/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How Jesus Christ (p) Described the Glory of the Prophet Muhammad (p)

abdul Majid
03-06-2006, 11:56 PM
How Jesus Christ (p) Described the Glory of the Prophet Muhammad (p)
by Dr. Ahmad Shafaat

We present here some traditions attributed to prophet Jesus (may peace be upon him), in which that great prophet talks about the Chief of all Prophets, Hazarat Muhammad (may God bless him ever more). The traditions are naturally in the form of prophecies, since the Prophet Jesus lived before the time of our Prophet Muhammad. But they have value not merely as prophecies: they also provide one of the most beautiful tributes to the glory of the Prophet of Islam ever written. The traditions are from a version of the Gospel of Barnabas compiled by a thirteenth century Italian on the basis of early Christian sources.

Jesus said, "Philip! God is a Good without which there is nothing good: God is a Being without which there is nothing that has existence; God is a Life without which there is nothing that lives. He has no equal. He had no beginning, nor will He have an end, but to everything has He given a beginning and to everything shall He give an end. He has no father nor mother; He has no sons, nor brethren nor companions."

Philip answered:

"Master, what sayest thou? It is surely written in Isaiah that God is our father: how, then, hath He no sons?"

Jesus answered:

"There are written by the prophets many parables, wherefore one ought not attend to the letter, but to the sense. For all the prophets, that are one hundred and forty-four thousand, have spoken ambiguously. But after me shall come the Splendor of all the prophets who shall shed light upon the ambiguities of all that the prophets have said, because he is the Messenger of God.

"Verily, I say unto you that every prophet when he is come has borne the mark of the mercy of God to one nation only. And so their words were not extended save to the people to which they were sent. But the Messenger of God, when he shall come, will be given as it were the seal of the hand of God, insomuch as he shall carry salvation and mercy to all the nations of the world that shall receive his doctrine. He shall come with power upon the ungodly, and shall destroy idolatry for, so promised God to Abraham, saying: 'Behold, in thy seed I will bless all the tribes of the earth; and as thou hast broken in pieces the idols, O Abraham, even so shall thy seed do.'

"I therefore say unto you, that the Messenger of God is a splendor that shall give gladness to nearly all that God has made, for he is adorned with the spirit of understanding and counsel, the spirit of wisdom and might, of fear and love, prudence and temperance; he is adorned with the spirit of charity and mercy, of justice and piety and gentleness and patience, which he has received from God three times more than He has given to all His creatures combined. Blessed will be the time when he shall come to the world! Believe me that I have seen him and have done him reverence, even as every prophet has seen him. And when I saw him my soul was filled with consolation, saying, 'O Admirable One! God be with thee, and may he make me worthy to untie thy shoe-latchet for obtaining this I shall be a great prophet and holy one of God.'

"As for me, I am now come to the world to prepare the way for the Messenger of God, who shall bring salvation to the world. By the living God, in whose presence my soul stands, I am not the Savior whom all the tribes of the earth expect."

Then said the Priest:

"How shall the Savior be called, and what sign shall reveal his coming?"

Jesus answered:

"The name of the Savior shall be the Admirable One, for, God himself gave him the name when he had created his soul, and placed it in celestial splendor. God said, 'Wait O Admirable One (=Muhammad), for thy sake I will create paradise, the world, and a great multitude of creatures, whereas I make thee a present, insomuch that whosoever shall curse the shall be cursed. When I send thee into the world, I shall send thee as My Messenger of Salvation, and thy world shall be true insomuch that heaven and earth shall fail but thy faith shall never fail. Admirable One is his blessed name."

Then the crowd lifted up their voices, saying:

"O God send Thy Messenger. O Admirable One come quickly for the salvation of the world."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Turin Turambar
03-07-2006, 02:43 AM
abdul Majid,

All these are very late inventions by Muslim apologists. In the six centuries between Jesus and Muhammad you don't find ONE Christian saying that Jesus ever spoke of another prophet that was going to come later. Only after Muhammad, when his followers needed a justification, were all these "traditions" invented. Remember that we have many texts dating from those six centuries.

Pinkie
03-07-2006, 03:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Turin Turambar
abdul Majid,

All these are very late inventions by Muslim apologists. In the six centuries between Jesus and Muhammad you don't find ONE Christian saying that Jesus ever spoke of another prophet that was going to come later. Only after Muhammad, when his followers needed a justification, were all these "traditions" invented. Remember that we have many texts dating from those six centuries.
How do you interpret Deuteronomy 18 18-20 and John 14 26-27? As for the verses in John:
The Helper will come-the Spirit, who reveals the truth about God and who comes from the Father. I will send him to you from the Father, and he will speak about me. And you, too, will speak about me, because you have been with me from the very beginning.
Some people have told me that it's about the Holy Spirit:?.

"Muslim apologist" changing the words of Isa (alayhis salam)? Muslims are taught to give great respect to Isa (alayhis salam), they would never change his words around nor would they change the words of any of the great prophets.

Turin Turambar
03-07-2006, 03:34 AM
Pinkie,

Are you by any chance Spanish-speaking?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anis_z24
03-07-2006, 03:47 AM
abdul Majid,

Salam
in the Quran it quotes Jesus(PBUH) saying "that there will be a prophet after me" and even the jews were wait for that prophet.

Turin Turambar
03-07-2006, 04:47 AM
anis_z24,

That is what the Quran says because Muhammad wanted to establish his link with Jesus. That is why he invented that "prophecy". He wanted to be as respected by his followers as Jesus was by the Christians.

