/* */

PDA

View Full Version : non muslim women dress up as muslims

julie sarri
03-09-2006, 01:03 PM
:sl: i read on the web yesterday that 2 non muslim danish women dressed up as muslim women in the full islamic dress went out in the street to see the reaction from the danish people and were horrified at the resonance they got being call disgusting names by the genial pubic most of it coming from the old the 2 women said that the danish pubic had know understanding or respect for muslim people or islam there were some young children on a bus they got on and they kept looking at us and seemed scared of us the 2 women said we couldent wait to get home and we still cant belive the way we were treated :w: :sister:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi'ya
03-09-2006, 01:06 PM
:sl:

well its nice to have something like this happen. I think all too often we(as Muslims) think that the whole world is against us, when ni actual fact the majority of people actually are in favour of us.

We generalise too much. Thats really nice of the danish women to do that and i pray that they raise awareness to their community inshAllah

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

IbnAbdulHakim
03-09-2006, 01:07 PM
my sister said people act less rude/racist wiv her wen im around hehe :brother: :brother: :sl: :coolbro:

j4763
03-09-2006, 01:09 PM
So what?

Can you imaging the reaction if two muslim ladys dressed up in western clothing in a muslim country (short skirts, tight tops...etc) pretty sure they'd get a similer reaction. Pretty hypocritical.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Qurratul Ayn
03-09-2006, 01:09 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Jazakallah Khair for that article Sister julie sarri and I also read an article in the newspapaer of an English woman who wore the full hijab and burka and went out like that for a week and she also got the same negative results such as the ones you have wrote

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah

Protected_Diamond
03-09-2006, 01:12 PM

Life's a test and may Allah s.w.a help us in every way insha Allah & ameen!

Cheb
03-09-2006, 01:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by j4763
So what?

Can you imaging the reaction if two muslim ladys dressed up in western clothing in a muslim country (short skirts, tight tops...etc) pretty sure they'd get a similer reaction. Pretty hypocritical.
First off it is not hypocritical because when the Muslim women are treated that way it is because they are "Muslim". Nothing those women are doing went against their belief. It is not like for Christians or whatever religion it is a sin to wear a hijab and 3abaya.
Now if a woman walked in a street full of Muslims in a short skirt and tight top, she would be doing something AGAINST our religion. She would be violating the law too in some countries, and she would be disrespecting the Muslim people there. It is NOT the same thing.
Besides I live in the UAE and unfortunately there are plenty of short skirt tight top wearing women here and you dont see any heads getting chopped off do you.

j4763
03-09-2006, 01:24 PM
Heads chopped off? I never said that! But you will get many disapproving looks; there are very few Muslims in Denmark so of course you’re going get people staring, just like you would if a white man walked through a remote African village!

Cheb
03-09-2006, 01:30 PM
The head chopped off remark was just a point I was making...I know you didnt say it.
Anyway the point of the thread was to show that they were being treated in a disgusting way, not just being stared at. The fact that there are few Msulims in Denmark is not an excuse. Staring is one thing and being treated badly is another.

j4763
03-09-2006, 01:38 PM
Staring is one thing and being treated badly is another.
Totally agree.

But many Danish don’t understand Muslims and little is being done by Muslim to help them. And try to remember Denmark is a Christian country so there will be conflicting views.

Protected_Diamond
03-09-2006, 01:39 PM
Islam came as soemthing strange, and it will go back as something strange. Blessed are the strangers (ghuraba) :happy:

Cheb
03-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Totally agree.

But many Danish don’t understand Muslims and little is being done by Muslim to help them. And try to remember Denmark is a Christian country so there will be conflicting views.
But the fact that they are treating them badly because they are Muslim even though they do not know what Islam is about is ignorance. It is not like we are gonna go knock on every door and teach them about Islam. They should seek the answers for themselves. No true Muslim will turn down a person of another religion seeking knowlege about Islam, all they need to do is ask :)

Sure there are conflicting views, but it should not affect the way people are treated. No one has the right to do so.

S_87
03-09-2006, 01:53 PM
So what?

its not a clash of eastern versus western clothing ;)

if you recall Mary (peace be upon her) was a pure chaste woman who covered up, and nuns too cover up and even strict jews cover up and even strict hindus cover up and even strict sikhs cover up. :sister: so i say Alhumdulillah most muslims in muslim populated countries cover up. note i said most muslims because not all muslims cover up.

j4763
03-09-2006, 01:55 PM
That’s the hole thing about people of religion, imo there all ignorant to others religions, don’t want to learn others religions (learn as in learn not follow).

