 09:02 PM
its the other way round mate, its the sikh ppl who i know that told me how the guru was a muslim n all this other stuff n that aparantly in ur holy book something something sahib Allah swt is mentioned.
not on this forum it aint, bring them onto this forum and we'll see what they have say! we cant just take your word for it.:)

Pukandi baba
05-31-2006, 09:06 PM
not on this forum it aint, bring them onto this forum and we'll see what they have say! we cant just take your word for it.:)
Allah is mentioned numerous times, as is Ram.

But Guru Nanak makes no claim to be representive of any religion, but of God!

ISDhillon
05-31-2006, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pukandi baba

their talkin about their kalima, ahmeddiya commuinty made up rumours years back and thats where it all stems from, no sikh would agree to these claims,

Muezzin
05-31-2006, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pukandi baba

How many times do our Sikh members have to say this before us Muslims listen and just shut the hell up with all the 'I heard Sikhs worship Krishna/Rainclouds/a small bald man called Des' already? It's getting boring.

Pukandi baba
05-31-2006, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
How many times do our Sikh members have to say this before us Muslims listen and just shut the hell up with all the 'I heard Sikhs worship Krishna/Rainclouds/a small bald man called Des' already? It's getting boring.
Give them time brother, give them time ;D

Pukandi baba
05-31-2006, 09:14 PM
their talkin about their kalima, ahmeddiya commuinty made up rumours years back and thats where it all stems from, no sikh would agree to these claims,
Well they don't need to take our word for it, translations are available freely on the net! Let them conduct their own investigations.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!