/* */

PDA

View Full Version : confused sister

retro-sister
03-06-2006, 12:56 PM
I feel as if I am being pulled back towards Islam and this time it’s with my own free will not becoz some one told me to do it...

I'm really confused; I don’t know what to do or who to turn to for advice. Most of my m8's are white & the girls that I do know who practice Islam are 'undercover sisters' :sister: if u know what I mean. They are a great example of what I don’t wanna be like……

I want a pure heart, for my intentions to be pure and to be closer to Allah..

I bought some books yesterday 4rm am Islamic bookshop, the man told me they were just what I needed - all the answers to my questions were in them... the first book I read just left me confused :hiding:
(im a medical student damn i used to think those books were from a next planet)

Could you please help me by directing me to places where I can gather information regarding Islam...? I don’t know where to start or where to look...

For example: audio lectures (which would be ideal as Im always listening to my ipod),
literature or
Individual sisters who I could seek advice from

Thank you
From your lost and confused sister

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jello
03-06-2006, 01:01 PM
:sl:

What type of confusion do you have about Islam ? I am worried that you would be confused :hiding:

aamirsaab
03-06-2006, 01:01 PM
Read the Quran and pray salat.

itsme01
03-06-2006, 01:05 PM
The best book that you will need is the Quran itself.
For audio lectures you may visit:
http://is.aswatalislam.net/CategoryS...spx?CatID=1002
http://www.turntoislam.com/index.html

For videos and ebooks:
http://harunyahya.com

The best way to learn is to ask question: so dont be shy to ask them - even if you think it is unappropriate.

Jazka'Allah Khair

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Qurratul Ayn
03-06-2006, 01:07 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Mashallah Ta'ala on being a medical student! Inshallah Ta'ala I shall become one and if i don't then it doesn't matter I have other careers I would like to get into. (Sorry! Please forgive me, I am getting off topic!)

My Sister retro-sister, pray to Allah Ta'ala to solve all your problems and in time it shall happen. Always read Salah on time, read the Qur'an, ask advice from your Mother or Father or relatives who are Scholars, Hafiz's etc.

If you get confused from books you read then read it again and try to understand it or let someone read it to you or tell them to help you undertstand it.

My Dear Sister retro-sister, there is only so much a person can do and Allah Ta'ala is the One and Only who can help and guide you on the right path. Always keep in your heart and mind of your Imaan and faith and always ask Allah Ta'ala for guidance.

Remember Sister retro-sister this short life is a test and this test is one for every Muslim Brother and Sister to pass and have a good life in the hereafter.

I hope this has helped and if not then forgive me.

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah

P.S. Keep Allah Ta'ala in your mind and soul and with the help of Allah Ta'ala you will stay on the right path and become closer to Allah Ta'ala.

jello
03-06-2006, 01:14 PM

I suppose if your knowledge of Islam itself is low, then yuo can ask questions and read the introductory parts of islamic sites such as islam.com and so forth.

It would be goo dfor you to post the sites you are visiting, so that we may give you counsel regarding which ones to avoid...:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.