/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Umar Ibnul-Khattab Educational Seminar

S_87
03-06-2006, 12:02 PM
:sl:

i think i know where sheikh sudais was.[banana]woohoo[/banana] attending a seminar. and anyone in makkah this summer (aug 15) has the oppurtunity to *meet sit and learn* with him and many top scholars (you have to apply like asap though :lol:

here for more info
http://www.albaseerah.org/seminar06/

Umar Ibnul-Khattab Educational Seminar

A Golden Opportunity TO:
Spend Three Weeks in Makkah, Madinah and With Scholars…
August 15th, 2006 --- September 6th, 2006

Most Productive and Beneficial Usage of Your VACATION!!
Three Weeks of Intensive Course in Islamic Studies

30 Scholars are confirmed to attend in Person Some are listed below:
For more details about the scholars and their bios please visit www.albaseerah.org

Abdul-'Azeez Aal Shaykh,Abdullaah Al-Ghudyaan, Abdul-Muhsin Al-Abbad Muhammed As-Subayyal, Saalih Al-Luhaydaan, Saalih Al-Fawzaan, Ahmed Yahya Najmi, Ali Naasir Al-Faqihi, Muhammed Al-Banna ,Rabee' Al-Madkhali, Saalih As-Suhaymi ,Wasi-Ullaah Abbas ,Abdullaah AL-Jarboo, Abdur-Razzaq Abbad, Muhammed Aadam, Abdul-'Azeez Saeed, Abdur-Rehman As-Sudays, Ali Al-Huthayfi, Muhammed Bazmul, Ali At-tuwayjari, Ubayd Al-Jaabiri, Muhammed Haadi, Ibrahim Ar-Ruhayli , Fahad Al-Fuhayd

P R I Z E S …………
1st Prize = Free FULL trip to the next seminar (Uthmaan Ibn ‘Affan)
2nd Prize = Free Ticket to the next seminar.
3rd Prize = ½ paid ticket to the next seminar.
4th, and 5th, Prizes = Free Accommodations (Excluding Ticket).
10’s of other VALUABLE PRIZES.

and also *the best chance to apply for um al Qura university.*

and topcis are on Quran Hadith Aqeedah and fiqh

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MetSudaisTwice
03-06-2006, 12:07 PM
salam
is there going to be a conference? or has it took place already? is SS attending? link isnt working for me
wasalam

S_87
03-06-2006, 12:20 PM

theres been a conference and theres going to be another. it doesnt say sheikh shuraims name as scholars attending that are confirmed but its got..from the imams.

sheikh sudais sheikh subayil
sheikh hudhaifi sheikh(Husain) al shaikh

+ other top scholars

mizan_aliashraf
03-06-2006, 12:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

i think i know where sheikh sudais was.[BANANA]woohoo[/BANANA] attending a seminar. and anyone in makkah this summer (aug 15) has the oppurtunity to *meet sit and learn* with him and many top scholars (you have to apply like asap though :lol:

here for more info

Salam
Really? in August? I should be there for summer so ill see if i cant attend.
Jazakillah Khayr for letting me know.
Wassalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MetSudaisTwice
03-06-2006, 12:23 PM
salam
mashallah, should be a very good conference, but tickets will be around £1000
what will the topic be on? and will they show it on t.v?
wasalam

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-06-2006, 02:35 PM

Oh man...I hope parents will agree to this! $1990..thats alot of money.. :( Khair..whatever happens Inshallah.

:w:

mizan_aliashraf
03-06-2006, 02:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Åhmed

Oh man...I hope parents will agree to this! $1990..thats alot of money.. :( Khair..whatever happens Inshallah.