Me I’m religion free and am loving the freedom of learning others ways. (That’s the main reason I’ve come to an Islamic forum :) )

Maimunah
03-09-2006, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Proud ukht
Islam came as soemthing strange, and it will go back as something strange. Blessed are the strangers (ghuraba) :happy:
nice reminder
thanks.
salaam:)

mahuruf
03-09-2006, 02:45 PM
As'salamu Alaikum

A boy around 7 saw a Muslim Sister dressed with full hijab and burka waiting in the departure lounge in an US airport. The boy could not control his curiosity ran to the sister and raised her dress. The unexpected event shocked the sister who screamed loud. The embarrassed mother quickly grabbed the boy. The boy shouted I want to see whether she has a tail. It happened two years ago. The boy has got to know in the school that Muslims are different creatures.

This was narrated by a lecturer who was an eye witness to the incident.

Halima
03-09-2006, 04:10 PM

Thread moved.

HeiGou
03-09-2006, 05:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
its not a clash of eastern versus western clothing ;)

if you recall Mary (peace be upon her) was a pure chaste woman who covered up, and nuns too cover up and even strict jews cover up
Then it is a clash of East versus West. All those examples are of pious Jews - Semitic speakers from Palestine. Except the nuns who wear alien clothes in the Middle Eastern style. Muslims have more in common with Jews than Western Europeans.

[quote] and even strict hindus cover up and even strict sikhs cover up.[quote]

Actually before the Muslim invasions the Hindus seemed to go about with very little on. The Muslim and Christian sources often mention it. The Sari is, by Islamic and Christian standards, very immodest.

It probably seems natural to you but it seems odd to me that the female body would become such a source of tension for Muslims and Jews.

north_malaysian
03-10-2006, 04:13 AM
In Malaysia, nobody would care whatever you're wearing, hijab or not, sleeveless or not, showing pierced navel - whatever. But if you dont take shower, or very smelly - People will cover their noses LITERALLY regardless your gender, religion, ethnic whatver.

abby
08-19-2007, 05:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cheb
First off it is not hypocritical because when the Muslim women are treated that way it is because they are "Muslim". Nothing those women are doing went against their belief. It is not like for Christians or whatever religion it is a sin to wear a hijab and 3abaya.
Now if a woman walked in a street full of Muslims in a short skirt and tight top, she would be doing something AGAINST our religion. She would be violating the law too in some countries, and she would be disrespecting the Muslim people there. It is NOT the same thing.
Besides I live in the UAE and unfortunately there are plenty of short skirt tight top wearing women here and you dont see any heads getting chopped off do you.
For most Christians, it is a sin to wear tight clothing and short skirts. My parents are Pentecostal Christians. They also have very strict guidelines for how women can dress. They believe that women are only allowed to wear very long skirts or dresses, can not wear make-up or jewelry, and are not allowed to cut their hair. I now go to an Assembly of God church with the same basics beliefs, but with less rules for how you can dress. There are other types of Christianity like the Mennonites and the Amish Christians who have even stricter standards of dress than the standards that Muslims have. Luckily, here in the western world, we don't torture women for dressing out of character, and I don't believe that anyone should ever be tortured for what they wear. However, I think it's very innappropriate for women to wear skimpy, tight clothes. Classy educated women don't do it.

7ai_3la_Alsalah
08-19-2007, 05:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abby
For most Christians, it is a sin to wear tight clothing and short skirts. My parents are Pentecostal Christians. They also have very strict guidelines for how women can dress. They believe that women are only allowed to wear very long skirts or dresses, can not wear make-up or jewelry, and are not allowed to cut their hair. I now go to an Assembly of God church with the same basics beliefs, but with less rules for how you can dress. There are other types of Christianity like the Mennonites and the Amish Christians who have even stricter standards of dress than the standards that Muslims have. Luckily, here in the western world, we don't torture women for dressing out of character, and I don't believe that anyone should ever be tortured for what they wear. However, I think it's very innappropriate for women to wear skimpy, tight clothes. Classy educated women don't do it.
Ummm, you said Most Christians!!!, I thought that there is no problem for them to wear what they want, rarely if I would see a Christian cares to wear an acceptable clothes except Nuns and some Christian women in suburbs, the case is better with Jewish who cares to cover up their women, but your post are very interesting, you also said that some Amish and Mennonites have more stricter way of dressing than Muslims, so could you explain it more, also if you please have links "website" for those sects of Christians I'd be glad.

