/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How Allah educates us..

servantforever
03-06-2006, 02:41 AM
The love of God is very evident.We can see it every second: The air that we breathe, the sun that shines, the earth that we stand upon.The food and drink, the clothes, the wife, the children, the properties, the car: they are all the endowments of God upon us,The greatness(glory) of God is also obvious through His mountains, oceans, the scenic views.His power is also evident. It occurs in front of us: the sudden death of someone, an automobile accident, the land/hill slope, the collapse of a building, the flood which ruins everything, the strong wind that destroys buildings, plants, and woods, the volcanoes that erupt, which are very terrifying, and the crash of planes that cause the deaths of a large number of people, the earthquake that destroys houses, killing thousands of people, the political leaders are overthrown, and the millionaire who falls into bankruptcy.One who used to be honored, is no longer respected, in contrast he is disgraced.One who used to be disgraced, is now honored or respected.One who was well known, is now forgotten.One who was not well known, is now a public figure.Our eyes notice all these events but sadly we do not realize it because our heart is blind.We should already have learned many lessons from them.But our heart is dead.The above said incidents do not touch our heart.But, after our soul is taken by the angel of death, only then we start to realize it, as if we have just awakened from a false slumber.At that time, we’re so shocked, to the extent that our eyes are open widely.We start to realize the reality of this life.We start to know the reality of the world and the Hereafter.But it is too late already. You have exceeded the border.It is the time to receive the consequence!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Qurratul Ayn
03-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Jazakallah Khair for that post Brother servantforever!

Very true and has a very deep meaning.

Jazakallah Khair once again

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah

------
03-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Wow thanks for sharing jazakallah bro

Ninth_Scribe
03-07-2006, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by servantforever
The love of God is very evident....snip....Our eyes notice all these events but sadly we do not realize it because our heart is blind. We should already have learned many lessons from them. But our heart is dead.... snip.... But, after our soul is taken by the angel of death, only then do we start to realize it, as if we have just awakened from a false slumber.
Boy do I relate. I miss heaven and I don't like this world because the very nature of this place makes everything eat the other and this will always produce an extreme and serious conflict of interests in the core of my being. This does not mean I disrespect Allah for the creation. I'm just a very strange creature so even simple things are not as easy for me as they are with most.

I do hear all of the messages that are sent to me though. One such message came in the form of a dream. I thought I was going to be beheaded so I closed my eyes, but when the sword hit the sand, I was still breathing. When I opened my eyes, the executioner was throwing away the remains of a snake.

This message was repeated again in the form of a statement, so I have to ask, does anyone know what the meaning is to the saying: To cut off the head of a snake?

The heavy hearted are not dead because I can feel them dreaming....

Ninth Scribe

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
abdul Majid
03-07-2006, 09:00 PM
you should become mulsim, =)

Ninth_Scribe
03-08-2006, 08:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdul Majid
you should become mulsim, =)
I would do this if there were a Supreme Council to hear and decide all the "family" conflicts that exist within the "one-ness". Not a disrespect, but I'm from the Old School... Sicilian heritage.

We had similar problems. A certain Pope, from back in the day, decreed that anyone convicted of witchcraft (which was everyone who didn't give their land up voluntarily), would not only lose their land, but the land owned three generations back. Those creeps "acquired" a ton of land by this... method. I don't know why so many countries took that crap from them, but when he tried to move on Sicily, we raised an army, under the leadership of Garibaldi, and kicked their Papal butts... all the way back to Rome. We could do this because we were united... very tight family (Mi Familia... Mafia... the Black Hand). Zarqawi reminds me a lot of Garibaldi, except that when Garibaldi was finished, he handed the lands back to their rightful owners and went home. Where will Zarqawi go?

From what I can tell, Zarqawi is peeved because the Shia scholars involved a foreign power to resolve a dispute that should have remained a private "family" matter. Of course, without a council to hear these matters, the Shia probably felt they had no where else to turn to resolve their disputes, but you still don't sell out your own brothers!

Anyway, where I'm at now... I just can't deal with all this. You say I should become a Muslim... and I ask... What is a Muslim?

And just what does the saying: To cut off the head of a snake mean?

Ninth Scribe ~~~

servantforever
03-09-2006, 04:53 PM
1.Guidance from God
Allah opens our heart to love Islam and to practice the teachings
of Islam. An infidel will not achieve 'taqwa' if his heart remains
closed towards Islam because this is the first condition of achieving taqwa.

