i am sorry i cannot help you.

count the cost

don't kill the world

tomorrow is only a day away

so, do you think you are free?

the sins of the fathers

own choice

okay,it has to revolve around recent ,debatable topics
(i don't really want to go into something too deeply religious, coz my classmates aren't muslim )

i was thinking of doing 'so do you think you are free?' and like speak about how you 'have to' have an image and like you are a loser if you don't have the latest shoes or phone -that kind of thing

i'll be gratefull for any ideas

thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
smile
03-02-2006, 06:06 PM
[PIE]I'm sorry big sista
I have no idea[/PIE]

jameelash
03-02-2006, 06:13 PM
salam-no idea sis,but all the same i,ll wish u all the best

The Ruler
03-02-2006, 10:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cihad
i was thinking of doing 'so do you think you are free?' and like speak about how you 'have to' have an image and like you are a loser if you don't have the latest shoes or phone -that kind of thing

thanks
hmmmmmmmm....i fink dats a really good idea...u shud keep dat up...ill try n help u after a bit o thinkin...;)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cihad
03-03-2006, 03:30 PM
guys...
pls give me ideas i'm getting desprate

ive only got a few more days...

hurry up pls _-=[p[-

swanlake
03-03-2006, 03:41 PM
:sl:

Sister pls read the following Islamic talks and maybe it can inspire you to have material for your debate:

http://www.khutbah.com/

03-04-2006, 02:31 PM
k, i think u should do 'tomorrow's only a day away'

try to give inspiration. u can start off sumthing like...

'how many tomorrows have u sed?
how many tomorrows have u lived?
today is yesterday's tomorrow
in every tomorrow, there's a lesson you can borrow.'

(by the way i'm not quoting anyone, so don't worry about mentioning any name, that is if ur gonna go with this idea)

then u can say sum stuff. in between, how to live everyday, about not always relying on tomorrow. rather takin advantge of the day in between.

n conclude with something like...

'how many more tomorrows are u sure u'll have? a thousand? a thousand thousand? a thousand thousand thousand? (note: don't say million.. billion, i think the emphasis is laid better this way... though it's up to u in the end of course) well... if you don't do something about tomorrow today, you'll just live through all the tomorrows but ultimately u'll cum to the point where u'll run out of tomorrows, n all u'll be left with'll be yesterdays... n today's tomorrow's yesterday... '

lol... i know tht's a weak attempt... but i've only written a debate twice be4 so i don't have much experience. sorry.

cihad
03-05-2006, 09:25 AM
wow thanks guys
^that thing u sed up there really makes sense
an i'm really thinking of using it

thanks again

cihad
03-05-2006, 10:22 AM
i only have 3 more days left...

smile
03-05-2006, 10:29 AM
[PIE]I agree with swanlake
you should go to www.khutbah.com[/PIE]

03-09-2006, 05:49 PM
oh so that means u submitted that oral debate today. may i know how it went?

cihad
03-09-2006, 05:51 PM
My mistake actually it's for 2moz

soz

03-09-2006, 05:55 PM
oh alright

well, best of luck! u'll be great inshAllah.

smile
03-10-2006, 03:13 PM
actually i was shaking all the way thru- but it was okay i guess

somr ppl laughed which meant i was kinda funny, even my teacher laughed(good sign)

cihad
03-10-2006, 03:15 PM
sorry^was me i was on my sisters username and i didn't notice!!

03-10-2006, 03:38 PM
oh! oh well tht's awesome. good for u! though maybe u should work on developing more confidence... want classes? i'm awesome with confidence ;) not tht i'm tryin to brag or sth.. lol, sry. but if u want some tips, jus drop me a pm :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.