/* */

PDA

View Full Version : salafi muslims and sunni muslims... what is the difference?

jc_amz
03-02-2006, 05:16 PM
:sl: Could somebody please tell me the difference between a sunni and a salfi!!! The thing is... i am a sunni and i understand what i believe but my friend has just changed to be a salafi and we are discussing the differences... but to be honest i have got a clue what the difference is... so can someobne help me... and is there any authentic hadiths or ayats from the quran that can steer me inthe right direction?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
03-02-2006, 06:23 PM
They are the same. Both Muslim's. Both follow Qur'an and Sunnah. Alhamdulilaah.

anis_z24
03-03-2006, 02:31 AM
Salam
try not to disscuss differences between Muslims,
because we can not be divided less.

abdul Majid
03-03-2006, 02:40 AM
SUBHANALLAH, OUR RELIGION IS ISLAM, THERFORE WE ARE MUSLIMS, ANY NEW INVENTIONS THAT COME AFTER THE RASUL(PBH) ARE VERY VERY WRONG....

[PIE]Volumn 009, Book 088, Hadith Number 206.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By Hudhaifa bin Al-Yaman : The people used to ask Allah's Apostle about the good but I used to ask him about the evil lest I should be overtaken by them. So I said, "O Allah's Apostle! We were living in ignorance and in an (extremely) worst atmosphere, then Allah brought to us this good (i.e., Islam); will there be any evil after this good?" He said, "Yes." I said, 'Will there be any good after that evil?" He replied, "Yes, but it will be tainted (not pure.)'' I asked, "What will be its taint?" He replied, "(There will be) some people who will guide others not according to my tradition? You will approve of some of their deeds and disapprove of some others." I asked, "Will there be any evil after that good?" He replied, "Yes, (there will be) some people calling at the gates of the (Hell) Fire, and whoever will respond to their call, will be thrown by them into the (Hell) Fire." I said, "O Allah s Apostle! Will you describe them to us?" He said, "They will be from our own people and will speak our language." I said, "What do you order me to do if such a state should take place in my life?" He said, "Stick to the group of Muslims and their Imam (ruler)." I said, "If there is neither a group of Muslims nor an Imam (ruler)?" He said, "Then turn away from all those sects even if you were to bite (eat) the roots of a tree till death overtakes you while you are in that state."
[/PIE]

THERE ARE MORE HADITHS ON THIS

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Yoosuf
03-03-2006, 01:50 PM
:sl:
I suggest member's to refer to the following links.

http://www.islamicboard.com/sects-di...lafi-path.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/sects-di...aved-sect.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/sects-di...wal-jamah.html

:w:

Umm Yoosuf
03-03-2006, 02:00 PM
They interpret Qur'an and Hadeeth of their own.
:? :?

Please elaborate.

Salafis don't agree on following a school of thought.
Salafi’s are against BLIND following.

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-04-2006, 01:05 AM
:sl:
There is no difference between Sunni and Salafi. Sunni refers to someone who follows the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad pbuh, and Salafi refers to someone who follows Islam as it was understood by the companions and the early pious Muslims. Both mean the same thing. We should not use labels to divide us. We are all Muslims, and we follow Islam as it was revealed in the Qur'an by Allah, explained in the Sunnah by the Prophet Muhammad saws and as it was understood by the companions and the early Muslims.
format_quote Originally Posted by cool_jannah
Salafis don't agree on following a school of thought. They interpret Qur'an and Hadeeth of their own.
Bro, you are confusing Salafi with La-madh-habi. It is the consensus of the Muslim scholars that it is permissable to follow a madh-hab so long as we do not make it a source of division.

This thread will be closed in accordance with our rules on sectarian issues.

For more information please visit the following section of the forum:
http://www.islamicboard.com/sects-divisions/

:w:

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.