But remember that at the time of Muhammad there were MILLIONS of Christians already in the world, and many of them left their writings for us. NONE of them says anything about "waiting for another prophet". On the contrary, for all of them Jesus was the end and the culmination of all prophecies.

Pinkie
03-07-2006, 04:47 AM
Pinkie,

Are you by any chance Spanish-speaking?
My Spanish is so so, the grammar kills me, speaking it is no problem.
To get a teacher is no problem, my mother is Puerto Rican :).

Ontopic: Can someone please list the Suras and ayats where Isa (a.s) describes Muhammed (s.a.w)? Thanks in advance.

Turin Turambar
03-07-2006, 04:58 AM
Pinkie,

Please remember that all those quotes that supposedly refer to Jesus describing Muhammad are only believed by Muslims. Christians don't believe that Jesus was "announcing" anybody, because he was the end of all prophecies. You can check the Bible and all the Christian writings ever written, both before and after Muhammad.

If Jesus had been so clear in announcing Muhammad as Muslims pretend, how is it that no Christian ever thought of that BEFORE the time of Muhammad? Remember that Muhammad lived six hundred years after Jesus.
Please keep your mind open, and check both books and the conduct of their followers.

By the way, I was born in Latin America, so I also speak Spanish!

abdul Majid
03-07-2006, 05:33 AM
Pinkie,

Please remember that all those quotes that supposedly refer to Jesus describing Muhammad are only believed by Muslims. Christians don't believe that Jesus was "announcing" anybody, because he was the end of all prophecies. You can check the Bible and all the Christian writings ever written, both before and after Muhammad.

If Jesus had been so clear in announcing Muhammad as Muslims pretend, how is it that no Christian ever thought of that BEFORE the time of Muhammad? Remember that Muhammad lived six hundred years after Jesus.
Please keep your mind open, and check both books and the conduct of their followers.
There not only beleived by muslims, There are PREISTS that converted to ISLAM, and they know alot more than you my friend....

you want us to check the bible you siad, ok!! wich one???

there are many, and the bible its self is not original!!!
no need to pretend my friend Jesus did mention this, and you see!!
There no need to make it up, Mohamed(pbh) was a true prophet indeed !!

cool_jannah
03-07-2006, 05:42 AM
i think you should look for the real injeel..must be somewhere hiding in the vatican. there are clear signs of the coming of the last prophet of Allah - Muhammad, pbuh in your holy books.
it is there in the books of christians and it is there in the books of the jews.
why do you think the learned true believers of the judaic faith came to yathrib(medina) and setteled down there? bcos they were waiting for the last prophet. hindu scriptures also talk about the Last prophet of Allah - Prophet Muhammad Saallalahu alayhi wa sallam. clear signs.Subhanallah its amazing how the kuffar still reject the truth!

Muslims love 'Isa ibn Maryam more than the christians do. definitely its a fact. its because they dont really care about the great prophet Jesus, pbuh,that they slander and talk lies about him.

abdul Majid
03-07-2006, 05:52 AM
Islam honors all the prophets who were sent to mankind. Muslims respect all prophets in general, but Jesus in particular, because he was one of the prophets who foretold the coming of Muhammad. Muslims, too, await the second coming of Jesus. They consider him one of the greatest of Allah's prophets to mankind. A Muslim does not refer to him simply as "Jesus," but normally adds the phrase "peace be upon him" as a sign of respect.

No other religion in the world respects and dignifies Jesus as Islam does. The Qur'an confirms his virgin birth (a chapter of the Qur'an is entitled "Mary"), and Mary is considered to have been one of the purest women in all creation. The Qur'an describes Jesus' birth as follows:

"Behold!' the Angel said, God has chosen you, and purified you, and chosen you above the women of all nations. Mary, God gives you good news of a word from Him, whose name shall be the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, honored in this world and in the Hereafter, and one of those brought near to God. He shall speak to the people from his cradle and in maturity, and he shall be of the righteous. She said: "My Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me?'
He said: "Even so; God creates what He will. When He decrees a thing,
He says to it, 'Be!' and it is." [3:42-47]

Pinkie
03-08-2006, 02:28 AM
Pinkie,

By the way, I was born in Latin America, so I also speak Spanish!
Isa (alayhis salam-peace be upon him) lived many years after Ibrahm (a.s) too. What makes a difference if Muhammed (s.a.w) lived 600 years after Isa (a.s)?

how is it that no Christian ever thought of that BEFORE the time of Muhammad?
To me the before time of Muhammed is the time of Isa (a.s). The time before Isa (a.s) is the time of Solomon (a.s) and Musa (a.s). Before the time of Musa (a.s), the time of Nuh (a.s). I'm sorry, I don't understand your question:?

Turin Turambar
03-08-2006, 02:36 AM
Pinkie,

Please forget for a moment about the prophets. I am talking about normal people. In the six hundred years between Jesus and Muhammad many normal Christians lived and died. Many of them left their writings and you can check them on the Internet. NONE of them says anything about "waiting for another prophet". NONE of them thought of anything like that, and that is a proof that Jesus NEVER spoke of "another prophet". The whole idea of Jesus announcing Muhammad is a later invention.

That is what I mean

Nicola
03-08-2006, 08:09 PM
The Helper will come-the Spirit, who reveals the truth about God and who comes from the Father. I will send him to you from the Father, and he will speak about me. And you, too, will speak about me, because you have been with me from the very beginning.

Some people have told me that it's about the Holy Spirit

indeed Jesus was talking about the Holy Spirit...which was given to everyone on earth, who ever will except.. 40 days after Jesus' death..on the day of pentecost to this very day.

