/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ya...

Anonymous.92
03-13-2006, 05:14 AM
Many scholars, especially indian or pakistani, believe you should only say "Ya" to Allah and no one else. That is why you shouldn't say Ya Rasulallah. The companions said this because it is OK to say it to somebody's face. I will not tell my opinion on this. How many people believe this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Issa
03-13-2006, 05:51 AM
As-salamu Alaykum,

Sister, I am not familiar with the term. What is "Ya"?

Anonymous.92
03-13-2006, 05:56 AM
You know when people say 'Ya Allah' or 'Ya Rasulallah.' It means "O" Lie O my brther or O God. Ya is Arabic.

Anonymous.92
03-13-2006, 05:57 AM
* Like not lie i mean.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Anonymous.92
03-13-2006, 08:57 AM
Does no one have any opinions?

Muezzin
03-13-2006, 09:18 AM
Who the heck says things like 'Ya Abu-Muntasir' anyway? I'm not saying it's not allowed, because I don't know. I'm just saying that I've never heard it being used for people. The only context I've heard it in is 'Ya Allah' or 'Ya Rasulullah'.

akulion
03-13-2006, 09:34 AM
The usage of the word YA can only be done if 2 conditions are true:

1. The person being addressed is alive
2. The person being addressed is present

If those 2 conditions are not met the usage of the term YA can not be applied to an entity.

That is why we can say YA Allah

But NOT Ya Mohammed(s)

Many people use the extremely weak example from the Quran wherever it may refer to the Prophet in the terms YA.
But that is because TO Allah everyone is present and also is alive in front of Allah
So Allah can use the term YA for any of his creation.

That is best to my knowledge

Sanobar
03-13-2006, 09:47 AM
:sl:
i got a similar question on www.ask-imam.com

Q:i just need to know if saying 'Ya Muhammad" along with "Ya Allah" is right or not?coz in arabic Ya means to call out for some one who is alive like Ya akhee?

A: Since Rasulullah [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] is not Omnipresent like Allah Ta’ala, one should not say ‘Yaa Muhammad’. If one believes that Rasulullah [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] is everywhere and says ‘Yaa Muhammad’, this is Shirk

:w:

itsme01
03-13-2006, 09:52 AM
here is a relevent thread posted in another forum:
http://www.paklinks.com/gs/showthread.php?t=208832

Halima
03-13-2006, 12:30 PM
:sl:

Thread moved.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!