That's not a bad price. The saudis really do know how to treat their guests so just remember, you will be most probably getting 5-star service!! cant wait - should be going inshallah
Wassalam

MetSudaisTwice
03-06-2006, 02:37 PM
salam
yeah i know bro, its better off going during ramadhan for taraweeh, at least you can listen and do prayers in the haram
and $1990 is near enough to £1000 in UK
wasalam

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-06-2006, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mizan_aliashraf
That's not a bad price. The saudis really do know how to treat their guests so just remember, you will be most probably getting 5-star service!! cant wait - should be going inshallah
Wassalam

Yeah if i had the money...man id register now. I do have like 200$ saved up....if i can persuade parents to put in the rest... Inshallah..

mizan_aliashraf
03-06-2006, 02:54 PM

Yeah if i had the money...man id register now. I do have like 200$ saved up....if i can persuade parents to put in the rest... Inshallah..

May Allah make it easy for you. And bro MST, going for taraweeh is one thing, but the conference is an opportunity to really gain some knowledge and meet some new people and some scholars. Also, if you want to meet the imams, the haram is almost empty in summer because its off-peak time. You can relax at that time (only if you can hack the intense heat)
Wassalam

MetSudaisTwice
03-06-2006, 02:56 PM
salam
if i could understand arabic, i would have said that by listening to the recitations at taraweeh i will be learning inshallah, and what better guide than the Holy Quran?
wasalam

mizan_aliashraf
03-06-2006, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
if i could understand arabic, i would have said that by listening to the recitations at taraweeh i will be learning inshallah, and what better guide than the Holy Quran?
wasalam

Salam
Very true, but youll also learn quite a lot if you attend such conferences (depending on the topic) The qur'an is not a matter of understanding arabic, as it has to be interpreted. Even i dont understand the whole qur'an and i speak and understand better arabic than my own mother tongue. What i am saying is that even if you do understand arabic, you will not understand all of qur'an. Of course you will get the basic idea but there are words in the qur'an that are not used in everyday arabic so it is quite difficult to understand. Taraweeh in either of the haramain is an unrivalled experience, i would definitely recommend it
Wassalam

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-06-2006, 03:07 PM

It says the Seminar has lectures in Arabic and in English.

mizan_aliashraf
03-06-2006, 03:11 PM
Salam
Where are you getting the info from
Jazakallah
Wassalam

MetSudaisTwice
03-06-2006, 03:12 PM
salam
from here bro
wasalam

mizan_aliashraf
03-06-2006, 03:16 PM
Salam
Jazakallah Khayr for the link
A lot of the scholars are from the islamic university in madinah. I only recognise the names of about 3 of them.
Barakallahu Feekum
Wassalam

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-06-2006, 03:19 PM

Yeah, and they have a few Imams as well. I just sent them an Email. Theyre located in New York..i might be able to go and meet/talk to them Inshallah.

S_87
03-06-2006, 03:36 PM
mst listening to the Quran and understanding the meaning of Quran is one thing but this conference consists of Quran explanation which is advanced and different to recitation...

Arwa
03-06-2006, 05:03 PM

May Allah make it easy for you. And bro MST, going for taraweeh is one thing, but the conference is an opportunity to really gain some knowledge and meet some new people and some scholars. Also, if you want to meet the imams, the haram is almost empty in summer because its off-peak time. You can relax at that time (only if you can hack the intense heat)
SummeR? When everyone is on holiday including Saudi's national holidays? :rollseyes I went summer 2005 man it was so packed the 3rd floor was open.. I was unable to kiss the Black Stone until the last where I stayed up the whole night to do lots of ibaadah alhamdulillah and from the hotel, I made my intention that Ima kiss the Stone today and alhamdulillah after half an hour I was successful. :giggling:

In the summer, it is quiet crowdy...

mizan_aliashraf
03-06-2006, 05:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Arwa

SummeR? When everyone is on holiday including Saudi's national holidays? :rollseyes I went summer 2005 man it was so packed the 3rd floor was open.. I was unable to kiss the Black Stone until the last where I stayed up the whole night to do lots of ibaadah alhamdulillah and from the hotel, I made my intention that Ima kiss the Stone today and alhamdulillah after half an hour I was successful. :giggling:

In the summer, it is quiet crowdy...