It truly is a wonderful experience and completely changes your life when you are blessed with the Holy Spirit.

Praise God

azim
03-08-2006, 08:30 PM
It truly is a wonderful experience and completely changes your life when you are blessed with the Holy Spirit.
Oh... to bad Muslims don't drink.

(I apologise, bad joke).

In the six centuries between Jesus and Muhammad you don't find ONE Christian saying that Jesus ever spoke of another prophet that was going to come later.
Turin, are there any references to Muhammad in the Bible? As in, was Islam prophesised by Jesus or by those who have received the Holy Sprit? I ask this not as an attack, but a genuine question.

I've had one Christian tell me Muhammad (pbuh) was the anti-Christ, although the no Prophecy I have read/been shown regarding the anti-Christ fits Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

Pinkie
03-09-2006, 03:39 AM
Pinkie,

Please forget for a moment about the prophets. I am talking about normal people. In the six hundred years between Jesus and Muhammad many normal Christians lived and died. Many of them left their writings and you can check them on the Internet. NONE of them says anything about "waiting for another prophet". NONE of them thought of anything like that, and that is a proof that Jesus NEVER spoke of "another prophet". The whole idea of Jesus announcing Muhammad is a later invention.

That is what I mean
I, as a Muslima, accept some verses in the Bible as discriptions of Muhammed (s.a.w) especially about the Holy Spirit. I know the explanation I have been given, and grown up with is that the Holy Spirit is all around us and will bless us. In my point of view, the way Isa (a.s) describes the Holy Spirit is like if he is describing a person, especially when he says "he will speak about me". I will never doubt or question the words of Hazrat Isa (a.s) nor the words of any of the prophets. If these early Christian writings were so authentic as you specified, why did the early Christians come to accept Islam? Why are they still accepting Islam? Regardless of your views about Muhammed (s.a.w), he was a man of nobility. There is a book I am reading now called Muhammad by Martin Lings. If you get the chance, read it. It gives you a great detail about the life of Muhammed (s.a.w) and about the society he lived in.

Nicola: When I was Catholic, I always viewed the concept of the Holy Spirit as something you have within you. I never called it a Holy Spirit, I don't know what else to call it. It's something you have to achieve spiritual enlightenment-something you have to learn about the oneness of God.

Nicola
03-09-2006, 12:21 PM
Nicola: When I was Catholic, I always viewed the concept of the Holy Spirit as something you have within you. I never called it a Holy Spirit, I don't know what else to call it. It's something you have to achieve spiritual enlightenment-something you have to learn about the oneness of God
Pinkie..I expect we view the Holy Spirit differently...for me the Holy Spirit is a kind of person but in spirit..another character of God like Jesus is...but for me he will not lead us, unless we ask God through Jesus Christ...The Holy Spirit will never intrude on a person...same as Jesus tells us.."Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." If we open our heart to Jesus first.

The Holy Spirit has been we God since the very beginning of time just like Jesus has, who was 'The Word' and the word became flesh..In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made" (John 1:1-3).

....when we look at Gen 1 v2
Darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the 'Spirit of God' moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light."
In the Old Testement...the Holy Spirit was sent from God to all prophets throughout but not all mankind recieved the Holy Spirit..but Jesus after he died he promised this gift to all mankind if they asked at the day of pentecost it began and from that day on all men could recieve the Holy Spirit.

For me it wasn't something I learnt it, I never could... was a pure gift from God.
Praise God

Maimunah
03-09-2006, 01:18 PM
salaam
sorry but what do u mean by this "for me the Holy Spirit is a kind of person but in spirit"
who is the 'holy spirit' ?
please asnwer!!
salaam

Pinkie
03-09-2006, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nicola
Pinkie..I expect we view the Holy Spirit differently...for me the Holy Spirit is a kind of person but in spirit..another character of God like Jesus is...but for me he will not lead us, unless we ask God through Jesus Christ...The Holy Spirit will never intrude on a person...same as Jesus tells us.."Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." If we open our heart to Jesus first.

The Holy Spirit has been we God since the very beginning of time just like Jesus has, who was 'The Word' and the word became flesh..In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made" (John 1:1-3).

....when we look at Gen 1 v2
Darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the 'Spirit of God' moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light."
In the Old Testement...the Holy Spirit was sent from God to all prophets throughout but not all mankind recieved the Holy Spirit..but Jesus after he died he promised this gift to all mankind if they asked at the day of pentecost it began and from that day on all men could recieve the Holy Spirit.

For me it wasn't something I learnt it, I never could... was a pure gift from God.
Praise God
I was also taught it's a gift from God. But, I noticed people like to take advantage of gifts too. When you give a gift to someone you expect them to say "thank you" in return, not to throw your gift away or not say anything at all. I'm not trying to say your beliefs about the Holy Spirit are wrong or anything, just giving my two cents :).

To me, the greatest gift of is the Mercy of God (and all of His attributes). When you pray and feel a tear roll down your cheek because you are sincerely sorry for disobeying the King of All Kings. Before Muslims read a Sura in the Qu'ran we read:

"Bismilla-hir-Rahman-nir-Raheem"
In the Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.

Nicola
03-09-2006, 08:41 PM
salaam
sorry but what do u mean by this "for me the Holy Spirit is a kind of person but in spirit"
who is the 'holy spirit' ?
please asnwer!!
salaam
The Holy Spirit...is a part of God ..Gods' spirit.

abdul Majid
03-09-2006, 08:44 PM
lol GOD HAS A SPIRIT, LOL

GOD IS NOT LIKE US, IN THE QURAN IT SAYS HE IS UNLIKE HIS CREATION...IT WOULD BE CRAZY TO MAKE THAT CLAIM NICOLA!!

