/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question

NewJama
03-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Is is a sin to judge other people? Show them that you are so much better? I feel that we are here not to judge but to try our best. So should people tell others ( not their family or kids) when they are wrong or just pray for them? Is there anything in Quran about it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
03-03-2006, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NewJama
Is is a sin to judge other people? Show them that you are so much better? I feel that we are here not to judge but to try our best. So should people tell others ( not their family or kids) when they are wrong or just pray for them? Is there anything in Quran about it?
:sl:
Judging someone and telling them where they are wrong are two different things.

Judging someone without knowing the facts is being prejudiced. And it's wrong to judge anyone if their affair does not concern you in any way. You could end up assuming things that aren't true and hurting someone.

But correcting someone if they are wrong is good if your intention is to do so for their benefit, not to make yourself look better, and certainly not out of arrogance. And yes pray for them too. We should all pray for all our brothers and sisters, and I believe for the whole of mankind.

:w:

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-04-2006, 01:17 AM
:sl:
We can correct people without 'judging' them. We are supposed tyo correct others in a gentle way that will not cause harm, as the Prophet Muhammad pbuh said, Whoever is deprived of gentleness, is deprived of all good. (Sahîh Muslim).

Please see this book:
http://63.175.194.25/books/asaleeb/english.html
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.