2.Seeking the knowledge of Islam.
Three main basic fields of Islamic knowledge must be learned and studied:

a. Tauhid (Creed) - to know and understand the attributes
of Allah in order to know god.

b. Fiqh (Islamic laws & Jurisprudence) - to know
what is permissible, detestable, forbidden, obligatory
and commendable.

c. Tasauf (Islamic Mysticism) - to know and detect
the spiritual illness(es) and/or defect(s) of the soul such as stinginess,
hatred, hypocrisy, pride, vanity, self-conceit, selfishness, impetuous
temperament, lying, etc. By detecting them, we will be able to heal and cure our soul.

3. Conviction with the knowledge - We have an unshakeable
conviction on the knowledge we seek, particularly on 'akidah'. For
example, we believe in the existence of God and that there is no
God but Allah. Without the conviction, the rest of our deeds and worship are nullified.

4. Applying the knowledge sought - We practice the
Islamic knowledge we have learned, from the most minuscule precept
to the gravest. We have learned that praying 5 times a day is compulsory
upon reaching puberty, therefore we carry it out properly. We know
that committing adultery is a big sin, so we avoid it as much as
we can. The problem of Moslems nowadays is not practicing what they
have learned about Islam. That is why they deserve the wrath and punishment of God.

5. Fighting against the evil desires - Lust or desires naturally entice us to do bad
or evil. We need to fight against the bad desires and train ourselves
to do good. For example, if we have the ill attribute of stinginess,
we have to strive to eradicate that attribute from our heart and
inculcate the virtue of generosity. Stinginess is our natural instinct
and is pernicious, while generosity is accepted and loved by everyone
including the soul. This effort is indeed painful at the beginning
because we are fighting against our own self. But if we keep fighting
against the evil desires constantly, inshallah the bad attribute will be changed to the good
one.

6. consistent if 'mujahadahtunnafsi'
'Mujahadatunnafsi means fighting against evil desires. This type
of battle must be carried out all
the time without any ceasefire because the enemies (lust and the
devil) never stop or get rest to attack us. Indeed the battle against
our physical enemies is easier because there will be a cease fire,
no matter how big or great the war is. We can use the example of
the war between Iraq and the U.S.---although we reckon it as the
greatest war, the war has ceased. But the war or battle between
us and our evil desires has not ended. For example, if we know that
we have the bad attribute of stinginess but we want to be generous,
we should train our selves to aim that desire towards giving charity
or alms to the needy. It will not take a short time to change the
attribute. One day is not enough, nor is a week. It may take a year
or more before the ill attributes vanish totally from our heart.
Therefore, consistency is vital in this process.

7. A spiritual mentor/teacher - This is a specific teacher
who is able to read the inside of
our heart. This type of teacher is very hard and difficult to find
in this time. He is reckoned as the
saint of God. He is given the ability to detect our weakness or
spiritual illness and can give us the suitable medicine for it.
Nevertheless we can find them anywhere in the world. He can serve
as our guide in successfully purifying our heart.

8.'Doa' (supplication) to God - Our effort (no matter how serious
or determined it is) will not succeed (it will be fruitless) if
God does not consent to it. Therefore, we must make a 'doa' to God to help us to achieve 'taqwa'

Ninth_Scribe
03-09-2006, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by servantforever

7. A spiritual mentor/teacher - This is a specific teacher who is able to read the inside of our heart.
I'm no spiritual mentor or teacher... but be that as it may, I do know a broken heart when I see one and that's what I see when I turn my light to Islam. All this business of Sunni mosques and Shia mosques ~ what good are these mosques if they serve to divide Islam!?

Ninth Scribe

sargon
03-17-2006, 11:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
I'm no spiritual mentor or teacher... but be that as it may, I do know a broken heart when I see one and that's what I see when I turn my light to Islam. All this business of Sunni mosques and Shia mosques ~ what good are these mosques if they serve to divide Islam!?

Ninth Scribe
:sl:
There's good with bad usually, don't overlook the fact that people still pray at these moques despite the split. From what I know which is very little the Shi'ite split happened after a minority of the Muslims were influenced by Greek philosophy and fell into some type of pantheistic beliefs (God's essence permeates everything, God is everywhere, God is everything).