GOD IN OONNNEEEE ALMIGHTY, ETERNAL, HE DOSENT DIE LIKE WE DO

Maimunah
03-09-2006, 08:44 PM
The Holy Spirit...is a part of God ..Gods' spirit.
i still dont get it
do u mean angel gebrial??
salaam

abdul Majid
03-09-2006, 08:49 PM
The Quran is clear on who God is and who He is not. There is no room left for doubt after reading the Quran in the Arabic languge: God is One. He is the only Creator, Sustainer and Owner of the Universe. He has no partners. He has no relatives; wives, children or offspring. He is not like His creation and He does not need it for His existance, while all the time the creation is totally dependent on Him. His attributes are clearly spelled out as the epitome of each and every one. He is for instance, the All-Knowing; the All-Hearing; the All-Seeing; the All-Forgiving; the All- Loving; the All-Merciful; the Only One God. There is never a contradiction to this found anywhere in the Quran.

Maimunah
03-09-2006, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdul Majid
The Quran is clear on who God is and who He is not. There is no room left for doubt after reading the Quran in the Arabic languge: God is One. He is the only Creator, Sustainer and Owner of the Universe. He has no partners. He has no relatives; wives, children or offspring. He is not like His creation and He does not need it for His existance, while all the time the creation is totally dependent on Him. His attributes are clearly spelled out as the epitome of each and every one. He is for instance, the All-Knowing; the All-Hearing; the All-Seeing; the All-Forgiving; the All- Loving; the All-Merciful; the Only One God. There is never a contradiction to this found anywhere in the Quran.
i agree with u brother
i was getting confused about the sprit thing
1. Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;

2. Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;

3. He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;

4. And there is none like unto Him.

:w:

Nicola
03-09-2006, 09:26 PM
I was also taught it's a gift from God. But, I noticed people like to take advantage of gifts too. When you give a gift to someone you expect them to say "thank you" in return, not to throw your gift away or not say anything at all. I'm not trying to say your beliefs about the Holy Spirit are wrong or anything, just giving my two cents
I used to believe the same...But you could never abuse the use of the Holy Spirit...the gifts the Holy Spirit brings beside the truth, words of wisdom, words of knowledge, faith, healing, prophecy, speaking in tongues, distinguishing of spirits etc, because God knows whats in everyones heart the gifts cannot be abused....they just would not come.

Matthew 12
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

I also believe God is most gracious and most merciful...and always just.
But God gave us the supernatural gift of the Holy Spirit and all the gifts God wants to bestow on us for a reason...
With Gods Holy Spirit dwelling inside of me I have become a new person..leading and teaching me to become how God wants me to be.
and I am eternally grateful and blessed.

abdul Majid
03-09-2006, 09:28 PM
Why Would God Have His Spirit In You???

That Makes No Sense

<> We all know the Bible says 'God is One' and, "Thou shalt not have any 'gods' beside God."

Yet somehow today Christians are presenting a vast variety of terms and explanations on how God can actually be "One and Three at the same time."

Some attempt to resolve the issue by saying "Jesus is Lord!" or even "Jesus is God." (May Allah save us from any blasphemy, ameen).

<> According to the priests of the Holy Roman Catholic Church there is more to the belief in God than simply saying, "God is One."

<> Jews had no problem with the concept of "Unity of God."

<> The problem was with the Greeks and other pagans who had become quite used to the notion, that their 'gods' in some way resembled the creation around them.

<> Arius, the bishop from Egypt, like many of the early Christians, believed in God as One and Jesus, peace be upon him, as one subservient to God. That is to say, in a lessor position than God.

This concept is still held today by more than 1.5 billion Muslims, who adhere to the teachings of the Quran and the prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him.

<> Simply put, "There is no God worthy of worship, except the One True God. He has no partners."

This aligns nicely with the belief of the early followers of Abraham, Moses, David and Solomon, peace be upon them all.

In an effort to resolve this issue once and for all, Emperor Constantine ordered the bishops from the different factions to assemble in His land.

<> What took place next was to change the way most Christians think of God for many centuries to come.

Nicola
03-09-2006, 09:34 PM
lol GOD HAS A SPIRIT, LOL

GOD IS NOT LIKE US, IN THE QURAN IT SAYS HE IS UNLIKE HIS CREATION...IT WOULD BE CRAZY TO MAKE THAT CLAIM NICOLA!!

GOD IN OONNNEEEE ALMIGHTY, ETERNAL, HE DOSENT DIE LIKE WE DO

well you need not get so defensive...

Where did I say God could die...God always has been and always will....The Holy Spirit also. The Holy Spirit is a part of God.

You wouldn't understand unless you had been blessed with the Holy Spirit and know how it feels to be given the gift from God....

Nicola
03-09-2006, 09:43 PM
Yet somehow today Christians are presenting a vast variety of terms and explanations on how God can actually be "One and Three at the same time."
If you read Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

You will see the Holy Spirit has been since the beginnng. It isn't a new belief or thought of Chrisitans. It is a well known fact.. God sent the Holy Spirit to the prophets throughtout the Old Testement..but not all mankind...not untill pentecoste.