Peace

Skywalker
08-19-2007, 07:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abby
Luckily, here in the western world, we don't torture women for dressing out of character, and I don't believe that anyone should ever be tortured for what they wear.
Luckily, here in the Muslim world, we don't either :)

format_quote Originally Posted by mahuruf
The boy shouted I want to see whether she has a tail.
Was the little boy Goku?? ;D

beespreeteam
08-19-2007, 10:12 AM
Abby,

1/4 Women don't go out because the think they're ugly, and 1/6 are scared about what men will think of them when they go out. That's because if you aren't dressed up and aren't all 'hot and sexy', there's huge pressure.

If that's not torture, I don't know what is LOL!

beespreeteam
08-19-2007, 10:14 AM
[QUOTE=HeiGou;205894]Then it is a clash of East versus West. All those examples are of pious Jews - Semitic speakers from Palestine. Except the nuns who wear alien clothes in the Middle Eastern style. Muslims have more in common with Jews than Western Europeans.

[quote] and even strict hindus cover up and even strict sikhs cover up.

Actually before the Muslim invasions the Hindus seemed to go about with very little on. The Muslim and Christian sources often mention it. The Sari is, by Islamic and Christian standards, very immodest.

It probably seems natural to you but it seems odd to me that the female body would become such a source of tension for Muslims and Jews.
Well it's a huge source of tension in the Western world... Heck, Dove's even running a campaign against women being objectified ahah

KAding
08-19-2007, 11:20 AM
Heads chopped off? I never said that! But you will get many disapproving looks; there are very few Muslims in Denmark so of course you’re going get people staring, just like you would if a white man walked through a remote African village!
Well, thats not true. There are quite a lot of Muslims in Denmark, in cities they are a very large minority, and perhaps even a majority in some neighborhoods.

You'd really have to live in the country side and never go to the city to not see Muslims all the time.

Edit: bah, only just now saw the thread is almost a year old!

Amadeus85
08-19-2007, 01:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cheb
But the fact that they are treating them badly because they are Muslim even though they do not know what Islam is about is ignorance. It is not like we are gonna go knock on every door and teach them about Islam. They should seek the answers for themselves. No true Muslim will turn down a person of another religion seeking knowlege about Islam, all they need to do is ask :)
Have any of you people considered that maybe europeans are simply not interested in teaching about islam, because they have better things to do in their life ^o)

The_Prince
08-19-2007, 01:36 PM
So what?

u have probaly never even visited a Muslim country so dont talk garbage! there are several western women dressed up in tight tops, skirts in Muslim countries, such as UAE, DUBAI, KUWAIT, LEBANON, TURKEY, INDONESIA, TUNIS, MORROCO, EGYPT and i could go on forever so dont talk with ignorance next time, face the reality your culture and people are rude racists thats it you can only pick on Muslim women then later say we want to free Muslim women!

Neelam92
08-19-2007, 01:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
my sister said people act less rude/racist wiv her wen im around hehe :brother: :brother: :sl: :coolbro:
thats true like when it just me and my sis who go out we always get looks and comments thrown at us :confused: but we dont care but when im with my dad i dont get any, people just walk pass with their heads down its like, WAT!

Skywalker
08-19-2007, 01:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
Have any of you people considered that maybe europeans are simply not interested in teaching about islam, because they have better things to do in their life
loooool! Such as...? ;D

format_quote Originally Posted by beespreeteam
1/4 Women don't go out because the think they're ugly, and 1/6 are scared about what men will think of them when they go out. That's because if you aren't dressed up and aren't all 'hot and sexy', there's huge pressure.

If that's not torture, I don't know what is LOL!
Good point. Hijab is freedom from all that :)

Neelam92
08-19-2007, 02:40 PM
without my hijab i dont think i would be free

HIJAB=FREE
What is exactly going through ur mind?
As ur standing there staring at me?

You call me oppressed,
simply because of the way I'm dressed.