So the good would be that the mosques are places where people pray. But the split is still bad :heated:
:w:

Muhammad
03-17-2006, 11:39 PM
Greetings Ninth Scribe,

This division is indeed a sad thing that we see today, yet this does not devalue the status of Islam. Islam promotes unity and is a perfect way of life. The problem arises when people deviate from the true teachings and innovate in the religion, thus creating rifts between themselves and the followers of the truth. While we would hope that there would only ever be the true following of Islam, God has decreed that there will be many people who shall become misguided and turn away from the Straight Path, and this splitting into sects is something that will occur in all three major religions: Islam, Christianity and Judaism. However, God also promised that there will always be a group on earth that are upon the correct path, right until the end of time, so we need to strive to be among this group and help others along the way.

Seeing as sectarian discussions are often cause for dispute and division, we have a policy on this forum to focus on our similarities and leave our differences in hope to uphold unity. Therefore, should anyone require further information on the subject, please refer to our section on sects and divisions, and stick to the topic at hand in this thread, thank you :).

Anyway, where I'm at now... I just can't deal with all this. You say I should become a Muslim... and I ask... What is a Muslim?
A Muslim is someone who submits to God, and this involves surrendering to Him and obeying Him in all that He commands. A Muslim is a follower of Islam, which is based upon 5 pillars:

1. To believe that there is only one true God and that Muhammad (peace be upon him) is His Messenger

2. To pray 5 times a day

3. To give charity to the needy

4. To fast during the month of Ramadan

5. To go for pilgrimage (Hajj)

A good site to learn the basics is: http://www.beconvinced.com/en/main.php

And just what does the saying: To cut off the head of a snake mean?
Is this something you know the answer to, or is it something you are trying to find out?

Peace.

Ninth_Scribe
03-19-2006, 07:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
Is this something you know the answer to, or is it something you are trying to find out?

Peace.
Thanks for the direction (links). I actually did need that information because this is something I am trying to find out. First, what happened here on Earth, and Second, what I'm expected to do... once I know.

Thy kingdom for a straight answer.

Ninth Scribe

The poetry that comes,
from the squaring off between,
and the circling, is worth it.
Finding beauty in the dissonance.

Muslim Knight
03-28-2006, 06:42 AM
Thanks for the direction (links). I actually did need that information because this is something I am trying to find out. First, what happened here on Earth, and Second, what I'm expected to do... once I know.

Thy kingdom for a straight answer.

Ninth Scribe

The poetry that comes,
from the squaring off between,
and the circling, is worth it.
Finding beauty in the dissonance.
You are very poetic. May you be guided to the Truth.

servantforever
03-28-2006, 07:08 AM
God is certainly very kind
The misdeeds of His servants do not receive an immediate sentence
He simply leaves them alone
He is giving them the chance, to think, to realize and lament
By creating various incidents for them to witness
Positive and negative episodes to help them realize and feel remorse
Or He reprehends them a little at a time
Or once a while on the person to make him realize
After going through all the learning process and yet no realizaton acquired
God confiscates all the gratification and bliss
Sudden death, prolong stroke, calamity
Family crisis without any love among each other
Or God simply leaves them alone without any punishment
In the other world, severe punishment awaits them
Torment on the death bed, persecution inside the grave,
misery at Mahsyar and the ultimate misery is Hell
Please do give some attention to the above anecdote
While blessed with life we still have the time to think and correct ourselves
It is still not too late
Return to God the soonest possible
Fear Allah and love Him
Love and care among all mankind
Especially among the family
Once departed, the door is shut and all the opportunities for correction gone
Realize and bemoan before its too late

khaledmm123
03-28-2006, 04:52 PM
:sl:
mashaallah bro and jazakallaju khair:w:

servantforever
03-28-2006, 11:18 PM
When Allah is enraged with anyone
The person usually disremember his misdeeds
Transgressing sins with no concern
Outsizing the little good deed
To perform a good deed is a monumental task
When in the wrong, no obvious remorse displayed
Even if recalled, it would not matter for him as to him Allah is Most Forgiving
Immorality, godliness is not an issue
Insensitivity displayed in his words, attitudes and actions
all are self centred
When pointed out why things should not be the way they are
Refutation is always in hands
A refute to defend himself, not to act upon
Unbothered with his syariah as the days go by
His family members left to fend for themselves
Home is no more a place to provide guidance and tarbiyah for the family
But seems to be diligent in motivating others away from home
Others may think he's a determined fighter
Family left unguided with no directions to follow
This signifies he's a motivator with self interests
Not for religious enlightenment or acceptance from God

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.