Nicola
03-09-2006, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mashaallah
i still dont get it
do u mean angel gebrial??
salaam

No Arch Angel Gabrial is a very important messenger of Gods' he is not the Holy Spirit.

abdul Majid
03-09-2006, 09:54 PM
but its not his spirit man confuses many things, Gabrial(as) is what your really mean

Nicola
03-09-2006, 09:58 PM
but its not his spirit man confuses many things, Gabrial(as) is what your really mean
Arch Angel Gabrial is a messenger of God and not part of God.

abdul Majid
03-09-2006, 10:02 PM
yea but GOD has no parts, why wouldnt you agree that GOD is one?

can you please tell me this

abdul Majid
03-09-2006, 10:03 PM
<> We all know the Bible says 'God is One' and, "Thou shalt not have any 'gods' beside God."

it says that in the bible

Nicola
03-09-2006, 10:17 PM
yea but GOD has no parts, why wouldnt you agree that GOD is one?

can you please tell me this
God is one...there is only one God I have not denyed that...but he also has two other characters which are Jesus and the Holy Spirit. All do different works but come together as one.

abdul Majid
03-09-2006, 10:20 PM
characters??? like cartoon characters??? what do you mean, and how????

It is a fact that the words “son of God” are not found on the lips of Jesus anywhere in the first three Gospel accounts, he was always calling himself the Son of Man. And it is a curious form of reasoning that I have seen so often that it is established from Bible that he claimed to be God because - look how the Jews reacted. They will say for example he said such and such and the Jews said he is blaspheming, he claimed to be God and they tried to stone him. So they argue that he must have been claiming to be God because look ! - the Jews tried to kill him. They said that’s what he was claiming. But the interesting thing is that all the evidence is then built on the fact that a person is saying: I believed that Jesus was the son of God because the Jews who killed him said that’s what he used to say ! His enemies used to say that, so he must have said it, this is what it amounts to. In other hand we have the words of Jesus saying he would keep the law, the law of Moses and we have the statement in the Bible, why did the Jews kill him ? Because he broke the law of Moses. Obviously the Jews misunderstood him, if he promised he would keep the law, but they killed him because he broke the law, they must have misunderstood him, or lied about him.

Nicola
03-09-2006, 10:21 PM
How is God one? He is one in essence. How is God three? He is three in Person. Essence and person are not the same thing. God is one in a certain way (essence) and three in a different way (person). Since God is one in a different way than He is three, the Trinity is not a contradiction. There would only be a contradiction if we said that God is three in the same way that He is one.

R.C.Sproul says it alot better than I ever could...:o)

abdul Majid
03-09-2006, 10:25 PM
uhhh how can he be person.........WHEN

he is not like his creation

Pinkie
03-09-2006, 10:25 PM
I used to believe the same...But you could never abuse the use of the Holy Spirit...the gifts the Holy Spirit brings beside the truth, words of wisdom, words of knowledge, faith, healing, prophecy, speaking in tongues, distinguishing of spirits etc, because God knows whats in everyones heart the gifts cannot be abused....they just would not come.

Matthew 12
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

I also believe God is most gracious and most merciful...and always just.
But God gave us the supernatural gift of the Holy Spirit and all the gifts God wants to bestow on us for a reason...
With Gods Holy Spirit dwelling inside of me I have become a new person..leading and teaching me to become how God wants me to be.
and I am eternally grateful and blessed.
I most certainly hope you are becoming a better person.

Although the verse you brought up, I couldn't help but read the next verse:

Anyone who says something against the Son of Man can be forgiven; but whoever says something against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven-now or ever.
From my understanding it's like if Isa (alayhis salam) is talking about God? The greatest sin to commit from the view of Judaism, Christianity and Islam is shirk-associating partners with God, a sin which will not be forgiven (it's the First Commandment too) so for practicing Christians criticizing the Holy Spirit is equally sinful?

abul Majid: I think what Christians and Muslims can agree on is the joyful waiting for the second coming of Hazrat Isa (a.s). It would be great if we could live to see his second coming :).

abdul Majid
03-09-2006, 10:27 PM
:brother:

Nicola
03-09-2006, 10:30 PM
characters??? like cartoon characters??? what do you mean, and how????

not cartoon characters...

the easiest way I could describe it to you I think would be...to imagine you are an actor...and you are playing two other roles in a play...and yourself also..
you are still abdul majid....even though you are playing those two other characters...doing different things in the play...playing two other people plus yourself...
are those two other characters your playing still you? or not?

hope that helps...
this is what the trinity is like.

abdul Majid
03-09-2006, 10:33 PM
ok

well GOD doesnt need to have characters, he is capable of anything, HE IS GOOODDD creator of all that exists......

and by the way JESUS (AS) never mentioned this trinity you speak of !!!

Nicola
03-09-2006, 10:41 PM
I most certainly hope you are becoming a better person.
If you let the Holy Spirit into your life...you cannot help but become a better person. It is truly wonderful.

From my understanding it's like if Isa (alayhis salam) is talking about God? The greatest sin to commit from the view of Judaism, Christianity and Islam is shirk-associating partners with God, a sin which will not be forgiven (it's the First Commandment too) so for practicing Christians criticizing the Holy Spirit is equally sinful?