But don’t u see under the hijab that I wear I do care,
My head is not bare.

But remember I’m wearing my hijab,
And I know that makes me strong,
Even though they think its all wrong.

They don’t know it's kind of tough,
Especially when times like this comes which makes it rough.

They think that I do not have opinions or voice,
they think that being hooded isn't my choice.

I have a voice so I will be heard,
for in my heart I carry His word.

Now it’s my time to turn and say,
‘But don’t u see that I am truly free,
This piece of cloth I wear so proudly,
To preserve my dignity,
All I wanted is equality
Why can’t u just accept me for who I am?

I walk away with a smile and say,
‘I’m the one who is free’

Do you see someone limited?
Or someone free?

Amadeus85
08-19-2007, 03:24 PM
The only responsible for the so called "islamophobia" are muslim terrorists. There are some reasons why europeans are fear of muslims, not hindus, chinese or buddhists.

Neelam92
08-19-2007, 04:25 PM
The only responsible for the so called "islamophobia" are muslim terrorists. There are some reasons why europeans are fear of muslims, not hindus, chinese or buddhists.
WHAT???:grumbling

Cognescenti
08-19-2007, 04:42 PM
Intolerance goes both ways. Do you think the ridiculous demands from the Muslim world about a stupid cartoon may have influenced Danish opinion?

Kittygyal
08-19-2007, 04:44 PM
HA?!!

:offended:

Woodrow
08-19-2007, 09:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 7ai_3la_Alsalah
Ummm, you said Most Christians!!!, I thought that there is no problem for them to wear what they want, rarely if I would see a Christian cares to wear an acceptable clothes except Nuns and some Christian women in suburbs, the case is better with Jewish who cares to cover up their women, but your post are very interesting, you also said that some Amish and Mennonites have more stricter way of dressing than Muslims, so could you explain it more, also if you please have links "website" for those sects of Christians I'd be glad.

Peace
I have not seen Abby answer this. I am a little familiar with Amish, Mennonites and Quakers. they do dress very modest and most only dress in black.

Here are some typical pictures.

Umm Yoosuf
08-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum

I've meet couple Christian women who do not wear trousers or tight fitted cloths due to the faith but they are very rare.

zarhad
08-19-2007, 09:40 PM
Even living in a country that prides them self on multi-culturalism and being open minded people would be suprised at the back lash that alot of muslims get here in canada, its good in alot of ways ive seen fights in the street due to religious issues ive heard alot of bad things from people who did not know i was muslim, espically people who do not know alot of muslim men or woman. ive seen people scared of me, had people say they cant be friends with me due to the fact i was muslim, and have people scared of me just because of what they see on the media. altho i have made friends of some people like that- that are now more open minded and not so judgmental anymore

in a way it seems bad a non muslim put themself in a muslims dress however its almost good that people see how it is to be in our shoes.

personally i think that some islamic groups are doing very non islamic things and over reacting but you know its pasted down to them from generation to generation its a circle of hate that im afraid to say may never end...its very sad

zarhad
08-19-2007, 09:43 PM
altho i was very upset personally by the danish cartoon even though i wasnt out in the streets like alot of people they should have known that our religion is a lot less liberal then others

KAding
08-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Is there a country on this planet in which a Muslim minority feel completely at ease?

I think most multicultural countries have some level of tension and known some unease between different groups. And Muslims are a very proud people with a strong sense of identity. This only makes it harder, especially if the majority is somewhat intolerant and demands assimilation.

Woodrow
08-19-2007, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
Is there a country on this planet in which a Muslim minority feel completely at ease?

I think most multicultural countries have some level of tension and known some unease between different groups. And Muslims are a very proud people with a strong sense of identity. This only makes it harder, especially if the majority is somewhat intolerant and demands assimilation.
I believe that it is difficult for the member of a minority, Religous, Ethnic or Race, in any country.

However, I find Austin to be very accepting and understanding of minorities. Possibly because Austin is very diverse and it is difficult to see any particular group as being a clear majority. Austin is like a conglomerate of minorities.

