/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Giants mentioned in the Qur'an...

SuperJatt
03-08-2006, 11:16 AM
Does anyone have more info on this. Its even mentioned in the old testament that there was Giants. Like the size of houses. In the Qu'ran Prophet David fights a giant (Goliath) and killed him with a sling-shot. Similar to the ones Palestinians use to sling rocks at the IDF.

I was thinking, why haven't we found any archaeological evidence of Giants? I mean why hasn't anyone actually gone to Bethlehem and dug up around the area were this battle had taken place? surly there would be some evidence there?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
03-08-2006, 11:29 AM
well we believe that adam was extremely tall!

Volume 9, Book 87, Number 171:
Narrated Samura bin Jundub:

So we proceeded till we reached a garden of deep green dense vegetation, having all sorts of spring colors. In the midst of the garden there was a very tall man and I could hardly see his head because of his great height, and around him there were children in such a large number as I have never seen.

he could hardly see adam (AS)s head! so imagine how tall he was. So the idea of giants mustav been adopted from the earlier generations of men.

hope that answers your question!

akulion
03-08-2006, 11:44 AM
A lot of digs have taken place to try and uncover a lot of the places mentioned both in the bible as well as the Quran

some were found and some not found..so the search continues.

There was once a news article with a picture of Giant skeletons in some newspapers and on the net once - but that turned out to be a haox.

As for now, no evidence has been found - Best to my knowledge.

SuperJatt
03-08-2006, 12:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
A lot of digs have taken place to try and uncover a lot of the places mentioned both in the bible as well as the Quran

some were found and some not found..so the search continues.

There was once a news article with a picture of Giant skeletons in some newspapers and on the net once - but that turned out to be a haox.

As for now, no evidence has been found - Best to my knowledge.
Thats interesting. Am going to try and look it up.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.