Yes your right it is

http://www.ccel.org/contrib/exec_outlines/hs/hs_12.htm

The Sins Against The Holy Spirit

INTRODUCTION

1. We have seen where the Holy Spirit is certainly active in God's
scheme of redemption...
a. Revealing and confirming the Word of Truth - He 2:3-4
b. Convicting hearts of sin through the Word - Jn 16:7
c. Regenerating those who respond to the gospel - Jn 3:5
d. Indwelling those who obey the gospel - Ac 2:38; 1 Co 6:19
e. Leading those who walk in the Spirit - Ga 5:16-18,25
f. Producing the fruit of the Spirit in those so led - Ga 5:22-23
g. Strengthening those seeking to please God - Ep 3:16
h. Serving as a seal, marking Christians as God's own - Ep 1:13
i. Serving as an earnest (guarantee) of our inheritance - Ep 1:14

2. Because of the Spirit's activity, it is possible for us to sin
against the Spirit...
a. We can resist the Spirit - Ac 7:51
b. We can quench the Spirit - 1 Th 5:19
c. We can grieve the Spirit - Ep 4:30
d. We can insult the Spirit - He 10:29
e. We can blaspheme the Spirit - Mt 12:31-32

IV. INSULTING THE SPIRIT

A. THE WARNING...
1. Written to the Hebrews - He 10:29
2. What does it mean to insult the Spirit of grace?
a. KJV, ASV, "despite the Spirit of grace"
b. NRSV, "outraged the Spirit of grace"
3. The context pertains to willful sin - cf. He 10:26-31
a. Persistent sin with full knowledge and no desire to repent
b. Conduct that tramples Christ underfoot, and regards His
blood a common thing
c. For which remains a fearful and fiery judgment
-- Christians can become so hardened by sin that they insult the
Spirit through outrageous conduct!

abul Majid: I think what Christians and Muslims can agree on is the joyful waiting for the second coming of Hazrat Isa (a.s). It would be great if we could live to see his second coming .
yes it's looking possible for this age, many of Jesus' warning are beginning to be fulfilled. :)

abdul Majid
03-09-2006, 10:43 PM
ok

well GOD doesnt need to have characters, he is capable of anything, HE IS GOOODDD creator of all that exists......

The Ruler
03-09-2006, 10:56 PM
yes it's looking possible for this age, many of Jesus' warning are beginning to be fulfilled. :)
my i ask wat sort of prophesies dey wer :?

Nicola
03-09-2006, 10:56 PM
ok

No..your right, God didn't need to ...but he choose to ...plan mans redemption this way...and we are no one to question the Almighty God and what he does.

Jesus didn't need to mention the word trinity

Jesus was the word...the word became flesh and the Spirit was with God from the beginning also.

You do not know me or my Father. If you knew me you would know the Father also.

abdul Majid
03-09-2006, 11:00 PM
No..your right, God didn't need to ...but he choose to ...plan mans redemption this way...and we are no one to question the Almighty God and what he does.

Jesus didn't need to mention the word trinity

he didnt need too??? so you will assume for him?? becuase thats what your doing, you agree he never mentioned it, so why say he didnt have to, how do you know what a prophet of GOD has to do or not??

this is so important , WOULDNT YOU THINK JESUS(AS) WOULD HAVE SAID IT SO YOU WERENT MISGUIDED, BUT HE DIDNT SO WHY PUT WORDS IN HIS MOUTH????

JUST LIKE HE NEVER SAID HE WAS GODS SON!!!!

Nicola
03-09-2006, 11:37 PM
he didnt need too??? so you will assume for him?? becuase thats what your doing, you agree he never mentioned it, so why say he didnt have to, how do you know what a prophet of GOD has to do or not??

this is so important , WOULDNT YOU THINK JESUS(AS) WOULD HAVE SAID IT SO YOU WERENT MISGUIDED, BUT HE DIDNT SO WHY PUT WORDS IN HIS MOUTH????

And I say to you ask, and it shall be given to you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you (Luke 11:9).

I am not assuming anything

Nicola
03-10-2006, 12:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tagrid
my i ask wat sort of prophesies dey wer :?

There are many and I couldn't do them justice...they are prophecies all to do with the return of Jesus...

Luke 21:29-33
21:29 And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;

21:30 When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.

21:31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.

21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

The people of Israel did not have sovereignty over their own land when Jesus spoke these words, after centuries of exile, the Jews were able to return to Israel and reclaim sovereignty, that was only in 1948.

the parable the figtree is Israel and all the trees are the 12 Jewish tribes...

10 tribes of the Jews are missing to mankind ....of course only God knows where they are he scattered them but these 10 tribes will return back home.

"And it shall come to pass on that day, that the Lord will set His hand again the second time to recover the remnant of His people, that shall remain from Assyria, and from Egypt and from Pathros and from Kush and from Eklam and from Shinar and from Hamath and from the islands of the sea. And he shall set up an ensign for the nations and will assemble the dispersed of Israel and gather together the scattered of Judah from the four corners of the Earth."

Isaiah 11:11

So this generation from when Israel again became a nation on to it's self... will not pass away!...

abdul Majid
03-10-2006, 05:08 AM

abdul Majid
03-10-2006, 05:23 AM
By The Way, In Islam We Beleive In The Return Of Jesus(as) Also

Nicola
03-10-2006, 07:48 AM
Matthew 175

While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud cast a shadow over them,
6 then from the cloud came a voice that said, "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him."

Mark 9

7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

Luke 9

35 And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him

Also Arch Angel Gabriel told the virgin Mary that her son would be called "the Son of God".

Luke 1

35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Nicola
03-10-2006, 07:51 AM
By The Way, In Islam We Beleive In The Return Of Jesus(as) Also
Yes I understand that...but I would like to learn more about Jesus' return from a Muslims, Islamics' point of view..compared to the Bibles understanding of his return.

What is he going to do etc...

any useful links would be welcomed please.

Maimunah
03-10-2006, 09:46 AM
Yes I understand that...but I would like to learn more about Jesus' return from a Muslims, Islamics' point of view..compared to the Bibles understanding of his return.