Perhaps the secret to end discrimination is to recognize the fact that each person is unique and a minority of one.

zarhad
08-19-2007, 09:59 PM
its true in a way we all whether muslim or none muslim exzude a degree of pride, we want to stand firm on our beliefs and feel just and right, and in a multicultural society we are still like that but we dont want to hurt others feelings or start a fight, its a fine line...ive had woman sit there and try and tell me that there religion is true not mine, i have a very strong faith in islam so i can sit and listen without it effecting my point of view in the least however i try to be respectful but theres a part of me that wants to tell her to stop and tell her how wrong she is and prove to her my way is right.
once and a while ive found myself doing that i usually try to take the calmist aproch possible but yah, there is alot of tension..

zarhad
08-19-2007, 10:01 PM
religion is a touchy subject your talking about a BELIEF not an opinion...

Amadeus85
08-19-2007, 10:05 PM
And maybe the problem is that there are simply too many muslims in Europe, and native europeans dont want to allow the islamization of this continent.

zarhad
08-19-2007, 10:12 PM
thats a bad way to look at it, people should be clasified by there religion - at least not the way you are saying it "the islamization of this continent." there are more then a billion muslims in the world, thats not going to change, 70% of them people pass by every day without knowing what religion they are, so i dont think thats it, and i hope thats not it...thats just sad

zarhad
08-19-2007, 10:14 PM
correction: shouldn't be classified by religion

Cognescenti
08-20-2007, 03:46 PM
Speaking of Muslim dress for women, I was at an outdoor mall with restaurants (serving plenty of alcohol, btw) and stores, comedy club..etc., etc, in Irvine, California this weekend. Orange County and LA have become amazingly cosmopolitan, but I was a bit surprised by the numbers of Muslims there (many hundreds). I knew Irivne had a very big Persian community (mostly not observant in the past) but most weren't Persian.

These observations: the older women (>25 let's say) were wearing headscarves and elegant long gowns. Most of the younger women weren't wearing headscarves and many of the men were dressed like they were getting ready to cut the grass (short pants, athletic socks, running shoes, T-shirts..etc etc)

So, here is the question. Is this a reflection of cultural homogenization? Are the younger women not properly observant? And what about the establishments serving alcohol. Granted, there is no public drinking and no inappropriate behavior, but is this permitted for observant Muslims to be in a commerical establishment like this?

Kittygyal
08-20-2007, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
Speaking of Muslim dress for women, I was at an outdoor mall with restaurants (serving plenty of alcohol, btw) and stores, comedy club..etc., etc, in Irvine, California this weekend. Orange County and LA have become amazingly cosmopolitan, but I was a bit surprised by the numbers of Muslims there (many hundreds). I knew Irivne had a very big Persian community (mostly not observant in the past) but most weren't Persian.

These observations: the older women (>25 let's say) were wearing headscarves and elegant long gowns. Most of the younger women weren't wearing headscarves and many of the men were dressed like they were getting ready to cut the grass (short pants, athletic socks, running shoes, T-shirts..etc etc)

Greetings.

LOL. did you notice that today blud? come to chiy town and it's even worse there, cali aint that bad.

That happens alot in USA it's actually erm lets say 92%

i would rekon not all women are dressed modest either see the in mall OM.. it would be like there's no tommorrow.

Sarada
08-20-2007, 04:02 PM
Here in Toronto, Canada, when my daughter and her husband are coming for dinner, I wear a hijab to go to the muslim grocery store to buy halal meat. A few people stare at me, but no one is rude, it's just a part of normal life to look at someone who is dressed differently.

I get looks from people, too, when I am wearing a sari on the way to the mandir. A blonde woman wearing a sari is still an uncommon sight.

If I were to wear a "dirndl", the costume of my own country, Germany, I'm sure I would also get stares.

These ladies in Denmark are to applauded for "walking a mile in someone else's shoes".

Kittygyal
08-20-2007, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sarada
Here in Toronto, Canada, when my daughter and her husband are coming for dinner, I wear a hijab to go to the muslim grocery store to buy halal meat. A few people stare at me, but no one is rude, it's just a part of normal life to look at someone who is dressed differently.

I get looks from people, too, when I am wearing a sari on the way to the mandir. A blonde woman wearing a sari is still an uncommon sight.

If I were to wear a "dirndl", the costume of my own country, Germany, I'm sure I would also get stares.

These ladies in Denmark are to applauded for "walking a mile in someone else's shoes".

Hi.

Don't you just hate it when you walk down the street's and peep's stare at you out of blue?

