/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I don't need love !

arehat
03-05-2006, 06:36 PM
I just saw this article thought i wld share it

I don't need love !

So many people have tried to define love. Often it means different things to different people.

Everyone admits they need it.

It seems to be an emotion; a feeling on bonding between people. But does it occur in a snap?

There are certain ingredients which it contains; upon which it is built. Without them, love will not be found. People need to be respected, listened to , forgiven, taught and their needs must be met. If such aspects are missed love does not emerge.

How often people look at their spouse and think that at that moment, they really hate them. Then at a future time see another aspect of their personality and feel a deep loving feeling towards them. No one loves somebody all the time. Human beings are very complicated and can experience so many emotions at the same time. There are also many sides to our personalities.

Yet relationships are often based on this abstract emotion called 'love' and when it disappears the relationship often dissolves.

Perhaps if we wait a little and be patient we will see another side of the person which is more acceptable and to our liking.

We can learn to 'love' that part of the person and try to ignore the other parts.
People are not disposable.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sapphire
03-06-2006, 10:08 PM
hmmmmmm......good read....jazakallah for sharing !errm dnt quite agree with the title:-\ hmmmmmmm.........

minaz
03-06-2006, 10:10 PM
I don't need love !
EVERYONE NEEDS LOVE!

arehat
03-07-2006, 10:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sapphire
hmmmmmm......good read....jazakallah for sharing !errm dnt quite agree with the title:-\ hmmmmmmm.........
yah if u think about it neither do i.

well saw it on a website so just shared it with others

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mrmercan
03-07-2006, 12:38 PM
i dont agree the title too...
i think u must read this :)

http://www.islamicboard.com/202480-post1.html

Snowflake
03-07-2006, 02:04 PM
I think love in whatever shape or form between humans is selfish emotion, but no one thinks of it that way.. then why do we only love those who make us happy, do things that make us happy, have the qualities that makes us happy.. see love is selfish.. at the end of the day it's all about US but that needn't be bad.. it's called self preservation.. it's being selfish in a nice way :happy:

PaGaL~LaDo0
03-07-2006, 02:08 PM
v0tz lurv? :p

nishom
03-07-2006, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
I think love in whatever shape or form between humans is selfish emotion, but no one thinks of it that way.. then why do we only love those who make us happy, do things that make us happy, have the qualities that makes us happy.. see love is selfish.. at the end of the day it's all about US but that needn't be bad.. it's called self preservation.. it's being selfish in a nice way :happy:

It is important that love between human beings is based on ones love for God. Thus if one loves ones mom and dad because he knows this will please God, and as a result treates them well as he/she regards them as a blessing from God, this is a true kind of love. The same applies to ones husband and wife and even extends to muslim bros and sis's over the world. Thus love between human beings does not necessarily need to be based on selfish motives. However, it is unforunate to say that this is true of the society that we live in today.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.