What is he going to do etc...

any useful links would be welcomed please.
salaam
hope this helps
The return of Isa(Jesus)-alaiyhis salaam
The Physical Features of Hadhrat Isa (A.S.)
He will resemble the famous Sahabi (A.S.) Hadhrat Urwa bin Masoodi (R.A.). He will be of average height and red and white in colour. His hair spread to the shoulders, straight, neat and shining as after a bath. On bending his head, it will seem as if pearls are falling. He will have an armour on his body. He will be wearing two pieces of cloth light yellow in color.

His Descension
He will descend on a Jamaat (group) that will be righteous at the time and comprising of 800 men and 400 women. The people will be preparing for war at the time against Dajjal (the anti-Christ). It will be time for Fajr prayers, and Imam Mahdi will be the Amir (leader). From the darkness of the dawn, a sound will suddenly be heard that "one who listens to your pleas has come" -- the righteous people will look everywhere and their eyes will fall on Isa (A.S.). Briefly, at the time of Fajr, Isa (A.S.) will descend. When descending, Isa (A.S.)'s hands will be on the shoulders of two angels (according to another source (Kab Abrar), a cloud will carry him). On their insistence Hadhrat Isa will introduce himself. He will inquire about their enthusiasm and thoughts on Jihad against Dajjal. Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will descend on the eastern side near the Minaret in Damascus (or in Baitul-Muqaddus by Imam Mahdi). At the time Imam Mahdi will have proceeded forward to lead the Fajr Salaat. The Iqamat of the Salaat would have been said (already recited) and Imam Mahdi will call Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) for Imamat (to lead the prayer), but he (Hadhrat Isa (A.S.)) will instead tell Imam Mahdi to lead the prayer since the Iqamat of that Salaat has already been said for him. Thus Imam Mahdi will lead the prayer, and Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will follow him. After the ruku, he will make this statement: "Allah has killed Dajjal and the Muslims have appeared."

The Killing of Dajjal and the Victory of the Muslims
After the completion of Fajr Salaat, Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will open the door behind him where Dajjal accompanied by 70,000 Yahudis will be. He will indicate with his hand to move away between him (Hadhrat Isa (A.S.)) and Dajjal. Dajjal will then see Hadhrat Isa (A.S.). At that time every Kafir on whom the breath of Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will reach, will die. His breath will reach up to the distance of his eyesight. The Muslims will then come down from the mountains and break loose on the army of Dajjal. There will be war, Dajjal will retreat, and Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will pursue Dajjal. Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will have two flexible swords and one shield with him and with these he will kill Dajjal at the Gate of Hudd. He willl show the Muslims the blood of Dajjal which will get on his shield. Eventually the Yahudis will be selected and killed. The swine will be killed and the cross broken. People will revert to Islam. Wars will end, and people will return to their respective countries. One Jamaat (group) of Muslims will remain in his service and companionship.

Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will go to Fajr Rawha and perform Haj or Umrah (or both) from there. He will also go to the grave of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) and present his greetings and Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) will reply. People will live comfortable lives. The wall of Yajooj and Majooj will then break.

The Blessings of Hadhrat Isa (A.S.)
1 Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will descend and stay on earth.
2 His descension will be in the last era of the Ummat.
3 He will be a just ruler and a fair judge.
4 His ummat will be the Khalifa (deputies) of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam).
5 He will act himself and instruct others on the Qur'an and Hadith (Shariat of Islam).
6 He will lead people in Salaat.
7 He will stay on earth for a period of 40 years after descending. This will be the best era of the Ummat after the first era of Islam.
8 Allah will protect his companions from Jahannam.
9 Those who will save the Deen of Islam by associating themselves with Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will be amongst the most loved by Allah Ta'ala.
10 During this period all other religions and mazhabs besides Islam will perish, hence there will be no kuffaars in the world.
11 Jihad will be stopped.
12 No Khiraaj will be taken.
13 Nor Jizya (protection) money from the kafirs.
14 Wealth and property will be in surplus to such an extent that there will be no one to accept the wealth of the other (everyone will be independent).
15 Receiving Zakaat and Saadaqa will be discarded.
16 The people will love the sajda (prostration) more than the world and what it consists of.
17 All types of Deeni and worldly blessings will descend on earth (many halaal (lawful) things will be created).
18 There will be peace, harmony and tranquility during the time of Hadhrat Isa (A.S.)'s stay in the world.
19 There will be no animosity for a period of seven years, even between two persons.
20 All hearts will be free from miserliness, envy, hatred, malice and jealousy.
21 For a period of forty years no one will fall ill or die.
22 Venom will be taken out of all venomous animals.
23 Snakes and scorpions will not harm anyone to the extent that if a child put his hand in its mouth, he will not be harmed.
24 Wild animals will not harm anyone.
25 If a man will pass a lion, he will not be troubled or harmed, or even if any girl will open its mouth to test if it will do anything.
26 The camels will graze among lions, cheetahs with cattle and the jackals with goats.
27 The fertility of the land will increase to such an extent that even if a seed is planted in a hard rock, it will sprout.
28 A pomegranate will be so huge that a jamaat will be able to eat it and the people will use its peel as shade.
29 There will be so much barakaat (blessing) in milk that a camel will suffice for a huge jamaat, a cow for a tribe and a goat for a family.
30 In short, life will be most pleasant after the descension of Hadhrat Isa (A.S.).

His Marriage, Death and Deputies
After his descension on earth, Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will marry. He will have children, and he will remain on earth 19 years after marriage. He will pass away and Muslims will perform his Janaza Salaat and bury him next to Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam). (Tirmidhi)

Nicola
03-10-2006, 11:18 AM
mashaallah

Thanks so much

I must say it is sooooooo totally different from the end times of the Bible.

