/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 10 Things U should know!

E'jaazi
03-11-2006, 06:23 AM
Here is a short list of things all Muslims should know. These are subjects that Muslims debate over, but the evidence for these things in the Qu'ran and the Hadiths is clear, and I will be willing to post the evidence from the Scholars themselves.

1) It is haram for men to shave their beards!

2) Men have a dress code also. In short, follow the sunnah, be modest, and ALL garments must be above the ankles!

3) Women must be covered. Niqab is obligatory for the women according to the strongest of Scholarly opinions.

4) Interest (Riba) is haram in any form. It is haram to pay it, collect it, and witness it!

5) Pictures are haram. The only exception is the one made by the Scholars for things like drivers license, work ID and the like. Things we cannot avoid.

6) Music is haram! Remember, when people disagree about a thing, we are told to refer it back to Allah and His Messenger (Salallahu Alayhe wa Sallam) and therefore, the answer is still, music is haram!

7) The rows for prayer should be close and straight. It is shoulder to shoulder and foot to foot. The evidence for this is clear and there is no other evidence to go against it.

8) Imitation of the Kuffar is haram. It is also haram to celebrate their holidays and worship with them.

9) Intermingling of the sexes is strictly forbidden!

10) The Prophet (Salallahu Alayhe wa Sallam) said that he left 2 things for us to cling to: The Qu'ran and his Sunnah. Therefore we must follow both. Allah has commanded us to obey the Messenger (Salallahu Alayhe wa Sallam). So the hadiths, which explain the Sunnah, are essential in this deen.

May Allah Guide us all.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
abdul Majid
03-11-2006, 06:25 AM
1 through 10, yes to all, lol

barakallahfeek

Anonymous.92
03-11-2006, 06:34 AM
It's sad that people ignore the sunnah. Especially on topics like these.

i_m_tipu
03-11-2006, 07:11 AM
May Allah Guide us all.......amen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sargon
03-11-2006, 02:58 PM
About the dress code, what about in winter time? It's so cold, how am I going to wear all my pants above my ankles?

arehat
03-11-2006, 03:01 PM
May Allah grant us the Tawfeeq to act upon the belloved Sunah of the Prohet S.A.W. Ameen

Protected_Diamond
03-11-2006, 03:19 PM
:sl:

Jazahka Allah khair for sharing. I only found out last wednesday that it is faraz to keep a beard, i always thought it was sunnat - that is for men only lol :giggling:

:w:

d3aTh I$ aLiVe
03-11-2006, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sargon
About the dress code, what about in winter time? It's so cold, how am I going to wear all my pants above my ankles?
l:) yeh true, lol, but if u cover ur ankles u knw wot will happen 2 u afta u die

itsme01
03-11-2006, 07:41 PM
I heard Dr. Zakir say that its Ok - with which I agree as well, that its ok to cover your ankles during winter.

Could someone please explain why keeping beard in Must? and not a Sunnat?

Snowflake
03-11-2006, 08:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sargon
Don't they have socks in China bro? If not you can start importing them! :happy:

Nice post Blackjubba!

Maimunah
03-11-2006, 10:42 PM
mashallah may allah reward u bro

minaz
03-11-2006, 10:48 PM
7) The rows for prayer should be close and straight. It is shoulder to shoulder and foot to foot. The evidence for this is clear and there is no other evidence to go against it.
I can only name about two mosques i've vsitied where they practise this, and I try to exercise this when i attend mosques/prayer rooms, but only a handful of ppl do with me and i'd say 10% of muslims i've prayed with do this. If this is in your 10 haram list, surely it should be a mukrooh or lesser sin, cuz a majority of muslims on this basis are getting it wrong.

E'jaazi
03-13-2006, 05:04 AM
This is because many people do not study the Sunnah, nor do they have a desire to do so. Also, many Muslims have put their culture before the Sunnah! And many of them follow a Sheik or blindly follow one of the 4 Imams, without doing research. Here is an example: Those who follow the Hanafi Madhab, (I used to be one) wipe the backo of their necks when they make wudu. But this is noe part of the Sunnah. When I went back and read the hadiths I had gotten when I followed that madhab, I did not find one hadith that said to wipe the back of your neck. Another example is the raisinf of the hands in prayer. There is one hadith that says someone other than the Prophet (Salallahu Alayhe wa Sallam) raised his hands only at the beginning of the prayer. This person (I can't remember the name) was suppose someone who prayed close to the Prophet (Salallahu Alayhe wa Sallam) and therefore seen as someone who would not make that mistake. But even it it were true, there are about 21 othere authentic hadiths (you can read them in Bukhari) that state the Prophet (Salallahu Alayhe wa Sallam) raised his hands at the start of prayer, before ruku, when rising from ruku, when standing back up, etc. So you see, it is all a matter of studying. It is alot easier now because of all the resources available via the internet. I am not speaking badly about anyone who follows a Madhab, but simply saying that you should do your research and find out more about the Sunnah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.