I mean i look like a christain as i 'was' a christain and when i wear asian clothes (that was when i was well and used to go out in local) people used to just stare at me because seeing an white skinn'd dudette walking in local with asian clothes is way out of order for them UHM!

Fishman
08-20-2007, 04:52 PM
And maybe the problem is that there are simply too many muslims in Europe, and native europeans dont want to allow the islamization of this continent.
What 'Islamization'? The only parts of Europe that have been 'Islamised' are the Balkans, and that took hundreds of years. Europe does not have an Islamic culture, and probably won't until the time of the Mahdi and the return of Jesus (peace be upon him). A lot of Muslims seem to think that Europe will soon be a Muslim country, but being realistic it probably won't be happening any time soon.
And its a bit of a generalisation to say that native Europeans want to slow Muslim immigration. I'm a native European, and I obviously don't, and neither do my parents, to my knowledge. In fact the only people who I personally know that want to slow immigration considerably are some rather ignorant teenagers.

Amadeus85
08-20-2007, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Hi.

Don't you just hate it when you walk down the street's and peep's stare at you out of blue?

I mean i look like a christain as i 'was' a christain and when i wear asian clothes (that was when i was well and used to go out in local) people used to just stare at me because seeing an white skinn'd dudette walking in local with asian clothes is way out of order for them UHM!
Terrible, another example of cruel persecutions in this racist Europe. Maybe you should call cops :?

Kittygyal
08-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Terrible, another example of cruel persecutions in this racist Europe. Maybe you should call cops :?
Hi.

Cops?? just for staring at me LOL

i aint from UK blud im from USA im just at UK for abit more longer before i go back to USA, so it doesn't bother me

abby
08-20-2007, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 7ai_3la_Alsalah

Peace
You were inquiring about the Amish and the Mennonites. Check out these websites: www.amish-heartland.com or http://www.amishcountry.org/ and for the Mennonites, check out http://history.mennonite.net/ To learn about the Pentecostals, look up http://www.upci.org/ To learn about the Mormans, look up http://www.mormancentral.com Mormans believe in having more than one wife. The Amish people don't drive cars or use electricity or anything modern. They drive horses and carriages, and the women wear bonnets and long dresses with petticoats, just like in the 19th century. The men all wear a green shirt under blue overalls with a black top hat. They live life as if they were living in the year 1850. Mennonites are a branch of Annabaptists who separated from the Amish, and adopted a slightly more modern way of dress. The women still wear long dresses, but they all wear a smaller white bonnet on their heads. I think the men dress more like regular men. Pentecostal Christians have a very strict dress code. The men can pretty much wear whatever they want, but the women can barely step out of the house without covering every thing up. They have to wear a long skirt down to their ankles, and the sleeves have to be down to the wrist, and they can't cut their hair or wear any make up or jewelry, and they have to pin their hair up.
Most types of Christians have a dress code of some sort. I never wear tight short clothes. People that do wear stuff like that are just trashy low class people. It's not a question of whether or not they are a Christian, it just means they are low class and should be ignored.

Amadeus85
08-20-2007, 05:32 PM
[QUOTE=Fishman;813197]:sl:
What 'Islamization'? The only parts of Europe that have been 'Islamised' are the Balkans, and that took hundreds of years

Europe does not have an Islamic culture,
Well, a bit in Spain and in Balkans, but its true that Europe was build on judeo-christian values, and islam is something new in western Europe, cuz this immigration began about 30 years ago.

A lot of Muslims seem to think that Europe will soon be a Muslim country,
Yes and this is the problem, because there are also muslim organizations who support islamization, and single muslims are just puppets in their hands often.

but being realistic it probably won't be happening any time soon.
I hope.

And its a bit of a generalisation to say that native Europeans want to slow Muslim immigration.
Well, just look how popular are anti islamistic (not anti islamic !) parties in Europe, Belgium, Holland, France, Denmark.

I'm a native European,
Yes but you are a muslim too, so its obvious that you dont mind the islamization.

In fact the only people who I personally know that want to slow immigration considerably are some rather ignorant teenagers.
Well, i guess that not only teenagers voted for Sarkozy for example.

Amadeus85
08-20-2007, 05:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Hi.

Cops?? just for staring at me LOL

i aint from UK blud im from USA im just at UK for abit more longer before i go back to USA, so it doesn't bother me
Dear lady, it was a sarcasm. :nervous: Big sarcasm.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.