I don't understand who alot of the people are mentioned though..

Please tell me who is Hadhrat? I know Isa is Jesus?..

so Hadhrat Isa?

Muslim Knight
03-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Hadhrat is placed as prefix to honor & venerate the recipient. For example, Hadhrat Muhammad (Al-Mustafa, salallahu 'alayhi wassalaam) and Hadhrat Musa ('alayhissalaam)

A Muslim mentions Hadhrat Isa 'alayhissalaam (peace be upon him), to honor him as one of the mightiest Messengers of God.

Maimunah
03-10-2006, 12:02 PM
true say bro
is any more quetsions sis nicola?

Nicola
03-13-2006, 08:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mashaallah
true say bro
is any more quetsions sis nicola?
hiya sis I'm here again.

thanks for teaching me

I have another question for you

Does it mention in the Koran about the spiritual warfare that is taking place
between Satan and his demons and Gods angels.

I'd like to compare with the Bible..

thanks again
:)

God Bless you

cool_jannah
03-13-2006, 07:30 PM

Does it mention in the Koran about the spiritual warfare that is taking place
between Satan and his demons and Gods angels.

I'd like to compare with the Bible..

God Bless you
The real enimies of the satan and the other smaller shayateen (plural of satan) are us human beings. The angels have no right to fight a war against the shayateen unless they are ordered by Allah. Remember the angels do not have a will of their own...they are not like us humans. the angels can destroy the shayateen if they are ordered to do so. they just obey the commands of Allah...unlike us they do not have a free will. and Satan was not a fallen angel...its a falsehood christians like to believe in. Satan was amongst the Jinnat(plural of Jinns/demons)...His main goal is to now astray people from the path of Allah. It is satan who instigated this whole concept of associating partners or sons with Allah....He knew Christians loved Jesus(pbuh) to the extreme. he took advantage of it and just like he did before made people believe that jesus is someone as important as God, and thus diverted the christians to a path of disbelief.

Nicola
03-13-2006, 08:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cool_jannah
The real enimies of the satan and the other smaller shayateen (plural of satan) are us human beings. The angels have no right to fight a war against the shayateen unless they are ordered by Allah. Remember the angels do not have a will of their own...they are not like us humans. the angels can destroy the shayateen if they are ordered to do so. they just obey the commands of Allah...unlike us they do not have a free will. and Satan was not a fallen angel...its a falsehood christians like to believe in. Satan was amongst the Jinnat(plural of Jinns/demons)...His main goal is to now astray people from the path of Allah. It is satan who instigated this whole concept of associating partners or sons with Allah....He knew Christians loved Jesus(pbuh) to the extreme. he took advantage of it and just like he did before made people believe that jesus is someone as important as God, and thus diverted the christians to a path of disbelief.
Thanks for clairfying Islams belief on this matter. :)

Lina
03-31-2006, 05:17 PM
If you read Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

You will see the Holy Spirit has been since the beginnng. It isn't a new belief or thought of Chrisitans. It is a well known fact.. God sent the Holy Spirit to the prophets throughtout the Old Testement..but not all mankind...not untill pentecoste.
Hello,

Actually, the New testament disagrees with that.

But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. John 14:26

And you say the Holy spirit was there since the beginning?
then who is being announced here? a prophet?

if we look further we see:

I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 16:12-13

Who is the spirit of truth here? You would say it's the Holy spirit but then we look at John 14:16

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 14:16

that then brings us back to John 14:26,
What is being ment by 'another comforter' ?
two holy spirits?

Maybe a prophet is being mentioned here, in the greek bible the word; 'Periclytos' is being mentioned, which means the praiseworthy but the word 'Periclytos' has been changed to 'Parecletos' which means
'the comforter'.

If the Holy spirit is actually mentioned then the greek word for spirit isn't right either because that's 'pneuma' and that isn't the word used in the greek bible. Jesus (Isa) p.b.u.h has never mentioned another 'pneuma'

Jesus said the word 'Fhiriclit'. This word is Aramic, the language Jesus spoke and 'Fhiriclit' means; The Praiseworthy.

The Arabic name for The Praiseworthy is Ahmed; which was one of the names of Mohammed peace be upon him.

Peace

PrIM3
03-31-2006, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lina
Hello,

Actually, the New testament disagrees with that.

But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. John 14:26

And you say the Holy spirit was there since the beginning?
then who is being announced here? a prophet?

if we look further we see:

I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 16:12-13

Who is the spirit of truth here? You would say it's the Holy spirit but then we look at John 14:16

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 14:16

that then brings us back to John 14:26,
What is being ment by 'another comforter' ?
two holy spirits?

Maybe a prophet is being mentioned here, in the greek bible the word; 'Periclytos' is being mentioned, which means the praiseworthy but the word 'Periclytos' has been changed to 'Parecletos' which means
'the comforter'.

If the Holy spirit is actually mentioned then the greek word for spirit isn't right either because that's 'pneuma' and that isn't the word used in the greek bible. Jesus (Isa) p.b.u.h has never mentioned another 'pneuma'

Jesus said the word 'Fhiriclit'. This word is Aramic, the language Jesus spoke and 'Fhiriclit' means; The Praiseworthy.

The Arabic name for The Praiseworthy is Ahmed; which was one of the names of Mohammed peace be upon him.

Peace

the Holy Spirit was always around just not with us. now there were some people who would recieve revelations by the Holy Spirit ( God ) in the OT but He never stayed when they made a mistake.. but now Jesus states that the Comforter will help remind you what God has said not just what He said while He was on earth but what he said in since the beginning of time...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.