Subhanallah, really? I went in summer 2004 and the haram was quite empty. the 3rd floor was closed and only the ground and 1st floors would get packed. I went in mid-august 2004 so maybe it was off-peak.
wassalam

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-07-2006, 03:48 PM

I have sent them 2 emails askign for how can one get the 'scholorship' but i havent got any reply. I posted it on their site but it seems like the Admin didnt approve of it. I PMed him to no reply.... Its seeming dodgy to me..that they put it up but dont give details as to how one can get it...

MetSudaisTwice
03-07-2006, 03:50 PM
salam
allahu alam bro, same problem here, but may allah give us other oppurtunities to visit the Holy Cities of Makkah and Madinah
wasalam

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-07-2006, 03:55 PM

Inshallah and lol no i didnt :p Just asked how can one be eliglible to recieve it [the scholorship].. $1990 is alot of money. :(

salam
allahu alam bro, same problem here, but may allah give us other oppurtunities to visit the Holy Cities of Makkah and Madinah
wasalam
Inshallah and Ameen. Whatever happens is for the best. Perhaps we arent supposed to go this time. Allahu Alam.

MetSudaisTwice
03-07-2006, 03:56 PM
salam
i think it is well cheaper to go during ramadhan, and you are guaranteed, inshallah, to hear recitations everyday
waslam

mizan_aliashraf
03-07-2006, 03:59 PM
Salam
I dont think it is cheaper in ramadhan. For one thing, it will cost about £650-£800 for the ticket, another £500 for the hotel, about £300 on food and other expenses and if you want to bring anything back.......
The shops in makkah/madinah really hike up prices during ramadhan and hajj, thats when they make most of their money, so in that sense, $1990 is not a lot of money.
Wassalam

S_87
03-08-2006, 02:39 PM
Dua to high demand this topic has been posted here :rollseyes and taken from its previous place

mizan_aliashraf
03-08-2006, 03:07 PM
Salam
Jazakillah Khayr
I should be going inshallah, just sorted it out with my links in KSA
I hope others from this here forum will be able to attend
May Allah enable us to benefit from such great scholars
Wassalam

S_87
03-08-2006, 03:40 PM

you mean you dont have to apply via albaseera? :D

MetSudaisTwice
03-08-2006, 03:43 PM
salam
no sis, he is going as a guest
wasalam

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-08-2006, 03:45 PM

I sent them an email, and i did get a reply back Alhamdullilah! Theyve promised me a seat Alhamdullilah. Parents are willing to send but again its the financial thats holding them back.

MetSudaisTwice
03-08-2006, 03:46 PM
salam
i will not be going, one, becasue it is too expensive and 2, my heart is set on going during ramadhan inshallah
wasalam

Abu Hurairah
03-08-2006, 04:14 PM

InshAllah I will be attending. Will be v good.

AH

S_87
03-09-2006, 02:03 PM

I sent them an email, and i did get a reply back Alhamdullilah! Theyve promised me a seat Alhamdullilah. Parents are willing to send but again its the financial thats holding them back.

inshaAllah inshaAllah inshaAllah everything goes well and you get to go :thumbs_up

mizan_aliashraf
03-09-2006, 02:22 PM
Salam
Inshallah youll be able to attend and benefit from the great knowledge of such great scholars - If you go i hope i see you there
Wassalam

Maimunah
03-09-2006, 03:27 PM
mashaallah
how i wish i could go!!!!!!

Cheb
03-09-2006, 03:30 PM
Salam.
Where will all the money be going?
Peace.

S_87
03-09-2006, 03:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cheb
Salam.
Where will all the money be going?
Peace.

what do u mean

the money will pay for ur flight and accomodation etc...

MetSudaisTwice
03-09-2006, 03:35 PM
salam
lol, the event is not a fund raising event, just for those to benefit the knowledge inshallah
wasalam

Cheb
03-09-2006, 03:36 PM
Salam
Sorry for my ignorance I thought the payment was just for attending the conference.
Thanks.
Wasalam.

MetSudaisTwice
03-09-2006, 03:38 PM
salam
no worries bro
wasalam

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-28-2006, 01:21 AM

Here are pics from the Seminar:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...eminar%202006/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.