/* */

PDA

View Full Version : It's kind of sad how everything is so temporary

Guli7
03-10-2006, 12:36 AM
We are given this life and we live it full heartedly. When I was young I had the best childhood imaginable. I was close to my friends/relatives. Now they have moved away, passed away or we aren't as close as we used to be. I have learned growing up that everything is temporary and the best things in life don't last. I have felt depressed a lot of times. Praying has helped. It's just sad how this world is all very temporary. We must learn not to get too attached. In the end we are on our own.

We don't know where we will be headed for an absolute fact. Heaven or somewhere else or whatever the case maybe. I have read descriptions of heaven but I don't know how much to believe in it all. Rivers of honey and all this, people being re united again....etc.

I have taken religion/philosophy courses that have some teachings that people believe they don't have a self but just become one with God and that is alright with them....to not exist after life.

Can you imagine that? To forget everything about this world and to just disappear into something else. Never seeing your loved ones again etc. I can't imagine such a thing but know that it will happen. One day we will see what this universe and our creation was for and its just scary.

I'm just getting older now and lamenting over all this. Life and reality has become much harsher for me and I can't help but miss my childhood days and the simple times that I know will never come back to me.

I just rambled on but can't help what I feel. I have to look to build a great future but get stuck on past memories and I know that is wrong. Even memories will fade away for good one day.

What are some of your beliefs in all this? How much do you believe in the afterlife? Do you go as far as believing all the descriptions of heaven etc? Do you believe that one day you do reunite with your loved ones but what about those best friends? Do you see what I mean, so many things are forgotten and fade away. Only Allah is true, superior being that created all the universe.

Sorry for rambling on so much........

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Guli7
03-10-2006, 12:39 AM
I just realized how much I didn't make sense. I hope you got the overall message...sorry

Ghazi
03-10-2006, 12:43 AM
Salaam

This whole world is temporary, because it's a test.

Guli7
03-10-2006, 12:45 AM
yeah you can say its not even real at all, all those experiences, relationships. If you really think about it, its really sad. Everything is just made to pass away. Its not good to dwell on things, but that is my biggest vice.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SalafiFemaleJih
03-10-2006, 12:46 AM
We are just travellers in this duniyah. Passing by to hereAfter. Its just for a day or two subhanAllah. To Allah we all belong, and to HIM we all return.

Are we ready to face our Rabb?

Wasalmualaikum Warhatmullah.

Protected_Diamond
03-10-2006, 12:47 AM
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakathu

Life is a test like Akhee pointed out so insha Allah, we should try and succeed by doing good deeds. Nothing in this world is for ever. The only thing you can take with you is your good and your bad deeds so strive your best to please Allah s.w.a insha Allah.

:w: warhmatulahi wabarakathu

Guli7
03-10-2006, 12:53 AM
My biggest problem is that I put too much importance into the relationships I have with people esp. those growing up and wanting it to remain that way. The way things were at one time.

When you do that, its harder to just see life as temporary and yourself as a traveler when you invest so much of yourself emotionally to people, things, memories, homelands. Things like that.

You have to get a strong mindset to get ready for the end of life. It will happen either way. However there is no point in dreading it.

What do you believe about the importance of family in the afterlife? Do you think its mostly just about individuals themselves being on their own? We obviously won't be the same, we will transcend some way and probably forget everything. What are your thoughts on this?

Protected_Diamond
03-10-2006, 12:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guli7
My biggest problem is that I put too much importance into the relationships I have with people esp. those growing up and wanting it to remain that way. The way things were at one time.

When you do that, its harder to just see life as temporary and yourself as a traveler when you invest so much of yourself emotionally to people, things, memories, homelands. Things like that.

You have to get a strong mindset to get ready for the end of life. It will happen either way. However there is no point in dreading it.

What do you believe about the importance of family in the afterlife? Do you think its mostly just about individuals themselves being on their own? We obviously won't be the same, we will transcend some way and probably forget everything. What are your thoughts on this?
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakathu

yep Alhamdulilah, i totally agree with you sis! That's why it is recommended by the scolours to remember death every second of your life. And insha Allah if you do this you prevent yourself from committing sins and Allah s.w.a will help you in your day to day tasks insha Allah. Keep praying and Allah s.w.a will accept your duas insha Allah. Study death in depth and insha Allah your knowledge will increase and therefore you will remeber death more often beacuse; death is a very scary thing especially, if you are a disbeliver.

May Allah s.w.a help us all insha Allah.

:w: warhmatulahi wabarakathu

Guli7
03-10-2006, 01:08 AM
thanks^

I have another topic here that was on my mind:

How important is love and relationships? Should we not put too much importance to them since everything on this earth is temporary and in the end we will be on our own?

Do you think that love counts, that we see eachother in the afterlife? I mean only Allah knows but I would like to read your opinions.

I mean we all can't help who we fall in love with sometimes. We can't dwell on things like that so much. Worrying more about the afterlife and not dwelling so much on this life.

I admit that I liked this guy and now he is married. I never told anyone but kept it to myself. He was always showing me he cared but always from far away. Do you see I invested my emotions into him and it was all for nothing. It doesn't even count for anything. However I can't always help the way I feel. That is the hardest part, knowing it was all for nothing. just a waste.

I hope that my emotions and feelings die down and I move on to more important things.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.